Road to Watchmen

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
Coming out on November 5th. I already have 95% of this material from the two volumes of the Action Heroes Archives, which included Captain Atom as well, but this also includes the early '80s material from Americomics when they very briefly licensed the Charlton characters. I also have all the old Charlton comics but these collections are a nice way to read them without destroying your 50-year-old magazines. I assume the Captain Atom stories will be in a sequel volume. All of the Charlton stuff is by Steve Ditko in his prime, right after quitting Marvel.
81Cl6ZHpRuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Wow, so this is reprints of the original comics?

Wow, so this is reprints of the original comics?
"Collecting stories from CAPTAIN ATOM (1966) #83-86, BLUE BEETLE (1967) #1-6, MYSTERIOUS SUSPENSE #1, CHARLTON PREMIERE #3, THE CHARLTON BULLSEYE(1975) #1, #5, THE CHARLTON BULLSEYE (1981) #1, AMERICOMICS #3 and AMERICOMICS SPECIAL #1."

Awesome, added to my Wishlist.

Ooh, what's the cost on this bad boy gonna be?

Also looking forward to Alan Moore's grumpy rant about this.

Looks like Dr. Manhattan has rewritten the timeline to prevent this from happening:

Looks like Dr. Manhattan has rewritten the timeline to prevent this from happening:

At least all the Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, and Question material was already reprinted in The Action Heroes Archives.
lf.jpg
I would really like nice reprints of Thunderbolt, Peacemaker, Sarge Steel, and Nightshade. My originals will not hold up if I have to keep reading them. But DC doesn't own the rights to Thunderbolt anyway. (Actually, all the Charlton characters that DC thought they bought fell into the public domain due to Charlton's failure to properly copyright back in the 1960s. If you'll notice, DC changed their costumes and most of their secret IDs very quickly once their lawyers alerted them to the fact that they didn't actually own the versions they were publishing.)

Last edited:
That's a bummer as The Road to Watchmen was going to be a cheaper option to get a hold of the comics.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back