Rolemaster

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Almost nobody ever went down due to hit points, it was usually the result of a fumble or crit result. Personally I don't find that a fault of the system, but it was a problem for players used to D&D type games where there is a hit point economy.
At lower levels, hit point loss unconsciousness is a real thing. But yeah, a few ranks of Body Development and some decent rolls and a decent con and crits, not HP, become your enemy.

Pretty much the only time you die from hit point loss is when you're bleeding out.

I had a ton of fun playing Rolemaster over the years, in a couple of different groups, I did not enjoy running it the one time I tried. Even though we used Excel to make (and break) characters, I enjoyed doing it.

I had a ton of fun playing Rolemaster over the years, in a couple of different groups, I did not enjoy running it the one time I tried. Even though we used Excel to make (and break) characters, I enjoyed doing it.
It takes a special level of organization I've found to run it and not be flustered. Just jumping in and trying doesn't bode well for your sanity.

There are a lot of character creation short cuts that can speed things up. One is starting at level zero with just your culture and hobby skills. Another is not totaling all the bonuses, seriously, you don't need to there'll be plenty of time when you're sitting around waiting your turn to work on it. Treating potential attributes as current and skipping stat gains makes a lot of sense if you make higher level characters. And really if you're making higher level characters, do level one and then multiply the ranks by the level before totaling the bonuses (or not).

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back