[RPGPUB zine] Open Call For Submissions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
For those who wish to contribute to the inaugural issue,
articles may be submitted to: rpgpubcom@gmail.com.

The Deadline for submissions is
April 1st, 2024

FORMATTING
Please submit in .doc format, with 11pt Arial double-spaced.
If you wish to include any images/graphs/tables please submit as separate JPG files, in correct dimensions and of at least 300 DPI.
MLA standard for citations.

(I have the announcement here and for the time being, mirrored in a stickied/locked thread in the main forum to cast as wide a net as possible)

I just got in contact with Necrotic Gnome to find out what the status of third party stuff is for Dolmenwood. If I can make that work I'll probably do a little DW bit for a bunch of issues in a row.

If anybody who submits something wants to briefly describe it here, it might be helpful for people to get an idea of how much of some sorts of things we're getting in.

Just submitted an OSR-style write-up of some geese folk to bedevil your characters.

May not necessarily fit in with the Spring theme, but I had already had it mostly written up when I saw that there was going to be a theme for this issue.

May not necessarily fit in with the Spring theme, but I had already had it mostly written up when I saw that there was going to be a theme for this issue.

The "theme" is pretty loose until we get all the articles in, it may simply be "the Spring issue". I wasn't planning on anything particularly Springish for my submission

There are trained and professional artists among our members.

I am not one of them. I just dabble. Still, if anyone needs an illustration for their submission and aren't too fussed about the final outcome, I can give it a go.

I am not one of them. I just dabble. Still, if anyone needs an illustration for their submission and aren't too fussed about the final outcome, I can give it a go.

Yeah, art is definitely something we want for submissions!

Here would be a spot to do a village map and/or at least 4+ NPC portrait illustrations. If you're interested, give me a PM.

Here would be a spot to do a village map and/or at least 4+ NPC portrait illustrations. If you're interested, give me a PM.

I don't do maps but I can have a shot an NPC portraits provided you don't mind they will be a bit cartoony.

I don't do maps but I can have a shot an NPC portraits provided you don't mind they will be a bit cartoony.
A portrait of the main NPCs would help tremendously. Cartoony is preferable :grin: If you want the full text I'd want to have your email address because of word limit issues. If you want just the descriptions, I can do it through PM.

A portrait of the main NPCs would help tremendously. Cartoony is preferable :grin: If you want the full text I'd want to have to have your email address because of word limit issues. If you want just the descriptions, I can do it through PM.
General description will do nicely.

If any of the submissions need an overland-style map feel free to send me a sketch and I can see if I can pimp it to an acceptable standard in Campaign Cartographer.

In subsequent issues there should also be a Fan Art section! :grin: Then we can have submissions of naive and folk art just like all those children's art drawings in video game magazines! We might even have a geese rival to Sonichu! :heart::thumbsup:

Oh, and if the 'Zine needs bad ideas I think I can come up with some. :clown: Just give me creativity parameters and a can of motivation. I'm a wealth of bad ideas! :dice:

Last edited:
I use an older version of Word that saves things as ".docx" is that workable?

What word count range are you looking for?
To start with think we're after words as opposed to no words, this being issue 1. I suspect you're asking for a word limit rather than a minimum, which we haven't really set. If what you're looking at is going to longer than 1600 words, or roughly 4 pages, I think you'd want to may check the idea over.

I've delivered a set of illustrations for Moracai Moracai submission to this project which I hope his is content with. That means I can potentially pick up more illustration work if anyone needs it.

And just to be clear, I don't do maps.

I could try my hand at some illustrations as well, if someone needs it.

(old examples)

Homunculus (2).jpg

Monsters_small.jpg

I'm willing to give maps a try as well, though I've got no particular skill/experience in it.

Last edited:
We can make colored Easter Eggs for the April 1st issue. :grin: I color mine with crayons and add paper cut outs pasted to them. Want me to make a naturally tie-dyed death goose egg... thing? :gooselove::facepalm:

:hehe: Just ask if you want natural dye recipes for easter eggs.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back