RPGs That Should Exist - 2021 Edition

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
Figure we could use a new thread for this, the old one's long gone, an sort of bogged down in a lot of posts before we really got into the wing of things.

49999194632_1ea87262b5_o.png

David Gemmell was quite adamant that his books should not be turned into Films or TV Series or anything else (as far as I know). Edited as I say 'or whatever' too much. His Drenai series could have been covered with some splatbooks, maps, modules for D&D (or Mythras, because everyone loves Mythras round here) or whatever.

The Stones of Power books though... Magic rocks from space that grant psychic powers, superhuman abilities and more beside (transmutation, illusion, even protection from nuclear Armageddon) in the hands of the good can heal and help. In the hands of the evil? Once exhausted they can only be recharged by life force and become Bloodstones.

In a post apocalyptic world crawling back to its knees and in a state of technology roughly equivalent to the Wild West, throw in mutants, cultists, artefacts (weapons from 'before the fall' like machine guns) and people using the Sipstrassi/Blood Stones to become a god, only the player characters stand between the evil and ... oblivion! Or something like that.

shannow.jpg

Speaking of Lifeforce...

lifeforce-1.jpg

The film was low budget crap for the most part but the premise was ok. Nude Space Vampires come down to spark off an apocalypse. Mathilda May. *sigh*.

Last edited:
Mathilda May. *sigh*.

As I have no shame in my game, I’ll freely admit I bought a magazine back in the day because it had behind-the-scenes photos of the making of Lifeforce, and it had photographic proof May didn’t believe in wearing clothes between takes.

As I have no shame in my game, I’ll freely admit I bought a magazine back in the day because it had behind-the-scenes photos of the making of Lifeforce, and it had photographic proof May didn’t believe in wearing clothes between takes.
I would have bought it as well...:thumbsup:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back