Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Which would be what, RQ6? Or maybe RQ5, it's tough to keep this shit straight with all the changes in companies and whatnot.

Or RQ2.5 if you go with a lot of the vibe of the rules, and the elimination of a lot of the later added detail.

Plus whatever correcting fraction to add for it having rules for Passions and Runes, and Family/Character History... Let's call that term "P", for the sake of argument. :grin:

For me it's Runequest 3e (Avalon Hill Edition) because it's divorced from the wonderful Glorantha setting. Yeah, I love Glorantha, I'd love to play in Glorantha. I just don't want to run that setting. So I prefer RQ3e because the setting is more generic and easily allows me to use it for any other setting I want to use it for, but mostly for my Thieves' World campaign setting.

Also the books are font/layout etc are easier to read than RQ6. (had to get that jab in there)

For me it's Runequest 3e (Avalon Hill Edition) because it's divorced from the wonderful Glorantha setting.
Me too. Also the character creation rules are quite spiffy. The combat system remains my favorite RQ one. I might go for something either easier or more d20-inspired (actions etc.) with other BRP games (e.g. OpenQuest), but within the RuneQuests that's still my sweet spot. Mostly because I still don't know how to feel about the post-facto MRQ2/RQ6/Mythras combat effects.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back