S&V - The Outfit (IC thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
OOC: Thanks Nobby, good ideas, will look into it. Get Gideon out Bishop will act shocked, and apalled at people stealing a person he tried to save. At gunpoint. )
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
OOC: Thanks Nobby, good ideas, will look into it. Get Gideon out Bishop will act shocked, and apalled at people stealing a person he tried to save. At gunpoint. )
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith -

Bishop is proposing to misdirect the boys in blue while you escape with Gideon. You'll still have to rig a stretcher somehow which will take time and be obvious that you're carrying a stretcher until you can get somewhere out of sight (devil's bargain for +1 HEAT), but he can give you a teamwork die by doing this, then attempt to slip away unnoticed.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
OOC: Is there a handcart or dolly in the place? That would probably the easiest thing to rig a stretcher out of.

IC: "Bishop, that sounds dicey but we're out of options," says Yoster. "If you think you can silver tongue your way out lets do it. Vaya con Dios my friend, if you get pinched get a message to us and we can work something out." Yoster starts looking around something to MacGuyver a stretcher out of.

Silverlion Silverlion Smith Smith
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
OOC: Is there a handcart or dolly in the place? That would probably the easiest thing to rig a stretcher out of.

IC: "Bishop, that sounds dicey but we're out of options," says Yoster. "If you think you can silver tongue your way out lets do it. Vaya con Dios my friend, if you get pinched get a message to us and we can work something out." Yoster starts looking around something to MacGuyver a stretcher out of.

Silverlion Silverlion Smith Smith
Smith Smith, Silverlion Silverlion -
A quick look into the kitchen gets you a dirty look from the chef, but you can see a trolley in the corner. You might be able to knock one of the bench tops loose and turn it into an improvised gurney. Roll for RIG. This is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect. You can get a teamwork die from Brun's help and burn a gambit.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
K i have a die in rig, plus the teamwork die. I can't do rolling, so lemme know.
Silverlion Silverlion, Smith Smith -

6, 6, 1 = critical success. +1 gambit.

In plundering the supplies you miraculously find several rolls of duct tape and heavy-duty cling film. The bench top isn't held on very strongly at all, and a few quick kicks separates it from the frame it's sitting on, and it comes off, sending the appliances, cookware an in-progress meals clattering all over the floor. The chef looks even more pissed off with you, but isn't going to interfere.

This lets you and Brun gently load Gideon onto the benchtop, hoist it onto the gurney, and secure the whole shooting match quite tightly with cling film and duct tape. You're good to go and rush out the door with Bishop gasping in mock horror.

Your call to Red Star gets a reply that somebody will be there with a van no-questions-asked in about 15 minutes. You need to find somewhere to go to ground that will keep him hidden that long. Bishop's vital signs monitor shows Gideon as stable but with blood pressure too low for comfort.

As an alternative, you could try and locate a van or truck that you could steal.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
We travel down a few blocks then double back to see if we're being tailed.
Séadna Séadna -
You notice one of the thugs discreetly observing you for a few blocks then he drops off. A little further tradecraft and you identify a seedy looking gentleman who appears to have taken his place.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
OOC: is there some canvas or some shit like that? We can pretend to be doing road work worh a canvas cordon. We'll hide dude inside the canvas square.

Tableclothes?

Edit: and something orange maybe?
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
OOC: is there some canvas or some shit like that? We can pretend to be doing road work worh a canvas cordon. We'll hide dude inside the canvas square.

Tableclothes?
Fortune roll - 2D6 = 6, 1: good fortune.

By astonishing good luck, there is a cupboard with linen - table cloths and suchlike - in it. You could easily grab some and stuff them in the bottom of the trolley.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Cool, well roll his ass out and then make like a road crew. Brun can pretend to lift some shit and I'll pretend to be on the phone, furious that shit hasnt arrived.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith -

You roll the makeshift gurney out of the alley and a couple of blocks across.

Fortune roll = 6, 6 - critical, your lucky day. By good fortune you find a spot behind a parked van where you can set something up and it looks superficially like the van is part of your setup.

Silverlion Silverlion -

The air ambulance arrives a couple of minutes after Yoster and Brun leave. Two paramedics come in and then start looking around confused. Somebody directs them to you and one says - "what happened to the injury?"

A few minutes later a couple of police troopers arrive.

OOC: Spin your story. Bonus dice to your crap artistry attempt for a better story.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Silverlion Silverlion - You are being called on to explain yourself. Time for a spot of crap artistry.

OOC: Can we pause while I find out if I've any option yet to use. Question: Can I call in an ally, for emergency evac? Only a commander, but I served with him. Or could I take a Devil's Deal to get something else to save Gideon? I'm not sure the call in has time, but could I sway someone to call a med-service? (It gets a bonus with my doctor uniform garb) However, "Gambit" on the PC sheet is not listed as me taking stress, its listed as being separate from that, so did I use a Gambit for that? Or is it still free? Me taking stress is an option for a roll, with gambit listed separately, so I maybe confused.
OOC: Gambits are a seperate metacurrency pool; there was a conversation between myself and Fenris-77 Fenris-77 about them a little earlier, but I'll find it in the rulebook if you want.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 - You see a couple of police ride past on motorcycles, then another two about a minute later.

OOC: I thought you had arranged a pickup but I can't find it anywhere in the thread. Maybe you can find it, or do something, or propose a flashback or some such about your next steps to get away from here.

Smith Smith - Pain is your friend. You're feeling a bit sore from your little altercation with our Taxadine shooting friend.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
We travel down a few blocks then double back to see if we're being tailed.
Séadna Séadna -
You notice one of the thugs discreetly observing you for a few blocks then he drops off. A little further tradecraft and you identify a seedy looking gentleman who appears to have taken his place.
Voros Voros, Séadna Séadna - You've arranged a meeting with Nazarovo this evening, but you've picked up a hasty tail as you leave. What do you do?
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I speak out of the side of my mouth 'Do we try to lose this tail or lead him into a trap and question him?'
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
OOC: I believe Yoster phoned some contacts looking for a van pickup, yeah. If I didn't actually do that I'm doing it now.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
OOC: I believe Yoster phoned some contacts looking for a van pickup, yeah. If I didn't actually do that I'm doing it now.
OOC: I thought you did too but I can't find it. I'll go back through the posts again.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
I speak out of the side of my mouth 'Do we try to lose this tail or lead him into a trap and question him?'
"Let's lead him into a trap, should be easy enough to do. Let's just keep walking until we spot an isolated alley or the like. If I can I'll then quickly get out of sight so he might think you're alone"

If possible and if there is a moment where they are out of sight of the trail, Espa will use her augments when they reach an alley to parkour up a ladder or fire escape or similar.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
I speak out of the side of my mouth 'Do we try to lose this tail or lead him into a trap and question him?'
"Let's lead him into a trap, should be easy enough to do. Let's just keep walking until we spot an isolated alley or the like. If I can I'll then quickly get out of sight so he might think you're alone"

If possible and if there is a moment where they are out of sight of the trail, Espa will use her augments when they reach an alley to parkour up a ladder or fire escape or similar.
It's not hard to find an alley. Going past a two-storey office building with a sign "Longjing house" you find an alley that goes through to the next block. There's a vehicle park behind the building, what looks like a loading bay for another building and then a couple of other two storey buildings at the other alley.

There are balconies that you can easily jump up to and there are some heat exchangers for ACUs, aerials and other bits of equipment on the roof that you can hide behind. The roof is pitched and looks like it's made from ceramic tiles but you could also run across the roof to the building next door.

Make a SCRAMBLE or SKULK roll to see how well you do. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

Voros Voros - You have the option of nonchalantly walking down the alley or trying to lose your tail as well.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith -
Silverlion Silverlion, Smith Smith -
[ . . . ]
Your call to Red Star gets a reply that somebody will be there with a van no-questions-asked in about 15 minutes. You need to find somewhere to go to ground that will keep him hidden that long. Bishop's vital signs monitor shows Gideon as stable but with blood pressure too low for comfort.

As an alternative, you could try and locate a van or truck that you could steal.
OOC: I believe Yoster phoned some contacts looking for a van pickup, yeah. If I didn't actually do that I'm doing it now.
OOC: Found it.

You have a window of 15 minutes or thereabouts where you have to avoid attracting attention or deflect it from yourselves somehow. You're currently pretending to be a road worker annoyed at something and arguing with somebody on your hand comm.

Silverlion Silverlion - You have the option of trying to spin a story that would further deflect the attention of the police. You can take a devil's bargain to add a die to the process of trying to distract the police from your friends, but if it fails the police might become suspicious of you with some extra HEAT.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
I'll switch back and forth for talking loudly into my hand set to shouting at my 'workers' and generally swearing a lot about something that didn't get done and something that didn't show up, and none of that is my goddamn problem, is it? The goal is to be enough of a show that anyone who does look will look at me and not the rest of our sorry little masquerade.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
Silverlion Silverlion - You have the option of trying to spin a story that would further deflect the attention of the police. You can take a devil's bargain to add a die to the process of trying to distract the police from your friends, but if it fails the police might become suspicious of you with some extra HEAT.

I will take the devil's bargain (it's been a while so PM with instructions for rolling.if you don't mind. Lots gone on for me in the past little bit.)
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
I will take the devil's bargain (it's been a while so PM with instructions for rolling.if you don't mind. Lots gone on for me in the past little bit.)
OOC: The devil's bargain gives you an extra die on the roll, and you have a die in SWAY. Roll 2 dice and see what results you get.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
It's not hard to find an alley. Going past a two-storey office building with a sign "Longjing house" you find an alley that goes through to the next block. There's a vehicle park behind the building, what looks like a loading bay for another building and then a couple of other two storey buildings at the other alley.

There are balconies that you can easily jump up to and there are some heat exchangers for ACUs, aerials and other bits of equipment on the roof that you can hide behind. The roof is pitched and looks like it's made from ceramic tiles but you could also run across the roof to the building next door.

Make a SCRAMBLE or SKULK roll to see how well you do. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

Voros Voros - You have the option of nonchalantly walking down the alley or trying to lose your tail as well.

I continue down the alley.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
(I don't know where I posted, it gone whoops) "I hope they stay safe.." worries Bishop. ooc roll: 3, 6
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
I'll switch back and forth for talking loudly into my hand set to shouting at my 'workers' and generally swearing a lot about something that didn't get done and something that didn't show up, and none of that is my goddamn problem, is it? The goal is to be enough of a show that anyone who does look will look at me and not the rest of our sorry little masquerade.
(I don't know where I posted, it gone whoops) "I hope they stay safe.." worries Bishop. ooc roll: 3, 6

6= Success.

You deliver an impassioned speech about how a bunch of thugs fought in the bar and made off with somebody. The police officers detain you for a while and look a bit suspicious (+1 HEAT) but you manage to waste a lot of their time while they argue over whether to detain and interrogate you. Two more police officers arrive at the scene as well.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 -

Your ride has arrived. Another van pulls up beside you and a couple of people jump out wearing hard hats.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
IC: Alright you lazy fuckers, lets get this job packed up and didi mao. I'll get the hardhats to run some physical interference while we load the wounded into the van. Then back to the club house. Hopefully Bishop can meet us soon enough to help the fellow out.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
I continue down the alley.
OOC: Got a 6
6 = Success

Voros Voros - You duck off down the alley and get down to the other end before someone casually walks into the alley. You turn into the next street as they hurry down the alley after you. Their tradecraft isn't the best today.

Séadna Séadna - You deftly shimmy up the side of the building and conceal yourself behind a row of heat exchangers. From your vantage point you can see someone walk past the end of the alley then hurry down after Lola. They don't appear to have noticed you.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith -

You bundle the makeshift gurney into the back of the van, and climb in, then the two people get in the front.

One says to you "We got a place out of town you can go if you need to lay low. The gaffer says you can use it if you need."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Silverlion Silverlion - After about half an hour arguing, the police let you go. One says "I've got my eye on you."
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith -

You bundle the makeshift gurney into the back of the van, and climb in, then the two people get in the front.

One says to you "We got a place out of town you can go if you need to lay low. The gaffer says you can use it if you need."
Lets do it. We can figure things out from there. Yoster will drop a text to Bishop telling him to call for the location of today's lunch reservations.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I turn a corner so I'm out of sight then duck suddenly into a nearby clothing store. Once in the store I remove my jacket and leave it in one of the racks and when the staff aren't looking calmly walk right through the staff exit and out the back.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
You deftly shimmy up the side of the building and conceal yourself behind a row of heat exchangers. From your vantage point you can see someone walk past the end of the alley then hurry down after Lola. They don't appear to have noticed you.
Seeing Lola head into the store, Espa will get into motion with the trap. She will try to wait until she can get a clear literal drop on the pursuer, i.e. jump down upon them and pin them to the ground.
If the building height is so much that there's no way of doing this without killing or maiming myself or them, Espa will instead drop to street level once they pass and then sneak up and grab them from behind.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Seeing Lola head into the store, Espa will get into motion with the trap. She will try to wait until she can get a clear literal drop on the pursuer, i.e. jump down upon them and pin them to the ground.
If the building height is so much that there's no way of doing this without killing or maiming myself or them, Espa will instead drop to street level once they pass and then sneak up and grab them from behind.
Your PRETERNATURAL ability gives you the ability to leap down from the roof.

Make a RISKY SCRAMBLE roll with STANDARD effect for the leap.

In addition, make a RISKY SKULK roll with STANDARD effect to see how quiet you were. As an alternative, you can take a DEVIL's BARGAIN, forgoing stealth, to add 1D to the SCRAMBLE roll. Alternatively, you have a gambit in hand, or could take a push.

Voros Voros - you could add a teamwork die by doing something to distract the goon.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Lets do it. We can figure things out from there. Yoster will drop a text to Bishop telling him to call for the location of today's lunch reservations.
Smith Smith -

The drivers take you a long way south into the Kelley Forest region, and turn up a back road to a dillapidated old farm. There is a printed concrete house that looks like it's seen better days and some outbuildings. Inside the house is run down but habitable.

The driver says "You'll be safe here for a while. We're just trying to rustle up an automed so try to keep him alive for the next few hours."

."
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Smith Smith -

The drivers take you a long way south into the Kelley Forest region, and turn up a back road to a dillapidated old farm. There is a printed concrete house that looks like it's seen better days and some outbuildings. Inside the house is run down but habitable.

The driver says "You'll be safe here for a while. We're just trying to rustle up an automed so try to keep him alive for the next few hours."

."
Hopefully Bishop rings for directions sooner rather than later...

Smith Smith
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top