S&V - The Outfit (IC thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Grunting, Brun breaks out of the foliage and calls out to the duo. She tries pretty hard to play off like she's alone.

"Oi, what are you two up to?"

My results are 1/1/3. Can I push a roll? Could remind me how it works as I don't have the rules handy.

My results are 1/1/3. Can I push a roll? Could remind me how it works as I don't have the rules handy.
You can take a push for two stress or take a gambit for an extra die.

Push for an extra roll, take 2 stress

Result = 6! (yay)

OOC: Result of SKULK for tree climb was 4

OOC: Result of SKULK for tree climb was 4
You don't get as close as you'd like, but you can see them clearly. They're talking quietly and you don't catch it all, but one is saying "Nothing so far.. [Indistinct] .. under surveillance .. [indistinct] ..". The other says "Yes, Sir." clearly enough for you to hear.
Push for an extra roll, take 2 stress

Result = 6! (yay)
You skillfully stalk up much closer to the bogies - possibly close enough to grab and ambush one. You conceal yourself in the underbrush very stealthily.
Grunting, Brun breaks out of the foliage and calls out to the duo. She tries pretty hard to play off like she's alone.

"Oi, what are you two up to?"
The two men look startled and turn to face you. One goes halfway to grab a concealed weapon but stops. The one closest to you thinks on his feet for a moment and replies (quite smoothly). "Department of Conservation Rangers, Ma'am. We're going to be carrying out a wildlife survey in the area." He quickly shows you an authentic looking identity card.

OOC: Is Yoster hearing or seeing anything from his position near the door? He's getting itchy...

OOC: Is Yoster hearing or seeing anything from his position near the door? He's getting itchy...
Most of what's going on is sneaking about so you don't hear a lot. After a while you can hear Brun talking to someone and a voice replying, but it's a bit far away to make out what's being said.

OOC: Ok, I'll sit tight, but I'm just waiting for an excuse to something rather rash. :grin: Imma goober something today, I'll say that much.

Bishop says very quietly "Since no one has replied to my com asking for aid, I'm going to assume you are either dead or have it handled so I'm going to return to my original location. If you need patching up, let me know." He then slowly and cautiously returns to his spot but keeps an irregular pattern of watching the woods behind him and listening for the comm.

I wait to see what Brun does, I move on the one nearest me if he goes for his gun.

You don't get as close as you'd like, but you can see them clearly. They're talking quietly and you don't catch it all, but one is saying "Nothing so far.. [Indistinct] .. under surveillance .. [indistinct] ..". The other says "Yes, Sir." clearly enough for you to hear.
Espa will stay put for now. However if one of them approaches the tree she will attempt to get drop down and subdue them silently.

The two men look startled and turn to face you. One goes halfway to grab a concealed weapon but stops. The one closest to you thinks on his feet for a moment and replies (quite smoothly). "Department of Conservation Rangers, Ma'am. We're going to be carrying out a wildlife survey in the area." He quickly shows you an authentic looking identity card.

"Really? Let me see your form 37-B." Brun quickly moves to her most corporal-y voice to get some command over these slick fools. "Don't tell me you didn't also get a co-signer on that, this is protected property." She continues striding towards them at a steady pace, mindful of the one who reached for a weapon.

You've got COMMAND. See if you can impress them. Use a push or gambit if you feel so inclined.

OOC: From Discord: [4, 2] Result: 4 +Stress
4 = Success with complications

The one who flashed his ID at you tries to brass it out and says something to the effect of not needing a 37B for the initial survey. He tries to claim authority to come onto the land but realises he isn't being very convincing. He seems to think you're genuine at the moment and is looking uncomfortable. The other one gets on his handcomp and starts calling out to somebody.
I wait to see what Brun does, I move on the one nearest me if he goes for his gun.
Espa will stay put for now. However if one of them approaches the tree she will attempt to get drop down and subdue them silently.
You can both hear the conversation. They don't appear to have spotted either of you.

The one who flashed his ID at you tries to brass it out and says something to the effect of not needing a 37B for the initial survey. He tries to claim authority to come onto the land but realises he isn't being very convincing. He seems to think you're genuine at the moment and is looking uncomfortable. The other one gets on his handcomp and starts calling out to somebody.

Brun points at the other guy on his handcomp in her authoritative stance, "that better be you on the phone with your supervisor because it doesn't sound like you guys have the proper paperwork to be out here." She then proceeds to put both hands on her hips, and starts tapping her boot. "I suggest you head back to the office and get this clusterfuck unfucked before you come back."

Brun points at the other guy on his handcomp in her authoritative stance, "that better be you on the phone with your supervisor because it doesn't sound like you guys have the proper paperwork to be out here." She then proceeds to put both hands on her hips, and starts tapping her boot. "I suggest you head back to the office and get this clusterfuck unfucked before you come back."
Clock4-2.png Battle of wits with intruder.

The other one is still chatting on his handcomp you hear him whispering "Who is she?". The first one is looking a bit goldfished but still hasn't given up.

You can make another attempt to fully shut him down. This is DESPERATE, as his mate appears to be trying to check on your bona fides and you might not have much time.

I'll cover Brun over coms, "What is the hold up with the patrol of your sector?" He says into comms especially if someone is listening. While heading her direction at a brisk run.

I move on the one with the handcomp and try and smack him out from behind with the butt of my gun.

Espa still waits in the tree, waiting to see how things develop.

I move on the one with the handcomp and try and smack him out from behind with the butt of my gun.
Make a roll (SCRAP or SKULK) to pull this off. This is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect. You can add a push or a gambit.
OOC: If a melee is starting, Brun would stop trying to trick these guys and try taking them down and incapacitating 'em
You notice Lola going in to scone one of the goons. You can assist for an additional 1 die.
I'll cover Brun over coms, "What is the hold up with the patrol of your sector?" He says into comms especially if someone is listening. While heading her direction at a brisk run.
You run up behind the party just to see Lola and Brun going to engage the intruders.
Espa still waits in the tree, waiting to see how things develop.
Brun and Lola are making a move on the intruders. You could attempt to drop on one of them.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 - you hear some chatter on the comms. Looks like things are starting to heat up. Maybe it's time for a little goober in the works ...

"What the hell is going on? Why are you two here?" he says aloud to the other two. "I'd suggest you come along peacefully."

Skulk Roll = 4/4/4
Smith Smith, Silverlion Silverlion, Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Séadna Séadna -

Lola and Brun tackle the two intruders. Both turn out to be fairly adept at unarmed combat but you manage to get the drop on them and wrestle them to the ground, immobilising them with no serious injuries.

The second one's communicator is lying on the ground. You can hear a voice demanding to know what's going on.

Yoster will move toward the kerfuffle, quickly but using cover as micj as possible. Goober gun is put and ready.

Smith Smith, Silverlion Silverlion, Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Séadna Séadna -

Lola and Brun tackle the two intruders. Both turn out to be fairly adept at unarmed combat but you manage to get the drop on them and wrestle them to the ground, immobilising them with no serious injuries.

The second one's communicator is lying on the ground. You can hear a voice demanding to know what's going on.
Brun gestures for one of the guys to hurry over, and motions towards the comms. "Tell 'em situation's normal or something!" She hisses.

Brun gestures for one of the guys to hurry over, and motions towards the comms. "Tell 'em situation's normal or something!" She hisses.
Hm. Large leak. Very dangerous?

Espa drops down from the tree and grabs the communicator and puts it to the mouth of one of the men.

"Tell him you thought you saw something, but false alarm" she whispers to him "Deviate from that and you'll regret it"

"What the hell is going on? Why are you two here?" he says aloud to the other two. "I'd suggest you come along peacefully."
The two men look startled as you rush up.
Skulk Roll = 4/4/4
4 = Success with reduced effect. You get closer to the intruders, but might not be able to get the drop on them completely.
Yoster will move toward the kerfuffle, quickly but using cover as micj as possible. Goober gun is put and ready.

Clock4-2.pngYoster arrives

You're crashing along a path in the bush and will probably arrive next turn. Make a roll on PROWESS (you have 3 pips in this) - RISKY with STANDARD effect to see how quickly you arrive.
Espa drops down from the tree and grabs the communicator and puts it to the mouth of one of the men.

"Tell him you thought you saw something, but false alarm" she whispers to him "Deviate from that and you'll regret it"
Whoever has the best COMMAND could try it and see if they're intimidated. Take an extra die for teamwork. You can add another die by taking a push for 2 STRESS.

3#1d6 6 1 3

Yoster runs through the woods like a champ.

6 = success - +1 gambit

Clock4-4.png Yoster arrives

You arrive to see the rest of the gang confronting a couple of intruders dressed in suits. One of them has a handcomp open and appears to be talking into it. Espa and Brun have weapons trained on the intruders. You see Bishop has just arrived as you enter into view.

"What's the sitch?" Yoster whispers at Brun. "These fuckers need to be in restraints ASAP, we don't have time to piss about."

Lola barrels ahead. She pulls out her pistol and tries to pistol whip one of the guys.

(What should I roll?)

Lola barrels ahead. She pulls out her pistol and tries to pistol whip one of the guys.

(What should I roll?)
You can roll SCRAP to try and hit one of the intruders. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

TEAMWORK 1D + 1D for teamwork = 3,3

Brun stutters over her words as she tries to force out a hissed command.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back