S&V - The Outfit (IC thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yoster will help Rook.
Smith Smith - Yoster has made his way through the crowd and is a flanking position. The assailant is momentarily distracted, giving you the extra teamwork die. What do you want to do?

Lola smiles and says 'Certainly.' She walks over and sits down, slightly bows her head in greeting and calls the wait staff over to order another cup of tea.

'Hello,' she says and waits for the boss' response.
@Seadna -
A waiter comes out with a pot of tea and a small bowl of what looks like crystalized ginger. Nazarovo pours you a cup each and says: "Jasmine tea - grown in a microclimate near Tynda. I think you will like it."

He eats piece of the ginger and sips his tea, "It seems you would like to discuss something with me - perhaps you might introduce yourself?"

Smith Smith - Yoster has made his way through the crowd and is a flanking position. The assailant is momentarily distracted, giving you the extra teamwork die. What do you want to do?
OOC: Brun will attempt to get this guy in a chokehold and force him to pass out, nullifying the stims (hopefully).

@Seadna -
A waiter comes out with a pot of tea and a small bowl of what looks like crystalized ginger. Nazarovo pours you a cup each and says: "Jasmine tea - grown in a microclimate near Tynda. I think you will like it."

He eats piece of the ginger and sips his tea, "It seems you would like to discuss something with me - perhaps you might introduce yourself?"

'Lola,' I say. 'You may know my friend Bardo Hutt. I'm here with a friendly business proposition, to our mutual benefit of course. I want permission to operate, a simple snatch and grab no blood or anything likely to bring down heat and in exchange I will arrange a tithe. Can't say what the cut will be yet, a flat payment instead of a percentage as it will require no skin from you or your boys, just a blessing and diverted eyes.'

OOC: Brun will attempt to get this guy in a chokehold and force him to pass out, nullifying the stims (hopefully).
Fenris-77 Fenris-77
Make your roll. You can take a devil's bargain (risking killing him) for an extra die, or use stress for a boost, plus 1D for Yoster pitching in (Yoster takes 1 stress point for this) . You have gambits available to Yoster's impressive collection and your successful rolls. This could get you up to 4D (5D -1D for trying something difficult)

Roll dem bones. This is a DESPERATE roll with REDUCED effect.

'Lola,' I say. 'You may know my friend Bardo Hutt. I'm here with a friendly business proposition, to our mutual benefit of course. I want permission to operate, a simple snatch and grab no blood or anything likely to bring down heat and in exchange I will arrange a tithe. Can't say what the cut will be yet, a flat payment instead of a percentage as it will require no skin from you or your boys, just a blessing and diverted eyes.'

Séadna Séadna -

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Lola. That is an interesting proposal, although this is perhaps a little too public a venue to discuss such matters."

He pauses for a bit, appearing to appraise you.

"We shall meet at the Maruyama gardens at 6pm tonight to discuss this. The gardens close at 6PM but I can make certain ... arrangements. We shall be unobserved and undisturbed."

Again, he pauses briefly, studying you.

"In the mean time, please enjoy this cup of tea. Jasmine tea also goes very well with ginger. It cleanses the palate."

He takes a sip from his cup of tea.

"Please - help yourself. And, pray, let us enjoy the art of a fine conversation."

Bishop will still be working hard. Trying to find that what bleeding in that mass of damage (I'm not sure if I can spend a gambit on its on, but I'll spend something, maybe a friendly nurse comes in to act as assistant.) He wishes he had a magnavisor to see deeper, but such tools are beyond a field kit. (5,6,2) unless I get another +1 for the gambit--that's just kit and skill.

Bishop will still be working hard. Trying to find that what bleeding in that mass of damage (I'm not sure if I can spend a gambit on its on, but I'll spend something, maybe a friendly nurse comes in to act as assistant.) He wishes he had a magnavisor to see deeper, but such tools are beyond a field kit. (5,6,2) unless I get another +1 for the gambit--that's just kit and skill.
OOC: You can spend a gambit on this if you like, although you've already got a success. All that spending a gambit gives you is a 1/6 chance of a critical success.

Clock6-0.png Gideon Bleeding

6 = SUCCESS - +1 GAMBIT. You have stabilised Gideon and stopped the bleeding. Chances are good that once the ambulance gets here he will survive. However, he's lost a lot of blood and is now unconscious.

"In the mean time, please enjoy this cup of tea. Jasmine tea also goes very well with ginger. It cleanses the palate."

"Please - help yourself. And, pray, let us enjoy the art of a fine conversation."
Espa narrows her eyes and places her hand on the table near Lola indicating not to touch the tea yet.

"Conversation about what exactly? No offense intended, it's just Madame Hart is busy and as her bodyguard I am nervous about remaining in one place for too long"

Séadna Séadna -

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Lola. That is an interesting proposal, although this is perhaps a little too public a venue to discuss such matters."

He pauses for a bit, appearing to appraise you.

"We shall meet at the Maruyama gardens at 6pm tonight to discuss this. The gardens close at 6PM but I can make certain ... arrangements. We shall be unobserved and undisturbed."

Again, he pauses briefly, studying you.

I smile, nod and say nothing.

BIshop wipes his brow, and seals Gideon up, for now waiting for more medical care that is coming. He watches over Gideon and keeps checking vitals, kneeling in blood. Still worried, but glad he got this far. He looks around and says "I think he'll make it, not sure what lunatic did this..." he sighs and waits between checking Gideon's status.

I smile, nod and say nothing.
Séadna Séadna -
Nazarovo puts on a show of disappointment and says "I'm sorry you can't take a little time out to enjoy your day. I feel it's always good to get to know people one does business with, but if you can't make time now, perhaps we can enjoy a cup of tea at some later date."

He still lets an intent gaze slip - you can tell he's studying you, trying to see behind the facade. He has an easy charm and gives you the impression he's a very skilled manipulator of people.

BIshop wipes his brow, and seals Gideon up, for now waiting for more medical care that is coming. He watches over Gideon and keeps checking vitals, kneeling in blood. Still worried, but glad he got this far. He looks around and says "I think he'll make it, not sure what lunatic did this..." he sighs and waits between checking Gideon's status.
He remains breathing and seems to be stable.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77
Make your roll. You can take a devil's bargain (risking killing him) for an extra die, or use stress for a boost, plus 1D for Yoster pitching in (Yoster takes 1 stress point for this) . You have gambits available to Yoster's impressive collection and your successful rolls. This could get you up to 4D (5D -1D for trying something difficult)

Roll dem bones. This is a DESPERATE roll with REDUCED effect.
Taking that devil's bargain:

3D6 = [4, 4, 3]

Oh dear

Did you take a die for Yosters help?
Yes. He's got a penalty for trying to do something difficult.

Taking that devil's bargain:

3D6 = [4, 4, 3]

Oh dear
4 = SUCCESS with HARM

BrunYosterAssailant
LightXX
Serious
Critical
LightX
Serious
Critical
LightXX
SeriousX
Critical

Brun and Yoster crash tackle the assailant, who manages to get a few elbows and knees in. This process knocks several tables over, injuring one of the patrons. The rest start stampeding out of the bar, except a few who are continuing to rubber-neck the sterling job of field surgery being undertaken by Silverlion Silverlion.

Devil's Bargain: the bartender starts yelling at you and threatening to call the police. He seems to think you attacked the assailant (which is technically correct, and technically correct is the best kind of correct).

You've dislocated the assailant's shoulder, but he doesn't seem to have noticed. He's struggling to get away from you.

Clock6-1.png Restraint of assailant.

It occurs to you that he will be very hard to restrain and keep restrained, and even if you do, the police are likely to arrive before you can really do anything with him.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 - you hadn't clocked that the guy was on combat stim drugs - and you've never had direct experience of trying to subdue somebody on Taxadine. The guy's strength comes as a shock - you weren't expecting it, and he fights like a demon. You're not so bad at fisticuffs yourself, but this dude is something else.

Last edited:
"What's the plan here!?" Brun yells, forgetting Yoster's codename. "I can't keep him here!"

"Fucked if I know, this guy is higher than a kite," pants Yoster. "Just hit him over the head or something and we'll didi mao. We can't be here when the cops arrive..."

OOC: What would it take here to just get some separation so we can make a break for it?

Smith Smith

"Sounds like a plan better than any!"

OOC: Lets skedaddle!

"Fucked if I know, this guy is higher than a kite," pants Yoster. "Just hit him over the head or something and we'll didi mao. We can't be here when the cops arrive..."

OOC: What would it take here to just get some separation so we can make a break for it?

Smith Smith
"Sounds like a plan better than any!"

OOC: Lets skedaddle!
OOC: Probably just let him go, by the look of it. He seems to be just trying to get away now.

Séadna Séadna -
Nazarovo puts on a show of disappointment and says "I'm sorry you can't take a little time out to enjoy your day. I feel it's always good to get to know people one does business with, but if you can't make time now, perhaps we can enjoy a cup of tea at some later date."

He still lets an intent gaze slip - you can tell he's studying you, trying to see behind the facade. He has an easy charm and gives you the impression he's a very skilled manipulator of people.

I put my hand on Espa's shoulder as if to restrain her.

'We'll meet you tonight but it can only be you and one of your fellows, no more or we split,' I say.

I put my hand on Espa's shoulder as if to restrain her.

'We'll meet you tonight but it can only be you and one of your fellows, no more or we split,' I say.
He considers briefly and then agrees "Certainly. That is acceptable."

One of the goons approaches and politely gestures towards the front door.

Last edited:
I tap Espa on the knee and move to the exit, keeping an eye on our associates to see if I can glean anything from their mien when they don't know I'm looking.

I tap Espa on the knee and move to the exit, keeping an eye on our associates to see if I can glean anything from their mien when they don't know I'm looking.
Voros Voros, Séadna Séadna -
You can roll STUDY to see if you come away with anything of interest. You have 1D from skill. For an extra 1D you could take a push (2 STRESS) or a a devil's bargain, giving them a chance of clocking you. You have a gambit in hand which you could also use for an extra 1D. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

I roll a 1 :/
You don't notice anything of significance. If you want you can add a push or gambit retrospectively or take a devil's bargain and be more obvious about it..

No I'll let it go and hope my companion has more luck.

"OK gents, lets get our wounded friend outta here and get the fuck off the street. Badges will be here soon and carrying a gunshot victim down a city street isn't exactly subtle." says Yoster. Yoster pulls out his phone and calls Sully down at the yard. Hopefully Sully can get us a van or something inbound ASAP while we find somewhere to get out of sight.

"Bishop, can we move this guy without killing him?" asks Yoster.

OOC: What other kinds of businesses and whatnot are on the street out the back way? If there's something vacant maybe we can lie low there.

Silverlion Silverlion Smith Smith

Brun shakes out her muscles, sore from the fight. She nurses some of her fresh wounds. "That was rough, I'm hoping we can get off the street so I can grab a pack of frozen mushy peas or something."

"OK gents, lets get our wounded friend outta here and get the fuck off the street. Badges will be here soon and carrying a gunshot victim down a city street isn't exactly subtle." says Yoster. Yoster pulls out his phone and calls Sully down at the yard. Hopefully Sully can get us a van or something inbound ASAP while we find somewhere to get out of sight.

"Bishop, can we move this guy without killing him?" asks Yoster.

OOC: What other kinds of businesses and whatnot are on the street out the back way? If there's something vacant maybe we can lie low there.

Silverlion Silverlion Smith Smith
OOC: See below. You've got a couple of options: scarper and leave him to the paramedics. At the moment Bishop isn't so obviously connected with you that he couldn't deny all knowledge for long enough to slope off unnoticed. Alternatively, you could try and improvise a stretcher, which would take a significant amount of time.

Option 1: Everybody disappears, leaving Gideon to the fates. You will probably get away quickly enough to go to ground before any pursuit arrives.
Option 2: Devil's Bargain - Bishop hangs around long enough to find out where the paramedics are going and makes up a cock-and-bull story for the heat. This risks getting Bishop on the radar, although he's got plausible deniability about having anything to do with you..
Option 3: Devil's Bargain - You try to improvise a stretcher and get away with Gideon to somewhere you can be picked up and taken to a safe house. This risks getting you made carrying the stretcher down the street. +1 HEAT.
Brun shakes out her muscles, sore from the fight. She nurses some of her fresh wounds. "That was rough, I'm hoping we can get off the street so I can grab a pack of frozen mushy peas or something."
There will be an alpha mart or other convenience store where you can get something frozen within a few blocks.

OOC: The fourth wall seems amused at your taste for mushy peas.
(Due to a keyboard issue I will be unable to post much until after the end of this week.)
He's not in any condition to be moved without a stretcher or gurney. You could take a devil's bargain and try to improvise one, but that would take long enough to give you a significant chance of being made, or attracting unwanted attention by carrying a stretcher off down the street.

OOC: PM me your paypal address and I'll send you enough to get a keyboard.

Also, if you want an expedient way to get a PC that can be pimped out with a gaming card, these can be good value for money off the ex-lease market. I just bought something similar.

You could put something like a GTX1060 into it for another $100-200. That will handle modern games well enough - IIRC it's about the minimum recommended spec for CP2077. You may need to get a 6-8 pin power supply cable adaptor, but that's just another few bucks off Ebay.

No I'll let it go and hope my companion has more luck.
You walk out looking calm and poised.
Espa will similarly have a cursory glance at the them as she heads out.

OOC: It was a 6
6 = Success. +1 Gambit.
You notice Nazarovo gesture discreetly to one of his men, who gets out his comm and starts to speak into it.

You notice Nazarovo gesture discreetly to one of his men, who gets out his comm and starts to speak into it.
Espa will lean into Lola.

"Making a call, might be innocuous, but let's get a move on just in case"

Espa will keep a sharp eye out for anybody trailing them.

Espa will lean into Lola.

"Making a call, might be innocuous, but let's get a move on just in case"

Espa will keep a sharp eye out for anybody trailing them.
OOC: Where do you wish to go from here?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back