S&V - The Outfit (IC thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Can we make with the rustling to have that set up somewhere in the city and move him there? I don't want to kill the guy, but the exposure here is making me itchy.
OOC: The reason the folks from the club brought you out here is that the city might be a bit warm after the altercation in the bar and somebody had some family property in the area they could put you up at. You might get away with slipping back into the city but you don't have a safe house there that isn't associated with you.

The Kelley Forest region is in the commuter belt for both Vetawa and Moseli (there is a maglev stop in the area and a fair amount of commuter rail, motorway and CG air bus links not marked on the map) and is a separate jurisdiction so it's likely to be at least a few days before somebody connects the dots. That should give you breathing space to find a better safe house and move him.

Smith Smith, Silverlion Silverlion ^^^

Voros Voros

"Alright. Sensible enough from your end, but understandably we get a bit uneasy when somebody tails us"

She looks toward Lola.

"I think we should let him up" she says while still keeping a hold on him and awaiting Lola's confirmation.

I nod. 'Let you're boss know we're not to be messed with, strictly business.'

He knows he's been made and stands up, straightening his suit and brushing the dirt off. He looks a bit annoyed but says "I'll be sure to tell Mr. Nazarovo. Good day." and walks back out to the street. You see him get out a handcomp and call someone as he walks away.

You're both standing in an alleyway between two city blocks. Your motorbikes are parked some distance away.

OOC: ok, we'll stay put and I guess try and source an automed or whatever.

Smith Smith

I jet and await word from our new friend.

OOC: Got a little busy at work and packing up to move house so my brain is full but I havent' forgotten you guys. Watch this space.

Yoster groggily consults his datapad. What day is it anyway? It feels like he's been asleep for weeks.:trigger:

Starting up again

As we left our intrepid anti-heroes Fenris-77 Fenris-77 and Smith Smith had just gotten your contact Gideon stabilised in an out-of-town clinic near Kelley forest, an area that's part reserve, part gentrified commuter belt between Vetawa and Moseli. Fenris-77 Fenris-77 is trying to figure out how to get an automed set up somewhere that Gideon can be kept securely.

Currently he's in a static automed at the clinic. This is a larger, non-portable clinical model and the clinic are most certainly going to notice if you abscond with it, and likely won't be pleased.

Silverlion Silverlion - you're still in town; you've just gotten clear of the police entanglement after the fight at the cafe and about to make a mad dash on your motorbike to get out to the clinic.

Séadna Séadna, Voros Voros - You've travelled to Rokanan in order to secure a route to collect the shipment of arms from Cimmeria. Having just met one of the local capos, Mr. Nazarovo, you're leaving a rather ambiguous meeting with him and have just made one of his goons. After rigging an ambush, the goon has walked off and called someone on his handcomp.

Here is a nice summary of the situation as you understand it.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith - You're standing around the clinic with Gideon in an automed. You've contacted Bishop ( Silverlion Silverlion) and he's supposed to be en route out to rendezvous with you.

Silverlion Silverlion - you're free of the rozzers and can get to your bike and drive out with a greater or lesser degree of reckless disregard for your personal safety.

Séadna Séadna, Voros Voros - You've left your tail walking off after making him. You're standing in an alley on the edge of the central business district of Rokanan, some distance from where you parked your motorbikes.

So I can't find my character sheet, blah, I'm two laptops on this year so I guess. Anyway, I'm going to re-write Yoster as straight Fixer to eliminate the Gambit stuff that was a bit of an issue anyway. His stats won't change, just the abilities.

So I can't find my character sheet, blah, I'm two laptops on this year so I guess. Anyway, I'm going to re-write Yoster as straight Fixer to eliminate the Gambit stuff that was a bit of an issue anyway. His stats won't change, just the abilities.
There should be a link on the OOC thread.

There should be a link on the OOC thread.

Yup, that was .png of the completed sheet, not the sheet itself. I've since found the original, but I got the feeling you found the Scoundrel rules a little annoying.

Yup, that was .png of the completed sheet, not the sheet itself. I've since found the original, but I got the feeling you found the Scoundrel rules a little annoying.

I'm happy to leave it as is too. Whatever suits you Nobby-W Nobby-W

I just found it amusing that you found a way to min-max a storygame. Lots of gambits is fine. You can re-jig the character if you want to but it's fine as is.

I just found it amusing that you found a way to min-max a storygame. Lots of gambits is fine. You can re-jig the character if you want to but it's fine as is.
I didn't find a way, it's straight out of the Scoundrel playbook for S&V. :grin: Honestly, it just seemed like a cool way to be able to push the pedal to the floor more often. I'll leave him as is then. I will probably do a new character sheet though so I post, link, and edit through google docs.

I didn't find a way, it's straight out of the Scoundrel playbook for S&V. :grin: Honestly, it just seemed like a cool way to be able to push the pedal to the floor more often. I'll leave him as is then. I will probably do a new character sheet though so I post, link, and edit through google docs.

That's possibly a better way to do it, or you can cut and paste it directly into the OOC thread so it's visible without having to follow the link. The downside is that you can't control the column widths on tables with Xenforo so the formatting tends to come out a bit wonky.

Might as well be careful from here, less notice this way. Bishop says to himself as he does amble wildly through town just fast enough to be seen as normal traffic. "Hope everyone got back, alive. I cant patch them if I have to, but I can't fix death."

Yoster is going to take a stroll through his rolodex to try and find an off-the-books facility we can move Gideon to. Sully might know someone, who knows. He'll also ring Bishop to see how close he is and ask him about finding a medical facility as well.

[OOC]: Not sure what you'd like me to roll on this one..

Might as well be careful from here, less notice this way. Bishop says to himself as he does amble wildly through town just fast enough to be seen as normal traffic. "Hope everyone got back, alive. I cant patch them if I have to, but I can't fix death."

You thread through the traffic in and out of the startown and get onto the South motorway. You estimate your ETA at somewhere about 50 minutes.

Yoster is going to take a stroll through his rolodex to try and find an off-the-books facility we can move Gideon to. Sully might know someone, who knows. He'll also ring Bishop to see how close he is and ask him about finding a medical facility as well.

[OOC]: Not sure what you'd like me to roll on this one..

We can make a fortune roll for this. Start with one die and see if you can come up with some things that might bring another die into the party. You can also contact Bishop ( Silverlion Silverlion) and see if he can think of something to bring to the party.

If we're making one fortune roll, could one of us count as helping the other as we pool out contacts? Also, has the scene refreshed or are we still sitting on 2 or 3 gambits? One of those plus a a help die would do the trick I think. I'd also consider taking a devil's bargain that had me owning someone a favour at a later date...

If we're making one fortune roll, could one of us count as helping the other as we pool out contacts? Also, has the scene refreshed or are we still sitting on 2 or 3 gambits? One of those plus a a help die would do the trick I think. I'd also consider taking a devil's bargain that had me owning someone a favour at a later date...

It can count as a teamwork bonus for a roll to find contacts. You can go for an attempt to confabulate about finding a contact - a success here would count as a major advantage on the fortune roll.

I don't think that gambits can be used for fortune rolls. You can spend it on some attempt to create a major advantage for the roll. Not sure how many unburned gambits you have - it's not recorded on the party summary sheet for some reason. I've got a meeting in a few minutes but if you could go back over the scene from after the end of the fight in the cafe and find out how many unburned gambits you have - for the purposes of this scene count it from after you get away from the cafe.

OOC: OK, so if we refreshed after the getaway we started with two, generated one and used one, so we're at two (I'll try to me more on top of that, sorry). Lemme consider some confabulation..

Yoster and Bishop wrangle back and forth on the phone about people they know and who might be able to help them out with a no-questions automed facility in a hurry. After some discussion they realize that they both know a fellow named Diego Bando, who, among other things, does have black market medical contacts. He isn't exactly a friend though, so perhaps a persuade roll might soften him up (and give us a die on the fortune role)

OOC: Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

OOC: OK, so if we refreshed after the getaway we started with two, generated one and used one, so we're at two (I'll try to me more on top of that, sorry). Lemme consider some confabulation..

Yoster and Bishop wrangle back and forth on the phone about people they know and who might be able to help them out with a no-questions automed facility in a hurry. After some discussion they realize that they both know a fellow named Diego Bando, who, among other things, does have black market medical contacts. He isn't exactly a friend though, so perhaps a persuade roll might soften him up (and give us a die on the fortune role)

OOC: Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?
That will do. I like the image of arguing on the phone. Once Silverlion Silverlion sees this and agrees you can use teamwork and SWAY and spend a gambit if you wish. This will be a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

19351_249714951120_5857405_n.jpg

Lola drops a psychpill and turns towards Espa as he pupils dilate and turn blue.

'So, what's next? I assume we've not much choice but to trust these streetjockies. Probably more dangerous to try and back out now.'

Lola drops a psychpill and turns towards Espa as he pupils dilate and turn blue.

'So, what's next? I assume we've not much choice but to trust these streetjockies. Probably more dangerous to try and back out now.'

It works best if you give the other players an explicit ping (e.g. Séadna Séadna) if you say something to them so they get a notification.

That will do. I like the image of arguing on the phone. Once Silverlion Silverlion sees this and agrees you can use teamwork and SWAY and spend a gambit if you wish. This will be a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.
(Yes agreed) "Look, I just need the..will you give that back!"

Look, we just need ... no, don't bloody interrupt, we need .... oh, yeah well ok, that's a good point. But what about that guy from the docks he's ... ahh, shit, well never mind. We still need ... yeah, YEAH, I hear you, we're on the same page we just need it done right bloody now.

Look, we just need ... no, don't bloody interrupt, we need .... oh, yeah well ok, that's a good point. But what about that guy from the docks he's ... ahh, shit, well never mind. We still need ... yeah, YEAH, I hear you, we're on the same page we just need it done right bloody now.

After some to-ing and fro-ing you manage to get hold of a geezer named Roubaix who can put you up in an industrial lot, no questions asked. He has an automed, apparently an older model. When you push him on whether it works he says 'Tip top condition mate. Of course it goes.' The address you get is in an industrial lot west of the central business district.

14c Provo Drive.

Look for a sign saying 'Huaiyin Engineering'.

Bishop arrives on his motorbike, pulling into the parking lot.

MoseliLarge.jpg

Espa leans into your ear, looking behind you and says quietly 'We need to get to the bikes and get mobile pronto.'

"Finally," breathes Yoster. Once Bishop arrives he can do what he needs to to stabilize the patient for transit and we can get our didi mao on. "Weapons free folks," says Yoster, "I don't know this Roubaix fellow so be ready for things to potentially go sideways. Yoster checks his gear and mutters "We could use a win here..."

Silverlion Silverlion Smith Smith

We roll out.

You've got a bit of a walk to get to the bikes and set off. Currently you're in an alley between two buildings. You've made your tail but it's not obvious whether there's anybody else. However, their tail had to have been on short notice, so they may or may not have some backup. The best option is to get some distance away before they can get anybody else on your tail.

Map1Pos1a.png

"Did you miss me that much?"

"You have no idea, c'mere and gimme a kiss you beautiful bastard," laughs Yoster.

Gideon is currently in the automed in the clinic. He's stabilised to the point that he's not bleeding out. With Bishop here you can probably keep him stable in the van without the automed. Getting him into the van without raising eyebrows might be a challenge.

OOC: If it's short notice they probably can't front and back you, should be a breeze.

Gideon is currently in the automed in the clinic. He's stabilised to the point that he's not bleeding out. With Bishop here you can probably keep him stable in the van without the automed. Getting him into the van without raising eyebrows might be a challenge.
No problem. Yoster will flash his (fake) security firm ID and spout some nonsense about classified movements and need to know. He'll be polite, but firm, asking only that the staff move into a back room so as to preserve the anonymity of our brave secret service lads. It will all over in a couple of minutes folks, and the government thanks you for your cooperation...

"Let me get the packages ready." he says just in case anyone was ears on. "Sorry its in rough shape, mail delivery sucks locally."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back