S&V - The Outfit (IC thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: Do I need to roll to distract the clinic folks?

"Let me get the packages ready." he says just in case anyone was ears on. "Sorry its in rough shape, mail delivery sucks locally."

OOC: Do I need to roll to distract the clinic folks?

Make a SWAY or COMMAND roll. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect. Silverlion Silverlion can partake for a teamwork bonus. You can take a devil's bargain if you get a partial success to whisk him out with a bit of suspicion (+1 HEAT locally).

Make a SWAY or COMMAND roll. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect. Silverlion Silverlion can partake for a teamwork bonus. You can take a devil's bargain if you get a partial success to whisk him out with a bit of suspicion (+1 HEAT locally).
I'll take that Bargain. Four dice total then... Forging a narrative at the clinic: 4#1d6 4 5 1 5

The clinic staff are befuddled by Yoster's rapid fire bullshit while Bishop bundles Gideon out and into the waiting ride. The staff are left with vague suspicions that something untoward just happened, but perhaps not exactly what.

I'll take that Bargain. Four dice total then... Forging a narrative at the clinic: 4#1d6 4 5 1 5

The clinic staff are befuddled by Yoster's rapid fire bullshit while Bishop bundles Gideon out and into the waiting ride. The staff are left with vague suspicions that something untoward just happened, but perhaps not exactly what.

The clinic staff look a bit perturbed at this and you're not entirely sure they've bought it. Nevertheless, you transfer Gideon to a collapsing gurney and get him into the van unharmed. Bishop ( Silverlion Silverlion) can keep him stable but you'll need Brun ( Smith Smith) to ride shotgun on his motorbike. You drive off back towards the motorway. It's possible that the clinic staff have made the van.

OOC: We can make the van disappear if we have to. Do we get to wassname's unmolested?

"Brun, you ready to make with the ultraviolence if this meet goes sideways?" asks Yoster with a laugh.

"Look, there's a few places a van like this might go to disappear, hospital, we don't having any faux signs?"

OOC: We can make the van disappear if we have to. Do we get to wassname's unmolested?

"Brun, you ready to make with the ultraviolence if this meet goes sideways?" asks Yoster with a laugh.

Brun is looking a little the worse for wear since her tangle with Taxadine-boy but she looks ready to rip somebody's head off.

(OOC: Smith Smith and Séadna Séadna have intrusions from real life so they will be out of circulation for some time)

You've got some distance. There is a motorway in from Kelley forest, a ring road, another couple of motorways that come in from the west. Alternatively, you could stick to back roads.

There are likely places you could nick licence plates or other resources to improvise a disguise job for the van.

Moseli region1.png

"Look, there's a few places a van like this might go to disappear, hospital, we don't having any faux signs?"

The clinic is on the outskirts of a small town in the Kelley forest region. There are some bigger superstores in a development you went past and loads of small independent shops around the roads.

Warungs.jpg

Voros Voros - you've got a km or so to get to the bikes as you left them somewhere inconspicuous and made sure you didn't have a tail. You might want to try and avoid picking up a tail on the way back.

We'll stick to the back roads. When a likely spot for some plate swapping appears we'll make a quick stop and get that done. Then we will collectively gird ourselves for meeting with people we don't know.

Voros Voros - you've got a km or so to get to the bikes as you left them somewhere inconspicuous and made sure you didn't have a tail. You might want to try and avoid picking up a tail on the way back.

We weave in and out of stores and crowds on our wat to the bikes. Double back twice to make sure then jet on the bikes.

We'll stick to the back roads. When a likely spot for some plate swapping appears we'll make a quick stop and get that done. Then we will collectively gird ourselves for meeting with people we don't know.

You travel westwards through the back roads, filtering through village after village (the whole region is densely populated so there are a lot of small villages and townships). Encountering a scrap yard on the outskirts of the township, you can see some wrecked vehicles that still have identification plates.

We weave in and out of stores and crowds on our wat to the bikes. Double back twice to make sure then jet on the bikes.

Fortune roll for opposition: 6 (1, 6): Before you get too far, you notice somebody behind you who looks a bit hot and bothered, like he's been running.

Map1Pos2.jpg

We'll pull in to the scrap yard and do a quick switch. Are there attendants in the yard who need distracting?

"Look we've got to be careful with moving too often, we don't want things to go from bad to worse!"

We'll pull in to the scrap yard and do a quick switch. Are there attendants in the yard who need distracting?

"Look we've got to be careful with moving too often, we don't want things to go from bad to worse!"

You pull into the yard and see a chap with a wife beater shirt and a pair of cargo shorts. He looks half asleep and is sitting on a chair under an awning out the front of a small porta cabin. As you pull in he looks up at you, puts on a nylon coolie hat and starts walking towards you. When you pull up he says 'What can I get you Boss?'

0_KA_BEM010121_scrapyard_03.jpg

I'll turn to Brun, and whisper "You get the switch done and I'll distract numb nuts, call me on my cell when its done"

Moving toward this relic of lost Appalachia, "My good man, I am in urgent need of your services. I have a friend with a delivery service and a fleet of untrustworthy vans. You can see where this is leading, yes? My friend, while a wizard at scheduling deliveries, is an abomination in terms of fleet service and just now finds himself in possession of far too many vehicles that are not fit for the road. I find myself urgently in need of tires, batteries, and some electronics for standard Uber-7 model delivery vans. I do hope you can help. Perhaps we could take a look at your inventory while my friends here refresh themselves from the road?"

OOC: Persuade here? IDK...

I'll turn to Brun, and whisper "You get the switch done and I'll distract numb nuts, call me on my cell when its done"

Moving toward this relic of lost Appalachia, "My good man, I am in urgent need of your services. I have a friend with a delivery service and a fleet of untrustworthy vans. You can see where this is leading, yes? My friend, while a wizard at scheduling deliveries, is an abomination in terms of fleet service and just now finds himself in possession of far too many vehicles that are not fit for the road. I find myself urgently in need of tires, batteries, and some electronics for standard Uber-7 model delivery vans. I do hope you can help. Perhaps we could take a look at your inventory while my friends here refresh themselves from the road?"

OOC: Persuade here? IDK...
OOC: Command (Karen him), Consort (charm him) or Sway (crap artistry). Take your pick. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

Well, as a consummate crap artist, I'll go that direction. Distracting the dipshit: 3#1d6 4 1 4

HmmK, complicate me.

His name is Kanundi and he smells of grease, dirt, sweat and weed. You can tell he's not interested in your patter as he shows you a line of wrecked U7's You can tell he's keeping an eye on Brun and Bishop ( Silverlion Silverlion, Smith Smith) over his shoulder as you turn on the charm.

You are now in a worse position. This is a DESPERATE roll with standard effect - you need to do something to get his attention.

Last edited:
His name is Kanundi and he smells of grease, dirt, sweat and weed. You can tell he's not interested in your patter as he shows you a line of wrecked U7's You can tell he's keeping an eye on Brun and Bishop ( Silverlion Silverlion, Smith Smith) over his shoulder as you turn on the charm.

You are now in a worse position. This is a DESPERATE roll with standard effect - you need to do something to get his attention.
Yoster will stare levelly at Kanundi for a moment and then let a slow smile spread across his face. "Yeah, you're the right guy. I think you and I can can maybe help each other out." Yoster will pull out his Balthazar Ghent security ID and sow it to the man. "I'm security for Golgan-Drang Industries. Here, take a good look," he'll put the card up right in the man's face. "You know what that means right? Money. That's right." Yoster smiles again. "Someone locally is selling stolen chip sets. Our chip sets. And that does not make my Lords and Masters happy at all." Here Yoster frowns. "Unhappy means dead. But not you mate, you're in luck. I need to develop some contacts locally and I'm willing to pay handsomely for them. All you'd need to do is keep an eye out for our product and give a me ring if you hear anything."

"What's worth to you to keep an ear to the ground for me? And think big..." asks Yoster. Rolling sway and hoping to play on his greed...

I'll take a gambit so that's 3 dice, do I get a die for the story?

Yoster will stare levelly at Kanundi for a moment and then let a slow smile spread across his face. "Yeah, you're the right guy. I think you and I can can maybe help each other out." Yoster will pull out his Balthazar Ghent security ID and sow it to the man. "I'm security for Golgan-Drang Industries. Here, take a good look," he'll put the card up right in the man's face. "You know what that means right? Money. That's right." Yoster smiles again. "Someone locally is selling stolen chip sets. Our chip sets. And that does not make my Lords and Masters happy at all." Here Yoster frowns. "Unhappy means dead. But not you mate, you're in luck. I need to develop some contacts locally and I'm willing to pay handsomely for them. All you'd need to do is keep an eye out for our product and give a me ring if you hear anything."

"What's worth to you to keep an ear to the ground for me? And think big..." asks Yoster. Rolling sway and hoping to play on his greed...

I'll take a gambit so that's 3 dice, do I get a die for the story?

The story is what gives you permission in the first place - you're recovering from a previous clanger (worse position).

You've got your 3 dice. Roll dem bones. This is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect.

You travel westwards through the back roads, filtering through village after village (the whole region is densely populated so there are a lot of small villages and townships). Encountering a scrap yard on the outskirts of the township, you can see some wrecked vehicles that still have identification plates.

Fortune roll for opposition: 6 (1, 6): Before you get too far, you notice somebody behind you who looks a bit hot and bothered, like he's been running.

View attachment 41072

I let him continue to follow us, seeing what he does.

Rolling the bones: Distracting buddy: 3#1d6 1 3 5

Success with a complication: Your attempts to bamboozle Kanundi aren't getting a lot of traction but Brun has managed to get out of sight for long enough to lift some ID plates from a van behind the ones in direct sight. Silverlion Silverlion - you see her signal that she's got the plates as she comes back out from the van and hands them to you discreetly. You can easily follow behind her to get to your van and secret the plates out of sight.

I let him continue to follow us, seeing what he does.
He hasn't realised you've made him. You continue to walk in the general direction of the bikes. There's a fair range of options for back alleys or other paths to attempt to duck out of sight.

OOC: You know this might be a good thing as they could possibly have stuff like UAV's or informants.

Assuming I see Brun getting sneaky I'll wrap up the shit talk with a promise to contact him regularly and pay for any information he might have. Time to go...

Assuming I see Brun getting sneaky I'll wrap up the shit talk with a promise to contact him regularly and pay for any information he might have. Time to go...
You manage to sweet talk him long enough for Bishop to pile into the van and Brun to get back on the motorbike. Kanundi doesn't appear to have noticed your other passenger in the back of the van.

You manage to sweet talk him long enough for Bishop to pile into the van and Brun to get back on the motorbike. Kanundi doesn't appear to have noticed your other passenger in the back of the van.
Excellent. We'll get while the getting is good. We can look for a secluded spot to make the switch as we go. I think we've pushed our luck here quite far enough.

Excellent. We'll get while the getting is good. We can look for a secluded spot to make the switch as we go. I think we've pushed our luck here quite far enough.

Silverlion Silverlion, Smith Smith -

You get back in the van and drove off with Brun on the motorcycle. You can see Kanundi scratching his head as you leave.

You drive out of the town and back onto the back roads. There are some patches of trees and quite a few little villages and small side roads, so plenty of opportunity to change out the ID plates.

OOC: Voros Voros - see ^^^^^

He hasn't realised you've made him. You continue to walk in the general direction of the bikes. There's a fair range of options for back alleys or other paths to attempt to duck out of sight.

OOC: You know this might be a good thing as they could possibly have stuff like UAV's or informants.

I keep an eye out for a fire escape in any nearby alleys I can climb to lose the tail.

"Let's get this done quickly and on our way. We've got a life to save."

"Agreed. We'll do a quick plate change when the opportunity arises and get to the meet ASAP."

"Agreed. We'll do a quick plate change when the opportunity arises and get to the meet ASAP."

You drive a little further and find a quiet side road that drives through a copse of trees, with enough space on the side for you to pull over. Unless someone drives right past, there is no line of sight.

I keep an eye out for a fire escape in any nearby alleys I can climb to lose the tail.
You come to an intersection and to the side you can see a clear area by the road with some street vendors and what looks like an alley behind the vendors. You're pretty sure you can get out of line of sight quickly enough to use the street market as cover.

gettyimages-975587176-612x612.jpg

I go to vendor, order some fried desert on a stick, pay the vendor first and wait, I stare intently in the distance like I've noticed someone further down the street and wave at them. As soon as the tail's eyes move away I slip away in the crowd leaving the desert behind.

I go to vendor, order some fried desert on a stick, pay the vendor first and wait, I stare intently in the distance like I've noticed someone further down the street and wave at them. As soon as the tail's eyes move away I slip away in the crowd leaving the desert behind.

Let's see how well this works. Make a SKULK roll, RISKY with STANDARD effect.

You drive a little further and find a quiet side road that drives through a copse of trees, with enough space on the side for you to pull over. Unless someone drives right past, there is no line of sight.
We change the plates quickly and continue to the meet...

We change the plates quickly and continue to the meet...
You obscure what you're doing with the plates by parking the motorbike behind the van and the single passerby doesn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.

After that you continue on your way to the safe house in Bekasi, an industrial district to the west of Moseli Startown. When you arrive, the air has a hot plastic smell of some sort of manufacturing nearby. The site you arrive at is a partially abandoned industrial development with lots of about 40m x 80m. Several of the lots are obviously abandoned and one has clearly been burned down in a fire some time ago and never rebuilt.

As you turn into Antonella st., you can see a watchman's office on the corner with a bored looking security guard. He pays you little attention. In the fourth lot, there is a large prefab cabin at the back with two garages and a door into the interior. The windows have blinds down, but the building matches the description you've been given. In the front of the lot is a large industrial building that appears to be disused. Per the instructions, you find a beer crate around the side of the building, and there are two mechanical keys under the crate.

You note that there is a PV array on the roof of the building.

Antonella.png

"Let's get our friend inside and on to the machine. Can you manage that bit, oh scion of the medical profession?" says Yoster. "I'll get the car out of sight while Brun does a security sweep of the building and perimeter," he adds, glancing at Brun to make sure that works for her.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back