Sales & Dungeons — Thermal Printer as TTRPG Utility

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Instantnoodl

Pubber
Reaction score
readme_header.png

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share a odd free & open-source tool I've been developing for a few years. With Sales & Dungeons you can create highly customizable handouts, quick reference and much more for your Dungeons and Dragons (or other TTRPG / P&P) Sessions printable by Thermal Printers. Most Thermal Printer are small in size and can be taken with you and kept right at the gaming table. Use-cases range from printing out magic items, spells or a letter that the group found to little character sheets of your players to use as DM note. It also supports custom generators like Dungeon Generators. The possibilities are nearly endless!

Community creations are mostly centered around 5e and OSR systems at the moment, but in theory you can create templates for all kinds of systems regardless the setting. I hope we will see more community creations in the future!

Screenshots

screenshot.png
screenshot_gen.png

Some Videos

Have folks tried paring it with a raspberry pi? Seems like you could get it down to some buttons and switches and make it a handy stand alone device.

What problem are people using it to solve?

Have folks tried paring it with a raspberry pi? Seems like you could get it down to some buttons and switches and make it a handy stand alone device.

What problem are people using it to solve?
Yep there are a few people using it with Raspberry Pi's. The Software works on all major operating systems. If you deploy it on a raspberry pi you can access the UI via the webbrowser from your computer or tablet.

Regarding what people use it for:
  • Print out magic items or other stuff that players randomly find so you can give it to them in a compact format right at the table.
  • Print out monsters for reference to keep behind the DM screen.
  • I personally use it to print out random generated equipment packs for my open table so that character creation is faster and the format works really well as the player can just stick it to their character sheet.
  • I also use it to print out letters or coded messages that the players find. I just roll it up, put a small cord around it and the player can open it by themself and physically keep it.
  • Random characters for DCC (where you need a lot of them quickly :grin:) or other Systems
One example from a user (frshbeetz). A "Order Form" for Equipment for his OSR Game, which I think is really cool:

image.png

Over all I think it's a nice bridge between digital tool and non-digital printed result. The format works really well for a lot of use-cases imo. No further cutting required. No ink needed. You can keep it at the if you want. And most of all people just seem to having a lot of fun tinkering with it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back