Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Ida gets a bit nervous.

She tries to project "WE TAKE SPHERE. PROBLEM?"
After a few floundering exchanges you think you think you've explained it. From the responses it seems to be OK with that.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
After a few floundering exchanges you think you think you've explained it. From the responses it seems to be OK with that.
Ida can't quite shake a feeling of dread, but turns and nods to Okon.

"Keep going, I was just in contact with the presence. It seems fine with what we are doing"
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Ida can't quite shake a feeling of dread, but turns and nods to Okon.

"Keep going, I was just in contact with the presence. It seems fine with what we are doing"
Okon and the crew get back to loading the sphere. It takes them a few hours but they manage to crate it up and load it into the third crawler.

You feel the presence of the entity brush across you several times.

Somehow it feels slightly different - in addition to the cold, artificial presence, there seems to be a faint something that feels more organic.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
665
Reaction score
716
"You alright, Ida?" Kal asks, trying to be inconspicuous and out of earshot of Okon's crew.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
1,688
Steevo goes around and checks all the sensor feeds while racking his brains for a way to take down something that flies.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Steevo goes around and checks all the sensor feeds while racking his brains for a way to take down something that flies.
There's the old rule of thumb - hold out your thumb at arms length. If the target is bigger than your thumb it's close enough to engage with small arms fire.

Unfortunately, it's quite a lot smaller than your thumb.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
"You alright, Ida?" Kal asks, trying to be inconspicuous and out of earshot of Okon's crew.
"No...I can't shake the feeling we're doing something wrong, even though the presence here is giving me the okay"

She tries to focus in on the organic aspect of the presence.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
"No...I can't shake the feeling we're doing something wrong, even though the presence here is giving me the okay"

She tries to focus in on the organic aspect of the presence.
You feel it very faintly - it's there now but it wasn't before. It feels dormant or nearly dormant, and like it's somehow intertwined with the artificial presence but still separate. And it's very, very old.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
You feel it very faintly - it's there now but it wasn't before. It feels dormant or nearly dormant, and like it's somehow intertwined with the artificial presence but still separate. And it's very, very old.
Ida will disengage for now and head to the crawler.

She does however transmit a "BACK SOON" message before she goes.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Ida will disengage for now and head to the crawler.

She does however transmit a "BACK SOON" message before she goes.
@Bunch - you ride up on your trail bike.

@Smith, @Séadna, @Stan -

You're ready to go now; the crawlers have been packed, including the sphere. Okon wants Twitch to scout ahead on the bike.

There are three crawlers - how do you want to arrange yourselves on the crawlers?
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
7,068
Reaction score
10,236
"Leaving so soon? Was it something I said?" Twitch jokes
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
665
Reaction score
716
(so we have the booty and we are making a getaway, to be clear?)
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
665
Reaction score
716
"Alright let's ... stay cold? Frosty? I forget how that phrase goes."
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
1,688
Steevo offers will drive if necessary but prefers not to. If he's not driving, he will sit in the back of the middle vehicle and operate a couple of cameras quickly attached ot the outside to watch for drones.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
@Séadna, @Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -
  • Twitch is scouting ahead on a trail bike
  • Kal is in the first crawler - it also has Okon and Lar
  • Stan is in the second crawler, trying to keep up a programme of aerial surveillance. It also has Janek and Joshi
  • Ida is in the third crawler, with Anvil, Wade and Fort. The sphere is in the back of the crawler, and the entity seems to be pretty quiet and contemplative at the moment.
You make it out of the end of the valley and drive back towards your rendezvous point. Travel for a few hours is pretty uneventful.

@Bunch - after a few hours you spot someone on a scrambler in the distance.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
7,068
Reaction score
10,236
OOC How far ahead of the main group? How far away is the unknown scrambler? Which direction is the scrambler headed? What does Twitch think the odds he's been seen is?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
OOC How far ahead of the main group? How far away is the unknown scrambler? Which direction is the scrambler headed? What does Twitch think the odds he's been seen is?
You're ranging about a km or so ahead of the main group - looking off to the sides of the trail and carrying out scouting duties. The scrambler is maybe a couple of km off. It definitely changes direction, riding back the way it came, which suggests the rider is reacting to you.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
7,068
Reaction score
10,236
Flashback -
"Ok guys if you hear repeated hammering on the comms it means we've been spotted. Break radio silence if you need to." Twitch says before heading out on scouting duty....

Present -
Twitch hammers on the comms repeatedly hoping the guys hear the news before heading out to chase their pursuer.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
"What are we dealing with?"

If Twitch tells them:
"They might have turned back to get more support. I can't let Twitch go it alone"

She'll check for a bike to head after Twitch.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
"What are we dealing with?"

If Twitch tells them:
"They might have turned back to get more support. I can't let Twitch go it alone"

She'll check for a bike to head after Twitch.
There is another bike on the third crawler (where you're sitting). You've got two bikes in total. It would take about 5 minutes or so to unpack it and get your stuff.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
Ida will take the five minutes to get the bike and her stuff ready and follows Twitch.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
@Bunch - You see Ida riding up towards you from the crawlers.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
Ida looks ahead of Twitch and around for anything unusual as she drives toward him.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Ida looks ahead of Twitch and around for anything unusual as she drives toward him.
You can't see anything much now; the bogey Twitch saw has driven off.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
@Smith, @Stan, @Séadna, @Bunch -

You continue to drive until later in the day, making good progress. You're not all that far from the moisture farm you encountered on the way here.

Anvil breaks radio silence from the third crawler with a terse "Shit, there's someone behind us."
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
If Twitch hears that he'll turn around.
Ida will similarly do a sharp turn back toward the crawlers.
You ride back to the main convoy and can see several vehicles approaching from behind, maybe about a kilometre or so behind you now. There are a two rovers, maybe 5 trail bikes and a couple of scramblers. One of the rovers is flying a banner that appears to be an Apex Predator patch. At the rate they're catching up they will be with you in a minute or two.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
1,688
Steevo doubts that cargo carriers can outrun bikes and scramblers. He gets on the comm. "Hey everyone. I don't think this parade will make it to the end. We need to find a place to pull over and deal with things."
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
3,883
Steevo doubts that cargo carriers can outrun bikes and scramblers. He gets on the comm. "Hey everyone. I don't think this parade will make to the end. We need to find a place to pull over and deal with things."
OOC: With the load you can get maybe 50-60kph over flat terrain, less if it gets bumpy. The bikes and scramblers are significantly faster than that.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
5,733
You ride back to the main convoy and can see several vehicles approaching from behind, maybe about a kilometre or so behind you now. There are a two rovers, maybe 5 trail bikes and a couple of scramblers. One of the rovers is flying a banner that appears to be an Apex Predator patch. At the rate they're catching up they will be with you in a minute or two.
Ida will drive back to the crawlers and hope on, then approach Okon.

"What kind of weaponry do we have? Large enough group of Apex Predators headed this way"
 
Top