Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Twitch takes a pot shot at the Rover as it clips the bike!

Scrap = 5

Ida will head to check her bike. If fine she'll hop on and head after them.

Steevo takes a shot at the ATV.
Roll 1d6: 3

ooc: anyone got any bright ideas for big actions we can take? shooting back and forth will probably wear us down.

Steevo takes a shot at the ATV.
Roll 1d6: 3

ooc: anyone got any bright ideas for big actions we can take? shooting back and forth will probably wear us down.
Addng a teamwork die as the other folks in your crawler are also attacking.
1D6=6 = success.

Clock4-3.png Damage to second rover.

+1 Gambit, +1 XP

Twitch takes a pot shot at the Rover as it clips the bike!

Scrap = 5

5 = Success with reduced effect.

Clock4-2.png Damage to second rover

Ida will head to check her bike. If fine she'll hop on and head after them.

The bike is damaged quite badly - the front forks are bent; you'll need a new set to ride at any speed, although it might limp along in a pinch.

Last edited:
Ida will try to head to Twitch and take cover behind a rock once more.

"I might need a ride" she says to Twitch as (OOC: or if!) she returns to cover.

OOC: re: the dismounted AP - is the rover moving fast enough to out pace him or can he quite easily catch up?

OOC: re: the dismounted AP - is the rover moving fast enough to out pace him or can he quite easily catch up?
He's going to get back on his bike. You could shoot him or the bike.

"Dammit I dunno what to do and they're moving too fast. I hope this is a good idea. It's my last trick" He calls out on the communicators, "Lightning!" which will hopefully give his team two seconds head up so they are less likely to crash.

Steevo grabs the box beside him on the seat. It has an old timey plunger on top. He gives the handle at the top a quarter turn to line it up and then slams it down. If he designed it right, it would send out an EMP which will temporarily kill electronics, including the electronics of gas engines and flying drones.

rig (take stress for extra roll): 1,5,3

"Dammit I dunno what to do and they're moving too fast. I hope this is a good idea. It's my last trick" He calls out on the communicators, "Lightning!" which will hopefully give his team two seconds head up so they are less likely to crash.

Steevo grabs the box beside him on the seat. It has an old timey plunger on top. He gives the handle at the top a quarter turn to line it up and then slams it down. If he designed it right, it would send out an EMP which will temporarily kill electronics, including the electronics of gas engines and flying drones.

rig (take stress for extra roll): 1,5,3
Smith Smith, Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch, Séadna Séadna

We can flashback that you had this built for 1 STRESS - it's an exotic piece of kit, but we can assume you have the know how.

5 = success with complications. The device is a one shot, explosively disrupting a superconducting inductor coil that holds a remarkably large amount of energy - something akin to quenching an MRI scanner but focused on a device the size of a loaf of bread.. The coil head on the device gives off a very loud bang and a bright arc flash as the induction loop is broken, vapourised by the energy you just dumped. It also cost a few bob for the high-temp superconductors.

+1 XP (desperate)

Resistance: ATVs 6, Bikes 3, Scramblers 4.

The Rovers don't seem to be affected at all. Two of the three scramblers just drop dead, and all of the three remaining bikes lose power.

Complications: A warning light on the crawler's dash comes on, and the display indicates that the ECU has encountered a fatal system error and is running diagnostics.

A figure in one of the rovers stands up in the back, fires a blaster into the air four times, and then the rovers and remaining scrambler drive off. You see the riders of the dead bikes get up and start running for it.

Last edited:
"Err anyone speak gunshots-in-the-air? Did we scare em off with magical electrical blasts?"

"He'll if I know. Let's just get out of here and offworld." Twitch says scrambling to make his way back to the main vehicle.

"Err anyone speak gunshots-in-the-air? Did we scare em off with magical electrical blasts?"
Okon is trying to start the crawler. He looks scared and says "It's not starting ..."

There is a screen on the panel showing a series of diagnostic codes.
"He'll if I know. Let's just get out of here and offworld." Twitch says scrambling to make his way back to the main vehicle.
Bunch Bunch, Séadna Séadna
Neither of your trail bikes are starting up. They both have fault lights showing on the panel.

"Err, shit. I'm not really a mechanic so I can't do much other flash a dazzling grin here." Kal says, not loud enough for Okon and his goons to hear. "We gotta get this baby rolling before those apex buffoons realise we're sitting bait."

"Err, shit. I'm not really a mechanic so I can't do much other flash a dazzling grin here." Kal says, not loud enough for Okon and his goons to hear. "We gotta get this baby rolling before those apex buffoons realise we're sitting bait."
Roll 2D for RIG on behalf of Okon with you and Lar helping.

Clock6-0.png Repairing first crawler.

Ida, though she is a poor mechanic, makes an attempt at fixing her bike.

OOC: Assuming a RIG roll is needed I got a 5

Clock4-1.png 5 = success with reduced effect. You manage to get some of the diagnostics to shut off, but there is a module that looks like the components are fried.

You notice that although the raiders' bikes look like something out of Mad Max one or two look like they might have started out life as the same model as yours.

+1 XP (desperate roll)

Last edited:
View attachment 21315 5 = success with reduced effect. You manage to get some of the diagnostics to shut off, but there is a module that looks like the components are fried.

You notice that although the raiders' bikes look like something out of Mad Max one or two look like they might have started out life as the same model as yours.
Ida will scramble across the sand and look to extract the relevant module (or module components) from the raider bikes.

Roll 2D for RIG on behalf of Okon with you and Lar helping.

View attachment 21314 Repairing first crawler.

2d6 = 5,6

Kal heads with the others over to the engine block and looks upon the masses of wires and pipes with abject horror until a strange look passes over his face.

"Oh, this thing here actually looks a lot like the compression module on the Byprex engine I had on a bike back home. Pull out that wire there, and that one, and then swap the two." Kal says with a strange fit of inspiration, and then looks a little smug.

Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch -
2d6 = 5,6

Kal heads with the others over to the engine block and looks upon the masses of wires and pipes with abject horror until a strange look passes over his face.

"Oh, this thing here actually looks a lot like the compression module on the Byprex engine I had on a bike back home. Pull out that wire there, and that one, and then swap the two." Kal says with a strange fit of inspiration, and then looks a little smug.
Okon mutters something about reversing the polarity of the neutron flow, then looks at the components you point out to him. "Bugger me, that'll work, " he says, deftly implementing a jerry rigged repair. Several of the warning codes disappear off the status screen.

Clock6-2.png Repairing first crawler.

+1 Experience, +1 Gambit

Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch - waiting on your actions.

Last edited:
"Sorry people, I didn't know what else to do." I think I can reverse the effects pretty soon."

rig: 6,6

"Sorry people, I didn't know what else to do." I think I can reverse the effects pretty soon."

rig: 6,6
6,6 = critical success (I think the first one of the whole scenario)

You're on the second crawler, and get it online with about 10 minutes of frigging; all the diganostics go off. You also get increased effect if you go to work on one of the other crawlers. Smith Smith and Okon are working on the first crawler; the third crawler has Anvil, Wade and Fort.

Clock6-1.png Progress on third crawler.

+1 experience, +1 gambit

Last edited:
Séadna Séadna - you get a brief communication from the entity that roughly translates to:

Untranslateable - Consciousness - Pain.

Ida will scramble across the sand and look to extract the relevant module (or module components) from the raider bikes.
OOC: For some reason I thought one of the raider bikes had been downed. Instead Ida will stay put for now waiting for a bike to approach if they double back.

Twitch continues trying to make his way back to the main caravan taking pot shots at any raiders who continue pursuing.

OOC: For some reason I thought one of the raider bikes had been downed. Instead Ida will stay put for now waiting for a bike to approach if they double back.
Several of the raider bikes have been downed - three bikes and two scramblers. Last I saw you were running across towards the bikes to see if you could salvage some parts from them.

One scrambler and the two rovers have gotten away. The scrambler picked up a single passenger on the way through.

Twitch continues trying to make his way back to the main caravan taking pot shots at any raiders who continue pursuing.
You hear some shouting and see them running some distance off behind some small hillocks. If you want to take some pot shots at them, make a DESPARATE SCRAP roll with STANDARD effect.

Next turn

Séadna Séadna - You get to the bikes. The raiders have scarpered and left most of their stuff. You can bring the toolkit from your bike and strip these. Two are the same model as yours, and you could also remove the forks quite readily after undoing brake cables and so forth. Make a DESPERATE RIG roll with STANDARD effect to strip the bike quickly. You can also STUDY the bikes if you want to search them.

Smith Smith - You can continue with the attempts to repair your crawler. Okon is impressed with your mechanical aptitude.

Stan Stan - Your stroke of technical genius had your crawler fixed in amazingly quick time. You can go and help the team on Crawler 1 or Crawler 3.

Bunch Bunch - Still waiting on your roll to shoot the bandits this turn; otherwise, you can try to repair your bike or head back to the crawlers.

You get to the bikes. The raiders have scarpered and left most of their stuff. You can bring the toolkit from your bike and strip these. Two are the same model as yours, and you could also remove the forks quite readily after undoing brake cables and so forth. Make a DESPERATE RIG roll with STANDARD effect to strip the bike quickly. You can also STUDY the bikes if you want to search them.
Ida will STUDY the bikes first.

OOC: Got a 4

Steevo heads to crawler one to check it out. "Should be able to just slap a few panels and get out of here."

rig: 6,5

ooc: now I'm on a roll.

Twitch changes his mind and tries to fix the bike instead.
(D6= 6!)

Ida will STUDY the bikes first.

OOC: Got a 4
4 = Success with complication

You go through the bikes you can get to; there are some supplies left on the bikes, and you can definitely scavenge a set of forks and other spares that might get yours back up and running.

In the pannier of one of the bikes you find a map with several locations marked on it and a note: "Quota: 6". You notice that one of the locations marked is Lar and Cormoran's farm.

+1 XP (desperate)
Steevo heads to crawler one to check it out. "Should be able to just slap a few panels and get out of here."

rig: 6,5

ooc: now I'm on a roll.
This roll is with increased effect due to your crit last turn.

Clock6-5.png Progress on first crawler.

You make great progress on the first crawler. There are just a couple of minor niggles to get it started.

+1 experience (desperate roll), +1 gambit

Twitch changes his mind and tries to fix the bike instead.
(D6= 6!)
Clock4-2.png Progress on twitches bike.

You find that some of the fault is just popped overload breakers and make good progress on the bike.

+1 experience (desperate roll), +1 gambit.

Smith Smith - The crew of the third crawler are still having trouble with it; Steevo is making great strides on the first. What are you doing?

Last edited:
OOC: I am not sure what else to do other than helping direct the crew to work

Kal wanders back and forth through the engine block, pointing out the little bits here and there that he recognises to the others, occasionally glancing out at where he'd last seen the Apex boiz.

RIG + Teamwork x2 = 5,4

Kal wanders back and forth through the engine block, pointing out the little bits here and there that he recognises to the others, occasionally glancing out at where he'd last seen the Apex boiz.

RIG + Teamwork x2 = 5,4

5 = success with reduced effect.

In spite of your best efforts at helping, the boys make some progress on the third crawler.

Clock6-2.png Repairs on third crawler.

You spot a couple of the marauders behind a hillock in the distance.

"Er, guys? We got company." Kal declares over the radio. "This Crawler ain't movin' any time soon."

4 = Success with complication

You go through the bikes you can get to; there are some supplies left on the bikes, and you can definitely scavenge a set of forks and other spares that might get yours back up and running.

In the pannier of one of the bikes you find a map with several locations marked on it and a note: "Quota: 6". You notice that one of the locations marked is Lar and Cormoran's farm.

+1 XP (desperate)
Ida will take the parts she has found and race back to her bike and try and get it in some sort of working condition as fast as she can.

If that works she'll hightail it to the crawlers.

Ida will take the parts she has found and race back to her bike and try and get it in some sort of working condition as fast as she can.

If that works she'll hightail it to the crawlers.
With a bit of work you manage to remove the front forks and drive electrics. This takes a few minutes.

Séadna Séadna - You hear Kal's warning over the comms; it's a good thing these ones are rated for high radiation flux otherwise Steevo's EMP bomb would have cooked them. Looking up, you spot some movement in the dunes, disturbingly close to you.

Smith Smith - you see some more bogeys, no more than 150m or so from Ida.

Bunch Bunch - You hear Kal's warning and look up, then spot someone in the dunes.

Stan Stan - You're making good progress on the crawler you're working on, but hear Kal's warning over the comms. Now you're in a hurry, so the roll is DESPERATE.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back