Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: If we start peeling away, does it look like the punks are still giving chase?

OOC: If we start peeling away, does it look like the punks are still giving chase?
OOC: You start driving away but the punks don't look organised. As you drive away, you see one or two go to investigate their dead vehicles.

In completely unrelated news, I've just realised the game has past its first anniversary. Starting Nov 3 2019.

"Alright, there's no good way to stop them from following these big, slow vehicles. Maybe we should gun it as best as we can? Twitch, you wanna ride ahead and start the ship? It could scare off the baddies once we get close."

"Alright, there's no good way to stop them from following these big, slow vehicles. Maybe we should gun it as best as we can? Twitch, you wanna ride ahead and start the ship? It could scare off the baddies once we get close."
OOC: Stan Stan - if you're addressing one of the other players, mentioning, them (e.g. Bunch Bunch) will generate a notification.

"We got any mines or satchel charges we can leave in our wake?"

Ida will stay near the sphere for now to make sure it's okay.

"We got any mines or satchel charges we can leave in our wake?"
Bunch Bunch -
OOC: You've got a few detonators and some proximity alarms left. Stan could whip up something with a RIG roll. Not enough for a minefield by quite a considerable margin, but you might give any pursuers a nasty scare.
Ida will stay near the sphere for now to make sure it's okay.
You sense that the sphere got a nasty headache from Steevo's EMP device but it doesn't seem to be damaged.

Twitch hands over everything he has except his stick. "I'll make a run for the ship. "

OOC: The ship is quite some distance away, of the order of 1,500km.
OOC does the bike have that kind of range? And if so what speed can it reach because that seems like a loooong bike ride.

OOC does the bike have that kind of range? And if so what speed can it reach because that seems like a loooong bike ride.
OOC: It's driven off a fuel cell, so it has a pretty decent range - it might or might not. The crawlers definitely do. If you want to get to the ship the Garrs can help you with that if you get in touch with them. You've got Janek with you in the convoy who can make the arrangements. The main strike against the crawlers is that the brigands have seen them now.

Bunch Bunch

"How about we try and get something together to chuck behind us, in case these idiots keep on us?"

"Maybe you can make a sticky bomb I can throw at their vehicles if the come at us again?" Twitch suggests

ooc: the distance to the ships is about 2 orders of magnitude greater than I was thinking. we can't crawl along with a tail for that long.

"Gimme a few minutes here, I'll see what I can do."
He hates being tailed so he works quickly an intensely.
"If you can find a bit of bottle neck and mess up a bigger vehicle maybe we either get away or take out the few on this side of the wreck.

ooc, getting stress for extra roll.
Rig: 4,2,1

ooc: the distance to the ships is about 2 orders of magnitude greater than I was thinking. we can't crawl along with a tail for that long.

"Gimme a few minutes here, I'll see what I can do."
He hates being tailed so he works quickly an intensely.
"If you can find a bit of bottle neck and mess up a bigger vehicle maybe we either get away or take out the few on this side of the wreck.

ooc, getting stress for extra roll.
Rig: 4,2,1
4 = success with reduced effect.

You've managed to knock up a couple of fougasses from plastic gerry cans and some rocks. They will be a bit hit and miss but there are some areas where road theads through rocks that you can set them. You might get some casualties but you'll certainly stop them from recklessly chasing you flat out.

Séadna Séadna, Bunch Bunch, Smith Smith

With some help from Twitch you emplace them in about 15 minutes with a bit of camouflage and catch back up with the convoy riding pillion on his bike.

You continue to drive for a while and pick up a lot of tracks heading down the road ahead of you.

Ahead on the left you can see a column of smoke from about where the farm was.

"Shit, anyone got any 'nocs? I have bad feeling about that plume of smoke," Kal says, thinking of the other farmsteads.

Smith Smith
"We should probably help, but I'll find you nocs.

You alright with helping them Orson?" Ida says over comms

"Shit, anyone got any 'nocs? I have bad feeling about that plume of smoke," Kal says, thinking of the other farmsteads.
Smith Smith
"We should probably help, but I'll find you nocs.

You alright with helping them Orson?" Ida says over comms
There are some nocs in the crawlers. You take a look through the nocs. The source of the smoke is obscured by some hills but you recognise the entrance to the valley that the farm was in.
Twitch takes a moment to smoke.
That really hits the spot.

OOC: lol, my bad. I had been watching the new animaniacs shortly before and was reading about Orson Wells due to Pinky and the Brain. Should be Okon.

"Ah crap. We gotta check that out."
Steevo directs the driver in his vehicle to head that way.

OOC: Alright, let's head over to check out and maybe help the survivors

Twitch says "They seems like good people. Let's check and see if they're ok"

Smith Smith, Séadna Séadna, Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan -

OOC: My jet lag is now starting to wear off to the point that I'm more or less compus.

As you drive into the valley you see a number of tracks going both ways - in and out. Driving up to the farmstead, you can see evidence of a lot of petty destruction to items in the yard, tunnel houses and paddocks, and smoke emitting from the main shed entrance.

You can't see anybody present above ground.

MoistureFarmGround.png

Steevo will honk the horn, yell who they are, then get out of the car to look for anyone needing help before heading for the shed.

ooc: do we have fire extinguishers? If so, Steevo will make use of one.

Stan Stan, Smith Smith, Séadna Séadna, Bunch Bunch - OOC: Were up and running again.
Steevo will honk the horn, yell who they are, then get out of the car to look for anyone needing help before heading for the shed.

ooc: do we have fire extinguishers? If so, Steevo will make use of one.
OOC: There are fire extinguishers in the crawlers and some you had for the camp site at the dig.

The crawler has a disconcertingly loud air horn. However, you can't hear any replies after honking it. You jump out of the crawler with a fire extinguisher and look into the shed. The shed itself is stabilised adobe like the other above ground structures. The interior is still burning a bit, but appears mainly burned out. There is some stuff in one corner that appears to be relatively undamaged but most of the contents are burned, or at least significantly fire damaged.

The fire is mostly burned out and it doesn't take long to bring the remainder of the fire under control with the extinguisher. It doesn't look like it spread to the rest of the farm.

You can see two bodies on the floor, badly burned.

Last edited:
Twitch is pissed. He looks around for anything that might either be a weapon (guns preferably) or used as an improvised explosive device.
"These assholes need to die!"

Twitch is pissed. He looks around for anything that might either be a weapon (guns preferably) or used as an improvised explosive device.
OOC: There are a few guns on the crawlers. IIRC somebody already retconned bringing the assault blasters and handguns from the ship's armoury. If not, then it's a trivial flashback to retcon it. Okon and a couple of the others have guns as well.

Arriving next to Twitch Ida just manages to say "Agreed" clenching her fist as she stares at the corpses.

"Back soon Twitch" she says running off

Okon and a couple of the others have guns as well.
Ida runs to the crawlers to get some weapons, speaking to Okon while doing so.

"You watch the crawler, last thing we need is it being siezed while we try and get these guys. But get them we will Okon, we can't just let an attack like this go, as easy as it would be to just drive off"

She'll head back to Twitch with what she finds.

Arriving next to Twitch Ida just manages to say "Agreed" clenching her fist as she stares at the corpses.

"Back soon Twitch" she says running off

Ida runs to the crawlers to get some weapons, speaking to Okon while doing so.

"You watch the crawler, last thing we need is it being siezed while we try and get these guys. But get them we will Okon, we can't just let an attack like this go, as easy as it would be to just drive off"

She'll head back to Twitch with what she finds.
Okon and Janek climb onto the crawlers where they can keep an eye out. They both have their blaster rifles.

You pick up a couple of assault blasters and return to Twitch, handing him one.

"Alright Twitch, let's scout around a bit. Take the bikes maybe and see if we can spot them"

Smith Smith, Stan Stan -
"Alright Twitch, let's scout around a bit. Take the bikes maybe and see if we can spot them"
The shed is set partially underground with a ramp going down to the garage proper. It has the burnt remains of a truck and some farm machinery, plus some shelving on the walls. At the rear is a wide tunnel with an entrance off each side.

You hear a noise from down the tunnel.

MFGarage.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back