Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,558
Ida heads off down the tunnel, sending a comm as she goes to let the others know.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Ida heads off down the tunnel, sending a comm as she goes to let the others know.
Twitch heads off following Ida.
Smith Smith, Stan Stan -
You walk down the corridor. It comes out in a pit that's open to the sky. An awning covers about half of the pit and in one corner is an open lean-to shed with what looks like a well head and pipes leading off it. An electrical switch box is attached to one of the posts holding the lean-to roof up.

On your left is what looks like a kitchen with a tunnel leading off at an angle to its rear. Apart from the one you've just come down, there are two other tunnels leading off the pit but you can't see what's down them.

The tunnel you just came down has four chambers off the side -

The first one on the left looks like a workshop with work benches and various tools and other items on shelves.

The first one on the right looks like a storeroom. There are sacks and drums of what appear to be animal feed, fertiliser and various other supplies stored in it.

The second one on the left looks like a cellar. It looks like it mainly has empty packaging crates and other items. A small office with a comp screen and some papers is set up at the far end.

The second one on the right looks like another cellar. It seems to have sacks and crates of produce stored ready to ship. You notice several crates labelled 'Prickly Pear Wine'.

MF1.png
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Twitch looks at Ida whispering "Shall we announce ourselves?"
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Steevo will honk the horn, yell who they are, then get out of the car to look for anyone needing help before heading for the shed.

ooc: do we have fire extinguishers? If so, Steevo will make use of one.
After putting out the fire, a brief glance over the fire-damaged stuff shows some of it is not as bad as it looks on the surface. In particular, the damage to the pallet lifter and the truck looks superficial. You will need to get a couple of tyres for the truck and some new hydraulic tubing for the pallet lifter but they could likely be gotten working.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: I'll join the others on a hunt for survivors, trying to ascertain if this was the work of the raiders along the way
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,558
Twitch looks at Ida whispering "Shall we announce ourselves?"
"I'll just check this box and then yeah, let's introduce ourselves" Ida says heading over to the electrical switch box for a quick inspection to see what it might control.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Twitch looks at Ida whispering "Shall we announce ourselves?"
OOC: I'll join the others on a hunt for survivors, trying to ascertain if this was the work of the raiders along the way
You grab your blaster and follow the others into the main barn. Catching up to them, you see Ida inspecting a switch box and Twitch peering into the doors off the corridor. You come out into a large pit open to the air and about half covered with an awning.
"I'll just check this box and then yeah, let's introduce ourselves" Ida says heading over to the electrical switch box for a quick inspection to see what it might control.
The control box is a switchbox for a well pump. It has level indicators for several tanks and switches that appear to open valves to the tanks.

You call out "Hello?" and introduce yourself.

You hear a noise coming from the cellar with the cases of wine in it.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Ida, seeing no need for the switchbox, nods to Twitch.

"Let's check it out"

And off she runs.
Bunch Bunch, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -

You look about the cellar. In the cellar is Cletus, the farm hand. He's nursing a gunshot wound and is in bad condition.

OOC: You have an automed in one of the crawlers.

You also notice a passageway at the back of the cellar.

MF2.png
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
"Cletus let's get you look at. We got an automed in the crawler. " Twitch says to Cletus before looking over at the passageway and asking " Hey where's that go to?"
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Steevo runs back to the crawler to get the automed and bring it back.

He states calmly to Cletus, "Sit still and let it do it's job. Once the pain meds kick in, then you can tell us what's going on."

Steevo sets up the automed.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Steevo runs back to the crawler to get the automed and bring it back.

He states calmly to Cletus, "Sit still and let it do it's job. Once the pain meds kick in, then you can tell us what's going on."

Steevo sets up the automed.
Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch, Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith -

There's space in the office/storeroom across the corridor from the cellar. You can set the automed up in there. It's about the size of a collapsing gurney with a device that you hook up to the patient. You can lie Cletus on it like a stretcher and then wheel it across to the room, then set up the equipment.

About half an hour later, the automed beeps, and the readout on the screen shows that it's stabilised Cletus. He's sedated and not terribly coherent but he is conscious. He asks for Daise.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Kal won't barrage the poor guy with more questions but will cautiously advance towards the cellar.
OOC: Do you mean you want to look about the cellar or see what's through the door?
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Twitch just can't help his curiousity and checks out the passageway.
Smith Smith -

You see the door goes into a tunnel. The tunnel appears to be man-made - marks on the walls suggest it was cut with a sonic hammer. It has small LED lights attached to the ceiling providing some illumination. Following the tunnel down some distance you come to a fork.

MF3.png
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Shortly before the tee Twitch scratches in the wall or floor whatever is easier an arrow pointing towards the right and continues to the right.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,558
Ida follows Twitch, curious about what he'll find and also not to have him face anything alone.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Shortly before the tee Twitch scratches in the wall or floor whatever is easier an arrow pointing towards the right and continues to the right.
You come to the end of the tunnel into a small chamber with a ladder on the wall. Climbing up the ladder, you can push on a trapdoor in the roof. When you poke you can see you're in a concealed entrance in the junk pile in the middle of the yard, some distance from the main barn. The entrance seems to be hidden in a pile of old junk and you can climb out unobserved from the main complex.

OOC: You are at point 8: Pile of Junk.

MF5.png
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Twitch does not exist. He looks and listens for noise peeking out of the trap door before going down the ladder and checking out the other passageway.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Twitch does not exist. He looks and listens for noise peeking out of the trap door before going down the ladder and checking out the other passageway.
Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith -

Down the other branch the tunnel opens into a large room with stacks of trays growing mushrooms of some description. A misting system is set up for irrigation and puffs out some spray just as you enter. The compost the fungus is growing on smells quite earthy and dank.

MF6.png
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,558
Smith Smith

"Just a quick look Kal, then I'll follow Twitch"

Ida will look at the fungi being grown here and the soil. Unless something really sticks out immediately she'll run right after Twitch to the ladder.

OOC:
See additional actions below
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
"Is that another exit?" Kal points to the wall on the left of the fungi crop.
"Looks like it"

Ida will also take a peak out this door.
Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan -
You go through the door into another room with fungus growing racks in it. There are two exits. One leads back to the pit through a largely natural rock fissure. The presence of this fissure suggests that this complex may have started out life as a natural cave system. There is machinery in the tunnel out to the pit that looks like moisture condensation equipment to re-capture moisture from the air. The tunnel also has a heavy plastic curtain closing it to keep the moist air in.

The other exit goes down into a tunnel. You can see another room and some light. MF7.png
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Stan Stan, Smith Smith -

Cletus asks for Daise again. He's starting to look quite agitated.

OOC: Daise is the daughter of the couple that owned the farm. She had a thing for Cletus. You haven't seen any sign of her.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,558
Smith Smith
"Looks like this just leads back to the areas we've seen already. So little danger of being flanked. Alright then, let's catch up with Twitch" and she'll head to the ladder.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Are there any other signs of bodies/activities/what went on?
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
OOC: Are there any other signs of bodies/activities/what went on?
There are some signs of a fight - bullet holes and scorch marks from blasters on the walls. The parents are dead and you've found their bodies, and you've found Cletus wounded, but no sign of Daise.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of gratuitous damage beyond killing the family and the fire set in the garage, which seemed a bit half-arsed. It looks like they wanted to get away quickly.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Twitch does not exist. He looks and listens for noise peeking out of the trap door before going down the ladder and checking out the other passageway.
Smith Smith
"Looks like this just leads back to the areas we've seen already. So little danger of being flanked. Alright then, let's catch up with Twitch" and she'll head to the ladder.
You run into Twitch coming into the fungus growing room.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Twitch says "Screw it."

"You all can come out now! They're gone and we're here to help and get anyone who wants out of here out!" He shouts loudly and repeatedly to see if anyone is hiding and waiting for help.

"You all helped us earlier and we're here to repay the kindness!" He adds
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Twitch says "Screw it."

"You all can come out now! They're gone and we're here to help and get anyone who wants out of here out!" He shouts loudly and repeatedly to see if anyone is hiding and waiting for help.

"You all helped us earlier and we're here to repay the kindness!" He adds
Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -

There is a deafening silence after you call out. This is broken by Cletus calling out for Daise. He's starting to sound quite panicky now.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"Cletus, which way might she have gone? Did they nab her?" Kal asks, as calmly as he can.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
"Cletus, which way might she have gone? Did they nab her?" Kal asks, as calmly as he can.
Stan Stan -
Cletus is looking genuinely frightened. He says "I don't know. They shot me. I don't remember much after that."

He thinks for a few seconds, then says "Check in the caves."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Kal shrugs at the others, and presses on into the caves.
OOC: It occurs to you that you have no idea what he's talking about, unless he's referring to the ones with the fungus growing in them.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Kal loops back around, realising his conundrum. "Cletus, the caves leading into the fungal farms? Or out by the junkyard? What caves are you on about?"
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Kal loops back around, realising his conundrum. "Cletus, the caves leading into the fungal farms? Or out by the junkyard? What caves are you on about?"
He stirs a bit and says "The caves with the winery. Go into the tunnel houses, down to the south end of the first row. You may have to move the compressor out of the way to get into the caves."
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top