Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Kal motions for Ida to follow. "Might need some help moving this compressor. Also maybe you could..." he gestures in a weird motion with his hands, as if casting a spell, "y'know?"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
Ida nods and stretches out her hands to invoke the Way on the compressor.

OOC: Best roll was a 2 :weep:

She frowns a bit (OOC: assuming nothing happens) and gets back to pushing the old fashioned way with Kal.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Kal motions for Ida to follow. "Might need some help moving this compressor. Also maybe you could..." he gestures in a weird motion with his hands, as if casting a spell, "y'know?"
Ida nods and stretches out her hands to invoke the Way on the compressor.

OOC: Best roll was a 2 :weep:

She frowns a bit (OOC: assuming nothing happens) and gets back to pushing the old fashioned way with Kal.
The compressor isn't hard to move - it wheels aside, revealing an entrance that it camouflaged from casual observation. You can see a concreted section disguising the entrance, and a cave with a concrete ramp about 1.5 metres wide leading down into it.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"Can your... thingy sense people?" Kal whispers to Ida, as he peers down the ramp.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"Can your... thingy sense people?" Kal whispers to Ida, as he peers down the ramp.
OOC: If you want Séadna Séadna's attention, mention him in the post and the system will generate a notification.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
"Can your... thingy sense people?" Kal whispers to Ida, as he peers down the ramp.
Ida tosses him a wry smile.

"The 'thingy' is intimately connected to all aspects of existence, so yes it can sense people"

OOC: Oh yeah! 5 :shade:
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"Can your... thingy sense people?" Kal whispers to Ida, as he peers down the ramp.
Ida tosses him a wry smile.

"The 'thingy' is intimately connected to all aspects of existence, so yes it can sense people"

OOC: Oh yeah! 5 :shade:
You reach out with the way and don't sense anybody down there. From the light coming in through the entrance, you can see a box with some switches on the wall and vaguely make out some machinery down the ramp.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Kal tests the switches out to see if any enable lighting down there.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Kal tests the switches out to see if any enable lighting down there.
The switches turn on some LED lighting in the cave, revealing some large stainless steel vats and machinery. Stacked further back you can see racks of bottles.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Kal will stalk further into the cave, checking out the racks of bottles as he goes.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Kal will stalk further into the cave, checking out the racks of bottles as he goes.
You look into the cave. Stabilised Adobe has been filled in over a quite substantial floor area to level the floors and make the winery. However, you can see that the cave system goes much further.

It occurs to you that this might be a good place to hide the statues if needed. There is a grav lifter in the crawlers and plenty of room in the caves you see to use it to manoeuvre the statues about in their boxes.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
"Alright let's comm Okon and tell him to move the statues here. We can search around the settlement and watch out for these people overnight. Hopefully find the culprits or defend against a second attack"
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"Alright let's comm Okon and tell him to move the statues here. We can search around the settlement and watch out for these people overnight. Hopefully find the culprits or defend against a second attack"
Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan, Smith Smith -

A search of the rest of the farm confirms that Daise is nowhere to be found. There is an extensive complex underground with tunnel houses accessible from underground and paddocks with various crops and chickens, plus a few goats. Power comes from a PV array.

As before, the comms aerial was pulled down by the attackers but is relatively easy to fix, establishing satellite comms links.

In searching, you find a partially burned injector cartridge for a tranquiliser drug in the main barn
MF8.png
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,808
Twitch looks at the cartridge to see if his extensive drug use will give any further information about how much or exactly what kind it might have been with an eye on how long it might put out a person if Daise's weight.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Twitch looks at the cartridge to see if his extensive drug use will give any further information about how much or exactly what kind it might have been with an eye on how long it might put out a person if Daise's weight.
It's fire damaged but you can make out Tetrazepam on the label, which is a sedative used for a variety of applications including prisoner restraint. The dose would put an average human into a stupor for about 6-8 hours and they would be groggy for several more.

From Cletus's account, the attack happened about 3-4 hours ago, not long after they attacked your convoy.

You recall the map and notes you found on the bike when they attacked you. It had several locations - including this farm - marked on it, and amongst the notes was a terse line: Quota: 6

Janek makes an appearance and says "There are rumours of kidnappings in the deep wastes - from the farms and villages along the aquifers ... But this close to Meridani?"

He looks visibly shocked.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
Janek makes an appearance and says "There are rumours of kidnappings in the deep wastes - from the farms and villages along the aquifers ... But this close to Meridani?"

He looks visibly shocked.
Ida idly asks him "Any rumours about where they might be taking them"

She does places her hand on the syringe wondering if there might be any trace of the victim to be felt in the Way from the object. An emotional vibe, images or similar.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Ida idly asks him "Any rumours about where they might be taking them"
"There are rumours - probably true - of an underground slave trade, likely sex trafficking. Occasionally missing folks have been found with limiter implants."

He looks a bit more disturbed.

"There are also rumours of them being shipped offplanet for . . . something. Nobody knows what."
She does places her hand on the syringe wondering if there might be any trace of the victim to be felt in the Way from the object. An emotional vibe, images or similar.
You can attempt to ATTUNE to it, a CONTROLLED roll. From experience, this may or may not tell you anything much.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
"There are rumours - probably true - of an underground slave trade, likely sex trafficking. Occasionally missing folks have been found with limiter implants."

He looks a bit more disturbed.

"There are also rumours of them being shipped offplanet for . . . something. Nobody knows what."
"Hmmm...that's worse than I was hoping"

Ida will forgot about using the Way for now and ask Twitch and Kal if they want to check the access tunnels systematically and then check topside for tracks.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Steevo mutters, "Frickin' people" as he gets to fixing the aerial and reestablishing communications with the outside world.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Steevo mutters, "Frickin' people" as he gets to fixing the aerial and reestablishing communications with the outside world.
It takes you about half an hour to bash the antenna back into shape and align it to the satellite, welding the antenna mount back together. The phone, TV and data connections are back online.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"Hmmm...that's worse than I was hoping"

Ida will forgot about using the Way for now and ask Twitch and Kal if they want to check the access tunnels systematically and then check topside for tracks.
Bunch Bunch, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -

You can see clearly that some vehicles - trail bikes, scramblers and rovers by the look of them - arrived, drove around a bit and left. Some of them appear to have parked for a bit. There are signs of a firefight - some bullet holes and scorch marks from blasters in the walls of the above-ground buildings.

People appear to have de-barked from the vehicles and entered the buildings. Funnily enough, while there is some interior damage, there doesn't appear to have been much in the way of looting. Cletus says he remained conscious for a while after he was shot, managing to hide from them in the cellar. He doesn't think they spent more than 10 minutes inside before attempting to set the barn on fire and leaving.

A more systematic search takes about an hour and doesn't turn up anything of significance.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Twitch nods and heads off to check the tunnels
A more systematic search doesn't turn up anything. You notice that there has been little, if any looting. The attackers seem to have come, gotten whatever they wanted and then left.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Kal tries to calm Cletus down to get answers - who were they, where are the rest, what did they do to you, which way did they come from and which way did they leave?
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Kal tries to calm Cletus down to get answers - who were they, where are the rest, what did they do to you, which way did they come from and which way did they leave?
Cletus replies "Bandits . . . I think maybe the same lot that raided us before. "

He's still in some pain, paused and thinks for a while. "It's all kinda hazy. They came in here, shot the place up a bit."

Cletus pauses again. "I tried to go get the rifle, but they came in and shot me and the Owens. I nearly passed out - god that hurts."

Then a pained expression crosses his face. "I heard Daise screaming and then they left . . . ", then another pause, then "There was a leader shouting orders; they others all called him boss. One was called Turner and one was called Spence - at least that's what the boss called them. "

"I managed to crawl into the cellar. Don't know why they didn't search for me but they seemed in a hurry. Don't remember anything after that.."

OOC: The only way in and out of the valley is the trail you came up. It's a blind canyon.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,808
Twitch pulls the map out of his jacket's inside pocket. "Here you go." he tells Janek. "We still have another job to do as well. Whats the plan?" he asks
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Twitch pulls the map out of his jacket's inside pocket. "Here you go." he tells Janek. "We still have another job to do as well. Whats the plan?" he asks
Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -
Janek spreads out the map and hands you the notes that went with it. The top page of the notes has "Quota: 6" written on it, with a list of coordinates and some names written by the coordinates.

There are a few notes on the page, including "Delivery, 26/8"

You look at the map and see 10 locations on it. 9 of the locations correspond to coordinates on the list. The 10th looks like it's marked with a different pen.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,521
Reaction score
10,553
You look at the map and see 10 locations on it. 9 of the locations correspond to coordinates on the list. The 10th looks like it's marked with a different pen.
Ida looks for which of the points corresponds to this settlement and the location of the specially marked point, i.e. how far it is from our current location.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"So they're shipping slaves off-world? We got an idea of where to head to cause some shock and awe?" Kal says, with a dishonest smile.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
Ida looks for which of the points corresponds to this settlement and the location of the specially marked point, i.e. how far it is from our current location.
It's out in the wastes, perhaps a day or two's drive. The other locations are dotted around the regions. You can see aquifers marked on the map, and all the other dots are on the aquifers, suggesting that they are settlements or farms.
"So they're shipping slaves off-world? We got an idea of where to head to cause some shock and awe?" Kal says, with a dishonest smile.
Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan -
The odd mark looks like it might be the current location of the Apex Predator's camp, but that's not certain. It's as good a start as any, though.

Janek is looking quite concerned. He says that's pretty bad country. While their OPSEC seems pretty rubbish, you'll want to be careful with your recon. There are any number of points for an ambush in the area.

Cletus is awake and wants to see the map. If they are settlements he will know who they are.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,808
"We should get the word out to the other settlements. Let them know someone is coming. Maybe tell them to get out of dodge and all hold up in one spot." Twitch says.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"We should get the word out to the other settlements. Let them know someone is coming. Maybe tell them to get out of dodge and all hold up in one spot." Twitch says.
Cletus says he can work out who they are from the map and you can contact them on the satellite comms.

When you show him the map, he says he recognises who several are. He thinks the computer in the office has a directory on it that should have their comms addresses in it. He writes down the following names on a piece of paper, and says "These are the ones I recognise."

Damari
Wolgast
Primorsko
Qinyang

Erewhon.

He says "The last one is a village with a few farms. Try contacting Hanngai or Patrie there. Those are the only ones I know."

He also doesn't seem to think trying to contact the police will be much help "The States don't patrol out here. There's been talk of a militia but nothing organised so far."
 
Last edited:

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,808
Cletus says he can work out who they are from the map and you can contact them on the satellite comms.

When you show him the map, he says he recognises who several are. He thinks the computer in the office has a directory on it that should have their comms addresses in it. He writes down the following names on a piece of paper, and says "These are the ones I recognise."

Damari
Wolgast
Primorsko
Qinyang

Erewhon.

He says "The last one is a village with a few farms. Try contacting Hanngai or Patrie there. Those are the only ones I know."

He also doesn't seem to think trying to contact the police will be much help "The States don't patrol out here. There's been talk of a militia but nothing organised so far."
"Cletus I'll ring them up but you got to be on the phone and tell them what happened. I'm not someone they know. We got to get them to arm up, get food and figure out where to hunker down. And we have to do this fast. Can you do it?" Twitch asks.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,100
"Cletus I'll ring them up but you got to be on the phone and tell them what happened. I'm not someone they know. We got to get them to arm up, get food and figure out where to hunker down. And we have to do this fast. Can you do it?" Twitch asks.
Cletus is happy to do it. There's a comm terminal and phone extension in the office in the cellar where you've got the automed set up.

He gets hold of Dalmari and Wolgast fairly quickly. They are shocked but say they will do as he says.

Then he calls the people at Erewhon and can't raise any contact there.
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top