Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
"Where's that last place on the map? Let's see if we can figure out their direction."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
"Where's that last place on the map? Let's see if we can figure out their direction."
There's no obvious order on the map, but there's a list of coordinates. Erewhon - where Cletus can't contact the locals - is about halfway down the list. The two that he could contact are towards the end. If you plot the list you get a rough arc.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
"Warn everyone after Erewhon to get out of there. Set booby traps if you can before you go." He tells Cletus. "Can they get here without crossing the people coming their way?" He asks
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
"Warn everyone after Erewhon to get out of there. Set booby traps if you can before you go." He tells Cletus. "Can they get here without crossing the people coming their way?" He asks
Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -

Cletus looks back at you with an expression of near-panic on his face. "I can't raise anybody in Erewhon . . ."
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith, Stan Stan -

Cletus looks back at you with an expression of near-panic on his face. "I can't raise anybody in Erewhon . . ."
"Erewhon is gone. Sorry man but you got to stop worrying about what's gone and move on to who can you save. Start after Erewhon and move on. We have to save lives here." He scolds Cletus
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
"Erewhon is gone. Sorry man but you got to stop worrying about what's gone and move on to who can you save. Start after Erewhon and move on. We have to save lives here." He scolds Cletus
Séadna Séadna, Stan Stan, Smith Smith -
Cletus goes back to the list and gets hold of Primorsko. After some discussion he says "They're going to start a call tree to spread the word. I'll go back and call the Damaris and Wolgasts."

He gets onto the phone and starts calling people he knows. Then he says "We should talk to Yusif Habikino. He's the one who was trying to organise the militia. His farm isn't far from here."

He goes back to the comm and then starts talking. After a bit, he hands the comm to you and says "Habikino wants to talk with you."
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Twitch grabs the comm "Twitch here. What can I do for you?"
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
"Slavers. They grabbed people here. They hit a place called Erewhon. They're heading your way. We'd like to help you either get out of there, fight em off or whatever. All we found alive here was Cletus. Are you well fortified? Can we tell your neighbors to head to you?" Twitch responds.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
"Slavers. They grabbed people here. They hit a place called Erewhon. They're heading your way. We'd like to help you either get out of there, fight em off or whatever. All we found alive here was Cletus. Are you well fortified? Can we tell your neighbors to head to you?" Twitch responds.
Smith Smith, Séadna Séadna, Stan Stan -
Habikino pauses for a bit and then says "We've got some volunteers. Maybe we can disrupt them or scare them off if we can find them. I'll contact and muster them, and see if we can find where the raiders are. Cletus says you've got a comms tree started. Ask them to try and report sightings of the raiders as well."

He pauses for a bit and then says "Can you rendezvous at Erewhon in 6 hours?"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
He pauses for a bit and then says "Can you rendezvous at Erewhon in 6 hours?"
Ida speaks to Twitch and the others.

"No question about going, but should we leave the archaeological stuff here? Maybe leave somebody to guard it"
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
"Cletus start telling the others to report sightings". He says. Twitch takes to group aside and whispers "Dunno. You guys talk to the thing. Think it can help us or talk to someone else? I wouldn't want it to tell someone else to come get it."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Ida speaks to Twitch and the others.

"No question about going, but should we leave the archaeological stuff here? Maybe leave somebody to guard it"
Waka and Fort have no combat experience and indicate that they're happy to stay here and mind Cletus and the stuff; they both have first aid and basic field medicine training of the sort given to pretty much anybody before they work in the field.
"Cletus start telling the others to report sightings". He says. Twitch takes to group aside and whispers "Dunno. You guys talk to the thing. Think it can help us or talk to someone else? I wouldn't want it to tell someone else to come get it."
Séadna Séadna Smith Smith - ^^^
Twitch wanst to know if the sphere has any opinions on this.

Cletus starts to go back over the phone tree with instructions to report sightings to Habikino.

The crates will take about an hour to unload with the lifter, and Waka and Fort can stash them in the caves afterwards.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Ida will go converse with the sphere as best as she can. Conveying the notion of the attack and how she wants to protect others. She also asks the sphere if it can defend itself.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Ida will go converse with the sphere as best as she can. Conveying the notion of the attack and how she wants to protect others. She also asks the sphere if it can defend itself.
Its language mastery is still far from complete but you get the impression that it understands you're hiding it. It can't defend itself physically but it can do some sort of limited psychic defence using the projection (apparition). Finally it says it will keep quiet until you're back.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
"Yea, maybe we should leave the stones here. Then, we could leave the larger, slower trucks here. There's no way those things could outrun much of anything. I can stay were and set a security perimeter, if you all want. I'm better at wiring than shooting, anyway."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch, Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith -

Stan Stan - Steevo can repair the satellite aerial in a few hours and can set up a comms hub and a secure perimeter. Correia, Waka and Fort have no combat experience but Anvil suggests that either he or Okon should stay here to provide a bit of muscle in case. Okon doesn't hesitate when he says Anvil should do that.

Séadna Séadna - It would take about an hour to unload one of the crawlers, and a few hours for the folks left behind to unload the artifacts from the other crawlers and stash them away in the caverns. The sphere appears to have gone dormant somehow after it said it will keep quiet.

Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch - There's one working trail bike and you can prep a crawler to move out in an hour or so. It's got enough room for everybody. It's got a top speed of about 70 kph on road and maybe 50kph across country before it gets too bouncy, less so in really rough terrain.

Janek says that once you have comms up he'll be able to get hold of his people and arrange a rendezvous somewhere with more kit and maybe a few people. He can also put out some feelers and maybe get a line on where the buyers might be.

Habikino (see above) has arranged a rendezvous point where some of his nascent militia will be able to show up.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Twitch wants to get back out on the road but figures he's the best mechanic here. "I'll prep the crawler and see if we can do any mods to it to either beef it up or speed it up."

He'll partake in a little personal enjoyment to reward himself for not running off on the bike.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch -

From your experience with vehicles of this type, they're often speed limited in ways that can be disabled without too much effort. It may be possible to deactivate the limiter, allowing the crawler to be driven somewhat more quickly at increased risk of throwing a track or some other mechanical mishap.

You can make a RIG roll (RISKY with STANDARD effect) to try and disable the limiter, allowing the vehicle to be driven in maniac mode with increased risk of something breaking.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
RIG (5,2)= 5
Séadna Séadna, Stan Stan, Smith Smith -
5 = Success with complications

You have to finish in a hurry as it doesn't go quite right. After some frigging with the limiting circuitry you manage to disable it entirely rather than raising the limit. Now you can run the vehicle as hot as you like but you run the risk of pushing it too far and cooking or breaking something.

The people finish unloading it and Okon and Janek come up, ready to embark and go. You've got yourselves, Okon and Janek. Steevo will have the comms back up in a couple of hours so you will be able to get in touch then. After that he can set up a more secure perimeter about the farm. Anvil, Waka and Fort are continuing to unload the other artifacts from the two crawlers and move them into the caverns.

The main barn is large enough to drive the crawlers into, and within a day or two the wind will have blown the tracks away to the point that a casual observer would never know they were there.

Do you want to do anything else before you move out?
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Stan Stan - You're staying behind with Waka, Fort and Anvil. Cletus is still in the automed, high as a kite on sedatives. Waka and Fort are using the G Lifter to carry the crates with the statues into the caverns. After a bit of work you have the comms at the farm back up. You may wish to establish some perimeter surveillance or other precautions.

Séadna Séadna, Smith Smith - You pile onto the crawler with Okon and Janek and move off. With Twitch's new mods, the crawlers feel a bit peppier. Janek starts making some satellite comms calls.

Bunch Bunch - You're on the trail bike.

Now you're on the drive to the rendezvous. Do you want to do anything on the way?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Ida won't do anything spectacular on the journey, just meditate and mentally prepare.

OOC: Happy to skip to the destination.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
Steevo watches with binoculars from a high point until the statues are unloaded. He then sets up to cameras there to rotate and watch as much as they can. He advises Waka and Fort that we should also stick somewhat close together in case of shit happening so we don't wind up isolated and picked off one by one.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Twitch scouts out ahead but stays in radio contact. He's told folks behind him if the here rapid clicks there's trouble ahead.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Ida won't do anything spectacular on the journey, just meditate and mentally prepare.

OOC: Happy to skip to the destination.
Twitch scouts out ahead but stays in radio contact. He's told folks behind him if the here rapid clicks there's trouble ahead.
Smith Smith -

You arrive at the rendezvous, a small village, really it could hardly be a town, called Dahomi. It's a collection of buildings, most of which look like hand-built adobe with a handful of prefab structures. The PV panels and satellite dishes on the buildings are about the only indication that this isn't some primitive society back in the history of Terra.

On the way into town there are some pens with camels and metasaurs, and a handful of rovers and other vehicles parked around but otherwise you get the sense that you're right on the frontiers of civilisation.

As you drive into town you can see a couple of rovers parked outside an adobe building with a sign that says "Bar Joyeuse". This is the place where the rendezvous was arranged.

Steevo watches with binoculars from a high point until the statues are unloaded. He then sets up to cameras there to rotate and watch as much as they can. He advises Waka and Fort that we should also stick somewhat close together in case of shit happening so we don't wind up isolated and picked off one by one.

You set up a perimeter with some cameras and motion sensors a bit further up the valley. You note that the main barn has enough space to park one of the crawlers and possibly both if you shift the junk around.

After a bit of repair work you get the comms up and can make contact with the rest of the party.

You also note there is the remains of a case of explosives - a nitrocellulose based blasting gelatin - and some detonator caps and other paraphenalia.

With a few hours work you have a perimeter set up with a monitoring station set up in the office. You'll get at least a few minutes warning of anybody coming up the valley.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
On the way into town there are some pens with camels and metasaurs, and a handful of rovers and other vehicles parked around but otherwise you get the sense that you're right on the frontiers of civilisation.

As you drive into town you can see a couple of rovers parked outside an adobe building with a sign that says "Bar Joyeuse". This is the place where the rendezvous was arranged.
Ida will just have a stroll around Dahomi. Just sketching out convenient cover positions and so forth in case of a fire fight.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Ida will just have a stroll around Dahomi. Just sketching out convenient cover positions and so forth in case of a fire fight.

Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch -

You're next to the Bar Joyeuse, which is next to the intersection of the A112 (Tangara Highway going South) and Route Kadnikov, which goes off Westward.

looking around a bit, you see the trappings of a small frontier town. There are some local businesses with signage indicating general stores, repair shops, a livestock broker and other concerns. Bar Joyeuse is a part prefab, part handbuilt adobe structure of a single storey.

There is a little scrub and some parked vehicles, and various buildings you could get behind; Bar Joyeuse is a bit exposed, although there is a substantial vehicle park behind it. Your best line of escape would be onto Rue Joyeuse behind the bar, and through one of the compounds across the road.

Dahomi1.jpg

Stan Stan - You've got the comms and the perimeter up now.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
There is a little scrub and some parked vehicles, and various buildings you could get behind; Bar Joyeuse is a bit exposed, although there is a substantial vehicle park behind it. Your best line of escape would be onto Rue Joyeuse behind the bar, and through one of the compounds across the road.
Smith Smith , Bunch Bunch , Stan Stan

"Guys what do say we each take a bike and drive down the highways a bit.

I'll take Tangara South , Twitch takes Tangar North, and Kal takes Kadnikov? First one to spot a biggish collection of vehicles, radios and we regroup at the Bar Joyeuse to see how we'll organise this?

Steevo you mind staying here to monitor things?"
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Smith Smith , Bunch Bunch , Stan Stan

"Guys what do say we each take a bike and drive down the highways a bit.

I'll take Tangara South , Twitch takes Tangar North, and Kal takes Kadnikov? First one to spot a biggish collection of vehicles, radios and we regroup at the Bar Joyeuse to see how we'll organise this?

Steevo you mind staying here to monitor things?"
OOC: You've just come down the Tangara Highway from the North. You have one bike and one hotted up crawler, and you've been asked to meet with the militia here in Dahomi. Steevo is minding comms back at the farm.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
"I can scout south if that's what you all want. I'm always up for a drive!" Twitch says with a smile.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Stan Stan -

OOC: I havent' forgotten Steevo, just thinking of what to concoct for the farm.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC: You've just come down the Tangara Highway from the North. You have one bike and one hotted up crawler, and you've been asked to meet with the militia here in Dahomi. Steevo is minding comms back at the farm.
OOC: Sorry, I was still thinking we had extra bikes. Forgot the detail in #1,298

Smith Smith
"I can scout south if that's what you all want. I'm always up for a drive!" Twitch says with a smile.
"I think it'd be a good idea, just in case we can see them coming"

Ida will then ask Kal will he come with her into Bar Joyeuse for the meeting.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
934
Reaction score
1,242
OOC: Are we just looking out for the militia arriving? Or are we expecting trouble to hit before they get here?
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
OOC: Are we just looking out for the militia arriving? Or are we expecting trouble to hit before they get here?

You're just here to rendezvous with the militia; you haven't any reason to expect trouble. This is just a small town - little more than a village - in the middle of nowhere. You were given the name of a pub (Bar Joyeuse) to meet up at.

OOC: Sorry, I was still thinking we had extra bikes. Forgot the detail in #1,298

Smith Smith

"I think it'd be a good idea, just in case we can see them coming"

Ida will then ask Kal will he come with her into Bar Joyeuse for the meeting.

You enter Bar Joyeuse and can see some people sitting at a table who match the description you've been given. The bar itself is in a building that looks like a hand-built adobe extension on the front of a prefab. The interior is decorated with some pictures on the walls and a bit of trim but still looks fairly rustic as might be expected. There is a bar on one side of the room and doors to a kitchen, bathrooms and what looks like some hotel rooms out the back. Several tables stand in the room and around the other side wall.

Somebody who looks like the description of Habinko stands up, walks across and introduces himself as Habinko, saying "You must be Ida and Kal."

"I can scout south if that's what you all want. I'm always up for a drive!" Twitch says with a smile.

You start riding around the area. It looks like there might be some artesian water here, as there are several moisture farms in the area surrounding the town.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
934
Reaction score
1,242
Kal tries to muster a little good humour but struggles to find it, and sounds graver than usual. "Hello Habinko, I trust you are willing to try and end this punk group with a combined effort?"
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top