Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
"Well, shit. It's doubtful that the goods are with him, practically speaking, but I would imagine he's stashed them somewhere. I have no idea how ... lax the authorities are here but if the Ministry is behind this and are able to effectively handle a black market of antiquities under the planet's nose then I don't hold much hope that Lar is safe at the hospital." Stretching his legs as Kal paces around the rover, he leans on the car and speaks through the window again. "Maybe we should think about focusing on talking to him to get the info for the stash, maybe even break him out and save him ourselves if he's the one paying us. I am beginning to think that maybe getting to him is more important, or just as important, as this meeting we have. We might have to split up if we want to do both."
OOC: The ship's sick bay has two portable automeds that can handle patients with fairly serious wounds. They're MILSPEC ones designed to handle trauma cases.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
5,333
Reaction score
7,309
OOC could we take the ship to the Dumarest hotel or close? Maybe we drive me and someone else back to the ship, we fly to the hotel and someone else keep the meeting?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC could we take the ship to the Dumarest hotel or close? Maybe we drive me and someone else back to the ship, we fly to the hotel and someone else keep the meeting?
OOC: You could land the ship at Nusantara Starport, which is pretty close but might present issues getting him through port security. The ship also has a contra-gravity system and could land in a park or other open land without tearing it up but it's big enough to attract attention and there is no guarantee that you could find somewhere that would give you permission to land without raising some eyebrows. That sort of rendezvous would have to be done waaay out in the cuds to avoid attention.

As it happens, The ship has a military avionics system of a type often fitted to the cheaper end of light warships - essentially an export model. This still has a reasonably sophisticated electronic warfare capability (which can be enhanced substantially with 3rd party grey-market software mods), and you got a snap of the air-traffic control radar coverage on the way in (something you do out of habit), and noted that it is more or less non-existent out in the wastes.

However ...

If you could get him out of the hospital discreetly, the only thing you need to bring is the automed unit. The automed units are portable, weighing about 80kg each, and there is a fuel cell pack that can run them for quite a long time. There is a grav lifter unit that can be used to move them around and they will fit in the back of the rover, which has brackets for securing them.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
"You lot handle the hospital. I'll handle the meeting. Anything goes South I'll use the Way itself to get me out...though I wouldn't refuse help" she says hopefully.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
"You lot handle the hospital. I'll handle the meeting. Anything goes South I'll use the Way itself to get me out...though I wouldn't refuse help" she says hopefully.
OOC: If you did this the party could swing by the Tranquility and pick up one of the automeds.
 

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
Will says to Ida “I think it would be best if I went with you. If I’m needed at the hospital... well me being there isn’t going to make things better.”
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
"I used to drink with a friend who studied medicine, I think enough rubbed off on me that I could maybe talk our way into the hospital. Good luck, Ida. Don't do anything I wouldn't. Will'll keep ya safe." Kal grins.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
@Smith, @Séadna, @RuinZealot, @Bunch, @Stan

OK. Fast forward to the evening. Will and Ida dropped back in town and kill time discreetly until the rendezvous at Rick's; Steevo, Twitch and Kal are going to break Correia out of hospital.

OOC (Kal, Steevo, Twitch): If you're going to break Correia out you may wish to consider nicking a getaway vehicle that can't be traced to you - just sayin'. You can flashback a side trip to the Tranquility to pick up an automed or other kit; anything that can be concealed on the person or in the rover is a free flashback. It will be about midnight by the time you pick up your stuff and drive to Nusantara.

You can easily get a basic floor plan of the hospital; their on-line site has a patient guide with a map similar to this:


It won't tell you where Correia is being held but locating him is probably amenable to some basic recon or social engineering. Think about your approach and we can play it as a flashback. Describe what you're wearing and how much stuff you're carrying when you go into the Hospital. Thought for the day: Where are you going to get scrubs from?

You are now just down the road from the hospital. It's the wee small hours of the morning What do you do? What have you done to prepare?
HospitalExterior.png
Things to consider: Work out your cover, locate a getaway vehicle, find out which ward has Correia.

OOC (Ida, Will): You find somewhere to chill for a while and then make your way to the vicinity of Rick's. You're currently on a 3 and 5 LOAD respectively from your character sheets. Anything concealable at that load level (i.e. wearable or could be carried in a bag) can be done with a flashback. You can purchase stuff in town at some possible risk of getting noticed. Ida - you're wearing really distinctive mystic robes and currently look like a slightly glam version of Obi-wan Kenobi.

You are now standing a block down from Rick's, observing its entrance. It's about half an hour before you are due to meet.

RicksNeighbourhood.png
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
OOC: Quick check. Mystics in the Tannhauser setting, are they Empire-era Jedi rare/wanted/stand out, Republic Jedi rare (i.e. the're simply rare to see but not hated etc) or just uncommon like "Oh a Way user"
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: Quick check. Mystics in the Tannhauser setting, are they Empire-era Jedi rare/wanted/stand out, Republic Jedi rare (i.e. the're simply rare to see but not hated etc) or just uncommon like "Oh a Way user"
Uncommon but not normally wanted by any particular factions (i.e. there are no entities overtly trying to regulate, control or exterminate mystics). Some law enforcement/spook agencies or other parties maintain way-aware operatives. There are religious orders based on the Way that have a greater or lesser amount of political clout. Some folks simply regard the way as charlatanism, giving rise to the rather derogatory moniker 'Spoon Benders'.

Nobody is going to go out of their way to persecute you but the religious robes you're wearing are distinctive.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
"So, what do you say we head in, see what they have, order and wait for our new friends. One of the back booths away from the band like they asked."
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
"So, what do you say we head in, see what they have, order and wait for our new friends. One of the back booths away from the band like they asked."
You enter the bar. There is a bad playing on a small stage and the bar is moderately full of patrons. There are several booths around the edge of the bar; Most of the booths are dimly lit with a small lamp shining on the tables. You can see an empty booth opposite the stage. The patrons are mostly human with a handful of Aferas, Morlocks and Garps.

Ida makes her way to the booth; @RuinZealot - What is Will doing?

Ricks Jizz Bar.jpg
At some point I'll get around to rolling my own. In the meantime ...
 
Last edited:

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
You enter the bar. There is a bad playing on a small stage and the bar is moderately full of patrons. There are several booths around the edge of the bar; Most of the booths are dimly lit with a small lamp shining on the tables. You can see an empty booth opposite the stage. The patrons are mostly human with a handful of Aferas, Morlocks and Garps.

Ida makes her way to the booth; @RuinZealot - What is Will doing?

View attachment 13782
At some point I'll get around to rolling my own. In the meantime ...
Will keeps his wits about him and scans the room looking for people who look too serious for the room. Things around them have been too interesting lately for Will to let his guard down.

Roll Study to see if this is a set up or how serious the situation is: 1

OOC: Barring direct consequences, I continue to the booth.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Will keeps his wits about him and scans the room looking for people who look too serious for the room. Things around them have been too interesting lately for Will to let his guard down.

Roll Study to see if this is a set up or how serious the situation is: 1

OOC: Barring direct consequences, I continue to the booth.
@RuinZealot - You don't notice anything out of the ordinary; patrons milling around obscure your view so you can't continue to look without being obtrusive; you nearly bump somebody's drink.

@Séadna - You pick a booth on the opposite side to the band, which is playing a familiar classic hit: Mad About Me. The song is a popular earworm, familiar to the point of being not-quite-detestable.

After a few minutes a gentleman sits down opposite you in the booth, and asks "Mind if I sit here?".

He examines you for a few seconds and then introduces himself with "My name is Anvil. I understand you're looking for Okon Derryl. He's gotten awfully popular with some unsavoury folks all of a sudden and - and we look out for each other in these parts. Mind explainin' who you are and what you want with him?"
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
Ida will start off brief so she can judge Anvil's reactions as she goes.

"We know his friend, Correia. Mr Derryl okay?"
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Ida will start off brief so she can judge Anvil's reactions as she goes.

"We know his friend, Correia. Mr Derryl okay?"
Anvil looks at you, squints a bit and appears to come to a conclusion.

"Mr. Derryl is fine, but it's right odd that you should turn up just when Hubba gets such a hard on for Lar and Okon. What do you have to do this and why is Hubba after Lar and Okon all of a sudden. He's had his goons looking all over for them, and none too subtle - even for Hubba."

He looks at you again.

"Okon would like to talk to you."
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
495
Reaction score
729
@RuinZealot, @Bunch, @Stan

OOC (Kal, Steevo, Twitch): If you're going to break Correia out you may wish to consider nicking a getaway vehicle that can't be traced to you - just sayin'. You can flashback a side trip to the Tranquility to pick up an automed or other kit; anything that can be concealed on the person or in the rover is a free flashback. It will be about midnight by the time you pick up your stuff and drive to Nusantara.
Things to consider: Work out your cover, locate a getaway vehicle, find out which ward has Correia.


Steevo had collected his blazer that makes him look vaguely like a government drone but without any specific markings. He pulls along the automed while scanning a parking lot for a large store.

"Gunshot victims are probably all in the same area. I figure we can stroll around to find that, then go in and say we're transferring him. One of ya can try to look nice, the other can stay outta sight in case we have to use harder persuasion. But first, can one of you pick a car that looks nondescript and common and keep an eye out while I make it friendly.

ooc: only short bits of time this weekend. I'll look at equipment more soon. I'm hoping for teamwork or soemthing to give me a boot for hacking or rigging to get the car. I'm hoping for good roll so we don't start in trouble.
 

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
@RuinZealot, @Bunch, @Stan

OOC (Kal, Steevo, Twitch): If you're going to break Correia out you may wish to consider nicking a getaway vehicle that can't be traced to you - just sayin'. You can flashback a side trip to the Tranquility to pick up an automed or other kit; anything that can be concealed on the person or in the rover is a free flashback. It will be about midnight by the time you pick up your stuff and drive to Nusantara.
Things to consider: Work out your cover, locate a getaway vehicle, find out which ward has Correia.


Steevo had collected his blazer that makes him look vaguely like a government drone but without any specific markings. He pulls along the automed while scanning a parking lot for a large store.

"Gunshot victims are probably all in the same area. I figure we can stroll around to find that, then go in and say we're transferring him. One of ya can try to look nice, the other can stay outta sight in case we have to use harder persuasion. But first, can one of you pick a car that looks nondescript and common and keep an eye out while I make it friendly.

ooc: only short bits of time this weekend. I'll look at equipment more soon. I'm hoping for teamwork or soemthing to give me a boot for hacking or rigging to get the car. I'm hoping for good roll so we don't start in trouble.
I think I’m not able to flashback into the situation since I’m somewhere else. I’m sitting with Ida at her meeting. (I’m playing Will)
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
I think I’m not able to flashback into the situation since I’m somewhere else. I’m sitting with Ida at her meeting. (I’m playing Will)
OOC: The meeting is taking place a few hours before the breakout so you can talk on a comm if needed.
[ . . . ]
Steevo had collected his blazer that makes him look vaguely like a government drone but without any specific markings. He pulls along the automed while scanning a parking lot for a large store.
You manage to affect a look of some minor official without too much fuss.
[ . . . ]
ooc: only short bits of time this weekend. I'll look at equipment more soon. I'm hoping for teamwork or soemthing to give me a boot for hacking or rigging to get the car. I'm hoping for good roll so we don't start in trouble.
OOC: Decide your loadout (i.e. light, medium, heavy). Currently you are light (3) . If you're taking the automed inside you can hide a few items inside it (there is a built-in storage bay that could conceal a small toolkit, for example) so you can fit an additional 2 LOAD at no cost.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
Anvil looks at you, squints a bit and appears to come to a conclusion.

"Mr. Derryl is fine, but it's right odd that you should turn up just when Hubba gets such a hard on for Lar and Okon. What do you have to do this and why is Hubba after Lar and Okon all of a sudden. He's had his goons looking all over for them, and none too subtle - even for Hubba."

He looks at you again.

"Okon would like to talk to you."
Ida remains silent about the first bit, reluctant to say anything unless forced.

"We would like to meet him as well. Where was he thinking?"
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Ida remains silent about the first bit, reluctant to say anything unless forced.

"We would like to meet him as well. Where was he thinking?"
Clock6-3.png Made by Hubba's goons.

Fortune Roll (for Hubba's informants): 4 (partial success). Somebody on his payroll has seen you but Will didn't spot him (due to the crap roll earlier). Hubba's goons got a call . . .

"We'll arrange a meeting tomorrow morning. There is a service stop on the A19 about 20km south of town. Come to there around 9."

Anvil looks around and says.

"You need to be discreet. Word is that Hubba's goons have been looking for you after this morning."

Then he gets up and leaves.

About 20 minutes later the Morlock and Human thug that you saw in the market enter the bar. They begin looking around. Some of the patrons look at them in disgust; most try to avoid their attention.

OOC: Note you can flashback to leave the bar early for 1 STRESS. Alternatively, Han shot first. Just sayin'
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
495
Reaction score
729
I think I’m not able to flashback into the situation since I’m somewhere else. I’m sitting with Ida at her meeting. (I’m playing Will)
Sorry, that's what happens when I grab someone else's headers and edit them.

ooc: planning on medium loadout but not sure what yet. Someone else might want to put a larger weapon inside the automed top lower their load and hide the gun.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Sorry, that's what happens when I grab someone else's headers and edit them.

ooc: planning on medium loadout but not sure what yet. Someone else might want to put a larger weapon inside the automed top lower their load and hide the gun.
OOC: The point of the flashback system is that you don't need to decide up front. The way the heist mechanic works is that the objective has some obstacles. In the case of the hospital it's reception, locating Correia, police guard etc. You tackle each obstacle with some role playing, possibly flashing back to some sort of prep you did earlier.

There are two assault blasters (about the size of the E-11s carried by storm troopers in Star Wars) in the ship's armoury. They have folding stocks so they could be concealed in the automed.. Will has whatever of his personal arsenal with him in Acheron.

You don't have to decide what you're carrying up front but you do have to decide how much LOAD you have with you. The LOAD affects how likely folks are to get suspicious. You can carry 3 LOAD as a normal bod in the street, 5 looking like you're carrying, 7 looking like a fully kitted out trooper. In the case of the automed, it lets you carry an extra 2 LOAD in compartments.

You begin the heist with an engagement roll. This tells you how well you get into it. As this op includes reconnaissance as well as the breakout, the first obstacle is to get the lay of the land.

In this case, You get 1d for the basic roll, +1d for the brass balls of snatching Correia from a police guard and +1d for engaging in the wee small hours of the morning. Roll a 3D fortune roll to see how well your initial engagement goes and may give get you in if it rolls well.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
OOC: Apologies for lack of replying, hoped to get some time over the weekend to catch up but things slipped by - Stan is making a fortune roll to see how far we get into the Hospital?
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
495
Reaction score
729
OOC: Apologies for lack of replying, hoped to get some time over the weekend to catch up but things slipped by - Stan is making a fortune roll to see how far we get into the Hospital?
Oh yea, I missed that part.
3d6: 4,4,4 ??? I'm using a different die next time.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: Apologies for lack of replying, hoped to get some time over the weekend to catch up but things slipped by - Stan is making a fortune roll to see how far we get into the Hospital?
Yes. It's a standard engagement roll that tells how well your approach to your objective went.
Oh yea, I missed that part.
3d6: 4,4,4 ??? I'm using a different die next time.
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

Clock6-1.png Hospital staff get suspicious.

4 = Mixed Result. You case the exterior of the hospital. It is on a slope and to the north the basement level is open. Youfind an A&E department, a main reception and entrance, and a side entrance on the ground floor, and a loading bay to the north of the building on the basement level. There is a van parked near the loading bay and another in the bay. The parked van has generic markings of the Irulan State Health Service and the markings on the van say IRSB laundry.

In the loading bay you can see a cage trolley full of bundles of clean laundry - mostly bedding but you can see some scrubs. There are a couple of people chatting in the loading bay, holding cups of coffee. One is puffing on a vaporator.

On the ground floor the reception appears to be unstaffed and the side entrance is unattended. There are some patients waiting in the waiting area of the A&E department and an ambulance pulled up outside.

As a result of the engagement, attempts to infiltrate will be RISKY with STANDARD effect. You can attempt to sneak in through one of the entrances, hot wire the van (which is parked out of sight of the loading bay) or take some other course of action.

HospitalExterior.png
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,322
About 20 minutes later the Morlock and Human thug that you saw in the market enter the bar. They begin looking around. Some of the patrons look at them in disgust; most try to avoid their attention.

OOC: Note you can flashback to leave the bar early for 1 STRESS. Alternatively, Han shot first. Just sayin'
OOC: I'll remain in the bar.

Ida watches the two new guests as they enter, but then ignores them and calls a waiter to get a coffee. After drinking it and making idle chat with Will, she'll then leave.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
Yes. It's a standard
engagement roll that tells how well your approach to your objective went.

@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

View attachment 13864 Hospital staff get suspicious.

4 = Mixed Result. You case the exterior of the hospital. It is on a slope and to the north the basement level is open. Youfind an A&E department, a main reception and entrance, and a side entrance on the ground floor, and a loading bay to the north of the building on the basement level. There is a van parked near the loading bay and another in the bay. The parked van has generic markings of the Irulan State Health Service and the markings on the van say IRSB laundry.

In the loading bay you can see a cage trolley full of bundles of clean laundry - mostly bedding but you can see some scrubs. There are a couple of people chatting in the loading bay, holding cups of coffee. One is puffing on a vaporator.

On the ground floor the reception appears to be unstaffed and the side entrance is unattended. There are some patients waiting in the waiting area of the A&E department and an ambulance pulled up outside.

As a result of the engagement, attempts to infiltrate will be RISKY with STANDARD effect. You can attempt to sneak in through one of the entrances, hot wire the van (which is parked out of sight of the loading bay) or take some other course of action.

View attachment 13865
OOC: How viable would it be to grab some scrubs, change out of sight, and confidently stride in?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: I'll remain in the bar.

Ida watches the two new guests as they enter, but then ignores them and calls a waiter to get a coffee. After drinking it and making idle chat with Will, she'll then leave.
Clock6-4.png Made by Hubba's goons

The two goons work the floor. You can tell they're being discreet (badly) but searching the room with a purpose. Make a SKULK roll to avoid notice; this is a DESPERATE roll with LIMITED effect.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Hospital Shenanigans
OOC: Certainly possible. Mechanically, you have a Mixed Result indicating a RISKY endeavour to get in - maybe with some sort of distraction you could sneak into the loading bay and nick a few sets of scrubs from the laundry van.
 
Last edited:

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
View attachment 13870 Made by Hubba's goons

The two goons work the floor. You can tell they're being discreet (badly) but searching the room with a purpose. Make a SKULK roll to avoid notice; this is a DESPERATE roll with LIMITED effect.
OOC: Would it makes sense to do a group action here, since we both need to sneak out?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: Would it makes sense to do a group action here, since we both need to sneak out?
@RuinZealot, @Séadna - Come up with a gambit - maybe some sort of distraction (what might you be able to flashback?) - and you could do a group action to coordinate a getaway. P.S. Take a look at the map.

Ricks Jizz Bar2.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
5,333
Reaction score
7,309
OOC: Certainly possible. Mechanically, you have a Mixed Result indicating a RISKY endeavour to get in - maybe with some sort of distraction you could sneak into the loading bay and nick a few sets of scrubs from the laundry van.
"I have some experience ending up in an emergency room. Want me to give it a whirl to distract?" Twitch asks.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
"I have some experience ending up in an emergency room. Want me to give it a whirl to distract?" Twitch asks.
@Bunch, @Stan, @Smith - There's your distraction. Twitch shows up the loading bay tweaking really badly and acting like he thinks it's A&E - and then fakes a seizure. Kal sneaks into the loading bay and nicks a bale of scrubs. Steevo - there is another van parked out of sight of the loading bay. Break into this, find something in the car park or infiltrate into the building with Kal?
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
495
Reaction score
729
@Bunch, @Stan, @Smith - There's your distraction. Steevo - there is another van parked out of sight of the loading bay. Break into this, find something in the car park or infiltrate into the building with Kal?

"Hey guys, this van looks awfully handy, I'll just get it ready for our rapid departure. Take the automed and grab the guy"

ooc: Rig, this is important so Steevo pictures design layouts to get psyched. (stress for an extra die).
roll: 1,2,1 I'm not too sure about this new die.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
ooc: Rig, this is important so Steevo pictures design layouts to get psyched. (stress for an extra die).
roll: 1,2,1 I'm not too sure about this new die.
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

Clock6-3.png Hospital staff get suspicious

@Stan - Oh dear. You're frigging about the door of the van and slip banging your head audibly. You can hear some WTF type comments from the loading bay.

You can make a DESPERATE roll (SWAY or SKULK) to sneak or bluff your way out.

@Twitch - you can add teamwork by staggering in with your distraction.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368

@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

View attachment 13872 Hospital staff get suspicious

@Stan - Oh dear. You're frigging about the door of the van and slip banging your head audibly. You can hear some WTF type comments from the loading bay.

You can make a DESPERATE roll (SWAY or SKULK) to sneak or bluff your way out.

@Twitch - you can add teamwork by staggering in with your distraction.
Dressed in scrubs, Kal fights the urge to wince as he hears the sound of skull hitting metal. He strolls past the medical staff and tries to grab a keycard while they are looking the other way to get himself inside the building.

OOC: SKULK? Not sure if it's more likely to swipe a keycard or try and convince desk security I lost mine with SWAY
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
@Smith, @Séadna, @Bunch, @RuinZealot, @Stan -

I'm off to a D&D game tonight but I'll check back in about 11pm UTC.

Secondly, I'm off on holiday in Indonesia and fly out on the 7th. This will take me out on the 7th and 8th at least, and I'll be at UTC+7 through to the 5th of January. Probably will be jet lagged around the beginning of the week of the 6th so may not be terribly coherent for a few days after I get back.

We are supposed to have an internet connection in Indonesia, so I'll be able to play during that period. Time zones for America should be OK - I can check in the morning, which will be your evening. For Ireland it's a bit awkward - your evening is the wee small hours of the morning here. I should be able to check in the morning in Indonesia so with a bit of luck if you write up actions in the evening you can get a response the following morning.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Dressed in scrubs, Kal fights the urge to wince as he hears the sound of skull hitting metal. He strolls past the medical staff and tries to grab a keycard while they are looking the other way to get himself inside the building.

OOC: SKULK? Not sure if it's more likely to swipe a keycard or try and convince desk security I lost mine with SWAY
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

Getting slightly ahead of ourselves.

@Stan rolled to hot wire the car and screwed that up badly; we haven't gotten in yet. Per the above, can @Smith make a RISKY SKULK roll with STANDARD effect to nick the scrubs, with +1D teamwork assistance from Twitch pretending to seize in the loading bay. Rolling sufficiently well may also distract the folks in the loading bay from Steevo and let him take another whack at hotwiring the van.

After that, there are ways to get in - Twitch might attempt to get taken to A&E, then sneak off (for example); Kal might then bluff his way in with SWAY or nick somebody's keycard.

@Bunch - you can take a DEVILS BARGAIN for an additional +1d on Kal's sneaking attempt, and actually shoot up something (do this as a free flashback if you don't see this posting now). This will help you get into A&E unsuspected but you will be tweaking for real in the op. This would take the form of a level 1 harm - STONED.
FLASHBACK - "I got a little gift from a buddy of mine I've been saving for a special day. " He gets out his works. "Just don't forget to come get me later." Twitch says before shooting up. He finishes and wanders off to the ER in whatever condition he ends up in.
@Smith - Kal, can you make a SKULK roll to make use of Twitch's distraction and steal some scrubs. You've got +1D for skill, +2D for Twitch's assistance; you can push if need be.
 
Last edited:

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
5,333
Reaction score
7,309
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch -

Getting slightly ahead of ourselves.

@Stan rolled to hot wire the car and screwed that up badly; we haven't gotten in yet. Per the above, can @Smith make a RISKY SKULK roll with STANDARD effect to nick the scrubs, with +1D teamwork assistance from Twitch pretending to seize in the loading bay. Rolling sufficiently well may also distract the folks in the loading bay from Steevo and let him take another whack at hotwiring the van.

After that, there are ways to get in - Twitch might attempt to get taken to A&E, then sneak off (for example); Kal might then bluff his way in with SWAY or nick somebody's keycard.

@Bunch - you can take a DEVILS BARGAIN for an additional +1d on Kal's sneaking attempt, and actually shoot up something (do this as a free flashback if you don't see this posting now). This will help you get into A&E unsuspected but you will be tweaking for real in the op. This would take the form of a level 1 harm - STONED.
FLASHBACK - "I got a little gift from a buddy of mine I've been saving for a special day. " He gets out his works. "Just don't forget to come get me later." Twitch says before shooting up. He finishes and wanders off to the ER in whatever condition he ends up in.
 
Top