Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
FLASHBACK - "I got a little gift from a buddy of mine I've been saving for a special day. " He gets out his works. "Just don't forget to come get me later." Twitch says before shooting up. He finishes and wanders off to the ER in whatever condition he ends up in.
Twitch staggers into the loading bay mumbling obscenities and tweaking like he's got Parkinsons. He walks up the steps and staggers into the bay towards the doors that lead into the hospital. The two orderlies notice him and start chasing after him as he staggers in and collapses in the corridor.

@Smith - The orderlies are now intent on Twitch; Kal can attempt to lift some scrubs from the van. Can you make a SKULK roll to make use of Twitch's distraction and steal some scrubs. You've got +1D for skill, +2D for Twitch's assistance; you can push if need be.

@Stan - Twitch's distraction gives you a chance to get out of there. Make a DESPERATE SKULK roll for STANDARD effect to get out unnoticed. You could sneak back out of the carpark, losing the opportunity or take a DEVIL'S BARGAIN to sneak down by the building (potentially spotted by security cameras) make another try for the van later. Taking the devil's bargain will tick a segment on the 'Hospital Staff Get Suspicious' clock.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
OOC: @RuinZealot , what do you say to a flashback to us convincing a member of staff to cut the power when we give a signal? Or perhaps you hacked/messed with the power system to rig it up to some trigger switch?
 

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
OOC: @RuinZealot , what do you say to a flashback to us convincing a member of staff to cut the power when we give a signal? Or perhaps you hacked/messed with the power system to rig it up to some trigger switch?
OOC: @Séadna I like the first option. That’s way better than what I had in mind.
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
729
@Stan - Twitch's distraction gives you a chance to get out of there. Make a DESPERATE SKULK roll for STANDARD effect to get out unnoticed. You could sneak back out of the carpark, losing the opportunity or take a DEVIL'S BARGAIN to sneak down by the building (potentially spotted by security cameras) make another try for the van later. Taking the devil's bargain will tick a segment on the 'Hospital Staff Get Suspicious' clock.
Steevo's instinct is to stay with the group so he tries to act like he's lost and confused, which isn't far from the truth. He mumbles something about realizing that's not his van and he must be in the wrong place in case anyone is in earshot. He comes back into the hospital to make sure Twitch is ok. Steevo doesn't really approve of all the drugs Twitch does as they're just a tool created by the man to keep you in your place. But we all wind up in cages partially of our own creation so whatareyagonnado? This all goes through his mind as he tries to make a loop through the hospital to check on the other then head back to the van parked on the treacherous flooring.

ooc: take devil's bargain to gain die on Skulk.
roll: 1, 6
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
Eyes wide, Kal watches with slight horror as Twitch shoots up and causes a ruckus. Kal mutters "That's kind of the easy job, here..." and proceeds to move low and fast towards the scrubs.

SKULK + 2D = 3, 4, 2, 1
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: @RuinZealot , what do you say to a flashback to us convincing a member of staff to cut the power when we give a signal? Or perhaps you hacked/messed with the power system to rig it up to some trigger switch?
OOC: @Séadna I like the first option. That’s way better than what I had in mind.
@Séadna, @RuinZealot - Earlier you slipped the bartender 100 credits to shut off the power on your signal, and he does just that as the goons are searching the other side of the bar. You take the moment of confusion to dash out the front of the building.

Make a SKULK roll to get out of the building without getting made by the goons. This is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect.

RicksJizzBar2.png

Steevo's instinct is to stay with the group so he tries to act like he's lost and confused, which isn't far from the truth. He mumbles something about realizing that's not his van and he must be in the wrong place in case anyone is in earshot. He comes back into the hospital to make sure Twitch is ok. Steevo doesn't really approve of all the drugs Twitch does as they're just a tool created by the man to keep you in your place. But we all wind up in cages partially of our own creation so whatareyagonnado? This all goes through his mind as he tries to make a loop through the hospital to check on the other then head back to the van parked on the treacherous flooring.

ooc: take devil's bargain to gain die on Skulk.
roll: 1, 6
@Stan, @Bunch - 6 = Success. One of the orderlies asks Steevo if Twitch is with him, and asks for help getting him around to A&E. They take you through the middle of the building right through into A&E. As you go by, you notice a map indicating that the operating suite and post-op ICU are on the first level sub-basement.

The orderlies take you and Twitch to A&E, and then he is put on a gurney. A doctor turns up and does a quick triage, satisfying himself that Twitch isn't dying, then goes off, drawing a curtain around the bed. He tells Steevo to buzz the nurses if anything looks untoward.

There are several other patients and various A&E staff in the emergency department.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Eyes wide, Kal watches with slight horror as Twitch shoots up and causes a ruckus. Kal mutters "That's kind of the easy job, here..." and proceeds to move low and fast towards the scrubs.

SKULK + 2D = 3, 4, 2, 1
4 = Partial Success @Smith - You manage to steal some scrubs easily from the van and put them on. You saw the orderlies walk off with Twitch and Steevo to A&E. It takes moments while they are frigging around with Twitch to put on a set of scrubs; You can make a RISKY SWAY roll with STANDARD effect to tailgate them into the A&E triage room.

@Bunch, @Stan - you see Kal wearing some scrubs and following the orderlies through the doors into A&E. You can apply teamwork for +1D to distract the orderlies.
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
729
Steevo says to Twitch, " You may or may not feel a sting."
Steevo pulls some wires out of his pocket. He sticks one into Twitch's upper chest where the skin shows. Then he lays two more beside it, going under the shirt but not going into the skin or doing anything in particular.

As Kal goes through, Steevo yells out, "Docs, I think he pulled his wires out! I don't even know what they do. Ohmygod! Is he going to die? Is he going to kill us all?!?"

ooc: Steevo is hoping to distract people enough that they don't see Kal going through and give him a teamwork die.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
5,333
Reaction score
7,309
Apparently the stuff Twitch was given had a bigger kick than he thought. He hears what Steevo is yelling "Oh God! Oh God! The wires are out! What the hell is happening to me. The spoon is going to kill me and the frogs are everywhere!"
Twitch is tripping balls.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
OOC: I can't seem to get that dice rolling sight working, by all means GM roll for me - I have 2d6 for SWAY + 1D from Teamwork
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: I can't seem to get that dice rolling sight working, by all means GM roll for me - I have 2d6 for SWAY + 1D from Teamwork
OOC: You can roll your own dice but I've got this one for the moment.
Steevo says to Twitch, " You may or may not feel a sting."
Steevo pulls some wires out of his pocket. He sticks one into Twitch's upper chest where the skin shows. Then he lays two more beside it, going under the shirt but not going into the skin or doing anything in particular.

As Kal goes through, Steevo yells out, "Docs, I think he pulled his wires out! I don't even know what they do. Ohmygod! Is he going to die? Is he going to kill us all?!?"

ooc: Steevo is hoping to distract people enough that they don't see Kal going through and give him a teamwork die.
Apparently the stuff Twitch was given had a bigger kick than he thought. He hears what Steevo is yelling "Oh God! Oh God! The wires are out! What the hell is happening to me. The spoon is going to kill me and the frogs are everywhere!"
Twitch is tripping balls.
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch
Clock6-2.png Hospital staff get suspicious (down by two)

6, 1, 6 = Critical Success. +1 GAMBIT. Not only does Kal sneak in behind the consternated interns unnoticed but he manages to lift one of their keycards while he's at it. He ducks into an empty cubicle and draws the curtain.

The interns pick at the cable and can't find where it goes. Twitch carries on rambling and mutters something about Forerunners and starts rambling about conspiracies and how the Dobachan Robot was really a forerunner artefact. One of the interns wants to get him a sedative but the other says the doctors don't know what he's on so they can't give him anything. He'll just have to go cold turkey the old fashioned way.

Once Twitch appears to calm down they confer briefly with each other and then leave with one saying "Well, he's A&E's problem now."

OOC: Your next roll is CONTROLLED.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
OOC: Sorry the net has been bonkers here, finally stable again. Skulk roll is here, highest value was 5
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: Sorry the net has been bonkers here, finally stable again. Skulk roll is here, highest value was 5
@Séadna @RuinZealot -
RicksLocale1.png

5 = Success but position is now DESPERATE. You manage to get out without being seen and can run away down the road. You get to Rue Nicholls but hear the thugs cursing as they get out of the door. They haven't seen you but must be able to hear your footsteps, as you hear a shout of 'That Way!' in Anglic, but obviously spoken by a morlock.

You remember an alley in the block about 30m down Rue Nicholls (see map above).

Make a DESPERATE PROWESS roll with STANDARD effect to evade the pursuit. You're seriously at risk of getting made by the goons.
 
Last edited:

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
@Séadna @RuinZealot -
View attachment 13915

5 = Success but position is now DESPERATE. You manage to get out without being seen and can run away down the road. You get to Rue Nicholls but hear the thugs cursing as they get out of the door. They haven't seen you but must be able to hear your footsteps, as you hear a shout of 'That Way!' in Anglic, but obviously spoken by a morlock.

You remember an alley in the block about 30m down Rue Nicholls (see map above).

Make a DESPERATE PROWESS roll with STANDARD effect to evade the pursuit. You're seriously at risk of getting made by the goons.
OOC: What would a devil’s bargain look like?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: What would a devil’s bargain look like?
OOC: You could open fire on the goons. If you shot at them you would get into combat, which might take out the goons at the expense of bringing HEAT down on the party and/or annoying Hubba's faction. If you fired suppressive fire to force them to take cover you might still bring down HEAT or tick the clock to get onto the police's radar but it would force them back and give you an extra die to escape.
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
729
@Stan, @Smith, @Bunch
Steevo keeps an eye on Twitch and listens to whether Kal needs help. Otherwise, he'll sit tight.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
5,333
Reaction score
7,309
Twitch continues to trip balls. Luckily he's currently conversing with green about how nice blue has been to him and B sharp.
 

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
OOC: You could open fire on the goons. If you shot at them you would get into combat, which might take out the goons at the expense of bringing HEAT down on the party and/or annoying Hubba's faction. If you fired suppressive fire to force them to take cover you might still bring down HEAT or tick the clock to get onto the police's radar but it would force them back and give you an extra die to escape.
OOC: I’ll pass on going full aggro. I’ll push myself for the one die.
I try to disappear into a small shadowed alcove. Wait a minute and go back the way I came and take the long route out of the area.
Roll Skulk (1 die from Push): 6
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
Ida, noticing Will ducking into cover, will try to use her agility to move as fast as she can and scale the nearest fence/wall to evade their pursuers.

Scramble roll: here
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: I’ll pass on going full aggro. I’ll push myself for the one die.
I try to disappear into a small shadowed alcove. Wait a minute and go back the way I came and take the long route out of the area.
Roll Skulk (1 die from Push): 6
@RuinZealot - +1 STRESS, +1 XP (DESPERATE roll)

6 = Success. You hide in a doorway and see the thugs run past. There is one human and one morlock, the same ones you saw at the market. You can see the thugs searching around. They've lost you but they're searching the area and moving away from you.

You could take a DEVIL'S BARGAIN and abandon Ida to increase the effect of the roll to sneak away behind them automatically, or you could watch them discreetly from your vantage point.

Ida, noticing Will ducking into cover, will try to use her agility to move as fast as she can and scale the nearest fence/wall to evade their pursuers.

Scramble roll: here
@Séadna - +1 XP (DESPERATE roll)

6 = Success. In a display of acrobatic prowess that would leave folks wondering where the wire team was had they seen it, Ida ducks into the alley and climbs up to a rooftop overlooking the alley. Below you can see the thugs looking for you; one is saying "They gotta be around here somewhere. I don't hear no footsteps no more."

The morlock says something in what you recognise to be Traklish but you're not sure what it is.

You're standing on the roof of a building; you can see a skylight in the roof behind you.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
Kal exits from behind the curtain looking like any other intern on the floor. He tries to find a board somewhere detailing who is on shift, and on which floor, in an attempt to quickly grab names of some of the more senior doctors who are active.

Then he will try to use the pass or an unattended terminal to search the database for Correia
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Kal exits from behind the curtain looking like any other intern on the floor. He tries to find a board somewhere detailing who is on shift, and on which floor, in an attempt to quickly grab names of some of the more senior doctors who are active.

Then he will try to use the pass or an unattended terminal to search the database for Correia
@Smith, @Stan - There is a board with the staff roster on it. The duty doctors are Pearce, Mengele and Kildare. You can find a terminal easily enough but feel that this is probably stretching your skills with getting into computers you're not supposed to be on. Steevo might be an asset here. You saw where they placed him and Twitch - and can get to it easily. Steevo isn't wearing scrubs, though.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
@Smith, @Stan - There is a board with the staff roster on it. The duty doctors are Pearce, Mengele and Kildare. You can find a terminal easily enough but feel that this is probably stretching your skills with getting into computers you're not supposed to be on. Steevo might be an asset here. You saw where they placed him and Twitch - and can get to it easily. Steevo isn't wearing scrubs, though.
Kal pulls up his comm and tries to contact Steevo. "Hey, I found a terminal but this is outta my league. How ridiculous would it be for you to walk me through getting... in? Y'know?"

OOC: @Stan
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
Ida will wait a little while for the thugs to progress ahead. She'll then approach the skylight and have a look in. Baring something unusual or unexpected she'll then attempt to open it and enter to get down to ground level
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Ida will wait a little while for the thugs to progress ahead. She'll then approach the skylight and have a look in. Baring something unusual or unexpected she'll then attempt to open it and enter to get down to ground level
@Séadna - You see the Morlock covering the street while the human starts to search the area. It's not totally quiet (there is some noise from Rick's) but they would almost certainly hear if you made any noise forcing the skylight. You can see the alcove Will hid in, and could attempt to signal him [OOC: you could flashback to developing a hand signal code for 1 STRESS].

Alternatively, you could attempt a SKULK roll to sneak away across the rooftops. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

The skylight is crudely secured with a mechanical latch. You could use RIG to open it silently; this is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect. You could break it open easily, but at the expense of being heard.
 
Last edited:

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
729
Kal pulls up his comm and tries to contact Steevo. "Hey, I found a terminal but this is outta my league. How ridiculous would it be for you to walk me through getting... in? Y'know?"

Steevo walks Kal through some basic steps, starting with where to look for slips of paper with passwords, then common passwords, and such.

ooc: Oh great GM, how do you want to handle the roll for this? Would it be my roll, with teamwork but a penalty for the method, so 2 dice? Or am I just giving a teamwork die to Kal?
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
ooc: Oh great GM, how do you want to handle the roll for this? Would it be my roll, with teamwork but a penalty for the method, so 2 dice? Or am I just giving a teamwork die to Kal?
@Smith, @Stan - Steevo can just walk across to the cubicle and frig with the terminal himself. You can assume Kal picked up another set of scrubs as a zero-cost flashback.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
You can see the alcove Will hid in, and could attempt to signal him [OOC: you could flashback to developing a hand signal code for 1 STRESS].

Alternatively, you could attempt a SKULK roll to sneak away across the rooftops. This is a RISKY roll with STANDARD effect.

The skylight is crudely secured with a mechanical latch. You could use RIG to open it silently; this is a DESPERATE roll with STANDARD effect. You could break it open easily, but at the expense of being heard.
OOC: I'll take the Stress for the hand signal. Pure curiosity nearly demands the RIG roll, but I'll be sensible and go with the SKULK. Best dice was a 4. Results here
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
OOC: I'll take the Stress for the hand signal. Pure curiosity nearly demands the RIG roll, but I'll be sensible and go with the SKULK. Best dice was a 4. Results here
@Séadna - 4 = Success with Complication. You signal your intention to sneak off to Will, which you assume he's seen. Then you dart across the rooftop to a building on the other side of the block. This building has a roof garden with a stairway down to a courtyard.

You see two people standing in the courtyard, conversing. One is smoking something armomatic in a vaping device.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,421
Reaction score
3,323
You see two people standing in the courtyard, conversing. One is smoking something armomatic in a vaping device.
Ida will walk past the two (and assuming they are regular looking citizens) comments:
"The roof garden is wonderful, it's in nature that we are closest to the way"

She hopes the image of a mystic meditating lowers suspicions about just emerging from the rooftop without having been seen heading up the stairway first
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
729
@Smith, @Stan
After trying to walk Kal through it, Steevo decides to head over to help. He makes sure Twitch is doing ok first. Then tries to get into the terminal to find Corr and find out how he's doing.

ooc: Hack (2 dice?) : 2, 5
.
 

RuinZealot

Active Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
64
@RuinZealot - +1 STRESS, +1 XP (DESPERATE roll)

6 = Success. You hide in a doorway and see the thugs run past. There is one human and one morlock, the same ones you saw at the market. You can see the thugs searching around. They've lost you but they're searching the area and moving away from you.

You could take a DEVIL'S BARGAIN and abandon Ida to increase the effect of the roll to sneak away behind them automatically, or you could watch them discreetly from your vantage point.
Will waits a moment. So the two get some distance before saying towards the fence to follow Ida.

Scramble Roll to get over the fence (1die): 4

OOC: I’ll wait to hear consequences.
 

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Will waits a moment. So the two get some distance before saying towards the fence to follow Ida.

Scramble Roll to get over the fence (1die): 4

OOC: I’ll wait to hear consequences.]
Clock4-1.png Reinforcements on the way

4 = Success with complication. As you head off, you hear the morlock on his comm talking agitatedly. Amongst other things he says "Get Zoran and Marskk here" and then after a pause "Them too. They're in Leto near Rick's. We got'em pinned. Move your Khlunge."

You try to get towards the alley that Ida ducked down but the thugs are between you and Ida. Seeing that route cut off, you take the opposite direction and duck off down another side street. You quickly make it a couple of blocks away from the thugs but now you're separated from Ida and outside the edge of the area you cased before.

You arrive on Rue Cellina. There are a few people on the street; most of this looks like it's residential but there is a small cafe and an alimentarie on the street. There are a few patrons in the cafe.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
Ida will walk past the two (and assuming they are regular looking citizens) comments:
"The roof garden is wonderful, it's in nature that we are closest to the way"

She hopes the image of a mystic meditating lowers suspicions about just emerging from the rooftop without having been seen heading up the stairway first
The two look at each other and watch as you leave with a sort of discombobulated look on their faces. There is a short corridor with doors off each side and a lobby with a reception desk and a front door. You open the front door and walk out. You are on Rue Mojave, which runs east-west. Rue Camden goes off to the north. There are a few people on the street. You look at the building you just came out of and the sign behind you says "Grillprazer bed and breakfast."
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
2,002
@Smith, @Stan
After trying to walk Kal through it, Steevo decides to head over to help. He makes sure Twitch is doing ok first. Then tries to get into the terminal to find Corr and find out how he's doing.

ooc: Hack (2 dice?) : 2, 5
Clock6-4.png Hospital staff get suspicious.

@Stan, @Smith - 5 = Success with complications. The infosec here is epic. Your swipe card logs you into the terminal and the owner has written his login and password on the card so he doesn't forget. After flipping through the wards you get listings for everything but ICU 1, which has a block on it with a note to see the ward sister. Correia isn't specifically listed in any of the other wards so you surmise that he's in the ICU.

Kal - from your knowledge of patient management systems, the attempt to access data for ICU1 has probably been been logged and there may be a flag on it, especially if there is someone under guard in the ward.

A map on the wall shows ICU 1 to be in the sub-basement below A&E.

HospitalBasement.png
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
318
Reaction score
368
Kal nods to Steevo. "We should be careful, guards might be alerted that we tried this. Do you think Twitch would be okay if we left him temporarily? We need to take the automed down to the basement to pick up you-know-who. I figured you be the tech, I be the lead."
 
Top