Scum and Villainy in-character (IC) thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Kal nods to Steevo. "We should be careful, guards might be alerted that we tried this. Do you think Twitch would be okay if we left him temporarily? We need to take the automed down to the basement to pick up you-know-who. I figured you be the tech, I be the lead."
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - OOC: It occurs to you that you didn't actually manage to sneak the automed into the hospital (it would have been pretty obvious trying to drag it through A&E), but he will most likely be in a larger, hospital grade automed that you can push around (imagine a hospital bed with a built in robot diagnostic treatment system). There are movable beds all around the hospital so you can get one trivially.

One could flashback to having manoeuvred your automed to whatever entrance you choose to get him out, though.

Last edited:
"That sounds good to me. As far as I could tell, Twitch was ok when I left. He's survived worse. I left our automed in the bay by the van I was going to grab before the floor outsmarted me. WE can grab everything on the way out. Let's hope this Corr is worth and that we're the first ones to grab him"

View attachment 13963 Reinforcements on the way

4 = Success with complication. As you head off, you hear the morlock on his comm talking agitatedly. Amongst other things he says "Get Zoran and Marskk here" and then after a pause "Them too. They're in Leto near Rick's. We got'em pinned. Move your Khlunge."

You try to get towards the alley that Ida ducked down but the thugs are between you and Ida. Seeing that route cut off, you take the opposite direction and duck off down another side street. You quickly make it a couple of blocks away from the thugs but now you're separated from Ida and outside the edge of the area you cased before.

You arrive on Rue Cellina. There are a few people on the street; most of this looks like it's residential but there is a small cafe and an alimentarie on the street. There are a few patrons in the cafe.
Will forces himself to slow his pace to something approaching leisurely.
He takes out his phone and messages Ida. “Hey, send me a place to meet you. I’m a couple blocks away from where we split, on Rue Cellina.”

RuinZealot RuinZealot, Stan Stan - You confidently breeze down the stairs and along to the ICU without attracting any undue attention. Looking around the reception, you can see a police guard down the corridor outside one of the rooms. He seems half-asleep.
Séadna Séadna - OOC: if you didn't get a notification, see above.

Last edited:
Ida stays put and sends a text indicating she is at "Grillprazer bed and breakfast" on Rue Mojave.

OOC: Actually Nobby I didn't get either notification, just checled out the thread myself there now. Think I'll make a habit of just checking myself. From running PbPs here I've often seen notifications not come through.

OOC: Actually Nobby I didn't get either notification, just checled out the thread myself there now. Think I'll make a habit of just checking myself. From running PbPs here I've often seen notifications not come through.
I find notifications are a bit hit and miss as well. Perhaps best to keep an eye. I could also ping folks with private messages, which may be more reliable at generating notifications.

RuinZealot RuinZealot, Stan Stan - You confidently breeze down the stairs and along to the ICU without attracting any undue attention. Looking around the reception, you can see a police guard down the corridor outside one of the rooms. He seems half-asleep.
Kal walks up to try and set this guard at ease. "Hey there, long shift?" (SWAY?)

Kal walks up to try and set this guard at ease. "Hey there, long shift?" (SWAY?)
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - There is a nurse at the reception desk looking at something on the desk computer screen. A bank of vital signs monitors hangs from the ceiling in front of the reception desk, one for each room in the ICU. About 2/3 are active. You notice that one labelled B1-03 displays the name Correia, L on it. It indicates that he is asleep but his vital signs look in fairly good shape.

There is a room next to reception with an open door labelled 'Non clinical utility'; in the room you notice a coffee machine and a packet of biscuits on the table next to the machine. Next to this, just behind the reception desk is a door labelled 'Charge Nurse'. On the other side of the reception are two doors: one labelled 'Toilet' and one labelled 'Stores.'

Make a RISKY SWAY roll with STANDARD effect to get some traction with the guard. You have two dice from your SWAY skill; can you think of a way you might apply teamwork or some other booster?

Last edited:
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - There is a nurse at the reception desk looking at something on the desk computer screen. A bank of vital signs monitors hangs from the ceiling in front of the reception desk, one for each room in the ICU. About 2/3 are active. You notice that one labelled B1-03 displays the name Correia, L on it. It indicates that he is asleep but his vital signs look in fairly good shape.

There is a room next to reception with an open door labelled 'Non clinical utility'; in the room you notice a coffee machine and a packet of biscuits on the table next to the machine. Next to this, just behind the reception desk is a door labelled 'Charge Nurse'. On the other side of the reception are two doors: one labelled 'Toilet' and one labelled 'Stores.'

Make a RISKY SWAY roll with STANDARD effect to get some traction with the guard. You have two dice from your SWAY skill; can you think of a way you might apply teamwork or some other booster?
OOC: Could I grab some snacks to hand this guard as a means of an ice breaker?

OOC: Could I grab some snacks to hand this guard as a means of an ice breaker?

Smith Smith, Stan Stan - OOC: The nurse isn't paying any attention to you. Could work as a part of the sway roll. Coffee might work as well.

Last edited:
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - OOC: The nurse isn't paying any attention to you. Could work as a part of the sway roll. Coffee might work as well.
OOC: I specifically don't want to use Coffee in-case it wakes him up and makes him more alert!

OOC: I specifically don't want to use Coffee in-case it wakes him up and makes him more alert!
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - Fair enough. There are other options including hot chocolate. The coffee is probably awful (and likely has never been anywhere near an actual coffee plant) so you could easily offer him something else on that basis.

Last edited:
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - Fair enough. There are other options including hot chocolate. The coffee is probably awful (and likely has never been anywhere near an actual coffee plant) so you could easily offer him something else on that basis.
OOC: Fair enough, whatever is the least offensive and least stimulating is my pick to offer up as a 'gift'

Smith Smith, Stan Stan - It could be a cup of chocolate. There's also a beverage called 'Wedang' that the locals seem to drink a lot.

Last edited:
Kal heads over to the guard with a cup of 'Wedang' and a small snack. "Long shift?" He asks as casually as he can.

SWAY + Gift = 4, 1, 4

4 = Success with reduced effect.

Smith Smith, Stan Stan - The guard accepts the Wedang with some gratitude and says: "Yep. Long day. Guarding a patient. Got shot in his hotel room. No idea why someone would hit an antiquities dealer."

Then he brightens a little and continues "Still, the guy shot back. Nice piece too - a Sparin. Got one of 'em too but they got away. Some of the brass are keen to hear what he has to say when he wakes up. Real keen."

The guard settles back in his chair and finishes "Thanks for the wedang bro."

The door has a large window and you can see a patient in the bed but his face and body are obscured by the automed sitting over the bed above him.

Last edited:
4 = Success with reduced effect.

Smith Smith, Stan Stan - The guard accepts the Wedang with some gratitude and says: "Yep. Long day. Guarding a patient. Got shot in his hotel room. No idea why someone would hit an antiquities dealer."

Then he brightens a little and continues "Still, the guy shot back. Nice piece - a Sparin. Got one of 'em too but they got away. Some of the brass are keen to hear what he has to say when he wakes up. Real keen."

The guard settles back in his chair and finishes "Thanks for the wedang bro."

The door has a large window and you can see a patient in the bed but his face and body are obscured by the automed sitting over the bed above him.
OOC: Can I flashback to seeing which nurses are on shift on this floor? And which of the three duty docs (Pearce, Mengele and Kildare) are assigned to the ICU?

OOC: Can I flashback to seeing which nurses are on shift on this floor? And which of the three duty docs (Pearce, Mengele and Kildare) are assigned to the ICU?
Stan Stan, Smith Smith - Yes. That's a zero-cost flashback. In fact, there is a roster for the ICU on the wall behind the reception. You can read that Mengele is the doctor responsible for the ICU. Josefin is the ward sister for ICU on this shift and there are two duty nurses assigned to ICU: Susanto and Kwan, although the board clearly implies that they're shared across some other wards.

Stan Stan, Smith Smith - Yes. That's a zero-cost flashback. In fact, there is a roster for the ICU on the wall behind the reception. You can read that Mengele is the doctor responsible for the ICU. Josefin is the ward sister for ICU on this shift and there are two duty nurses assigned to ICU: Susanto and Kwan, although the board clearly implies that they're shared across some other wards.
Kal gestures into the room before speaking, "Shit, Kwan didn't really give me that level of lowdown. They sent me to just cover real quick while they dealt with a home issue real quick. I just need to go in and check on this guy. You said he was involved in that shootout? I heard about it on the news. They especially didn't mention he had a sweet piece." Kal grins. "You a collector?" Kal nods towards the guard's weapon.

OOC: I assume he has a firearm. Trying to play off covering for a colleague.

Ida stays put and sends a text indicating she is at "Grillprazer bed and breakfast" on Rue Mojave.
Séadna Séadna
“I’ll be there.”

OOC: Nobby-W Nobby-W Is there a shop near by I could buy a jacket in? Just to change up my look maybe lower my profile a bit.

Kal gestures into the room before speaking, "Shit, Kwan didn't really give me that level of lowdown. They sent me to just cover real quick while they dealt with a home issue real quick. I just need to go in and check on this guy. You said he was involved in that shootout? I heard about it on the news. They especially didn't mention he had a sweet piece." Kal grins. "You a collector?" Kal nods towards the guard's weapon.

OOC: I assume he has a firearm. Trying to play off covering for a colleague.
Smith Smith, Stan Stan - OOC: He is armed with a holstered stunner and CSA assault blaster, the latter presumably because he has been assigned an armed guard duty.

"Well, they're better than the crap they issue to us. I mean Chekhovs are alright but the ones they make at State are a bit rough, y'know. My old sarge knew a guy who had one blow up on his partner in the middle of a fight."

"Knock yourself out," he finishes, gesturing into the room.

Last edited:

While Kal chats up the guard, Steevo casually slips in trying to look bored and nondescript. "Hey guys, don't mind me, I just need to check the monitors. From the server, this guy read has having 120% oxygen saturation. Either the sensor is off or the room is filling with too much oxygen and an explosive fire could happen. I'm sure it's just the sensor though."

Once in the room, Steevo checks to see how how it would be to unplug everything without setting off alarms so they can wheel the guy out. As an afterthought, he takes a look at the client.

Séadna Séadna
“I’ll be there.”

OOC: Nobby-W Nobby-W Is there a shop near by I could buy a jacket in? Just to change up my look maybe lower my profile a bit.
RuinZealot RuinZealot - A fortune roll - 3D = 6, 3, 5 (Full effect). No shops like that are open but there is a coat rack in the cafe. You see one of the pedestrians in the street enter the cafe and put his outer robe up on the coat rack. Chances are he has no particular love for Hubba. Maybe for 50 creds he might sell it to you and keep his gob shut.

Last edited:
While Kal chats up the guard, Steevo casually slips in trying to look bored and nondescript. "Hey guys, don't mind me, I just need to check the monitors. From the server, this guy read has having 120% oxygen saturation. Either the sensor is off or the room is filling with too much oxygen and an explosive fire could happen. I'm sure it's just the sensor though."

Once in the room, Steevo checks to see how how it would be to unplug everything without setting off alarms so they can wheel the guy out. As an afterthought, he takes a look at the client.
Stan Stan, Smith Smith - OOC: You can just turn the monitors off; that would show on the screens above the reception but it would not sound any alarms. However, the nurse at reception is still busy with her notes.

From the notes in a clipboard on the end of the bed, he was given surgery for a gunshot wound about a day ago and is sedated, but his condition is not life-threatening.

Last edited:
RuinZealot RuinZealot - A fortune roll - 3D = 6, 3, 5 (Full effect). No shops like that are open but there is a coat rack in the cafe. You see one of the pedestrians in the street enter the cafe and put his outer robe up on the coat rack. Chances are he has no particular love for Hubba. Maybe for 50 creds he might sell it to you and keep his gob shut.

OOC: I’d like to ask him. Do I need to make a roll?

OOC: I’d like to ask him. Do I need to make a roll?
RuinZealot RuinZealot, Séadna Séadna - OOC: No. covered by the fortune roll.

You walk into the cafe and sit at his table with a proposal to buy his coat for 50 creds, no questions asked, flashing a fold of 10 cred notes to him. He gives you a strange look, thinks for a moment then takes the money. He gestures to the coat rack: "Help yourself."

You take the coat, put it on and leave. You might pass for a local at a casual glance.

You make your way southwest a couple of blocks to Rue Mojave and spot Ida walking westwards quickly along the street; you meet up with her, walking at a distance so it doesn't look as though you're together.

Last edited:
OOC: Steevo, how you want to handle this? I was thinking that we disconnect him, and put him in the automed and I try to talk our way into convincing others that he needs to get moved to another facility due to a security concern. Figure we pick Twitch up on the way out.

OOC: Sounds good except I seem to remember the GM saying the automed would be a bit suspicious so I left it by the truck. The only change of plan would be to wheel the bed out , then hook him on the automed as we load him.

RuinZealot RuinZealot, Séadna Séadna - OOC: No. covered by the fortune roll.

You walk into the cafe and sit at his table with a proposal to buy his coat for 50 creds, no questions asked, flashing a fold of 10 cred notes to him. He gives you a strange look, thinks for a moment then takes the money. He gestures to the coat rack: "Help yourself."

You take the coat, put it on and leave. You might pass for a local at a casual glance.

You make your way southwest a couple of blocks to Rue Mojave and spot Ida walking westwards quickly along the street; you meet up with her, walking at a distance so it doesn't look as though you're together.
Séadna Séadna
Will takes out his handcomp and messages Ida. “You want to get a cab to the next district and wait for pick up?”

OOC: Steevo, how you want to handle this? I was thinking that we disconnect him, and put him in the automed and I try to talk our way into convincing others that he needs to get moved to another facility due to a security concern. Figure we pick Twitch up on the way out.
Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan - OOC: It occurs to you that Twitch is stoned but not completely incapacitated. How might a stoned and tweaking escapee from A&E help?
Stan Stan, Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch, RuinZealot RuinZealot, Séadna Séadna - packing up for a train trip to Solo, which will take most of tomorrow. Destination is supposed to have broadband so expecting to be back online tomorrow evening sometime (GMT+7).

Last edited:
Stan Stan, Smith Smith, Séadna Séadna, RuinZealot RuinZealot, Bunch Bunch -
OOC: Internet connection at Solo house is down for the whole neighbourhood. Not the first time I've seen dodgy internet here either. Currently restricted to usurously expensive[1] roaming mobile data at 25p/MB. Should get connected to merely expensive local data SIM card in the next day or two (about 1/1000 of the price of the roaming data). Watch this space.

Last edited:
Séadna Séadna, RuinZealot RuinZealot -

You're about a block and a half from the A19 Meridani highway. That would be the best place to look for a taxi - this doesn't seem to be the sort of town where taxis just cruise around for business but you have seen at least one stand on the highway itself and another just off it on the other side. On this side the nearest one is next to the market, but you would have to go through the goons to get to it.

Last edited:
Séadna Séadna, RuinZealot RuinZealot -

You're about a block and a half from the A19 Meridani highway. That would be the best place to look for a taxi - this doesn't seem to be the sort of town where taxis just cruise around for business but you have seen at least one stand on the highway itself and another just off it on the other side. On this side the nearest one is next to the market, but you would have to go through the goons to get to it.

OOC: Is there a way around it or could we call a taxi to us?

OOC: Is there a way around it or could we call a taxi to us?
Clock4-2.png Reinforcements start arriving

RuinZealot RuinZealot, Séadna Séadna - You could zero-cost flashback having looked up contact details for the local taxi company, so calling one is trivial with the caveat that it will take non-zero time to dispatch the cab and for it to arrive.

Last edited:
Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan

Steevo frowns as he looks over the equipment. "Oh dear, I think this room isn't safe anymore because of the gas levels. Notify someone right away if either of you get woozy. Or, if you get a weird cough. Or if you it seems like the lights are flashing in a weird way. I'm gonna hafta move this one to a different room right away."

Steevo quickly starts unhooking things and then wheels the bed out of the room. He'll go past Twitch to get him. If the guard follows, they'll have to think of something.

ooc: what do I roll?

Smith Smith, Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan

Steevo frowns as he looks over the equipment. "Oh dear, I think this room isn't safe anymore because of the gas levels. Notify someone right away if either of you get woozy. Or, if you get a weird cough. Or if you it seems like the lights are flashing in a weird way. I'm gonna hafta move this one to a different room right away."

Steevo quickly starts unhooking things and then wheels the bed out of the room. He'll go past Twitch to get him. If the guard follows, they'll have to think of something.

ooc: what do I roll?
Stan Stan, Bunch Bunch, Smith Smith - The guard goes "Hey! Where are you going with that!?" as you start wheeling the bed out of the door.

Make a DESPERATE SWAY roll with STANDARD effect to convince the guard this is legit. Kal can teamwork to add +1D.

OOC: Better start thinking of flashbacks to nobble security and cover for the fact that a cop's just seen your mugs up close. Time for some proper non-linear play methinks. [I can think of a couple at least.]

Last edited:
Twitch is beginning the slow descent back to sobriety. No longer completely out of his mind but far from 100% Trip is aware of shouting and moving lights. The combination of those plus the beginings of awareness makes him nauseous. He likes off the side of the bed unaware of who might be caught in his blast radius.

Twitch is beginning the slow descent back to sobriety. No longer completely out of his mind but far from 100% Trip is aware of shouting and moving lights. The combination of those plus the beginnings of awareness makes him nauseous. He likes off the side of the bed unaware of who might be caught in his blast radius.
Bunch Bunch, Stan Stan, Smith Smith - A nurse comes in after hearing your glorious technicolour yawn. She goes "Oh!, gross." and fetches a scrubot (essentially a wet and dry roomba about the size of a beer keg) that proceeds to clean up the mess. While it's cleaning she asks if you're OK and gets a degradable bowl in case you ralph up again. As you seem to be fine she leaves but marks something on the notes.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back