Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hmm, The Russian Bugle Horn.
Girlfriend is the Kentucky Crockpot.

This should be interesting.

Rusty Snowblower... I'm assuming it's some particularly hair-raising variant of 'snowballing', as mentioned upthread.

Actually I googled it...

104482d1494991291-rusty-noma-all-apart-101_0760%5B1%5D.jpg

MADE YOU LOOK. MADE YOU LOOK. MADE YOU LOOK. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Last edited:
Sex at my table varies per group. In one game, well it happened and had RP descriptions, not typical but those players took it maturely. Others won't or don't. I fade to black 99% of the time. Which is why I avoided a lot of PbtA games. I might not have purchased Bite Marks if I'd known it had them, but it is easy enough to change things to emotional cues, or another thing I want the game to be about. I just hate house-ruling games, rather than say writing my own.

Fading to black is the default for PbtA, Silverlion. There's no hack that's about describing and "playing out" sex.

But you could change it to Intimacy moves if you wish. Some hacks already do that (Urban Shadows uses it). Go with whatever you find thematically appropriate. :happy:

Edit: BTW, take a look at Masks if you want to see intimacy moves directed at teamwork and supporting and comforting friends.

Last edited:
Rusty Snowblower... I'm assuming it's some particularly hair-raising variant of 'snowballing', as mentioned upthread.

Actually I googled it...

104482d1494991291-rusty-noma-all-apart-101_0760%5B1%5D.jpg

MADE YOU LOOK. MADE YOU LOOK. MADE YOU LOOK. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
lol, you bollocks I was hovering over it there for a moment in trepidation!

We try to be as immature as possible. Especially when playing ETU. Devoting as much time and attention to Nude Crisco Twitter as we do combat or investigation. In case you wonder why I don’t try to recruit new players.

We try to be as immature as possible. Especially when playing ETU. Devoting as much time and attention to Nude Crisco Twitter as we do combat or investigation. In case you wonder why I don’t try to recruit new players.
I'd say that's fine as long as everybody is on the same page. We had a couple Apocalypse World sessions that flirted with a tongue in cheek tone, where we strategized who should fuck the enemy as to get the most benefit (we tried a gang bang but he was too timid :hehe: )

I have a spanish rpg called Libro Cero that has an entire subsystem for sex.
How does it works? I'm curious.

Last edited:
I'd say that's fine as long as everybody is on the same page. We had a couple Apocalypse World sessions that flirted with a tongue in cheek tone, where we strategized who should fuck the enemy as to get the most benefit (we tried a gang bang but he was too timid :hehe: )

Yeah, whole group’s fine with it. It is much worse when we play ETU than, say, D&D or Deadlands, though. Those tend to be a little tamer.

Hmm, The Russian Bugle Horn.
Girlfriend is the Kentucky Crockpot.

This should be interesting.

Valentine's day is coming up, now you've got something to write in the card ;)

"To my favourite Kentucky Crockpot"

How does it works? I'm curious.

Okay. First every character in the game has one of four sexual dispositions, that tells what types of sex they're into.
Romantic: Only twosomes in bed, missionary and a couple of other positions.
Adventurous: Anal, sex out of bedroom, threesomes.
Kinky: Light bondage, gangbangs.
Pervert: Full on BDSM.
The higher ones include lower ones. For example Adventurous includes Romantic.

The sex system has three rounds. Each round the player pick a sexmove, (the game has a list of moves) such as missionary. This has bonuses and penalties dependent on the sexual disposition of the other participants. You then make a roll, with the bonuses and penalties, and the success level of the roll is noted. At the end od all three rounds, you simply add all the success levels together, and that tells you how good or bad the sexual encounter was.

This then influences the relation standing between the characters involved. Yes the game also has relationship mechanics.

This is all from memory. It's a long time since I read the game, and I've never played it.

Okay. First every character in the game has one of four sexual dispositions, that tells what types of sex they're into.
Romantic: Only twosomes in bed, missionary and a couple of other positions.
Adventurous: Anal, sex out of bedroom, threesomes.
Kinky: Light bondage, gangbangs.
Pervert: Full on BDSM.
The higher ones include lower ones. For example Adventurous includes Romantic.

The sex system has three rounds. Each round the player pick a sexmove, (the game has a list of moves) such as missionary. This has bonuses and penalties dependent on the sexual disposition of the other participants. You then make a roll, with the bonuses and penalties, and the success level of the roll is noted. At the end od all three rounds, you simply add all the success levels together, and that tells you how good or bad the sexual encounter was.

This then influences the relation standing between the characters involved. Yes the game also has relationship mechanics.

This is all from memory. It's a long time since I read the game, and I've never played it.
How much will SIlva pay for this book? Over/Under is $100.

Something I have found when looking at running the (very funny) Slash fic LARP is that the women in the group are waaaaaaay more up for that kind of thing than the blokes. To the point it's never actually run because we can't get the male players.

Something I have found when looking at running the (very funny) Slash fic LARP is that the women in the group are waaaaaaay more up for that kind of thing than the blokes. To the point it's never actually run because we can't get the male players.

My experience is that women have much less hangups about sex in their games than guys do.

As I said earlier, a lot of my players have a background in a lot of free form play by post rpgs. Like the stuff that used to be done on livejournal before that site imploded.

It's almost exclusively women and probably half of the games are about sex.

I don’t think it’s a hang up, necessarily. Some people just don’t feel comfortable talking about it. Some don’t think it’s proper. Etc etc.

Yes, that fits with my experience :thumbsup:.

My experience is that women have much less hangups about sex in their games than guys do.

As I said earlier, a lot of my players have a background in a lot of free form play by post rpgs. Like the stuff that used to be done on livejournal before that site imploded.

I think "half" is a vast understatement :tongue:!

pBp has a lot of women players, yes, but saying "almost exclusively" doesn't come close to matching my experience, and I'd say the majority of the games are about interpersonal relations, but not sex. I've participated in many, one that's been going since the late 90s, and it's a culture I'm pretty well versed in, at least as well as I'm versed in RPG culture.

The thing to note is, if two players do engage in anything romantic beyond flirting, typically they do it in PM chat, not in public posts.

pBp has a lot of women players, yes, but saying "almost exclusively" doesn't come close to matching my experience, and I'd say the majority of the games are about interpersonal relations, but not sex. I've participated in many, one that's been going since the late 90s, and it's a culture I'm pretty well versed in, at least as well as I'm versed in RPG culture.

The thing to note is, if two players do engage in anything romantic beyond flirting, typically they do it in PM chat, not in public posts.
Actually it depends a lot on the site :thumbsup:.

Then you don't run in the same circles as most of the players I know, because "almost exclusively women, and a lot of them are about sex" is pretty much the experience most of my players have had with it.

Then you don't run in the same circles as most of the players I know, because "almost exclusively women, and a lot of them are about sex" is pretty much the experience most of my players have had with it.

I suppose no one can have comprehensive knowledge, but I can say it's very easy to find PBms that aren't exclusively women, and I find that the only times I've encountered overt sex stuff is the "games" where people aren't really roleplaying so much as doing interactive fanfic.

To me, it's like those folks who talk about women RPGers being "very rare", I imagine it's either the area they are living in, or the types of groups they are involved with. I've always had girl players, since the 80s. My first DM was a girl. But everyone has different experiences.

I will note however, that it's funny that pBm games are brought up, because that's the exact opposite thing to having "Sex Moves". I'm sure a group of dedicated pBm players would find the concept as hilarious as I do.

I mean, I've met freeform RPers who find codification of any part of RPing anathema to roleplaying so I don't think "they would think sex moves are bad" is really much of a statement.

The only thing I was commenting on is that I've found dudes get more weird about sex than women do.

And actually on the women rpers are very rare thing: I find that its more that a lot of women RPG players play more with each other than with the "RPG public" because while I don't think RPG Gamers on the whole are bad, I do think most of who you would run into in public games are not very well socialized human beings, and I could see after a few bad experiences they would tend to stick to playing in small groups of friends rather than go outside of that.

I know almost all of my players have had bad experiences with the gaming public, so you know, better just to play with people that others can vouch for.

I play in two differently weekly games, and the only other guy in either group is my brother is playing in the game I run.

I was once in an X-Men PBM as Wolverine and the presumed female playing Jean Grey was ALL ABOUT the fun we were going to have.

Made me sad because I was never a WolverJean guy, preferring Silver Fox, Mariko, or literally any other love interest.

In more traditional games, it tended to be more dudes into the sexy stuff (but in the "stop in the town, hire a whore, can I bang this barmaid, oh shit I want this princess") kinda way.

I was once in an X-Men PBM as Wolverine and the presumed female playing Jean Grey was ALL ABOUT the fun we were going to have.

Made me sad because I was never a WolverJean guy, preferring Silver Fox, Mariko, or literally any other love interest.

In more traditional games, it tended to be more dudes into the sexy stuff (but in the "stop in the town, hire a whore, can I bang this barmaid, oh shit I want this princess") kinda way.

Honestly, Jean was the worst matchup for pretty much every person she was shipped with.

Cyclops/Emma Frost for instance a much better dynamic. (She made him loosen up a little and get a bit of a sense of humor, he made her a bit of a better person in general. They each made the other better).

I mean, I've met freeform RPers who find codification of any part of RPing anathema to roleplaying so I don't think "they would think sex moves are bad" is really much of a statement.

"Hilarious"
is what I said.

The only thing I was commenting on is that I've found dudes get more weird about sex than women do.

I just have a hard time considering generalized statements along those lines . My brain just sort of rejects it.

I just have a hard time considering generalized statements along those lines . My brain just sort of rejects it.

Why? Generalized statements of course lose nuance, everyone is an individual, but large scale trends do exist.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back