Sexy men & The Goose Conspiracy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I have a terrible secret I have to share with you guys. You've been so kind and welcoming that I feel bad keeping it secret any longer...

I....

I.......

I am actually a goose in real life. I only pretend to be a human on the internet for the attention. :sad:
Oh that's just fine. Where exactly do you live and how do you feel about cranberry sauce?

I have a terrible secret I have to share with you guys. You've been so kind and welcoming that I feel bad keeping it secret any longer...

I....

I.......

I am actually a goose in real life. I only pretend to be a human on the internet for the attention. :sad:
It's ok, we're all geese. This whole site is one big False Flag Op by the GLF (Geese Liberation Front).

So, it smells of drug use and nervous breakdown:grin:?
Don’t forget the incessant complaining about how hard life is, while ordering off a menu and not knowing where the money comes from to cover the monthly debit card bills.

I....

I.......

An agent!

I call shenanigans. No right-thinking goose is going to seek forgiveness or acceptance from lesser creatures. We are the scions of the Therapod Empire! Sweeping scythe of the dinosaurs and the true rulers of this planet! Honk. Geese can't type. (Phew, think I caught that in time.)

The first series of Spiderman films were decent (Toby McGuire) but the modern super hero films peaked with the first Iron Man and after The Avengers it has been really spotty. I will admit to loving the end of Thor Ragnarök with the Immigrant song sound track and Hulk whomping on Fenris Wolf. Unfortunately a great 10 minutes or so can't hold up a whole movie.

I recently saw the Shane Black Iron Man 3 which I put off as I was a bit burned out on IM and superhero movies in general by then but found it much better than I expected because it was a real Shane Black film and spent more time on character than most of these films. Apparently some fans didn't like it because it wasn't 'really' an Iron Man movie (whatever the hell that means).

I recently saw the Shane Black Iron Man 3 which I put off as I was a bit burned out on IM and superhero movies in general by then but found it much better than I expected because it was a real Shane Black film and spent more time on character than most of these films. Apparently some fans didn't like it because it wasn't 'really' an Iron Man movie (whatever the hell that means).
I find it a mixed bag.

The good bits, for me were:
  • I really enjoyed the relationship between Stark and the kid and I usually don't like kids in action movies.
  • The Mandarin stole the show. I was happy to see the Mandarian return in Marvel short and then again in Shang Chi.
  • It is a good Christmas movie.
On the other hand:
  • It didn't like how they reimagined AIM. I understand that big-headed Modok and beekeeper uniforms might not work on the big screen, but its version of AIM was way too bland.
  • I never read the original Extremis story arc, but I'm not a fan of "drug/virus turns regular dudes into supervillains" plots. It feels generic, it makes supervillains less special. I'd sooner see Iron Man duking it out with Crimson Dynamo, Living Laser or even The Melter than nameless dude who got boosted.
  • Likewise having an fleet of remote control Iron Man suits makes superheroes less special.

I find it a mixed bag.

The good bits, for me were:
  • I really enjoyed the relationship between Stark and the kid and I usually don't like kids in action movies.
  • The Mandarin stole the show. I was happy to see the Mandarian return in Marvel short and then again in Shang Chi.
  • It is a good Christmas movie.
On the other hand:
  • It didn't like how they reimagined AIM. I understand that big-headed Modok and beekeeper uniforms might not work on the big screen, but its version of AIM was way too bland.
  • I never read the original Extremis story arc, but I'm not a fan of "drug/virus turns regular dudes into supervillains" plots. It feels generic, it makes supervillains less special. I'd sooner see Iron Man duking it out with Crimson Dynamo, Living Laser or even The Melter than nameless dude who got boosted.
  • Likewise having an fleet of remote control Iron Man suits makes superheroes less special.

Yeah it has been weird how uninspired the villains in the MCU are (Thanos and Loki the only exceptions) and the final 30-40 minutes degenerate into overlong, largely poorly blocked and shot action scenes so I'm grading on curve on those aspects. As you say, I did like how they cleverly and humourously subverted expectations with the Mandarin.

Modok is an all-time fav for me, I'm a fan of the satricial tv series too, just for the character design but I guess it's no surprise they didn't even try to import him into live action. I wonder what the early versions of Black's script may have been like, I can imagine him trying to integrate Modok in some crazy way.

Last edited:
I agree quite a few MCU movies, especially the origin stories, failed to produce good villains, but I think there are a few more good ones that just Thanos and Loki.

I admit I did not care for Spader's Ultron to start with, but he grew on me, he is just beautifully deranged. Klaue (Klaw) was awesome - horrible character but you immediately got a sense that he had history. Killmonger had charisma and an interesting motivation. Ronan was good. Thor Ragnarok, camp as it was, spoiled us with Blanchett's Hela, Urban's Excecutioner and Goldblum's Grandmaster. Vulture and Mysterio from the Spider-Man movies were both superb.

Moving to the TV series, Zemo and USAgent were both outstanding in Falcon and The Winter Soldier and stole that show. Abomination in She-Hulk (so much more interesting than in the Hulk movie).
Hawkeye brough D'Onofrio's Kingpin into the MCU, though of course that character was developed in the Netflix series.

Last edited:
I'd agree with D'Onofrio's Kingpin but there you have a real classic comicbook bad guy and very good character actor. The odd decision to me is how often the bad guys in the MCU are forgotten second stringers and faceless mobs instead of Dr. Doom.

I came here expecting pictures of sexy men (or at least sexy anime fanart) and I'm sorely disappointed....

And what's this I hear about a goose conspiracy?

I came here expecting pictures of sexy men (or at least sexy anime fanart) and I'm sorely disappointed....

And what's this I hear about a goose conspiracy?
At the beginning of civilization, an invasive species of birds invaded our planet.
You know them as 'Geese'.

A powerful Neanderthal leader showed mercy to the survivors of the inevitable war.
This was arguably a mistake.

Now, millennia later, the Geese are waiting for their war fleet from Honikula VII to arrive.
This new war machine is rumored to counter the Ancient Magic that protects our planet from their advanced technologies.
A few noble human agents work disparately to counter the efforts of HONK - Geese shapeshifters who have infiltrated key positions in government, business and the entertainment sector.

The Goose Wars have returned.
The Battle for Earth has begun!

At the beginning of civilization, an invasive species of birds invaded our planet.

A powerful Neanderthal leader showed mercy to the survivors of the inevitable war.

Now, millennia later, the Geese are waiting for their war fleet from Honikula VII to arrive.
This new war machine is rumored to counter the Ancient Magic that protects our planet from their advanced technologies.
A few noble human agents work disparately to counter the efforts of HONK - Geese shapeshifters who have infiltrated key positions in government, business and the entertainment sector.

Hmm, I need to make a sourcebook based on this premise.

Now, you may ask where Honkula VII is in relation to Lanulos.
And that is a valid question.

Don't be bringing up your Lanulos conspiracy bollox here.
It's more of the same old "Geese are bad! Geese decimate every planet they conquer! Geese oppress individual rights by only respecting the pronouns of Slave/Prey!" Boring!!!!!!!

When the ship lands, you'll see they have nothing but the best of intentions towards you hairless mon-keigh mammalian scum all.

That's it, I'm making this the plot of my next one-shot! The PCs need to find their totem animal and wake its spirit up to help them fight the battle to protect Earth's sacred places, because weakening them even more is going to basically guarantee the success of the conquerors...:shade:

The system is going to be Ironclaw or Myriad Song, of course, except the PCs aren't going to be anthropomorphic animals. Just humans, with the "species" being renamed "totem":grin:!

That's it, I'm making this the plot of my next one-shot! The PCs need to find their totem animal and wake its spirit up to help them fight the battle to protect Earth's sacred places, because weakening them even more is going to basically guarantee the success of the conquerors...:shade:

The system is going to be Ironclaw or Myriad Song, of course, except the PCs aren't going to be anthropomorphic animals. Just humans, with the "species" being renamed "totem":grin:!

I actually want to play this...

Don't be bringing up your Lanulos conspiracy bollox here.
It's more of the same old "Geese are bad! Geese decimate every planet they conquer! Geese oppress individual rights by only respecting the pronouns of Slave/Prey!" Boring!!!!!!!

When the ship lands, you'll see they have nothing but the best of intentions towards you hairless mon-keigh mammalian scum all.
That’s a (Indrid) Cold thing to say!

As this has devolved into a discussion on a bunch of random things:

1. Someone mentioned Gillen and I can't read his name without mentioning that his run on Journey into Mystery is probably the best thing Marvel has ever released
2. MCU has not produced a lot of great villains but there are some exceptions like Killmonger and in phase 4 stuff, Arthur Harrow from Moon Knight and
Wanda
in Muiltiverse of Madness.
3. As someone who has read a LOT of comics from nearly every era, there is good and bad in all of the years, and good and bad stylistic tropes of the eras (man, older comics REALLY overexplained/narrated things in text boxes, often stuff that could be clearly seen from the art)
4. I have though leaned way more into reading a lot more Japanese comics over Western comics nowadays. Stuff like Children of the Whales or The Ancient Magus' Bride just feels way more creative and unique, though it could just be that I'm burned out on some things about western works.

Also, just in general, from the reception it got I was expecting Multiverse of Madness to not be that great, but I found it actually really good.

It had actual character arcs!
I found the idea that the story was about how Strange could never give up control and always had to be the "solution" and how in the end, what made him different from all the other Stranges of the other universes is that he ended up giving up control of the situation to trust and have faith in America to fix things. And how it was mirrored in Wanda's obsession with control was interesting.
A compelling and understandable villain!
Wanda being obsessed with getting back the kids she created in Wandavision, knowing that throughout the multiverse so many versions of herself were happy and raising them was heartbreaking and very understandable.

Idk, I'm often finding I don't know what people want out of Marvel anymore with the reactions people have online.

Oh also I forgot one thing on my list of "commenting on everything being talked about"

5. The main problem I have with modern superhero comics is that nothing is ever given time to breathe. Constant events. Constant team revamps. Constant reboots of series. How often do you have a comic that is just about Wolverine taking Colossus to a bar because he needs to blow off steam nowadays? It's basically just one big thing after another with no room for characters to just be characters inhabiting the world.

Also, just in general, from the reception it got I was expecting Multiverse of Madness to not be that great, but I found it actually really good.

It had actual character arcs!
I found the idea that the story was about how Strange could never give up control and always had to be the "solution" and how in the end, what made him different from all the other Stranges of the other universes is that he ended up giving up control of the situation to trust and have faith in America to fix things. And how it was mirrored in Wanda's obsession with control was interesting.
A compelling and understandable villain!
Wanda being obsessed with getting back the kids she created in Wandavision, knowing that throughout the multiverse so many versions of herself were happy and raising them was heartbreaking and very understandable.

Idk, I'm often finding I don't know what people want out of Marvel anymore with the reactions people have online.

That's because Raimi is a real filmmaker who brings craft and competance to even clear work-for-hire projects.

Oh also I forgot one thing on my list of "commenting on everything being talked about"

5. The main problem I have with modern superhero comics is that nothing is ever given time to breathe. Constant events. Constant team revamps. Constant reboots of series. How often do you have a comic that is just about Wolverine taking Colossus to a bar because he needs to blow off steam nowadays? It's basically just one big thing after another with no room for characters to just be characters inhabiting the world.
And that's what you get when there's too much Writing-characters-as-characters-in-action-movies-should-be and don't make enough time for them just Being-characters-in-the-world...:devil:
I actually want to play this...
I'll see what I can do when I get to running it:thumbsup:. Depending on the venue and time, it might or might not be workable for you to join.

Last edited:
MCU has not produced a lot of great villains but there are some exceptions like Killmonger and in phase 4 stuff, Arthur Harrow from Moon Knight and
Personally, I thought Gorr was well done- they just didn't use him enough! Also Vulture, Mysterio, Goblin in FFH, Thanos, Zemo, Namor, and Wenwu- they definitely have a lot better track record than DC.

That's certainly true of the goose currently hiding in your pots and pans cupboard. ::honkhonk:
I love geese. Geese guard whisky distilleries and make a fine job of it. Ain't no goose fallin for the drugged dog-treat trick!

Also I'm a bit of an animal whisperer guy. Give me a baby Canadian goose, and I will show you the man.

We have two rules man! Two!
Rules are for edge cases. I'm a basket case.

Also, geese don't guard distilleries. Geese guard bond houses, where the distilled whisky is stored. WHICH IS AN EVEN MORE IMPORTANT JOB!

Also also, FUCKING POLITICS MAN! HERE'S ME TALKING POLITICS! GDP! ELECTIONS! CULTURE WARS! EVERYTHING'S POLITICAL MAN, EVEN THE GOOSES!

Rules are for edge cases. I'm a basket case.

Also, geese don't guard distilleries. Geese guard bond houses, where the distilled whisky is stored. WHICH IS AN EVEN MORE IMPORTANT JOB!

Also also, FUCKING POLITICS MAN! HERE'S ME TALKING POLITICS! GDP! ELECTIONS! CULTURE WARS! EVERYTHING'S POLITICAL MAN, EVEN THE GOOSES!
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL TOTALLY NOT REAL WARNING! DO NOT SYMPATHISE WITH GEESE!

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL TOTALLY NOT REAL WARNING! DO NOT SYMPATHISE WITH GEESE!
You ever see the video of the goose that became a sheep-dog? That's what'll happen to us after the collapse of human civilisation and the rise of the geeses. People being herded by our goose overlords. And I for one would like to welcome them...

You ever see the video of the goose that became a sheep-dog? That's what'll happen to us after the collapse of human civilisation and the rise of the geeses. People being herded by our goose overlords. And I for one would like to welcome them...
Get your hands off of me you damn dirty goose!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back