SF (planetary adventure) game on Discord, Saturday night AET

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Agemegos

Over-educated dilettante
Reaction score
It seems that the cool kids are running RPGs over Discord, so I'm going to give that a go. I found a Discord community that is dedicated to recruiting RPG players in Australia and New Zealand and the corresponding time zones, and I have posted an advertisement for the campaign there, which I will copy below.

CampaignIt Belongs in a Museum
SystemForeSight
SettingFlat Black
Genreslow-concept SF; planetary adventure;
thrillers, hard-boiled mysteries, capers
InspirationMission Impossible (an old TV show)
Burn Notice (a not-so-recent TV show)
The SF works of Jack Vance, especially the Demon Princes novels.
PlatformDiscord voice and chat in private channels
ScheduleSaturday nights 20:00–23:30 AET
Commencementlate January 2022
Players3–4 (one place already taken)

Premise

The PCs comprise a small team of versatile and highly competent "effectives" who perform secret operations for an interstellar NGO on the "planet of the month".

Human Heritage is an interstellar non-government organisation that is dedicated to recording and conserving cultural treasures, and protecting artists and their freedom of expression. Human Heritage has supporters and members on most planets. But these are seldom skilled enough to do anything difficult, resolute enough to do anything strenuous or dangerous, or bold enough to confront opposition. HH therefore employs skilled and daring "effectives" as undercover and clandestine operators. Rarely of a military character, their missions usually involve finding missing artists, rescuing captives, finding and recovering stolen art, interdicting the trade in stolen art, and preventing major acts of vandalism—by whatever means necessary. But if you get caught, the Conservator will deny any knowledge of your mission.

Flat Black is a setting for adventures in which more-or-less cosmopolitan PCs come with an objective to an exotic planet with a bizarre culture and society. The peculiarities of the planet are an obstacle while they are not understood, but PCs can figure out how to adapt to, circumvent, and even take advantage of them.

I don't expect to find many players here who are available for such a game on Saturday nights Australian Eastern time. But if you are interested: recruiting and discussion are going on on this Discord server: https://discord.gg/ausrpg

Last edited:
It seems that the cool kids are running RPGs over Discord, so I'm going to give that a go. I found a Discord community that is dedicated to recruiting RPG players in Australia and New Zealand and the corresponding time zones, and I have posted an advertisement for the campaign there, which I will copy below.

CampaignIt Belongs in a Museum
SystemForeSight
SettingFlat Black
Genreslow-concept SF; planetary adventure;
thrillers, hard-boiled mysteries, capers
InspirationMission Impossible (an old TV show)
Burn Notice (a not-so-recent TV show)
The SF works of Jack Vance, especially the Demon Princes novels.
PlatformDiscord voice and chat in private channels
ScheduleSaturday nights 20:00–23:30 AET
Commencementlate January 2022
Players3–4 (one place already taken)

Premise

The PCs comprise a small team of versatile and highly competent "effectives" who perform secret operations for an interstellar NGO on the "planet of the month".

Human Heritage is an interstellar non-government organisation that is dedicated to recording and conserving cultural treasures, and protecting artists and their freedom of expression. Human Heritage has supporters and members on most planets. But these are seldom skilled enough to do anything difficult, resolute enough to do anything strenuous or dangerous, or bold enough to confront opposition. HH therefore employs skilled and daring "effectives" as undercover and clandestine operators. Rarely of a military character, their missions usually involve finding missing artists, rescuing captives, finding and recovering stolen art, interdicting the trade in stolen art, and preventing major acts of vandalism—by whatever means necessary. But if you get caught, the Conservator will deny any knowledge of your mission.

Flat Black is a setting for adventures in which more-or-less cosmopolitan PCs come with an objective to an exotic planet with a bizarre culture and society. The peculiarities of the planet are an obstacle while they are not understood, but PCs can figure out how to adapt to, circumvent, and even take advantage of them.

I don't expect to find many players here who are available for such a game on Saturday nights Australian Eastern time. But if you are interested: recruiting and discussion are going on on this Discord server: https://discord.gg/YrtRQqfH

If only I wasn't living on the other side of the world - however, if I ever manage to pull off my Indonesian sabbatical I'll be in touch.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back