SpeedRune thoughts or experience? (lite RQ-alike)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

gruagach

game loving hermit
Reaction score
Any of the RQ/BRP adherents have any experience with SpeedRune (found on Itch.io) by Aaron King?

Aaron bill's it thus:

"Free rules-lite Bronze Age fantasy with seasonal adventuring, community (and romance!) downtime, and modular GM resources."

When I get some free time, I'm going to try to read through it to see what I think. See how it compares to other "lite" BRP games (e.g. OpenQuest, Mythras Imperative).

Reactions: SJB
It looks like it was built by someone who knew the source material, and knew exactly what they were aiming at RPG wise. I'll stare at it tomorrow until my brain unlocks the secret mysteries of the SpeedWeedAcidEcstacyRune.

I am...not great at game design. But like many people I've met in this hobby, I love to tinker, to house-rule, to take mechanical bits and bobs I like from this game and tack them on to to that game.

And, no game is perfect for my tastes.

So, I like BRP as a concept (I had a lot of fun with 1st edition Stormbringer back in the day). I like Mythras...sort of. I like Mythras Imperative a bit better.

But I'm still looking for the BRP lego blocks that I can put together for my personal "BRP" house system.

So, if you drop acid, take a big mouthful of 'shrooms, read this game, and find the secrets of a transcendental BRP, please do share! :thumbsup:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back