Star Trek: Discovery

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
From a strong start, this one is just falling apart. I am currently debating if I want ti finish out the a season.

I thought the reveal was quite good, and spooky.

There were some good things about it. The fact it ended with so much screaming certainly feeds well into the long sections of non-verbal action in The Return as well.

And then they'll retcon the whole series into oblivion when Burnham's mother completes her mission and goes back to reunite with Michael, thus ensuring she never has to live on Vulcan and so Spock has no idea who she is anyway. Hooray!

Bizarre

And then they'll retcon the whole series into oblivion when Burnham's mother completes her mission and goes back to reunite with Michael, thus ensuring she never has to live on Vulcan and so Spock has no idea who she is anyway. Hooray!

Bizarre

Well that’s pure speculation so perhaps wait til it happens before you worry about it.

Star Trek Discovery ranks low on the list of things I worry about.

Suffice it to say the producers have admitted the continuity of trek, insofar as their show is concerned, will be addressed. Whether youthink it needs addressing is another question

It was resolved, rather hamfistedly, but that wasn't unexpected.

Season three is a maybe for me. Of course I've said it before and keep watching, so there is that.

Also...
Whatever material the blast door is made from, they just need to build entire ships with nothing but that stuff. Being able to stand not ten feet from a photon torpedo blast and not even scorch the window and make the person on the far side completely safe, even from the shock wave? Why wouldn't you?

Technically a ship in Star Trek can survive many photon torpedo hits without shields because of their structural integrity fields... however, Splosions are cool! so boom boom.

Technically a ship in Star Trek can survive many photon torpedo hits without shields because of their structural integrity fields... however, Splosions are cool! so boom boom.

The admiral didn't have to die because they could have used one of those repair drones to pull the level. But hey, why use the technology you have on hand to spoil a pointless death?

Shields in star trek are useless

Very nice touch in the closing credits, the way they brought in and blended the original Star Trek theme with Discovery's.

Wow... just watched the finale... wow.
Some stuff was a bit forced though. A little overacting on some of them.

I've enjoyed this series of Discovery. I'm glad it got renewed for a third, because it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. But it did give a nod towards resolving certain continuity issues that have been mentioned in the past.

Indeed. I'm a pretty hard core trekky and hated... Nay... Loathed... Season 1 klingons. Im a bit better with them now.
Im honestly cool with some continuity changes in stuff like set design and uniforms. Recreating 60s anachronism is a step backwards and jarring.
The new enterprise set is beautiful.

Indeed. I'm a pretty hard core trekky and hated... Nay... Loathed... Season 1 klingons. Im a bit better with them now.
Im honestly cool with some continuity changes in stuff like set design and uniforms. Recreating 60s anachronism is a step backwards and jarring.
The new enterprise set is beautiful.
The new Enterprise interior, and especially the bridge, are gorgeous. I love the way they've blended the modern and the 60s looks on the consoles.

The new Enterprise interior, and especially the bridge, are gorgeous. I love the way they've blended the modern and the 60s looks on the consoles.
I haven't been watching this show, but based on the stills that I have seen online, the Enterprise set is fantastic. It's an update that still warms the part of my heart that loves the original series.

I haven't been watching this show, but based on the stills that I have seen online, the Enterprise set is fantastic. It's an update that still warms the part of my heart that loves the original series.
Thats a good way of putting it.
Sound effects of tos are also mixed in.
Season 2 does more right than wrong imo.

Make sure to watch the Short Treks first before season 2. They set up a lot of it.

Thats a good way of putting it.
Sound effects of tos are also mixed in.
Season 2 does more right than wrong imo.

***SPOILERISH***

Some of my favourite moments in the finale were when the Enterprise was taking fire and they were doing the shaky-cam-everyone-on-the-bridge-lean-left-then-right thing (is there a technical term for it?). Made me smile :smile:

***SPOILERISH***

Some of my favourite moments in the finale were when the Enterprise was taking fire and they were doing the shaky-cam-everyone-on-the-bridge-lean-left-then-right thing (is there a technical term for it?). Made me smile :smile:
The Shatner Tango?

Is he wearing a suit and tie? the fuck?

Trailer was pretty crappy. If all the backstory is off screen stuff we've never seen then that's a mistake.

Trailer was pretty crappy. If all the backstory is off screen stuff we've never seen then that's a mistake.
It can be unfolded as the story goes on. I trust Patrick Stewart. He says its a worthy enough script to return to a role he swore off of, so thats all I need to know.

It can be unfolded as the story goes on. I trust Patrick Stewart. He says its a worthy enough script to return to a role he swore off of, so thats all I need to know.
or....MONEY!

I'm sure it'll be entertaining. Hopefully the bus will accept his OAP travelcard, they seem to be very fussy these days.

It's just a teaser. I'm sure that there will be a new, better trailer in a few months.

It's just a teaser. I'm sure that there will be a new, better trailer in a few months.
Yeah, I think its a crap trailer with a heavy-handed and poorly delivered voice-over, but its probably not even put together by people working on the show. It's a bit early to pass judgment on the thing.

or....MONEY!

I'm sure it'll be entertaining. Hopefully the bus will accept his OAP travelcard, they seem to be very fussy these days.
Lol. I dont think Patrick Stewart is hard up for cash. I stand firmly behind my statement.

The comment section in the trailer was pretty funny. Probably better than the series.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back