Star Wars IX/Indiana Jones Release Dates Announced

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode IX and Next Indiana Jones Get Release Dates
Find out when the two highly-anticipated films will hit theaters.
The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

I'm kind of amazed how far out they schedule these movies, especially considering the ages of some of the actors involved. God bless, Harrison Ford, he'll be over 75 in 2020, if I'm not mistaken.

Holy crap. "Indiana Jones and the Search for Affordable Arthritis Pills".

Hopefully they ditch Shia The Boof for this one.

Really looking forward to the new Prometheus sequel/Alien Prequel myself.

It's strange that The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are December releases, but the untitled Episode IX is set for a May release. I have to believe they will end up pushing it back to December.

Hopefully they ditch Shia The Boof for this one.

You know, setting aside his personal issues, I don't think he was really one of the things that was wrong with that movie. Sure he could have benefited from better directing and better scenes to be in, but they all could have.

You know, setting aside his personal issues, I don't think he was really one of the things that was wrong with that movie. Sure he could have benefited from better directing and better scenes to be in, but they all could have.

There was lots wrong with the film that were nothing to do with Shia, and honestly my personal issues with him have nothing to do with that film, but mainly I was annoyed at the way they were pushing him as a spin-off character, or a younger character to take over the reigns.

They should have went with the rumored Atlantis treatment over that alien garbage Lucasfilm peddled with the last one. It was so in-your-face. I have a hard time believing Spielberg thought that was a good idea.

Spielberg is easy to sell on aliens I think. And I kinda got what they were trying to do, if the films are treated as "books" within a long series of pulp novels like Doc Sampson and such. The first few films would be early in the series, the latest film was more like #157 in the series, when hack ghost writers had taken over and the new "50s" elements were added in to replace the 30s and 40s era myths. But then you have Shia swinging on vines like Tarzan and I'm like "how did anyone think this was a good idea?" But then, I'm struggling to remember the last time Lucas or Spielberg made a good film...

God bless, Harrison Ford, he'll be over 75 in 2020, if I'm not mistaken.

What if they are planning to digitally de-age him for this installment and go back to an earlier adventure? The Lucasfilms people probably feel that technology is just about ready for a really big showcase given what we saw in Rogue One.

The technology is already there. Industrial Light & Magic de-aged Robert Downey Jr. in Civil War. It was only a minute or two though. I'm not sure how viable the cost would be to do two hours. As an aside, Kathleen Kennedy, head of Lucasfilm, has already said Carrie Fisher will not appear in Episode IX, real or CGI.

I just hope that they go with the cinematic style of the original three. The colors were more... vibrant (like an homage to Technicolor)?

Crystal Skull felt blurry and washed out somehow. It didn't "feel" like an Indiana Jones movie (although a couple of scenes felt close).

I'm not sure, but I think that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull may have been shot digitally instead of on traditional film. I do think that digital has come a long way in the last ten years though. The next one should definitely look better, if nothing else.

Sony announced date for Masters of the Universe film

movie-mcg-He-Man-masters-677x381.jpg

I can only hope the visuals resembles those mini-comics that came with the original action figures. Those were awesome.

I just read that David Goyer is writing the script. Best known for writing the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back