[Star Wars] Obi-Wan Movie In The Works

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Ewan is coming back for another round.

With Disney’s untitled Han Solo “Star Wars” standalone film approaching the finish line, Disney is now looking to tell the story of another iconic character in a galaxy far, far away.

Sources tell Variety that Disney is in early development on a film centered on Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi and is in talks with “Billy Elliot’s” Stephen Daldry to direct.

The character appeared in the first six “Star Wars” films, first played by Alec Guinness in Episodes 4-6 and then by Ewan McGregor in Episodes 1-3. Kenobi is best known as the Jedi master who first trained Anakin Skywalker, who would later turn to the dark side and became Darth Vader. Kenobi would then go on to train Skywalker’s son Luke before falling to Vader in “Star Wars: A New Hope.”...

I am entirely in favor of letting Ewan MacGregor play Obi-Wan in another movie. He and Ian McDiarmid seemed the only ones that weren't defeated by Lucas' direction on the prequels. He is only going to be better with another 15 years behind him.

Ewan has always been a very good ambassador for Star Wars. He never trashed the prequels, he always enjoyed Star Wars related questions, and he was always up for doing another movie (or three as he even suggested himself). He did an exceptional job in his role as a younger Obi-Wan, not only mimicking Alec Guiness at times, but adding his own nuances to the role. He is literally the only choice to play the role at this point.

As an aside, I usually watch A New Hope for Alec Guiness more than anything these days. Best part of the movie for me and he's my favorite actor in Star Wars.

I swear, if it involves cyborg-spider-Maul, I'll be done with these blasted Star Wars...

Mail was killed off in Rebels by Kenobi so i doubt they will rehash that.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back