Stay Frosty II - Hitching a ride

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Does it look like there would still be a chance of fatality after coming down from the drug?

Also, do we have any of the regular combat drugs left?

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
Raúl's mistrust pays off once again. Security monitors at the office display the engineering deck they're currently on, as well as tracking pipes and power lines across the ship. Several power lines on decks 1 and 2 are shown as damaged. Some on Deck 3 are currently being ripped up. Something is digging its way down.
I'm cursed with my mistrust never being paranoia, I think. Then I tell everyone, "Something's digging its way down through the decks! Everybody be ready to fight. I suggest we follow Plan B and let this thing jump into the sun while we take another route--if there is one--back to the strike sphere so we're gone when something gets here. Let's leave some booby traps behind as a friendly greeting."

Smith

Reaction score
OOC: If LT lets us know about the incoming threat, I will do what I can to set up some safe explosive traps in the zone where the breach is likely to occur.
OOC: per the edit, Griff will instead focus on getting that simulation going as best as he can.

"
LT, I cannae in good faith follow that order. We could be sendin' the whole universe into ruin! It'll only take me twenty minutes to ken the outcome. Can we try to hold out for a brief 20??"

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
I ready my rocket launcher for whatever is coming our way.

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Nobody would die it appears from your test.

Regular drugs are luckily still in full supply at d6 due to Ling's careful application of them

Dumarest

Reaction score
OOC: per the edit, Griff will instead focus on getting that simulation going as best as he can.

"
LT, I cannae in good faith follow that order. We could be sendin' the whole universe into ruin! It'll only take me twenty minutes to ken the outcome. Can we try to hold out for a brief 20??"
I grin, nod affirmatively, and reply in song:
tumblr_ms1mvkqETR1r7powqo1_r1_250.gif

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
"Okay, I've run the sim-test on the experimental drugs they gave me," Ling informs the others through her comm. "Good news, none of us should die once it wears off. Like I said earlier, this stuff is basically your regular combat drugs squared. We'll all be enhanced, physically and mentally. In addition to that, Potter should benefit from extremely enhanced endurance and resilience, and my strength will be likewise enhanced. On the flip side, Potter and I will be the ones to crash the hardest when it wears off... we'll both be pretty useless at that point."

"It's the Lieutenant's call if we use them at all, and then each of you would also have to give your individual approval before I administer it to you. Remember, I only have three doses of this stuff. Also, I still have a supply of the standard combat drugs."

Dumarest

Reaction score
"We're all probably going to die, either ignominiously and uselessly or as glorious saviors of the universe, so what harm is there in loading up on drugs first?"

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
"We're all probably going to die, either ignominiously and uselessly or as glorious saviors of the universe, so what harm is there in loading up on drugs first?"
"So which three of us do you want to pick for this," Ling asks, "and who's the odd man out?"

Dumarest

Reaction score
"So which three of us do you want to pick for this," Ling asks, "and who's the odd man out?"
OOC: Do we need Ling available to do whatever we're doing if we survive? If so, we shouldn't let her take drugs and crash when we need her skills. If that's not an issue, we can draw straws.

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
OOC: I don't think you'll be needing any special medical attention once the drug wears off, beyond the sort of crash you get from the regular combat drugs.

Remember that Potter and Ling will be getting extra benefits from the experimental drug, which will hopefully prove useful in whatever final fight we have to deal with before getting the hell out of here.

Also, this drug
is experimental, so it would be a bit hypocritical for her to say it's safe while not sharing in any risks.

Finally, if you think Ling is going to let you three enjoy the
really good drugs without letting her sample same, you clearly haven't been paying attention to Ling's character. :hehe:

Dumarest

Reaction score
OOC: I think I've lost track of what different drugs we have to choose from. What do we have, and how many doses of each? (Not counting Ling's private stash of party drugs.)

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
OOC: Two types of drugs:
  1. The regular drugs which are still at the full amount of d6. Regular ones give an advantage when working and leave you disadvantaged after they wear off.
  2. Ling's special experimental drugs. Haven't been used yet and only have 3 doses. These give an advantage and improve stats. They also give Potter increased health and Ling massively increased strength.
    When they wear off Griff and Raúl would be disadvantaged and with lower stats.
    Ling and Potter will be so weak that they can just about walk and talk, no combat ability.

Smith

Reaction score
"Aye, if I'm able to stomach one of the harder pops then sure, I'll no mind taking it." Griff says, absentmindedly reloading his weapons as he focuses on the sim's screen.

Dumarest

Reaction score
"Okay, let's all pop the regular drugs as soon as necessary to make sure they're in our system before the electric turds are on us. Can we take the experimental ones at the same time?"

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
"Okay, let's all pop the regular drugs as soon as necessary to make sure they're in our system before the electric turds are on us. Can we take the experimental ones at the same time?"
OOC: Ling would know the answer is yes

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Ling administers the standard combat drugs to herself and the others.

Turning to Rodríguez, she holds the experimental drugs. "Alright, which of us get to be temporary demigods?"

Dumarest

Reaction score
"You three take the experimental drugs and everyone takes the usual juice."

Smith

Reaction score
OOC: If Potter and Ling are gonna be useless after taking the drugs, shouldn't one of them not take it?

Dumarest

Reaction score
OOC: If Potter and Ling are gonna be useless after taking the drugs, shouldn't one of them not take it?
That's what I asked way back when:
OOC: Do we need Ling available to do whatever we're doing if we survive? If so, we shouldn't let her take drugs and crash when we need her skills. If that's not an issue, we can draw straws.
My understanding is that was not the case:
OOC: I don't think you'll be needing any special medical attention once the drug wears off, beyond the sort of crash you get from the regular combat drugs.

Remember that Potter and Ling will be getting extra benefits from the experimental drug, which will hopefully prove useful in whatever final fight we have to deal with before getting the hell out of here.

Smith

Reaction score
OOC: Ah, I see, I was getting a little confused. I thought that after the fight the two of them would be walking zombies that we'd need to carry out!