Stay Frosty II - Hitching a ride

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
"Well, you're the one with the flamethrower," Ling retorts.

She then adds, "Admittedly, the gas was only emitted in the footage we saw when those uglies were punching someone to death, which I'm guessing we'd like to avoid. Still, they may not take too well to extreme heat in general."
Once @Séadna tells us how the flamethrower worked out, we should know more:
"Cover that corridor!" I shout as I turn my flamethrower on Griff's dance partner. "Kill anything that moves, Potter!"
:clown:
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
As Raúl eyes the corpse he doused with napalm he does notice a slight swelling near the elbows.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
The group waits a while, but nothing seems to approach them down any corridor.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
If they have all the boogeymen covered, I'll try to see if I can get the maintenance hatch open with my tools.
Raúl hacks into the keypad with his toolkit. Rewiring it carefully it springs open. However Raúl perseveres and manages to notice a pattern in the circuit wiring and figures out a simple cracking algorithm to open any similar lock across the ship.

[Double Crit!:ooh:]
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
'We moving out?' I call.
I want to see what happens with those creepy crawlies at the corridors. If they're still hanging around it might be best not to let them form a group if we can bottleneck one at a time. Any ideas? Also, we should try to figure out where we can go instead of running blind, no?
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
4,192
Reaction score
5,391
I settle in to wait. A solider's life is 90 percent boredom, 10 percent terror.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
Finally footsteps are heard making their way down the two o'clock corridor. Six of the xenos tear their way toward the ballroom, two running on the walls.

Potter fires on the two wall beasts with a precise spray that rips open their prongs and sends them tumbling to the ground. The remaining four pour into the room. Two head for Griff and two for Potter.

Griff downs one of those headed for him and fortunately Ling reacts fast enough to shoot the other one as it exits the corridor and a second time just before it reaches Griff. The beasts collapses dead and knocks into Griff hard enough to throw off his aim at one of Potter's foes.

Potter then sees two nine foot monstrosities bear over him. Limbs lash out at with shocking force, but he quickly rolls to the side.

While this happens Raúl hears more approach from the six o'clock corridor. His flame thrower hits one head on causing its body to swell and burst at the joints and create a wall of flame at the corridor exit. Five more of the beasts pace behind the wall of flame waiting for it to recede. They screech something at the two attacking Potter, who respond with a high pitched twitching of their prongs.

[Basic set up: Two in ballroom focused on Potter, Five pacing behind Raúl's wall of fire waiting to come in]
 

Smith

Active Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
64
"Shite! They bloody waited fer reinforcements." Griff tries to collect himself as quickly as he can to save Potter, and shoot one of his aggressors.
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
"Motherfucker!" exclaims Ling as she also fires at one of the pair of walking nightmares attacking Potter.
 
Last edited:

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
While this happens Raúl hears more approach from the six o'clock corridor. His flame thrower hits one head on causing its body to swell and burst at the joints and create a wall of flame at the corridor exit. Five more of the beasts pace behind the wall of flame waiting for it to recede.
"Keep pacing, cabrones!" I shout as I switch to my rifle and fire on them through the wall of flame. "¡Chúpalo, hijos de puta!"
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
4,192
Reaction score
5,391
I run for cover shooting blindly behind me.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
Potter fires on his opponent, but the shot goes wild, as does Griff and Ling's. Fortunately Potter dodges back and forth with some quick jumps to avoid the piston like blows of the Xenos.

When Raúl takes out his rifle a bolt of lightning fires out from behind the wall of flames and knocks the gun clean from his hand.

The beasts then run through the flame, though they slow once they the do, unsteady on their feet. Four converge on Raúl, who dodges each blow with the skill of a professional boxer. One blow almost hits him dead in the jaw but for a last second tilt of the head.

The fifth beast attempts to ram Ling and knock her from her feet. The impact sends her flying across the room into the console. She hears the sizzling of electronics as she recovers. She sees her assailant dig its legs into the ground for another charge.

[Unfortunately you lads got terrible rolls. Seven beasts now in the room. Two still focused on Potter, Four slowed and sluggish from the fire on Raúl and one about to charge Ling. Ling lost 4HP of 8]
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
OOC: do I stll have my rifle in my hands, or did I drop it when I got llinebackered? Also, did I take any damage?
 

Smith

Active Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
64
"Aw fuckin' hell!" He spins and sees how the enemy have broken through the wall of fire, and watches in horror as Ling is flung across the room. Griff feels panic setting in, and grits his teeth to try and fight through it, forcing himself to remain in the moment. He begins to yell indiscriminate curses to try and get her assailant's attention, whilst shooting at the bugger. "COME FOR ME YE GREAT BIG FORK HEADED BASTARD."
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
Vaguely aware and grateful that her armor and helmet had probably saved her life, Ling tries to steady her hands as she takes aim, firing a burst through gritted teeth at the monstrosity before her.

OOC: if Griff manages to kill the one who hit me, she will aim at another XT target.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
I grab my rifle and go through the maintenance hatch, shouting, "Let's bug out and lock this behind us!"
 

Smith

Active Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
64
OOC: Can Potter / Ling make it out? I will do what I can to cover them to get to the hatch. I agree that we seem kinda fucked :tongue:
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
4,192
Reaction score
5,391
I move towards the hatch.

Do I have any grenades or something similar?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
Ling fires at her assailant. The shots land, they're not enough to take it down but they cause it to veer off course and slam into the console to her left. She stands and runs.

Griff misses his shot trying to cover Potter, but is clear to make it to the maintenance hatch.

Raúl swings under the blows of all four of his foes and enters the hatch with no problem.

When all three get to the hatch they turn to see Potter dodge one hit before the one of the Xenos drives its Prongs into his chest. Potter grits his teeth as a strong current runs through his body, but elbows the beast in one of it prong-mouths and legs it to the hatch.

All four marines get in and Raúl shuts the hatch and quickly applies the lock code. Two magnetic locks turn on and seal them in. They can hear their enemies beating on the hatch, but for now they can't get through.

The maintence shaft they find themselves is lightly lit, but becomes pitch black about 200 feet ahead.

[Potter lost 3HP down to 14HP]
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
OOC: how much time will it take to use the medkit to try to heal Potter and myself?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
OOC: how much time will it take to use the medkit to try to heal Potter and myself?
OOC: About two minutes for each use of the medkit. Each application heals 1d10 and I'll roll on the ammo dice to see if the medkit gets depleted each time.
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
"Is that hatch gonna hold?" Ling asks. "Or do we need some more distance before I start patching up Potter?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
"Best patch him now or he's liable to slow us down," I say. "Then we skedaddle. Griff, let's you and I see what we have while Ling deals with Potter. Maybe we can use some satchel charges and set a booby trap on the hatch so it blows those electric turds to kingdom come if they get through."
 

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
320
Ling gets out her medkit and begins to administer to Potter's injury. If time allows she will then take something to help with her own bruised and possibly cracked ribs.
 

Smith

Active Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
64
"Aye sir, but bear in mind it's me only stick of the 'splosives. Command wouldnae lemme take more than one due tae equipment shortages." He rubs his stubbled chin for a moment. "I could jerry-rig a wee booby-trap if I had grenades. Might be enough to scare the buggers off if ... when they break through?"

OOC: I don't think anyone has any 'nades, so Griff will create the uber-trap if ordered to by LT. Unrelated: Do we have flashlights as part of our kit?
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
"Aye sir, but bear in mind it's me only stick of the 'splosives. Command wouldnae lemme take more than one due tae equipment shortages." He rubs his stubbled chin for a moment. "I could jerry-rig a wee booby-trap if I had grenades. Might be enough to scare the buggers off if ... when they break through?"

OOC: I don't think anyone has any 'nades, so Griff will create the uber-trap if ordered to by LT. Unrelated: Do we have flashlights as part of our kit?
OOC: Rifles have a flashlight you can turn on
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
I turn on my weapon-mounted tactical flashlight so we can get a better look at what lurks down the way.
61bQ23XRFoL__SL1478_.jpg
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
Ling gets out her medkit and begins to administer to Potter's injury. If time allows she will then take something to help with her own bruised and possibly cracked ribs.
The nanonic paste is an electric blue as it emerges guided from its tube. Ling guides the army of little robots into the bloodstreams of Potter and herself. Bones are reconstituted, blood vessels sealed and muscles repaired in quick order. Unfortunately a good bit of the paste is consumed in the process of healing Potter due to a complex fracture.

[Roll on Potter decreased Medkit from d8 supply to d6]
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
The nanonic paste is an electric blue as it emerges guided from its tube. Ling guides the army of little robots into the bloodstreams of Potter and herself. Bones are reconstituted, blood vessels sealed and muscles repaired in quick order. Unfortunately a good bit of the paste is consumed in the process of healing Potter due to a complex fracture.

[Roll on Potter decreased Medkit from d8 supply to d6]
Can we wire something with items from my toolkit and some grenades so that it will explode if the hatch is opened without the code being entered? If so, let's do that and move away from here. If not, let's get out of here with eyes on our six.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
Can we wire something with items from my toolkit and some grenades so that it will explode if the hatch is opened without the code being entered? If so, let's do that and move away from here. If not, let's get out of here with eyes on our six.
OOC: I'd say you could wire something like that using either the satchel, Potter's LAW rocket or a canister of your flame thrower. The latter would reduce the flame thrower's ammo from d6 to d4. LAW and Satchel are single use so that would be it. Satchel blast is slightly more powerful than LAW.
 

Smith

Active Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
64
"I can tell ya right now LT that I am always eager to blow some shite up." Griff grins in the low-light.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
8,691
Reaction score
13,996
Well, the flamethrower may be important to keep at maximum as long as possible given their reaction to the wall of flame, so let's put it to a vote: rocket or satchel for the booby trap?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,402
I turn on my weapon-mounted tactical flashlight so we can get a better look at what lurks down the way.
As Raúl's flashlight illuminates the passage the group can see that the maintenance shaft intersects another running parallel to it about 300 feet away. They can also see there are signs indicating where each passage leads, but the writing cannot be read from where they stand.
 
Top