Stay Frosty II - Hitching a ride

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Griff nods, and moves with Potter, but staying clear of any back-blast from the rocket. Griff grips his rifle tight to provide some suppressive fire.

Potter's rocket flies down the corridor. Suddenly in midair, just before the lobby, it detonates. Blowing out part of the walls and exposing electric systems in the roof.

As the smoke clears Potter sees a strange multicoloured shimmer run through the air, slowly coalescing into a terrible shape: A large purple carapaced beast. Ten arms in total, two now blown off. All end in three sharp claws, though the lowest pair are being used to furiously write on what seems to be a stone tablet. One hand holding the tablet, the other scratching symbols on it. The creature has a lean tall torso giving the impression of two chests. Strange symbols cover its whole body, red in colour. The head is a set of six of the prongs the others possessed.

Griff pelts the creature with bullets, it stumbles a bit as if pained. Then all remaining hands, save that holding the tablet, begin to glow red hot...

Ling opens fire on the creature with her assault rifle, even as her curiosity is piqued by the actions of the creature regarding the stone tablet.

I duck for cover and reload the RPG and will fire again as soon as it is ready. 'Grenades!' I call out to Griff.

"Aye, although ah no think they'll fush him much!" Griff complies and lobs some nades down the corridor to hold back the beastie.

Griff tosses the grenade which bounces down the corridor almost appearing to be in slow motion to him as he watches with trepidation.
It lands at the beasts feet as it charges toward them. A fireball erupts, bringing down more of the ceiling, enough for some of the upper level to fall through. Griff and the others see a large mainframe server land in the hall.

There's a few moments of silence before the beast leaps out of the smoke and debris, badly hurt but still running.

Raúl and Ling manage decent hits as it closes on them, each blowing off another arm. When it finally reaches the group it lashes out with red hot talons.

Ling manages to evade the strikes but sees one claw reach out and grab Griff by the face and slam him through a wall into one of the bedrooms. Griff yells in pain as the talons have branded his face with their heat. It then picks up Raúl and tosses him down the corridor, sending him tumbling into the lobby where he crashes against an elevator door.

Potter just manages to reload the RPG and fires, but the beast hammers the ground with its feet, shaking Potter off balance. He fires the rocket right into the roof at close range.

In the lobby Raúl sees the explosion....

OOC: Potter got a fumble on the RPG

Ling comes to coughing. Dust in the air fills her lungs as she wakes with a piece of masonry on her legs. Her back is a bit hurt from the fall but her armour took the brunt of it. Looking around she sees she is in a kitchen mostly destroyed from the floor above falling in on it.

Strange little worm like creatures, three in total, squirm along the floor near her. They're about the size of a pig. One rears its head to look at her, but doesn't approach

OOC: Only 2HP lost, down to 6HP

Griff feels the floor collapse in on itself as the bedroom he's been thrown into comes apart from the blast.

He falls and bracing himself for impact finds himself suddenly under water struggling for breath though it cools the burns on his face.

The water is cloudy from the debris but can still make out the surface from where he is

OOC: 4 Health lost, down to 2HP

Raúl straightens himself in the lobby from where he can now see the entire corridor has fallen in, taking many of the guest rooms that lined it with it.

The smoke and debris are quite heavy, though he can make out that the lower floor has four rooms. Only the one closest to him is visible. A long metal walkway with steaming vats of green liquid flanking it. Jumping down would risk breaking his legs, but might be possible.

The lobby itself contains two elevators, as well as a large set of lacquer green double doors with Scheherazade's Tales, El cuento mil y dos de Scheherazade and names in some other languages he can't read on a plaque outside.

His back is bruised and aching, but he feels he can carry on.

OOC: 5HP lost, down to 7HP

Potter wakes slowly. His vision blurred and his ears ring...

He finds himself pinned to the ground by some masonry and fallen wooden planks forming a shelter almost. He can also make out the sloshing and splashing of water nearby. For some reason the air feels incredibly warm.

Looking to his right he sees his foe crushed under masonry like himself. Obviously weakened and with some of the prongs gone, it struggles to push masonry off itself and lets out low pitched moans.

Looking down Potter sees his stomach has been impaled by the talons of one of the creature's severed arms.

OOC: 10HP lost, down to 7HP

Shit, Ling thinks to herself as she tried to get her bearings, things just went sideways real fast.

Without making any sudden movements, she will try to ascertain if she can see Potter, Griff, the Lieutenant, and/or the civilian woman amidst the debris. She also wants to make certain that she hasn't lost her assault rifle during the recent chaos.

Griff feels the floor collapse in on itself as the bedroom he's been thrown into comes apart from the blast.

He falls and bracing himself for impact finds himself suddenly under water struggling for breath though it cools the burns on his face.

The water is cloudy from the debris but can still make out the surface from where he is

OOC: 4 Health lost, down to 2HP
"Blubb-bl-bl" Griff lets out a spurt of air and bubbles in shock before his training kicks in. He immediately swims to the surface to get his bearings.

Raúl straightens himself in the lobby from where he can now see the entire corridor has fallen in, taking many of the guest rooms that lined it with it.

The smoke and debris are quite heavy, though he can make out that the lower floor has four rooms. Only the one closest to him is visible. A long metal walkway with steaming vats of green liquid flanking it. Jumping down would risk breaking his legs, but might be possible.

The lobby itself contains two elevators, as well as a large set of lacquer green double doors with Scheherazade's Tales, El cuento mil y dos de Scheherazade and names in some other languages he can't read on a plaque outside.

His back is bruised and aching, but he feels he can carry on.

OOC: 5HP lost, down to 7HP
"I told those dumb shits looking for survivors first was a bad idea," mutters Raúl. "Hmm...I seem to see a long metal walkway with steaming vats of green liquid down there. Fuck that, I'm not breaking my legs jumping down there. Scheherazade's it is." I unlimber my flamethrower and kick the double doors open, ready to kill anything that looks hostile. If there are no enemies to kill, I'll carefully inspect the interior to see what's what.

I take my rifle and shoot the beastie in the head until it stops moving

As Ling looks around the kitchen she sees nobody else until one of the worms moves a bit exposing a hand emerging from a pile of rubble. The knuckles look gnawed on.

Griff swims upward, but just as he breaks the surface and catches a breath a heavy wardrobe falls into the water from above. He manages to notice it coming and dives under in time so it only hits him after it hits the water as opposed to straight on the head, but it drags him to the bottom where he is trapped against the tiled floor.

OOC: Really unlucky roll!

As Raúl kicks open the doors he is greeted by Syrian music coming through damaged speakers.

The lounge itself is completely intact. There is a bar on the left as he enters with two untouched cocktails still on the counter. The rest of the lounge is mostly several low tables with pillows and carpets strewn around them for seating. Arabic writing adorns the walls. There also seems to be a door at the back with a sweet apple like smell coming from it. He can't see much through the back door's circular window.

As Potter shoots the beast it makes a low cooing sound and with great effort of will tosses the tablet in his direction before dying.

OOC: So am I fucked then?

OOC: Might be able to push it off (Brawn roll) or if you can think of any other way to get it off go ahead

As Raúl kicks open the doors he is greeted by Syrian music coming through damaged speakers.

The lounge itself is completely intact. There is a bar on the left as he enters with two untouched cocktails still on the counter. The rest of the lounge is mostly several low tables with pillows and carpets strewn around them for seating. Arabic writing adorns the walls. There also seems to be a door at the back with a sweet apple like smell coming from it. He can't see much through the back door's circular window.
If there's anything I can use to secure the door through which I came, I'll use it. Then I'll sniff at the cocktails to see if they seem in any way abnormal. I will neither touch nor imbibe the liquid. Then I'll kick open the rear door with my flamethrower ready to spurt holy hell on anything unfriendly.

OOC: Guess i'll have to brute my way thru!

Keeping the assault rifle between her and the slug, Ling will try to quietly move some of the rubble, enough so as to try to identify the corpse.

OOC: it's not listed under equipment, but do we have some sort of communicators? If so, could I send a text to the others to find out where they are?

I yell out for the others and yell that it is dead. Tend to my wounds.

Griff pushes with all his might against the wardrobe, limbs burning in pain. He pushes it off just as he feels the air leaving his lungs. He struggles to the surface and bursts through heaving in lungfuls of air and manages to pull himself out of the water barely fit to move.

OOC: Temp 1HP reduction for extreme stamina drain

He sees now he lies next to a swimming pool. Suddenly he hears Potter's voice coming from what looks like a crushed sauna at the other end of the pool. He can't see Potter beneath the debris, but he can make out the lower limbs of their alien foe.

Last edited:
The worms scuttle out of the way of Ling, but stare at her rifle with narrowed eyes.

Digging through the rubble reveals the body is that of Delphine, the woman she had treated

OOC: Yeah that's perfectly fine

Raúl kicks open the door into what seems to be a small kitchen. Pots and pans hang all over the cramped room which could barely fit four people. One pot is brewing with a tea kettle beside it on an electric stove, the sweet apple smell is clearly coming from it.

However the more unusual feature is a single man sitting in a meditative pose in the middle of the kitchen. Late 20s Raúl would guess, dark hair, Italian looking. He's wearing only a pair of red shorts.

He doesn't react to Raúl's intrusion.

Last edited:
"Oi, Potter, you're no dead are ya?" Griff eventually says, between hacking coughs as his lungs re-adjust. "Did ye kill the big bugger?" He gets up and sees if he can find a way to move through the debris to Potter.

Raúl kicks open the door into what seems to be a small kitchen. Pots and pans hang all over the cramped room which could barely fit four people. One pot is brewing with a tea kettle beside it on an electric stove, the sweet apple smell is clearly coming from it.
However the more unusual feature is a single man sitting in a meditative pose in the middle of the kitchen. Late 20s Raúl would guess, dark hair, Italian looking. He's wearing only a pair of red shorts.
He doesn't react to Raúl's intrusion.
First I turn off the stove. Then I switch to my rifle, the barrel of which I use to prod the man, keeping it turned on him with my finger ready to pull the trigger if he so much as breathes funny. “Wake up, sleepy bones,” I say. “If you’re psionic and any of those monsters come this way, I’m putting a dozen rounds through your brain.”

Griff manages to lift the debris surrounding Potter quickly enough. They're both greeted with rough images.

Potter sees that Griff's face is badly burned, a vaguely claw shaped region of melted flesh running from his right eye to his chin. There's very little left of his nose and the exposed flesh of his arms and legs is heavily bruised

Potter on the other hand is implaed in the stomach by one of the creature's arms, the talons dug in enough to emerge out the back. No normal person could survive that. Clearly Potter had been given gene-op treatment back at HQ.

Last edited:
The man opens his eyes slowly as if in a daze, smirking slightly...

"You back so..."

Then he becomes acutely aware that a stranger stands over him with a gun. He falls back onto his ass and crawls up against the cabinets.

"I...I'm psionic man...but I..." he looks Raúl up and down "..fuck are you military? Look don't put a bullet in my skull please!"

The man opens his eyes slowly as if in a daze, smirking slightly...

"You back so..."

Then he becomes acutely aware that a stranger stands over him with a gun. He falls back onto his ass and crawls up against the cabinets.

"I...I'm psionic man...but I..." he looks Raúl up and down "..fuck are you military? Look don't put a bullet in my skull please!"
"Escúchame, cabrón, and listen good. You have three chances to tell me who you were talking to and why you were smirking, and the first two don't count. I've got a license to kill and I've already got enough evidence that you psionic creeps are part of the problem aboard this ship, so you'd better give me a good reason not to solve that problem right now with my .950 caliber solution. Speak now!"

OOC: Also tell the owner his establishment should be called El mil y segundo cuento de Scheherazade!

"Okay look, I've been here..." he begins, but Raúl smells the trace of ozone that often precedes a psionic attack....

OOC: You won the initiative quick draw, so react as you wish

"Okay look, I've been here..." he begins, but Raúl smells the trace of ozone that often precedes a psionic attack....

OOC: You won the initiative quick draw, so react as you wish
I blow his brains out.

“You had your chance, cabrón.”

Then I look around the room for anything that looks out of place.

Last edited:
While continuing to hold the rifle in her right hand, she sends a quick text message to Raul, Griff, and Porter:

Where's is everyone's location? I'm in what used to be the kitchen. Delphine's dead. Giant worms in here the size of a pig, maybe intelligent to some degree?

’We’re lucky to be alive fugger,’ I say, cough and spit a loogie of blood. ‘Hopefully Ling and Raul survived as well. Where in the blazes is the Delphine broad?’

I slowly stand, reload and look around to decide where to go next.

Everybody's Comms display a message from Ling:
Where's is everyone's location? I'm in what used to be the kitchen. Delphine's dead. Giant worms in here the size of a pig, maybe intelligent to some degree?

His skull bursts at this close of a range, plastering the cabinet.

Raúl looks about and notices a keycard in his pocket marked "Elevators".

Looking around Potter clearly sees that the structure he was trapped in used to be a sauna. The room also contains a swimming pool now full of debris and wiring from the floor above. Beside the pool the lounging chairs have been broken by the collapsing material from above.

The sauna sits at the top end of the pool and there is an exit on the wall just behind it. Another exit is across the room on the other side of the pool. This is clearly the pool from camera 1B back in the security room.

I ignore the message for now while I search both rooms for anything interesting. If there's nothing else notable in my location, I still ignore the comm and warily head to the lobby and use the keycard to open the elevator doors--I keep my rifle ready to shoot anything inside. If nothing is inside, I'll check any control panel or buttons for labels that might provide identification of where the elevator ascends/descends to from here, for instance the bridge or the drive room. I'll also check to see if it's functional.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back