Stay Frosty II - Hitching a ride

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Does it look like there would still be a chance of fatality after coming down from the drug?

Also, do we have any of the regular combat drugs left?

Raúl's mistrust pays off once again. Security monitors at the office display the engineering deck they're currently on, as well as tracking pipes and power lines across the ship. Several power lines on decks 1 and 2 are shown as damaged. Some on Deck 3 are currently being ripped up. Something is digging its way down.
I'm cursed with my mistrust never being paranoia, I think. Then I tell everyone, "Something's digging its way down through the decks! Everybody be ready to fight. I suggest we follow Plan B and let this thing jump into the sun while we take another route--if there is one--back to the strike sphere so we're gone when something gets here. Let's leave some booby traps behind as a friendly greeting."

OOC: If LT lets us know about the incoming threat, I will do what I can to set up some safe explosive traps in the zone where the breach is likely to occur.
OOC: per the edit, Griff will instead focus on getting that simulation going as best as he can.

"
LT, I cannae in good faith follow that order. We could be sendin' the whole universe into ruin! It'll only take me twenty minutes to ken the outcome. Can we try to hold out for a brief 20??"

I ready my rocket launcher for whatever is coming our way.

Nobody would die it appears from your test.

Regular drugs are luckily still in full supply at d6 due to Ling's careful application of them

OOC: per the edit, Griff will instead focus on getting that simulation going as best as he can.

"
LT, I cannae in good faith follow that order. We could be sendin' the whole universe into ruin! It'll only take me twenty minutes to ken the outcome. Can we try to hold out for a brief 20??"
I grin, nod affirmatively, and reply in song:
tumblr_ms1mvkqETR1r7powqo1_r1_250.gif

"Okay, I've run the sim-test on the experimental drugs they gave me," Ling informs the others through her comm. "Good news, none of us should die once it wears off. Like I said earlier, this stuff is basically your regular combat drugs squared. We'll all be enhanced, physically and mentally. In addition to that, Potter should benefit from extremely enhanced endurance and resilience, and my strength will be likewise enhanced. On the flip side, Potter and I will be the ones to crash the hardest when it wears off... we'll both be pretty useless at that point."

"It's the Lieutenant's call if we use them at all, and then each of you would also have to give your individual approval before I administer it to you. Remember, I only have three doses of this stuff. Also, I still have a supply of the standard combat drugs."

"We're all probably going to die, either ignominiously and uselessly or as glorious saviors of the universe, so what harm is there in loading up on drugs first?"

"We're all probably going to die, either ignominiously and uselessly or as glorious saviors of the universe, so what harm is there in loading up on drugs first?"
"So which three of us do you want to pick for this," Ling asks, "and who's the odd man out?"

"So which three of us do you want to pick for this," Ling asks, "and who's the odd man out?"
OOC: Do we need Ling available to do whatever we're doing if we survive? If so, we shouldn't let her take drugs and crash when we need her skills. If that's not an issue, we can draw straws.

OOC: I don't think you'll be needing any special medical attention once the drug wears off, beyond the sort of crash you get from the regular combat drugs.

Remember that Potter and Ling will be getting extra benefits from the experimental drug, which will hopefully prove useful in whatever final fight we have to deal with before getting the hell out of here.

Also, this drug
is experimental, so it would be a bit hypocritical for her to say it's safe while not sharing in any risks.

Finally, if you think Ling is going to let you three enjoy the
really good drugs without letting her sample same, you clearly haven't been paying attention to Ling's character. :hehe:

OOC: I think I've lost track of what different drugs we have to choose from. What do we have, and how many doses of each? (Not counting Ling's private stash of party drugs.)

OOC: Two types of drugs:
  1. The regular drugs which are still at the full amount of d6. Regular ones give an advantage when working and leave you disadvantaged after they wear off.
  2. Ling's special experimental drugs. Haven't been used yet and only have 3 doses. These give an advantage and improve stats. They also give Potter increased health and Ling massively increased strength.
    When they wear off Griff and Raúl would be disadvantaged and with lower stats.
    Ling and Potter will be so weak that they can just about walk and talk, no combat ability.

"Aye, if I'm able to stomach one of the harder pops then sure, I'll no mind taking it." Griff says, absentmindedly reloading his weapons as he focuses on the sim's screen.

"Okay, let's all pop the regular drugs as soon as necessary to make sure they're in our system before the electric turds are on us. Can we take the experimental ones at the same time?"

I take the regular drug and pop it.

"Okay, let's all pop the regular drugs as soon as necessary to make sure they're in our system before the electric turds are on us. Can we take the experimental ones at the same time?"
OOC: Ling would know the answer is yes

Ling administers the standard combat drugs to herself and the others.

Turning to Rodríguez, she holds the experimental drugs. "Alright, which of us get to be temporary demigods?"

"You three take the experimental drugs and everyone takes the usual juice."

OOC: If Potter and Ling are gonna be useless after taking the drugs, shouldn't one of them not take it?

OOC: If Potter and Ling are gonna be useless after taking the drugs, shouldn't one of them not take it?
That's what I asked way back when:
OOC: Do we need Ling available to do whatever we're doing if we survive? If so, we shouldn't let her take drugs and crash when we need her skills. If that's not an issue, we can draw straws.
My understanding is that was not the case:
OOC: I don't think you'll be needing any special medical attention once the drug wears off, beyond the sort of crash you get from the regular combat drugs.

Remember that Potter and Ling will be getting extra benefits from the experimental drug, which will hopefully prove useful in whatever final fight we have to deal with before getting the hell out of here.

OOC: Ah, I see, I was getting a little confused. I thought that after the fight the two of them would be walking zombies that we'd need to carry out!

OOC: For clarity Ling and Potter will be useless after the drugs wear off:
Ling and Potter will be so weak that they can just about walk and talk, no combat ability

OOC: For clarity Ling and Potter will be useless after the drugs wear off:
Then we'd better not have Ling use it as she's our only medic and we may need her skills once we all get torn to shreds.

"Ya wanna deprive Ling of fancy powerful drugs?" Griff scoffs, and laughs a little.

"I just want to point out that we don't know what we're facing next, and we're low on ammo. We need every asset we can get. If we don't survive because we don't have that extra boost that I would get that Rodriguez or Griff wouldn't, then it really won't matter how badly I'm affected afterwards."
"Ya wanna deprive Ling of fancy powerful drugs?" Griff scoffs, and laughs a little.

"Well, yeah, that too."

"Also, while it's great for my ego that you've accepted my judgement on what will happen - and I do beleive what I've told you - that was an ad-hoc test under less than ideal circumstances. All of you have to know and accept that I may possibly be wrong in my judgement. That's the other reason why I should be one of the ones to take the experimental drug, because it would be hypocritical of me to subject you to those risks without sharing them."

I'm going to straight edge it for the drug that will leave me useless.

Does that mean we're skipping Potter instead of Ling? That's fine by me, I just want to get moving again.

Yep, I skip and Ling can pop the drug.

As the drugs hit Griff's system, he feels the effects on his thinking almost immediately. Spotting patterns in the simulation data he didn't only a minute before he completes the simulation in only ten minutes. The results are clear. If the ship jumps into AS23's primary star, the blast and expansion of the baby universe will take out that solar system but nothing more.

As Griff finishes up the simulation, the roof of the drive room begins to collapse in multiple locations.

Ling feels as though her muscles are on fire. Swinging her arm in pain as she tries to handle the feeling, her fist hits a steel railing and breaks it. Sitting in the drive room with Griff they both hear the strain of metal as the ceiling begins to give way.

OOC: Okay here's the layout. Vehicles and workbenches drawn in. Points where ceiling is giving way marked. You guys would have time to get into positions where ever you want.
20190720_151037.jpg

Ling had administered the regular combat drug to Potter, then the special witch's brew to the Lieutenant, Griff, and finally herself.

As the hellfire danced in her veins, the delicious pain accelerating all of her senses, her fist slammed into the nearby steel railing. As she studied briefly the damage she had done to it, roughly calculating the PSI needed for such an impact, part of her almost detachedly mused, my hand will probably be pretty sore after this wears off.

Once she notices the damage being done to the ceiling above them, she positions herself behind one of the crates and readies her rifle... but not before grabbing the broken railing, as it might make a useful weapon, should she run out if ammo and need to close to hand-to-hand to finish off whatever they would be facing.

OOC: what's the current ammo dice ratings for our various weapons?

OOC:
Griff's rifle is out of bullets
Ling and Potter's rifles are on their final clip at d4
All shotguns are down to their last few rounds on d4
All other weapons are on full ammo still

OOC: if Griff doesn't have a firearm with ammo, I would have given him my shotgun.

Also, do we have any grenades left?

Last edited:
Without telling anyone else, I'm setting the controls to jump into the sun automatically in 40 minutes regardless of what happens. That should be enough time to get back to the strike sphere, right?
I ready Old Scratch and make my way past the crates, watching our rear in case we need to fight but not neglecting whatever's in front of me, and say, "Let's get back to the strike sphere as fast as we can."

Has the cocktail of drugs had any effect on me?

I prep the rocket launcher and wait to see what may be coming through the ceiling. I set myself up near the fusion drive, crouching down.

Without telling anyone else, I'm setting the controls to jump into the sun automatically in 40 minutes regardless of what happens. That should be enough time to get back to the strike sphere, right?
I ready Old Scratch and make my way past the crates, watching our rear in case we need to fight but not neglecting whatever's in front of me, and say, "Let's get back to the strike sphere as fast as we can."

Has the cocktail of drugs had any effect on me?
As Raúl makes his way to the crates he finds himself reaching them shockingly fast. Calling to the others he almost finds they're moving in slow motion.

Knowing the enemy well by now, he can tell they should have almost no chance of touching him in a melee.

OOC: The drugs have had their "regular" effect, but given your already incredible agility you're superhuman in speed.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back