Stay Frosty II - Hitching a ride

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: Are there any inhabited planets in that solar system? If not Griff will inform LT of it being safe to detonate in that system and program in that course to be doubly sure before following him.

If it is inhabited... Griff will try and think of a safer way of stopping the ship in empty space and overloading the core there, with minimal damage done to any nearby planets.

Griff confirms the system is uninhabited, just scheduled for mining in a century or two.

OOC: Just to confirm. Raúl is running for the sphere, the others are taking positions to attack?

"LT!" Griff yells, his voice breaking at first due to the rush of adrenaline making him speak before his throat had even reacted to the brain's request to vocalise. "We're good tae explode in that system! We holdin' here tae make sure this giant bugger doesnae fuck up our plan?"

OOC: Just to confirm. Raúl is running for the sphere, the others are taking positions to attack?
"LT!" Griff yells, his voice breaking at first due to the rush of adrenaline making him speak before his throat had even reacted to the brain's request to vocalise. "We're good tae explode in that system! We holdin' here tae make sure this giant bugger doesnae fuck up our plan?"
"We're all set to jump into the sun. Let's use these crates for cover, kill these fuckers, and book it to the strike sphere."

"Aye aye, sir!" Griff grins, his eyes wide and bloodshot. He slides into cover, whips out his shotgun and gets his grenades close and ready to throw. "Just dinnae let anythin' fuck wi' the drive, ya ken?"

The ceiling collapses near Potter first, a group of the fork headed xenos position themselves to jump down but eat a rocket from Potter before they do. From out of the resultant debris cloud streams of lightening erupt. One strikes Potter in the chest and knocks him into the fusion drive with a hard bang. Five xenos land a few meters from Potter but are out of range from Old Scratch and Griff's shotgun ( OOC: If Raúl or Griff switch weapons to hit them let me know). Ling kills two thanks to her enhanced reflexes.

Raúl spots a bunch of xeno pulling away a section of ceiling just above him, Griff and Ling. Fourteen in total he notices in a lightening fast glance.

Raúl spots a bunch of xeno pulling away a section of ceiling just above him, Griff and Ling. Fourteen in total he notices in a lightening fast glance.
Raúl moves back so the XTs won't fall on him and shouts, "Flame on! I'm the goddam Human Torch!" as he aims Old Scratch at the XTs overhead. "Griff and Ling, look out above!"

I back off to the left to avoid any crossfire and open up on the Xenos with a scream.

Ling also backs up, continuing to fire on the xenos that have already landed.

She hopes that Griff can do some damage to the xenos above with either his rocket launcher or some grenades before they descend.

She hopes that Griff can do some damage to the xenos above with either his rocket launcher or some grenades before they descend.
Griff pulls two grenades, and tries to time it so he can cook 'em to get the grenades to explode as they reach the ceiling.

The xenos manage to fire off a sustained bolt at Potter, but repeated fire from him and Ling brings down the five attacking him. Wisps of smoke rise from Potter's burnt flesh, but he's still standing. The few bolts aimed at Ling miss their mark.

Griff's grenades sail upward into the air. The xenos tilt their prongs in a confused manner not understanding what these little things the human has hurtled at them are. The blast kills those closest and brings down part of the ceiling.

Eight xenos in total survive the blast and have fallen down but are pinned by exercise equipment and flooring that has collapsed on top of them. Griff and Ling roll out of the way of debris thanks to their quick reflexes. Raúl's preempting the xenos' descent has now left him standing near some of the pinned xenos. Those near him scream in terror at the little flame on the end of Old Scratch.

However a massive bolt of electricity erupts from two of the pinned enemies. Ling dodges one just in time, but the second hits Griff and sends him flying over the crates where he lands and cracks his neck.
OOC: Death in two rounds without medical intervention

One other area of the ceiling near the power plant begins to be peeled open.

"Ling, get to Griff! He looks almost dead! And then let's all get the hell out of here," I shout as I set fire to any XTs near me. If I have a chance, I'll also torch any XTs near the others if I can do so without causing a friendly fire incident.

OOC: do I have any rockets left?

"Shit!" Ling exclaims as she sees the way Griff lands. Rushing over, she desperately tries to quickly render aid to him, enough that he can be moved so they can get the hell out of here.

Ling manages to just about save Griff's life thanks to her drug enhanced quick thinking. The nano pastes get to work at repairing the fractures in his neck, skull and spine and deep tissue electric burns.

Griff can talk but cannot move as the paste suffuses him. Ling's monstrous strength means he'll be easy to carry though.

The xenos fire at Raúl in a furious flurry of crackling lightening bolts. Not a single one lands and Raúl melts the XTs to nothing.

Finally two massive metallic looking scythe-like arms cut through the ceiling next to the power plant...

Ling manages to just about save Griff's life thanks to her drug enhanced quick thinking. The nano pastes get to work at repairing the fractures in his neck, skull and spine and deep tissue electric burns.

Griff can talk but cannot move as the paste suffuses him. Ling's monstrous strength means he'll be easy to carry though.

The xenos fire at Raúl in a furious flurry of crackling lightening bolts. Not a single one lands and Raúl melts the XTs to nothing.

Finally two massive metallic looking scythe-like arms cut through the ceiling next to the power plant...
I focus all my rage and aggression, which is considerable due to my Latin temperament, on the arms and try to destroy them as well an anything attached to them, all while shouting, "¡Jódete hasta la muerte! ¡A la mierda tus madres con destornilladores! ¡Hijos de puta!"

If I manage to kill or disable them, I keep moving back to the elevator since I have the key.

The arms glow from the heat of the flame thrower and Raúl hears a high pitch screeching, but they don't stop and the ceiling is ripped open. A slender xeno reaching about twelve foot lands with a thud in front of Raúl. One of the tablet holding kind it is covered in some sort of silver material with none of its skin exposed and four of its arms terminate in blades.

As Raúl douses it with flame he manages to dodge every swing of the blades. The beast backs him into the power plant hoping to confine his movements, but still he dodges.

They stand next to the throbbing power plant, neither seeming to be able to faze the other.

Let's try the rifle instead if flame doesn't bother it.

Ling gets Griff in a fireman's carry, and begins heading towards the direction of the strike sphere, trusting that Potter and Rodriguez can hold the remaining xenos at bay.

I load another rocket if it is reasonably safe to do so and fire at the Xenos. Try to include the big one if Raul isn’t too close.

Griff looks on in horror as the scene unfolds, and he is helpless. "Oh god, oh god. Ling just drop me, save LT!"

Raúl's rifle fire goes wild as the beast swings out of the way to the left and returns with its four scythes spinning like a blender. Unfortunately every single blade misses Raúl by a large margin (OOC: Xenos have to roll under your Dex, so this was a bad showing).

Potter follows their motion with his rocket launcher. Toward the end of their exchange he spots a split second where he could hit the Xeno without the blast threatening Raúl, but he might hit the power plant.

(OOC: Your choice Voros Voros )

I hold back, no point in killing all of us.

I make a run for it to clear the way for Potter.

Edit: To be clear, I'm running for the elevator area.

Last edited:
Raúl breaks away easily given his now incredible agility. Potter has a clear shot at the alien.

"Dinnae fuck up the power plant!" Griff yells from Ling's shoulder, dribbling on her armour a little.

Griff looks on in horror as the scene unfolds, and he is helpless. "Oh god, oh god. Ling just drop me, save LT!"
"Dinnae fuck up the power plant!" Griff yells from Ling's shoulder, dribbling on her armour a little.
He sure talks a lot for someone on the verge of death! thinks Raúl as he makes haste for the door, readying the elevator key as he runs.

Once Ling makes it to the elevator, she puts Griff down, and begins firing at the xeno with the scythe-appendages to help Rodriguez get clear of the deadly blade-limbs, and also to buy some time for Potter to line up his shot for best effect.

I let her fly at the big critter.

I let her fly at the big critter.
As Ling holds the enemy in place, Potter's rocket sails directly into its target catching it as it happens to part the blades (OOC: Crit). After the blast clears only a pair of legs remain, which collapse to the ground in short order. Bits of xeno litter the floor.

He sure talks a lot for someone on the verge of death! thinks Raúl as he makes haste for the door, readying the elevator key as he runs.
Once Ling makes it to the elevator, she puts Griff down, and begins firing at the xeno with the scythe-appendages to help Rodriguez get clear of the deadly blade-limbs, and also to buy some time for Potter to line up his shot for best effect.
Everybody gets to the lift in short order. Raúl's key activates the lift which displays its floors:

1. Bridge (Bridge Staff Clearance required)
  2. Library & Shopping
  3. Security, Ballroom, Guest Rooms & Lounge
  4. Pool and Kitchens
  5. Restaurant, Promenade and Sports Facilities
  6. Engineering and Drives (Engineering Clearance required)
The light to Floor 3, where the strike sphere lies embedded in the hull, displays green indicating no problems with heading there. Floors 4 & 5 are greyed out indicating damage is preventing the doors from opening on those floors.

As before only two can use the lift at a time.

"Prop me up against the wall and gimme a pistol. I'll hold em off as best I can wi' somebody. I ken I'm no in fightin' shape but I'll do what ah can."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back