Stay Frosty III - Interest Check

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thread up:

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 , I just called your dude Sharpe. Let me know if you want it changed.

Thread up:

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 , I just called your dude Sharpe. Let me know if you want it changed.
That'll do. He isn't, but that makes it piquant.

Weapons:
Standard issue rifle (Everybody)
Flamethrower (Raúl)
Gravity Grenades (Raúl)
Shotgun (Ling)
Knife (Ling)
LAW (Potter)
Grenade Launcher (Shank)
Satchel Charge (Griff)

Weapons:
Standard issue rifle (Everybody)
Flamethrower (Raúl)
Gravity Grenades (Raúl)
Shotgun (Ling)
Knife (Ling)
LAW (Potter)
Grenade Launcher (Shank)
Satchel Charge (Griff)
How many grenades and satchel charges do we have, and what does a gravity grenade do?

A few questions:

1) Are there any alien races out there that doesn't want all of humanity dead and/or enslaved?

2) Roughly how much time has passed between the Pitstop clusterfuck and the current mission? If there have been ops in between, would we gave been separate from each other and kept together as a dedicated team?

3) More relevant to the current mission, do we actually have any way of getting any civilians off-planet if it comes to that?

1) Are there any alien races out there that doesn't want all of humanity dead and/or enslaved?
Setting is a bit vague outside of the confines of your missions, but yeah there are some who seem either disinterested or friendly. However even the friendly ones are very alien in thought and biology and humanity has never established trade or stable points of contact. All alien polities are very far from human space and are typically met during brief chance encounters by exploratory/scout ships running into alien exploration ships that are themselves a few years of jump travel from their own civilization.

2) Roughly how much time has passed between the Pitstop clusterfuck and the current mission? If there have been ops in between, would we gave been separate from each other and kept together as a dedicated team?
I was thinking in the region of a year/year and a half.

You would have had safer ops in the mean time, i.e. security on a naval ship, ensuring a colony site was safe. Nothing with major combat. You would have been kept together by default, except Griff would have been missing for the first few months as he underwent being rebuilt and Potter would have been gone for certain periods for Psych training. Although it's an easy matter to alter this if you want your character to have gone off elsewhere.

3) More relevant to the current mission, do we actually have any way of getting any civilians off-planet if it comes to that?
The briefing material tells you the hotel itself would have a small ship or two.

How many grenades and satchel charges do we have, and what does a gravity grenade do?
Two gravity grenades.
Two satchel charges
And roughly two regular frag grenades. Roughly because it depends on how the Ammo dice rolls go.

Gravity grenades up the gravity to 10G within a 20' radius. If both are detonated together it ups it to 100G.

100g's? Holy shit. I have mine taped together and ready to go. Piss on a bunch of two chances at 10gs.

Is there a place where we are supposed to post character sheets for this shizz?

I'm doing a sheet now. The only thing I was pretty sure of was stats, health, and that I had Mind Stab and Pyrokinesis. I'll pick one more power and add detail as suggested by the rules. Let me know if anything is out of bounds, power-wise for the last power choice. I was thinking Interface, but I'm not picky.

I'll take heat vision and super breath if you're handing out superpowers. :thumbsup::hehe:
I'll be giving you your old pal Rey Mono

drunk-monkey-knife-jpg.8908

I'll gather all the details in one place in a post tomorrow.
I just went ahead and did the whole char gen process. If you'd already done some of that let me know and I'll switch up the sheet. I went Interface for the third power and rolled a medpack and satchel charge for the extra gear.

I just went ahead and did the whole char gen process. If you'd already done some of that let me know and I'll switch up the sheet. I went Interface for the third power and rolled a medpack and satchel charge for the extra gear.
Sorry Fenris meant to reply sooner.

I have your powers and gear from this post here:

And I've been using your stats from this post:

However most of your gear and none of your powers have been used so far, so if you want to swap what I have with what you've rolled up that's no problem at all. Note that some of the powers I gave you are not corebook ones, but ones I made up.

Quick question - under the listed weapons, what does the SAW stand for?

(I know as soon as you tell me the answer I'm going to kick myself because it's probably something incredibly obvious)

Lets use those, I'd forgotten about that post.

Quick question - under the listed weapons, what does the SAW stand for?

(I know as soon as you tell me the answer I'm going to kick myself because it's probably something incredibly obvious)
Yeah I assume it's what Dumarest gave above. Seems to fit with its stats (2d8 damage and supressive fire).

I'd never heard of either SAW or LAW before I bought Stay Frosty.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back