Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Why hello there Mr. Computer Voice," says Sharpe. "Could you possibly expand on why Ms. Torvik might find it expedient to have you frag us? Inquiring minds want to know..."
"Ms Torvik's activities contravene several interplanetary laws. Namely tampering with space and time outside the well explored aspects of jump technology and the torture of a possibly sapient race.
Her execution would be well within your remit as marines. I should warn you she's probably well defended even without my assisstance"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
The AI booms loudly over the speakers.

"Well...looks like your friend Sergent Potter has argued your case. I'll take down the firewall and I'll have the hotel security systems mark you as staff. There's a few people still alive on the upper floors"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Ms Torvik's activities contravene several interplanetary laws. Namely tampering with space and time outside the well explored aspects of jump technology and the torture of a possibly sapient race.
Her execution would be well within your remit as marines. I should warn you she's probably well defended even without my assisstance"
"Huh. What a bad girl. I'm going to have to smack her nose with a rolled up newspaper," says Sharpe. "Or maybe plant something pointy in her eye, we'll see. Half the fun is deciding these things as we go!"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Hey, Mr. Computer Voice, could you provide us with some tangible proof of her malfeasance? You know how keen tribunals are on handwavy things like proof in cases of summary execution..." says Sharpe.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Is Griff capable of setting up the turret before beginning to scrub through the other available data? Or could he get this info Potter's way, assuming he'd be faster at getting through it?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Hey, Mr. Computer Voice, could you provide us with some tangible proof of her malfeasance? You know how keen tribunals are on handwavy things like proof in cases of summary execution..." says Sharpe.
"I can...one moment"

A data stick (OOC: Generic future USB) on one of the consoles lights up.

"There...I have placed enough evidence to convince your superiors on that data stick. As for convincing yourselves, you can either view the stick or wait until you meet her. She's in the central test chamber here and it'll be obvious enough on sight that she's not the most moral sort of person"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
OOC: Is Griff capable of setting up the turret before beginning to scrub through the other available data? Or could he get this info Potter's way, assuming he'd be faster at getting through it?
OOC: Consider the turrets around the Nissen hut up and ready to go.
In terms of the data, you can either ask specific questions now, or just wait until you encounter things, or both. Essentially consider Griff to have a mini-library in his head
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
Nobby-W Nobby-W

Linn sits back after everything is dismantled.

"So how are you guys going to get me off this rock...not to sound ungrateful, I'm just eager to be gone"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
OOC: This is for everybody.
Griff will now have a map of the full complex here under the Nissen hut, as will Potter (both from contact with the AI). I'll put it up tomorrow.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
OOC: Consider the turrets around the Nissen hut up and ready to go.
In terms of the data, you can either ask specific questions now, or just wait until you encounter things, or both. Essentially consider Griff to have a mini-library in his head
Yoink and into a zippered pocket. "I've got the McGuffin everyone," Sharpe says "If I buy it you'll need it. It's stuck up my ass for safe keeping."
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"Sargeant Shank, turrets are up, you've got a wee bit of extra firepower out there." Griff will immediately begin accessing and evaluating the status of the hotel and living beings, beginning with the top-most members of staff/guests on any priority list available - seeing if cameras are active by them, seeing if they can be sent into safe-rooms etc.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Nobby-W Nobby-W

Linn sits back after everything is dismantled.

"So how are you guys going to get me off this rock...not to sound ungrateful, I'm just eager to be gone"
"To be decided, once we have a SITREP."

Then he looks at Linn's slightly panicked expression and continues. "There are enough of the great and the good here that the powers-that-be won't dare leave you stranded."
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
"Sargeant Shank, turrets are up, you've got a wee bit of extra firepower out there." Griff will immediately begin accessing and evaluating the status of the hotel and living beings, beginning with the top-most members of staff/guests on any priority list available - seeing if cameras are active by them, seeing if they can be sent into safe-rooms etc.
"OK. I've got the walker neutralised for the time being. If our host can order the computer to kill us, I'd rather it didn't have access to a tank to do it with."
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"Crivens..." Griff mutters under his breath, wide-eyed. "I'd be no pleased if I fixed up the same tank that ended up killin' me."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Sargeant Shank, turrets are up, you've got a wee bit of extra firepower out there." Griff will immediately begin accessing and evaluating the status of the hotel and living beings, beginning with the top-most members of staff/guests on any priority list available - seeing if cameras are active by them, seeing if they can be sent into safe-rooms etc.
Griff searches through the cameras across the hotel and accesses environmental readings. He determines there are at least fifteen survivors. Facial recognition on images in the last 24 hours confirms twelve guests and three high ranking members of staff.

All are located in barricaded kitchens. Locations are 1st, 2nd and 4th floors.

OOC: Hotel has five floors
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,480
'Should we try to turn, disable or straight up take out the AI? Otherwise this could be a suicide run,' Potter says with some regret as he is slowly starting to view AI as closer to human than he will admit to others.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
'Should we try to turn, disable or straight up take out the AI? Otherwise this could be a suicide run,' Potter says with some regret as he is slowly starting to view AI as closer to human than he will admit to others.
Shank replies over the comms "Depends on where it's located and what security it has. We may or may not have the means to do that."
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Lets not kill Mr. Computer voice! He's been a decent chap so far." Says Sharpe. "We've got a shoot someone on the face and get away it card thanks to him"
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,729
"But we do need to be able to disable Mr. Computer voice, at least temporarily, if and when Torvik commands it to execute us," Ling whispers to Sharpe.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"You know he can hear you right? Why the fuck are you whispering? He's shown some preference for us, and thats a start in this godforsaken rock." Sharpe thinks for a minute. "We need him I think".
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Griff shrugs, a little uneasy that the fate of their lives rests in the balance of a series of thinking ones and zeroes. "It might be wise to have a wee back-up plan if this goes to the shitter, eh?"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
OOC:
Just throwing out your current options for that back up plan:

1. Torvik is somewhere in the facility. Map in post 576
2. Sharpe spotted a large underground magnetic field to the North
3. You've control over at least some of the hotel's cameras and security systems.
4. Shank has the Walker disconnected from the AI
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Hmm," says Sharpe. "Maybe we should start where we're at eh? Torvik is in the facility here somewhere, so maybe we should start clearing rooms." He thinks for a bit. "Maybe Mr. Computer Voice can help us locate 'em via camera and save us blundering about in the dark."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Hmm," says Sharpe. "Maybe we should start where we're at eh? Torvik is in the facility here somewhere, so maybe we should start clearing rooms." He thinks for a bit. "Maybe Mr. Computer Voice can help us locate 'em via camera and save us blundering about in the dark."
Mr. Computer Voice hears Sharpe speaking and responds.

"Ms. Torvik is in the Matriarch testing chamber. However the room is locked down and I cannot remotely unlock it. Only higher ranking human staff can open the door with a retinal scan"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Ah-ha!!" says Sharpe, "a palpable hit Mr. Computer Voice, well played. Who are those higher ranking human staff and where can we acquire their retinas?"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Ah-ha!!" says Sharpe, "a palpable hit Mr. Computer Voice, well played. Who are those higher ranking human staff and where can we acquire their retinas?"
"There is a Dr. Evans, Dr. Brukner and game keeper Ms. Shrapnel. They should all have clearance. I still have life sign readings from Dr. Brukner so he is alive, most likely in the Matriarch chamber. Ms. Shrapnel and Dr. Evans appear to be dead. I can't fully visualise the other rooms, but the corpses are likely near you"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Hey!" shouts Sharpe into the comms, "can someone show that corpse upstairs to a camera? We're playing who's retina is that anyway with Mr. Computer Voice..."
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,480
I head towards the vegetable fellow we encountered earlier, I look into his eyes, reach out with my mind to see if I can find traces of their original personality to match the names the AI has given us.
 

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Shank will get on the comms "If you've got the turrets up then we can park the walker and come inside. I think we're safer there, and the walker is nerfed until I replace the firing pins and plug its radio back in."

He then climbs into the drivers seat and move the walker closer to the entrance to the nissen hut and prepares to debark.

"Can you confirm someone is in position to open up the door for us when we knock."

Shank also pockets the firing pins from the cannons.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
I head towards the vegetable fellow we encountered earlier, I look into his eyes, reach out with my mind to see if I can find traces of their original personality to match the names the AI has given us.
When Potter rounds the corner the man has a slightly stupified expression, but quickly beams a smile as Potter approaches.

"The angel!" he exclaims.

Potter quickly reaches into the man's mind. Made all the easier by his strange admiration for Potter and with Potter targeting specific words. This man is Dr. Brukner, although he no longer has a firm grip on his own identity.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
16,480
'Come with me,' I say to Bruckner and lifts him up to bring him over to a retina scanner.
 
Last edited:

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,651
Reaction score
8,102
Shank pops the door of the walker, scans the area with his rifle for hostiles, and then if the path looks safe he takes the woman, exits the walker, closing it and runs to the door. Then he bangs loudly on the door to the nissen hut and turns to scan the area with rifle ready to shoot anything.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,779
Reaction score
7,440
"Do we need the whole dotty package there? Or could we get away with just the retina? I'm thinking strictly of encumbrance of course..." asks Sharpe.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
'Come with me,' I say to Bruckner and lifts him up to bring him over to a retina scanner.
Potter carries Brukner over to a retinal scanner next to a console mounted to a nearby wall. The console acknowledges Brukner and gives out some trivia about current air purity and temperature and Brukner's daily calender (which is empty).

OOC: I took your "a retinal scanner" cautiously and didn't assume you wished to unlock the matriarch chamber yet. Console you just scanned him into is marked with the red X. Rest of the team besides Shank still in the Console Room.

nissen(34x43).jpg
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
OOC: I'm just going to assume Griff opens the door.

Shank pops the door of the walker, scans the area with his rifle for hostiles, and then if the path looks safe he takes the woman, exits the walker, closing it and runs to the door. Then he bangs loudly on the door to the nissen hut and turns to scan the area with rifle ready to shoot anything.
Shank's scan of the area shows nothing. Neither around the Nissen hut nor in the tree line.

The door pops open and in he and Linn head as it then closes.

Inside they see the Nissen hut as they heard from their team mates over the comms.

Previous description for reference said:
There's four beds, a fridge, as well as some photographs hung on the wall which seem to depict older hunts that took place in the park but it's hard to make out the details from here. Two desks sit at the far end with some paperwork and books on them. Beyond the desks is a spiral staircase leading down underground.

"You feel safer in here man?" Linn asks looking around. She adjusts the straps on the tank containing the heads of DoppleLing and her friend. "I guess I do"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,555
"Do we need the whole dotty package there? Or could we get away with just the retina? I'm thinking strictly of encumbrance of course..." asks Sharpe.
"The eye alone is sufficient, provided you don't damage the retinal blood vessel complex upon extraction" the AI responds to Sharpe. "I wouldn't like it to come to that though"
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top