Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Anyone else want to chip in here? We probay need a third for this game" asks Sharpe.

Potter sidles up to Raúl and whispers, 'Scanned the AI and her story checks out.'

"Anyone else want to chip in here? We probay need a third for this game" asks Sharpe.
Shank calls out "El-Tee - Everyone else is busy. We need you to keep a perimeter while we check out the storage bunker."

"Sharpe - Cover me while I go inside."

Shank waits for Sharpe to get into position and then climbs down into the bunker.

Séadna Séadna - what do we see in the bunker?

Ling pulled out her medscanner to give Griff a look. The nanopaste she pumped into him would probably have taken care of any infection, but she didn't know if the same could be said for Sharpe's psychic healing ability. Given that Griff's injuries had been healed by a mixture of the two, a quick bio-reading was certainly not out of order.
Ling scans Griff quick enough. The report comes back all clear. Whatever agent or chemical the legs might have left in Griff's system has long been dissolved by the healing process.

Shank asks her "What else is in the supply depot?" He suggests to Raul: "I'll take a quick look down there and see if there's anything we can use."

He moves towards the depot entrance and looks in. What can be seen from outside?
"What else? It's a maintenance tunnel basically, luckily there was a bit of food but I don't know where it leads if I'm honest. Heard some noises and it's pitch black beyond the interest...so I thought fuck that"

Sharpe will move to support Shank at the depot entrance.
Shank waits for Sharpe to get into position and then climbs down into the bunker.
Shank begins his descent. Sharpe has a clear view as the depot is in fact lit up. He sees a ladder leading down to a small room with some fuseboxes and a fairly standard colonial fridge. The rest of the room is out of view from his perspective.

Shank descends and now sees the room clearly. Six fuseboxes. Three on the right wall, three on the left. A small colonial fridge, two chairs and an old monitor. The room extends only about thirteen foot from the ladder and ends with a damp looking wall with a large circular hole at the bottom of it.

The hole is clearly the start of a tunnel tall enough for a person to walk through without crouching and Shank can see enough to make out four lights that should be lighting up the tunnel but aren't on for some reason. After about eight foot the tunnel becomes pitch dark.

Shank reports back up "Some fuse boxes and a fridge. There's a tunnel but it's dark."

He looks into the fridge and each of the fuse boxes - what's in there?

OOC: Does Shank have a torch?

Shank reports back up "Some fuse boxes and a fridge. There's a tunnel but it's dark."

He looks into the fridge and each of the fuse boxes - what's in there?

OOC: Does Shank have a torch?
OOC: Shank indeed has a torch.

Shank finds fairly standard food in the fridges, yogurts and sandwiches and so on. Some are labelled with staff names.

Each fuse boxes has a set of three switches inside them unhelpful labelled A,B,C. The fuse boxes themselves are numbered 1 to 6.

OOC: Shank indeed has a torch.

Shank finds fairly standard food in the fridges, yogurts and sandwiches and so on. Some are labelled with staff names.

Each fuse boxes has a set of three switches inside them unhelpful labelled A,B,C. The fuse boxes themselves are numbered 1 to 6.
Shank checks the switches to see which ones are in the on or off position. Then he gets his torch and shines it down the corridor. What can he see?

Shank checks the switches to see which ones are in the on or off position. Then he gets his torch and shines it down the corridor. What can he see?
They're all currently in the off position.

Shining his torch down the corridor Shank sees the tunnel continue for a long while with sets lights on either side. His torch light doesn't extend far enough to see the other end of the tunnel

They're all currently in the off position.

Shining his torch down the corridor Shank sees the tunnel continue for a long while with sets lights on either side. His torch light doesn't extend far enough to see the other end of the tunnel
Shank mutters "I wonder if these are the light switches."

Based on the reasoning that these might be light switches, he tries turning on switch 1-A and 6-C.

Shank flips the 1A switch and the nearest light on the tunnel wall to his left turns on. When he switches on 6C a light on the other end of the tunnel lights up on the right wall. The 6C light provides enough illumination to see that the tunnel leads to an underground power substation.

OOC: Not everybody would be able to tell the machinery on the far end was a power substation, this is based an Shank's assumed background.

Sharpe gets his skinny ass down to back Shank up while Shank plays Inspector Gadget with the light switches.

Raúl checks the safety and ammunition of the woman's pistol before handing it back to her and saying, "You may need this. Do you know how to use it? And do you have a name?"

Assuming she answers, I'll then proceed to inquire as to whether she knows of any motorized transportation to the hotel, or the best/safest route, and any weak points on the predators that beheaded her friend, all the while surveying our surroundings while we wait for the gophers to pop back out of their hole.

Shank flips the 1A switch and the nearest light on the tunnel wall to his left turns on. When he switches on 6C a light on the other end of the tunnel lights up on the right wall. The 6C light provides enough illumination to see that the tunnel leads to an underground power substation.

OOC: Not everybody would be able to tell the machinery on the far end was a power substation, this is based an Shank's assumed background.
Shank turns on all the other switches. He glances at Sharpe and says "Looks like a power substation down the tunnel. The civvy woman says she heard noises down there. Cover me while I take a quick shufty."

After that, he walks carefully down the tunnel, with his rifle following his line of sight, ready to shoot first.

If there's anything in the tunnel that looks like it shouldn't be there, he will stop and shoot if it looks like a potential threat.

Raúl checks the safety and ammunition of the woman's pistol before handing it back to her and saying, "You may need this. Do you know how to use it? And do you have a name?"
"The name is Linn. As for using it, I mean I can point and shoot, sometimes even hit, but I'm not on your level"

Assuming she answers, I'll then proceed to inquire as to whether she knows of any motorized transportation to the hotel, or the best/safest route, and any weak points on the predators that beheaded her friend, all the while surveying our surroundings while we wait for the gophers to pop back out of their hole.
She informs Raúl that the Walker is the most heavily armoured transportation she's seen since she's been stuck out here. She had spotted some hover cars and could lead Raúl to them but they're easy for the beasts to take down and their engines are loud enough to attract attention.
The thing that attacked her friend was clever enough to be afraid of the walker and turned tail and ran, but she didn't learn any weaknesses.

Last edited:
OOC: With the power on Potter can get a read out from the mini-AIs in the tunnel who shunt the info into his mind, so not spoilered

After that, he walks carefully down the tunnel, with his rifle following his line of sight, ready to shoot first.

If there's anything in the tunnel that looks like it shouldn't be there, he will stop and shoot if it looks like a potential threat.
Shank descends down the now lit up tunnel.

He eventually arrives at the underground substation, a typical small fusion reactor chamber.

fusion-reactor.jpg

Read outs indicate that this substation is bearing the slack of others that have been destroyed. The main console indicates the power status to the following five systems:
  1. Hotel: No Power
  2. Jungle Defense Systems: No power
  3. Starport: Full power
  4. Warp-Bleeder Cage: Low power
  5. Outdoor Spa: No power
This reactor normally only powers the starport but is being taxed to 150% of safe operating limits to keep the Warp-Bleeder Cage up at a minimal level.

OOC: Did we confirm what damaged the walker? If not, I'll ask Linn what she knows.

OOC: With the power on Potter can get a read out from the mini-AIs in the tunnel who shunt the info into his mind, so not spoilered

Shank descends down the now lit up tunnel.

He eventually arrives at the underground substation, a typical small fusion reactor chamber.

View attachment 22830

Read outs indicate that this substation is bearing the slack of others that have been destroyed. The main console indicates the power status to the following five systems:
  1. Hotel: No Power
  2. Jungle Defense Systems: No power
  3. Starport: Full power
  4. Warp-Bleeder Cage: Low power
  5. Outdoor Spa: No power
This reactor normally only powers the starport but is being taxed to 150% of safe operating limits to keep the Warp-Bleeder Cage up at a minimal level.
OOC: Does it look like we can shut down the starport from here and leave the power to the hotel and warp bleeder cage?

OOC: Does it look like we can shut down the starport from here and leave the power to the hotel and warp bleeder cage?
Shank looks over the fusion plants controls and sees he can redirect power between the various locations.

OOC: There are four units of power to play with. Below are the costs of getting various regions up to full power
  1. Hotel: 2
  2. Jungle Defense Systems: 3
  3. Starport: 2
  4. Warp-Bleeder Cage: 4
  5. Outdoor Spa: 1
At the moment the Starport has 2 units and the Warp Bleeder cage has 2.

"Hmm. We could always power down the 'port for now to get something else up, or fully powered, and then reroute the power back to the 'port when we need to didi mao," says Sharpe. "What's the priority here?"

"Hmm. We could always power down the 'port for now to get something else up, or fully powered, and then reroute the power back to the 'port when we need to didi mao," says Sharpe. "What's the priority here?"
Shank replies "I like the idea of keeping the Warp Bleeder firmly ensconced in its cage but if we need to bug the civvies out we may need the starport systems up. I'm of a mind to pull one unit across from the starport to the cage but leave the starport at minimal power."

Shank replies "I like the idea of keeping the Warp Bleeder firmly ensconced in its cage but if we need to bug the civvies out we may need the starport systems up. I'm of a mind to pull one unit across from the starport to the cage but leave the starport at minimal power."
"Huh, I don't know shit about power systems. Would that leave power to the essential systems? We don't the cappuccino machine or karaoke bar up and running, but power to the docking shit would be nice," says Sharpe. "If we can still bug out that sounds like a plan."

@Seadna -
OOC: What is still kept running if the starport is on minimal power - specifically:
  • Can we still launch whatever craft are there if the starport is on minimal power or powered down?
  • Can we refuel craft or carry out other pre-launch functions on minimal power?

OOC: What is still kept running if the starport is on minimal power - specifically:
  • Can we still launch whatever craft are there if the starport is on minimal power or powered down?
  • Can we refuel craft or carry out other pre-launch functions on minimal power?
OOC: No terminal at the actual plant itself tells you for sure, but from your characters' past experience you'd know refueling and launching capabilities would probably still be kept online at minimal power. What's likely to be removed are things like diagnostic systems, repairs and so forth.

OOC: No terminal at the actual plant itself tells you for sure, but from your characters' past experience you'd know refueling and launching capabilities would probably still be kept online at minimal power. What's likely to be removed are things like diagnostic systems, repairs and so forth.
OOC: The NPC mentioned hearing sounds down here.

Shank looks around the room with his gun ready but attempting to avoid shooting anything that might damage the reactor or its control systems. He is looking for whatever might have made the sounds, or any entrances to other locations, storage cupboards or other such items. While he does this, he tells Sharpe "The civvies said they heard something down here. Better check the area and see what it is."

Last edited:
While Shank and Sharpe are investigating the tunnel, Ling will attend to the injury Potter suffered during the fight.

As she does so, she will ask Linn, "Miss, are you okay, or do you require any medical attention?"

OOC: How much time has passed since our gophers went on their underground expedition?

First Raúl checks with Griff: "What's the good news on getting this montón de chatarra up and running?"

Then Raúl calls down the hole, "What's going on down there? Let's not stay in one place too long if we don't have to."

Shank calls back through his comms "Civvies reported noises down here. Securing the area now. Watch this space for SITREP."

OOC: The NPC mentioned hearing sounds down here.

Shank looks around the room with his gun ready but attempting to avoid shooting anything that might damage the reactor or its control systems. He is looking for whatever might have made the sounds, or any entrances to other locations, storage cupboards or other such items. While he does this, he tells Sharpe "The civvies said they heard something down here. Better check the area and see what it is."
"Bug hunt it is," replies Sharpe. He'll follow Shank's lead on the search pattern.
The pair sweep the reactor room and Shank finds a small open compartment at the base of one side of the fusion reactor. There's some kind of fuzzy grey hairy growth wrapped around some of the wires in the compartment, it makes a strange groaning noise when it jiggles as reactor current runs through it. Shank and Sharpe are aware that such a current would kill any Terran life several times over.

While Shank and Sharpe are investigating the tunnel, Ling will attend to the injury Potter suffered during the fight.

As she does so, she will ask Linn, "Miss, are you okay, or do you require any medical attention?"
Potter is healed up in short order.

"I think I'm okay, but it can't hurt to sure right?" she says heading over to Ling.

Ling's scans reveal minor cuts and bruises and a rib that just avoided being broken and signs of sleep deprivation in the brain. She fixes them all up in short order.

Linn stretches her arms and legs afterward. "Wow I feel great, guess I just got used to being a bit run down"

"Huh. I'd fry that hairy muffin with the fire from my eyes, but im not sure I want to fry the reactor," muses Sharpe. "Options?"

OOC: How much time has passed since our gophers went on their underground expedition?
OOC: It's now about thirty five minutes.

First Raúl checks with Griff: "What's the good news on getting this montón de chatarra up and running?"
Smith Smith
Although not fully online the Walker begins to stand up as power and functioning return to its legs.

OOC: Smith you have an hour until full functionality is restored, but it can walk now. If you headed off with it now without taking the extra hour it'll be more prone to breaking from impacts. Less HP in mechanical terms

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back