Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Maybe there should be explosives involved..." adds Sharpe. "Lots of explosives."
Shank turns his mic off so as not to transmit. "Pillage, then burn, remember. That also applies to explosives."

"On a timer or a switch or some shit grasshopper, not indiscriminate havok," says Sharpe. "I read the manual."

Smith Smith
Griff finishes his final repairs on the Walker as it folds out its front cannons and external tracking systems come online.

OOC: Mmmm. Folds out it's front cannons. That has such a lovely ring to it.

"Yeah!! I bet ah could do some serious damage fae the squad from inside this giant bugger." Griff calls out over the radio. "Where we headin', LT?"

Potter reaches out with his AI psionics to track what is going on underground and narrate the action to Raul and the others.

"If we can manage it, let's close the tunnel at this end in such a way that we can open it for ourselves as an alternate way back, then move overland with the walker," says Raúl. "Maybe it'll put el Temor de Diós into some of the creepy-crawlies out to eat us. We should also see if we can rig this end to blow up in case we need to create a distraction for something we meet in the tunnel on the way back. Those of you with engineering and demolition skills, put your noggins together while the walker is repaired and the rest of us watch the perimeter."

Ling climbs into the walker, pleased to have some armor between herself and the various varieties of living death infesting this world.

Ling climbs into the walker, pleased to have some armor between herself and the various varieties of living death infesting this world.
Ling finds a nice place for herself in the gunner's seat, given marine experience with similar machines she finds the twin cannons have intuitive enough controls.

I crawl in and see if I can rig the walker to blow if we need to.

I'll man the perimeter since I know squat about demo and engineering.

Shank climbs up out of the bunker and asks "Do we have a claymore or anything that can be detonated by remote control? Unless we can do that I don't think we have the means to booby trap the tunnel."

Séadna Séadna - Is there anything like a remote control detonator in the inventory?

Smith Smith - Shank calls "Griff - can you rig something in the corridor between the power plant and the hotel that can blow it under remote control - far enough so as not to damage the reactor."

"Aye, ah can do that fer sure." Griff calls out on the radio. He points to Ling, and then gestures at the control section of the walker. "Make sure nae-one fucks this baby up for me, would ya?"

Griff heads down to Shank, and looks to get assistance on best placement distance. "To tell ya tha truth I was in my own wee world when I was fixin' the walker up so ah dinnae ken what you've been upta down here."

Smith Smith -

Shank relays that we found a critter leeching power off the reactor, and a security camera showing some other critters at the far end of the tunnel, and shows Griff the console where he re-directed the power to the warp-bleeder cage.

Then he shows the shows Griff the entrance to the tunnel to the hotel and paces about 50 metres, pointing to the floor.

"Set it here," he says, "This will be far enough so it doesn't trash the reactor. Can you check whether there are any conduits that need to be protected from the blast - we might need to put some shielding so our little fireworks show doesn't cut off power to anything important."

Séadna Séadna - Shank checks whether this tunnel houses conduits for power or other things we might not want disrupted by a blast in the tunnel.

Ling finds a nice place for herself in the gunner's seat, given marine experience with similar machines she finds the twin cannons have intuitive enough controls.
"Does anyone have specific training or background experience with these sorts of cannons?" Ling asks over the comms. While the idea of personally enacting fiery death down on some of the xenos certainly had its appeal, she figured it would be only prudent to see if someone more proficient in their use was among their number before getting settled into the gunner's chair.

Shank checks whether this tunnel houses conduits for power or other things we might not want disrupted by a blast in the tunnel.
Checking the tunnel itself and plans on the terminal Shank determines that a detonation here will not disrupt any power.

"Does anyone have specific training or background experience with these sorts of cannons?" Ling asks over the comms. While the idea of personally enacting fiery death down on some of the xenos certainly had its appeal, she figured it would be only prudent to see if someone more proficient in their use was among their number before getting settled into the gunner's chair.
OOC: To help others answer. Shank probably has the most experience given his background, followed by Raúl, but it's not a huge gap say.

Smith Smith -

Shank turns to Griff and says "Set up a little surprise in the tunnel that we can let off behind us if we have to come back this way."

Then he takes a look at the walker's armament and then climbs up and looks into the gunner's position. "What have we here?" he mutters, just loudly enough for the others to hear.

Séadna Séadna - OOC: Shank being familiar with these matters, what is this thing armed with and how much ammunition do we have left?

OOC: Griff will do as he's told with the explosives, but will not use any more than necessary to try and extend his supply of boom.

OOC: Shank being familiar with these matters, what is this thing armed with and how much ammunition do we have left?
The cannons seem to be armed with some kind of highly potent chemical, an acid of some kind though Shank finds the chemical readout confusing...

OOC: Since Ling is literally right there

...however Ling can make out it's basically a toxin designed to take out as many types of nasties as possible despite their disparate biochemistries.

There seems to still be hundreds of rounds.

OOC: Mechanically d10 supply dice.

"So there's lots of flah-de-ree-hah left in the whatsits? Excellent." Says Sharpe, over the comm " I'll just keep watching the perimeter. Let me know if you need anythjng set on fire".

"Let's keep an eye on the perimeter and bug out of this spot as soon as we can," says Raúl. "Staying in one place is just asking to be eaten."

Griff will get back in the walker, and make himself comfortable in the pilot seat. "Let's get this big ol' beetle movin', eh?"

Shank will test that the hatch on the bunker can be opened from the inside and will then close the hatch from the outside. He then takes the gunner's position and does a shakedown test of the fire control while muttering something about knives and sharp sticks.

Shank will test that the hatch on the bunker can be opened from the inside and will then close the hatch from the outside. He then takes the gunner's position and does a shakedown test of the fire control while muttering something about knives and sharp sticks.
The hatch indeed opens from the inside.

OOC: Rest of the post works fine.

After Sharpe enters the Walker slowly stands to its full height and scanning systems on its hull do a sweep of the surroundings. They detect several entities at about 500 meters distance in the direction away from the hotel.

"Wow this feels like a proper tank now with you guys here! It didn't do this when I was driving the thing" Linn says in excitement watching the Walker scan the jungle.

The Walker AI transmits an emergency broadcast to Potter's mind. A SOS signal from a bunker about 2km South of here. The priority is high, so upper resort management. Maybe even the owners.

It would take them away from the hotel however. It's also not precisely in the direction of the beasts detected above (OOC: Post #311)

OOC: I'm taking it that everybody gets into the Walker (there's space) with Sharpe keeping guard until the final person is in and then jumping in himself.
OOC: I assume so if we all fit. Or do we want all our eggs in one basket? It's a fine way to become an omelette.

I let the others know what the Walker has told me:

The Walker AI transmits an emergency broadcast to Potter's mind. A SOS signal from a bunker about 2km South of here. The priority is high, so upper resort management. Maybe even the owners.

It would take them away from the hotel however. It's also not precisely in the direction of the beasts detected above (OOC: Post #311

I let the others know what the Walker has told me:

It would take them away from the hotel however. It's also not precisely in the direction of the beasts detected above (OOC: Post #311
"Make them identify themselves to our satisfaction using whatever intel we have on the owners or managers," says Raúl. "Ask them how they got to the bunker and what equipment and resources they have. Be subtle. This set-up stinks. Dollars to doughnuts if it's the bossmen, they saved their own skins and left everybody else behind as decoys."

"Does the fact that they might be bastards change the mission parameters any? I don't think so," says Sharpe. "That said, the first bastard to suggest that no one else matters is going to get fucking mind stabbed," he adds, with no trace of humour.

Griff leans around his chair and speaks to their guest. "Dya ken who they might be? Are they worth riskin' our hides to save?"

Shank whispers into the comms, sotto-voce "If they're the grandes fromages they might know where the anti-matter is stashed. It'd better not be hidden under the fecking warp bleeder."

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back