Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Griff leans around his chair and speaks to their guest. "Dya ken who they might be? Are they worth riskin' our hides to save?"
Linn answers quickly enough.

"I've been around that way. It was protected by an electric fence that seemed to be shut off and a turret. I didn't want to get near. It looked like it was for security or the game hunters that were on staff here"

OOC: What's the plan then, we headed out to this blip?

'Well we don't have too much to go on so we might as well follow this trail of breadcrumbs...'

With some regret Ling concedes the gunner's chair to Shank, and finds some other seat in the walker to settle in at.

OOC: I'm assuming heading to the bunker

The Walker marches through the jungle towards the signal Potter has picked up, toppling the odd tree as it moves. After a few minutes it arrives at a clearing where the entry to the bunker can be seen overgrown with vines and plants.

maxresdefault.jpg

Upon arrival there is a slight rumble as two laser turrets erupt from the ground and point at the Walker, but they don't fire.

I reach out with my mind to see what they intend and to see if I can make them take a nap.

The turrets report that they're on low alert as they can't be sure of the intent of those in the Walker. Might be other survivors attempting to take the bunker, but they're programmed to only fire on humans as a last resort. However they recognise Potter's marine authority and retract back into the ground.

Gathering his kit, Griff gives the control panel an appreciate pat, "That'll do, pal." He steps out towards the bunker, weapons ready.

OOC: Any way to keep the Walker on auto-alert self-defence? With us added as users?

Shank climbs into the gunner's seat and surveys the region. He traverses the guns back and forth and says into the comms "Go check out the civs - If anything shows here I'll put boot to arse."

"Off to grandmas house we go." says Sharpe, with a grin. He'll un-ass and work on pushing out a perimeter. He will cast his senses out in search of minds in the area while he's at it.

I'm super busy so if I don't post fast enough just assume I go along with whatever everyone else wants and that I maintain my near-paranoiac state of constant distrust and readiness to kill anything and anyone that seems off-kilter.

OOC: Not yet sunshine. Gimme another couple of encounters. You do a lot of old man complaining when I've been out front the whole time. :grin:

'The boys aren't going to do us any harm, let's roll.'

Shank climbs into the gunner's seat and surveys the region. He traverses the guns back and forth and says into the comms "Go check out the civs - If anything shows here I'll put boot to arse."
The Walker tracks a couple of entities moving out in the forest nearby, but they're not stupid enough to come near the bunker area. From their movement they seem to be avoiding the Walker more than the bunker.

"Off to grandmas house we go." says Sharpe, with a grin. He'll un-ass and work on pushing out a perimeter. He will cast his senses out in search of minds in the area while he's at it.
Sharpe senses three minds in the bunker beneath them. Though two are in a high state of distress.

'The boys aren't going to do us any harm, let's roll.'
The grassy area outside the bunker is quite. Harmless birds taken from Earth can be seen flying between trees. The bunker complex itself consists of two Nissen huts covered heavily in grass. Both have signs indicating security clearance is required for access below ground.

The sheds are labelled "Security" and "Rec".

The Walker tracks a couple of entities moving out in the forest nearby, but they're not stupid enough to come near the bunker area. From their movement they seem to be avoiding the Walker more than the bunker.
Shank goes to focus the sights on the readings and tries to get a good look at them.

He mutters into the comms. "Look sharp - a couple of bogies at bearing [whatever the bearing is]. They appear to be avoiding the walker."

Sharpe senses three minds in the bunker beneath them. Though two are in a high state of distress.
"Looks like three blips in the bunker folks, and something has a couple of them worked right up," says Sharpe.

OOC: Which bunker are the blips in?

"Looks like three blips in the bunker folks, and something has a couple of them worked right up," says Sharpe.

OOC: Which bunker are the blips in?
Sharpe focuses a bit and manages to clarify that all three minds are beneath the "Security" Nissen hut.

"The fromage is hiding under the Security hut." clarifies Sharpe. "Three count, two in some kind of distress."

Shank sees several more of the beasties of the same type that impaled Griff. He manages to track eight individuals.
Shank relays this "Best get inside soonest. I make 8 of the critters Griff just had a dust up with."

Shank flips the safety of the cannons off.

"Weapons hot. Stay clear of the muzzle and set up a perimeter."

Shank continues to track the critters while keeping a weather eye on the sensors in case something else makes an appearance.

The grassy area outside the bunker is quite.
Quite what? Quite dangerous? Quite toxic? Too much suspense!

"Let's get inside ASAP but be ready to fight our way in and out," says Raúl. "Also keep an eye on whoever is holing up in here. Potter can tell you sometimes las víctimas son los alborotadores."

Shank continues to track the critters while keeping a weather eye on the sensors in case something else makes an appearance.
OOC: I'm assuming Ling hasn't got out yet

Both Shank and Ling see a reading getting stronger on the Walker's seismograph located near the gun controls. Unfortunately the seismograph isn't directed. They can tell the tremors are getting stronger, but not from where

OOC: I'm assuming Ling hasn't got out yet

Both Shank and Ling see a reading getting stronger on the Walker's seismograph located near the gun controls. Unfortunately the seismograph isn't directed. They can tell the tremors are getting stronger, but not from where
Shank barks into the comms "Got another seismo reading but no direction. Get a perimeter up now."

OOC: Assuming the walker has some sort of visual thermal camera or something else that can be panned around like the contraption on top of the tank's turret below.

Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl -

Shank says "Ling, get on the thermals and locate the source of the seismic reading while I keep an eye on the critters."

Driving-Vision-Enhancement.jpg

Shank says "Ling, get on the thermals and locate the source of the seismic reading while I keep an eye on the critters."
Ling begins studying the seismograph's display panel to try to see where the seismic readings are originating from.

Ling begins studying the seismograph's display panel to try to see where the seismic readings are originating from.
Following it a bit Ling gives her best estimate that the tremors are coming from the North. Half a kilometer away roughly.

OOC:
I'm going to guess based on Raúl's order and other's posts that:
Ling and Shank are in cockpit
Others are heading into the Security hut

I'll update tomorrow provided I have that right

After a minute or so of studying the display panel and the data presented, she says "Best as I can read this, the tremors are originating about half a klick North of us," to Shank.

Following it a bit Ling gives her best estimate that the tremors are coming from the North. Half a kilometer away roughly.
After a minute or so of studying the display panel and the data presented, she says "Best as I can read this, the tremors are originating about half a klick North of us," to Shank.
Shank takes a few moments to sweep the guns and sight to the north and see if he can spot anything.

Shank takes a few moments to sweep the guns and sight to the north and see if he can spot anything.
Sweeping over the North and looking about a bit Shank sees a four legged creature no more than half a meter tall with bright red skin walking toward them at a slow pace. It looks somewhat like an ankylosaurus but with no tail or head.

Watching in time with Ling the seismograph readings match the timing of its footsteps.

Sweeping over the North and looking about a bit Shank sees a four legged creature no more than half a meter tall with bright red skin walking toward them at a slow pace. It looks somewhat like an ankylosaurus but with no tail or head.

Watching in time with Ling the seismograph readings match the timing of its footsteps.
Shank considers that it might be the critter that opened the walker up and decides it's better to be safe than sorry. He shares these ruminations briefly with the rest of the squad "Bogey sighted bearing North. Maybe one of the tank-munchers. Stand clear - 3 ..2 ..1 .. Fire in the hole!"

Shank then aims at the critter and fires a burst with the walker's guns.

"Oh yay! Something big enough to use the big guns on. I'm ever so excited," says Sharpe, with a wry grin. He'll keep an eagle eye on the perimeter.

Shank lets rip with the cannons. He and Ling see through the telescopic sights that he catches the creature mid-step, throwing off its balance. The beast wobbles as it is pelted by cannons. Each shell bursting and dousing it in acid. The creature then falls side ways onto the ground...

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back