Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Can we assume that at least one of these uglies is not longer safely ensconced in it's secure enclosure?" asks Sharpe. "I vote for an aggressive shoot first policy here..."

"Can we assume that at least one of these uglies is not longer safely ensconced in it's secure enclosure?" asks Sharpe. "I vote for an aggressive shoot first policy here..."
Shank overhears this on the comms and replies "Maxim #37: There is no overkill. There is only open fire and I need to reload."

Shank overhears this on the comms and replies "Maxim #37: There is no overkill. There is only open fire and I need to reload."
"Shouldn't Oh sweet fuck, NOOooo... be in there somewhere?" asks Sharpe. "Obviously that one is for lesser mortals, not Marines made of adamantium and aggression."

"My interest is mainly professional, Shanky," Sharpe continues. "Lets say that some Imperial Citizen ends up wearing their glistening guts as a kilt, and with their dying breathe looks to me and asks what does one say in a situation like this? I, as a loyal servant of the Empire, would like to able to give them an answer out of the book. People seem strangely uncomfortable when I ad lib," Sharpe finishes.

"Shouldn't Oh sweet fuck, NOOooo... be in there somewhere?" asks Sharpe. "Obviously that one is for lesser mortals, not Marines made of adamantium and aggression."
"Oh! Sweet fuck, Nooooo. Not an existential crisis!"
"My interest is mainly professional, Shanky," Sharpe continues. "Lets say that some Imperial Citizen ends up wearing their glistening guts as a kilt, and with their dying breathe looks to me and asks what does one say in a situation like this? I, as a loyal servant of the Empire, would like to able to give them an answer out of the book. People seem strangely uncomfortable when I ad lib," Sharpe finishes.
"Kid, we've got phased plasma pulse rifles, we got ... Never mind."

"Try not to be the one wearing your guts as a kilt. I always say. The book doesn't cover this shit."

Last edited:
Griff proceeds to search the location for any supplies, explosives in particular. He also looks over any systems/equipment that control the bunker to see if there's a playback in events of what occurred here.
Griff finds little on the current floor aside from the contents of the fridge though it is a decent bit of grub.

OOC: Rations with d6 supply dice

OOC: Current positions are

In hut: Everybody except Shank. Ling having joined to take a look at the body
Outside in Walker: Shank and NPC Linn

Griff motions to head down the stairs, weapons ready.

OOC:
If you are all heading down the stairs here's my presumed marching order for single file:

Sharpe (Front)
Raúl (NPC until Dumarest Dumarest 's return)
Potter
Griff
Ling (Back)

This is based on attack vs support focus of your marines. Let me know if this is wrong. If not I'll update in tomorrow.

Heading down the stairs Sharpe and Raúl enter first into a corridor with a T-junction ahead.

8b81ac13315839.562726b49882b.jpg

Lying against the wall is a short man with red hair in black security gear and a data chord plugged into his neck. Standing next to the man and looking at him is one of the Necro-hunters. When Sharpe first notices this the Necro-hunter looks him straight in the eye.

Through the tank's sensors Shank notices the dust settle in the clearing ahead where he shot the little creature.

As it does he notices the little beast attempting to stand. It's skin having turned from red to blue. It seems to be having a very hard time getting up though and is more simply rolling on its back

"CONTACT!" shouts Sharpe. He'll step to the side of the tunnel and unleash a bolt of fire at the Necro Hunter.

Through the tank's sensors Shank notices the dust settle in the clearing ahead where he shot the little creature.

As it does he notices the little beast attempting to stand. It's skin having turned from red to blue. It seems to be having a very hard time getting up though and is more simply rolling on its back
Shank opens the comms and says "Looks like our exploding friend is still alive."

He keeps an eye on the critter and shoots again if it looks like it's going to succeed in standing up.

"Shite, bad timin' sarge!" Griff yells as he moves into the corridor to start laying down fire on this critter. "We've got a wee problem of our own!"

"FUCK!" Ling exclaims, as she fires a wide a spray of ammo in the general vicinity of the necro-hunter - her thinking being that if there's a thick enough field of fire aimed at the xeno, even if it mucks with time wherever it chrono-shifts itself to will still hopefully catch a bullet or three.

"We need bigger fucking guns," laughs Sharpe. He'll follow the fire bolt with full rock and roll auto assuming he isn't wearing a Necro Hunter claw like a colostomy bag in the next couple of seconds.

The threat seeming to have been neutralized Potter readies his weapon and scans the area, 'What the hell went down here?'

OOC: To Hit rolls and Griff's Crit. Crit was the instant kill result

"CONTACT!" shouts Sharpe. He'll step to the side of the tunnel and unleash a bolt of fire at the Necro Hunter.
"Shite, bad timin' sarge!" Griff yells as he moves into the corridor to start laying down fire on this critter. "We've got a wee problem of our own!"
"FUCK!" Ling exclaims, as she fires a wide a spray of ammo in the general vicinity of the necro-hunter - her thinking being that if there's a thick enough field of fire aimed at the xeno, even if it mucks with time wherever it chrono-shifts itself to will still hopefully catch a bullet or three.
For a moment Potter feels a stinging sensation on his chest. Then the Necro Hunter is clipped on the shoulder by Sharpe's bolt of bullets throwing off its sight directed at Potter.

Stumbling slightly the Hunter rapidly leaps toward Ling. At the same time a second copy suddenly appears near Sharpe holding a severed head in its left arm.

Griff reacts with machine like precision and fires a bullet straight through both hunter's heads before they reach their targets.

The hunters die instantly, rolling forward with high speed and slamming into the tunnel walls. Both display the same shoulder wound. Even more disconcerting to Ling is that the severed head held by the second hunter is her own.

The threat seeming to have been neutralized Potter readies his weapon and scans the area, 'What the hell went down here?'
In the quiet after the attack Potter can sense an active data stream from the cable attached to the man further down the corridor. It's two-way suggesting the man is alive.

OOC: Just deciding to put in little links back to stuff. In this case it's probably unnecessary but as the game goes on and since PbP events can be so far apart in real time I thought it might be helpful

"Oh." Ling stares at the disembodied head of her... doppleganger? chronal double? self from an alternate timeline?

Clearly more than a little discombobulated, she looks around to see if a headless body of herself is anywhere in the area.

Finally, somewhat mechanically, she goes over to the head, to try to get some readings off of it - perhaps tachyons or some sort of chronal energy - that might hopefully prove useful in planning sort sort of defense against the fucking nightmares.

"I'd rather you didn't," the medic replies, in a somewhat detached, disassociated manner, as she continues her scanning. "Also, let's assume any jokes about getting ahead in the world, or getting a little head, are already made."

OOC: I read the words "Griff's Crit" and assumed I was absolutely buggered

"Ling, please fer the love of all that might be holy tell me that yer head there ain't yours and yer not some doppelfucker? I dinnae wanna fash mesen too much, like, as I'm still ridin' the high from that glorious shootin' I just displayed." Groaning, Griff moves to secure the rest of the floor. "Did this wee free bastard here pull in his... well not brother but alternate timeline pal over to help him or somethin'? What kinda freakshow hunting zoo is this place?"

"Ling, please fer the love of all that might be holy tell me that yer head there ain't yours and yer not some doppelfucker?
That's the question, isn't it? Griff had put to words the question that Ling had been trying, and failing, to ask herself. Am I the real Ling Zhao, or did she die barely a minute ago, and the person now trying to determine what happened just some weird, temporal glitch in the universe?
What kinda freakshow hunting zoo is this place?"
"I don't know," she answers slowly, "but it was a deliberate decision to bring these horrors here, and if I ever find the corporate fucker who signed off on that, the only question will be if I kill them quickly or slowly."

Last edited:
Shank, who has only heard this secondhand through the comms, chips in and asks "Is everything ok? Do you need me to head down there and lend a hand?"

OOC: from what is known of the necro-hunters, are they of animal intelligence, or have they ever shown in technological ability? Also, besides their homeworld (if known) and this planet, has their presence been confirmed on any other worlds?

Potter gets close to the dead hunter and Ling's head. 'What the fuck?' I mutter.

Then I turn to the figure down the corridor, 'He's alive,' I tell the others and approach with caution.

Finally, somewhat mechanically, she goes over to the head, to try to get some readings off of it - perhaps tachyons or some sort of chronal energy - that might hopefully prove useful in planning sort sort of defense against the fucking nightmares.
The head gives off some pretty weird readings on Ling's equipment. Ling isn't a mech-head herself, but from what she can grasp from the technical jargon coming up on her scanner "some sort of chronal energy" fits the bill.

The scanner also shows the head is unconscious but not yet dead. Brain damage from excitotoxicity is still a minute away.

OOC: from what is known of the necro-hunters, are they of animal intelligence, or have they ever shown in technological ability? Also, besides their homeworld (if known) and this planet, has their presence been confirmed on any other worlds?
OOC: According to the files their home world is closely guarded corporate secret as the owner's of the park bought its location at a high price from scouts. Park xenopsychologists estimate human level intelligence or close to at least. The basic files Potter found go into no more detail about how this intelligence was assessed and the relevant file is marked as requiring higher clearance.

The Walker's scanners pick up a pack of flying creatures, three strong, have flown into the area and are circling above the walker.

Potter gets close to the dead hunter and Ling's head. 'What the fuck?' I mutter.

Then I turn to the figure down the corridor, 'He's alive,' I tell the others and approach with caution.
The man on closer inspection is mouthing something with his eyes closed. Closer up Potter can also sense huge data transfers going in both directions from the man to the mainframe systems.

"Oh shit," Ling mutters softly. Then somewhat louder, she says to the others, motioning toward the head as she does so. "It... she... is still alive. I could try to keep it from brain death, to see if... she can shed any light on what just happened, if I start pretty much now. But even if I can keep her alive in the long term, it wouldn't be any sort of mercy. I don't think she... I would want that."

"Marvelous!" says Sharpe. "Perhaps I can find you something like large jar to keep it in." He looks around like one might happen to be lying about. Then, after a moment, "Well, perhaps if one turns up." he says, hesitantly. ... "I'll just set up a perimeter shall I?"

"Oh shit," Ling mutters softly. Then somewhat louder, she says to the others, motioning toward the head as she does so. "It... she... is still alive. I could try to keep it from brain death, to see if... she can shed any light on what just happened, if I start pretty much now. But even if I can keep her alive in the long term, it wouldn't be any sort of mercy. I don't think she... I would want that."
"Marvelous!" says Sharpe. "Perhaps I can find you something like large jar to keep it in." He looks around like one might happen to be lying about. Then, after a moment, "Well, perhaps if one turns up." he says, hesitantly. ... "I'll just set up a perimeter shall I?"
Séadna Séadna
Shank overhears this on the comms and asks the woman "Is there room in your stasis box?"

Séadna Séadna
Shank overhears this on the comms and asks the woman "Is there room in your stasis box?"
Linn turns to Shank and takes the head tank off her back.

"Just give me a second to look here..." she says typing some basic queries into the tanks mounted mini-console "...yeah I think so. Doesn't really have any power consequences either so the tank will last just as long..."

She gazes at the Walker's monitors.

"...no way I'm going out there on my own though pal"

Linn turns to Shank and takes the head tank off her back.

"Just give me a second to look here..." she says typing some basic queries into the tanks mounted mini-console "...yeah I think so. Doesn't really have any power consequences either so the tank will last just as long..."

She gazes at the Walker's monitors.

"...no way I'm going out there on my own though pal"
Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Smith Smith, Voros Voros, Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl -

Shank opens the comms and says "The civvie's stasis box has room for alt-Ling's head. Get it up here stat and we can use the box."

OOC: Presumably if this head preservation tech exists then the technology to grow another body also exists.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back