Stay Frosty III - Welcome to the Jungle

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: Presumably if this head preservation tech exists then the technology to grow another body also exists.
OOC: Indeed it does.
It'd be likely a place like this park would have the facilities given its wealth and risk of injury.

"Do we have schematics or anything that might help us find it?" asks Sharpe.

Okay, we're doing this, Ling thinks to herself as she applies a bit of her medical nano-paste to the head - just enough to temporarily stabilize her 'sister's' condition and halt the slide toward brain-death, but not enough to awaken her. Once she has done so, she will begin carrying the head up toward the stasis box with her left arm, her assault rifle in her right hand.

Okay, we're doing this, Ling thinks to herself as she applies a bit of her medical nano-paste to the head - just enough to temporarily stabilize her 'sister's' condition and halt the slide toward brain-death, but not enough to awaken her. Once she has done so, she will begin carrying the head up toward the stasis box with her left arm, her assault rifle in her right hand.
I'll cover giggle sisters and hold the stairs.
When Ling and Sharpe head back out of the hut they see a trio of bird like creatures circling high in the sky near the Walker. If they see Ling and Sharpe they aren't currently doing anything about it.

OOC: Walker is about 200 meters from the hut's door

Last edited:
When Ling and Sharpe head back out of the hut they see a trio of bird like creatures circling high in the sky near the Walker. If they see Ling and Sharpe they aren't currently doing anything about it.

OOC: Walker is a about 200 meters from the hut's door
Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl, Fenris-77 Fenris-77 -

Shank pops the hatch briefly and waves at them, then continues to keep an eye on any critters in the region. If the flying creatures try to attack Ling he will shoot at them.

"Ok Ling, you leg it, and I'll cover you from here. I'll duck back into the hut if I have to," say Sharpe.

"Thanks," Ling replies to Sharpe. She glances up briefly at the flying creatures before darting toward the walker.

OOC: Using Nobby's idea of pinging

Nobby-W Nobby-W Fenris-77 Fenris-77 Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl
"Thanks," Ling replies to Sharpe. She glances up briefly at the flying creatures before darting toward the walker.
Ling runs out across the grass toward the Walker. One of the bird creatures glances down in her direction as she runs. However none of the creatures move to attack Ling.

c589d71db7c8ba056037b4f950738bff.jpg

She reaches the Walker safe and sound. Linn has the stasis chamber ready for her as she enters.

"Just drop it in here quick..." she says pointing the open end to Ling, however a look of shock overcomes her "...ehhhhhh....that head you're holding looks a lot like you...something I should know?"

"Just drop it in here quick..." she says pointing the open end to Ling, however a look of shock overcomes her "...ehhhhhh....that head you're holding looks a lot like you...something I should know?"
"I have a really dedicated fan club," Ling replies tersely, as she puts the head in the stasis box.

OOC: just for clarification, we only found a head for alt-Ling, not the rest of her body, right?
OOC: Sorry you asked this #425 and it slipped my mind. Indeed no body was present

"I have a really dedicated fan club," Ling replies tersely, as she puts the head in the stasis box.
"Heh okay..." she says tilting her head with a slight smile "...I'll keep my wild guesses to myself for now..." she seals the tank back up after Ling places the head in.

"Okay readings are fine, looks like your fan here is safe for now"

OOC: Can I look over the data this guy is working with? Is it safe to disconnect him or pause his function?

OOC: Can I look over the data this guy is working with? Is it safe to disconnect him or pause his function?
Looking at the cable and the interface at the back of the neck, Griff feels he could probably disconnect the guy safely, but it wouldn't be totally assured.

"Potter, can you a wee mind... poke or whatever? Make sure this guy doesnae become a bloody vegetable if I disconnect 'im."

Sharpe gets on the comms. "Ling, do need me to cover your run back to the shed or are you staying put?" he asks.

Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl

Ling turns to Shank. "You going to be okay here?" she asks.

"All right," Ling responds with a nod. "Cover me."

As she gets ready to head out of the walker, on her comm she says to Sharpe, "Heading back over now." Then, with a quick upward glance to make sure the flying creatures aren't too close, she sprints back toward the hut.

"All right," Ling responds with a nod. "Cover me."

As she gets ready to head out of the walker, on her comm she says to Sharpe, "Heading back over now." Then, with a quick upward glance to make sure the flying creatures aren't too close, she sprints back toward the hut.
Sharpe will cover from just outside the door. Once Ling is in he will follow and shut the door.
Ling runs across the grass toward the hut. The creatures in the air simply look at her but don't make any move to actually attack her. She reaches Sharpe in short order.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77, Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl, Séadna Séadna -

Shank flips the safety off the cannons, "Fangs out".

He sweeps the area with the sensors, keeping watch for any airborne or grounded critters and ready to open fire.
Shank spots nothing out of the ordinary while Ling makes her run. The airborne creatures just keep circling the Walker up in air.

Potter reaches out and probes the tech connected to the fellow to see what it is doing.
Reaching into the datastrean, Potter feels his senses dulled by the deluge of data but the intent is pretty clear from even a brief dive into the feed.

The man has been plugged in as an extra number crunching node for the local supercomputer, his entire brain almost entirely taken up with heavy calculations to the point where his conscious mind has been suppressed.

Last edited:
"What's the verdict, Potts? Dya ken if he'll survive it or no? I wanna to see if he's got any answers, ya ken. Especially as he's been piddlin' aboot here with those necro fuckers lurking, leavin' him be."

"Alreet, mebbe I'm doin' the poor bugger a service..." Griff mumbles as he goes about carefully disconnecting him. He opens up radio comms as he works, "Ling, I hope you and yer 'sister' 's wee head are all doin' fine but I might need ya here soon in case I create a blubberin' veggie man."

OOC: It's coming up Griff, another Crit

Griff begins to disconnect the cable, using his tools to severe it, but the nanonics in his finger tips to keep a steady rate on tuning down the data flow.

Finally he plugs out the cable and the man slowly opens his eyes.

"Wha...where..."

He gazes up at Griff and then Potter.

"My god...you're both beautiful"

Last edited:
"Y'alright pal? Yer've been plugged into the wee box here for quite some time, dya ken boot the whole distress signal situation goin' on?"

Rolling his eyes, Griff whacks Potter on the arm. He hisses "keep it in yer pants, mate, we're on a job 'ere."

"Y'alright pal? Yer've been plugged into the wee box here for quite some time, dya ken boot the whole distress signal situation goin' on?"
"Distress signal....yeah, I...I recall it. I heard it in the distance when I was plugged in..."

His gaze wanders around Potter as he speaks, not looking straight at him but more tracing around him. However he looks directly at Griff with his arm outstretched.

"You are exquisitely augmented. The machinery is integrated into your blood stream. If I could commune..." as he speaks his hand slowly wanders toward Griff's shoulder.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back