Stormbringer: The Book of Souls IC Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thw old man sighs.

"You have the chart showing the location of the book. By coming here, you have set wheels in motion. The Balance begins to sway. The Powers that Be will not be upset, but the Powers that Were will attempt to keep a truth hidden."

"It is the way of things, change comes, some don't like it, but that is life in many ways."

"Yes, all things must change..." Djevbrok looks around his pocket dimension, a wistful expression on his face.

From behind comes a sudden, jarring noise. A clash of steel on steel. Tyraa comes staggering through the portal.

"Sorry, Cap'n. We couldn't..."

The sailor collapses to the floor, blood spreading in a growing pool around the body. A heavy set man with a the Arrows of Chaos tattooed on his forehead, wearing chain mail and carrying a huge scimitar steps over the dead sailor. Three rough looking warriors moving to back him up.

"Well old man, I found you at last," He grates in a voice like gravel. "Hand over the charts and nobody else has to die."

The Pan Tangian grins maliciously.

Enraged at Tyraa's death, Azla charges at the smug interloper, but her rage overtakes her skill, and her slash with her broadsword comes up short. Worse, her off-balance stride leaves her vulnerable to attack.

OOC: DEX 9, Attack roll =59, Parry roll = 79 (welp, this won't last long)

Last edited:
"You take the poser, lads. I'll deal with this one!"

HIs scimitar sings as it slices the air, but little else. He moves to parry, but loses his grip on his blade, which skitters across the floor. The panicked look on the Pan Tangian's face is comical, but this battle is just beginning.

(76 attack, 99 parry! 51 on the fumble table)

The three pirates spread out around Valric.

"Come on lads, we can take this pampered idiot!"

(OOC: Love the attack! And here's a combat tracker I've set up on Google Docs. Add your relevant details and everyone is on the same page)

"You come to despoil this place? With your madness?" He says as he draws back and strikes deep with his spear since it was already in hand. (Weapons Short Spear Skill: 79, Roll 32, Parry: 57, Roll 05. Damage if that hits: 5. If I need to use the Dice Roller instead, let me know. I also have a target shield on my arm to parry if that's a better option than the spear parry.)

Last edited:
The pirate Valric attacked tries to parry, but moves his blade just a whisker too slow. The spear neatly bypasses his leather armour and he cries out in pain.

His companions dart in, obviously well used to fighting as a group. They swing from opposite sides and Valric manages a clever parry that snaps the badly forged blade of the pirate. However, the other manages to bypass the Melnibonean's guard with the tip of his blade. (29 and 13 on the attack rolls, but a critical parry breaks the attacking weapon. And 10 damage from the hit.)

The Pan Tangian captain grins at Azla as he casually steps over to pick up his blade.

"You look like you know the winning side when you see it. Leave this fop, then we can go reave the Pale Sea and the Oldest Ocean together. Nobody could stop us!"

Azla smirks at the pirate's attempt at flattery, even as she darts forward to attack while he is attempting to retrieve his weapon.

Her stab with her broadsword is in much better form this time, although she leaves herself open to counter-attack in the process.

OOC: Attack roll = 19 Parry roll = 78

The pirate captain tries to get his blade in line for a parry, but the angle is all wrong. (Rolled 79, see ow much damage you do. And don't forget your damage bonus if you have one).

"Fop? This man is a fool. If he thinks me a fop." (Did you roll my armor soak for me, or do I need too. If I do it's 6.) I grunt at the wound regardless but tighten my stance to strike again with my spear snapping out like a viper. (I did forget my damage bonus, sighs. It's 1d6 so if you want to take that into account after the fact. I rolled a 3. I've forgotten so much of Chaosium.)

I strike for the wounded pirate to reduce my enemies. (Roll: 10 vs 79 to strike Parry: 24 vs 57)

Azla's broadsword strikes a solid blow, but perhaps not enough to get past the man's chain mail...

Damage = 4

The wounded pirate mistimes his parry quite badly. Not critically badly, but still one his shipmates would laugh at in a sparring match aboard ship. In these circumstances, it could be a deadly mistake. (81 for his parry, 2 on his armour roll)

Broken Sword pulls a dagger, while the two pirates that still have swords attempt to get past Valric's guard. (83 and 07 for attacks. 11 and 30 for parry attempts. Against attack 51 and defence 43. I've rolled one damage, as only one of them can hit. And it's for 13. Ouch.)

The Pirate Captain takes a scratch from Azla's blade, countering with a nifty little riposte.

"Just give me the charts and you can walk out of here," he growls "I'm only being paid for the maps, not to kill you."

(31 attack, 6 damage)

Azla grimaces in pain as her armor absorbs some of the damage, but not enough...

Armor roll = 2

"Charts? What charts?"

"Aargh. You fools, I suggest you flee, before demons hound you eternally." He says through clenched teeth (armor soaks 8, so but I'm still hurting pretty bad. My strike did 10)

"Need I tell you do you not know my blood is that of Melnibone?" He strikes again with his spear at one of those armed with swords (37 vs 79 to hit 01 to parry vs 57. Darn why not to hit! Damage if I hit: 9)

"Azla if you must flee, do so, but I will not let the madman gain one inch while my heart stirs in my chest. May Lassa's sweet breath take me to journeys far beyond these lands. Should I fall."

Valric whispers a true prayer to Lassa as he battles on.

(Note: After armor, I've 12 HP If I subtracted right.)

OOC: so who goes next, Azla or one of the NPCs?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back