Strife in Lake Superior: IC Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"Operator? Superheroes?" Araceli could not wrap her head around the mystery surrounding the night. It just kept getting more and more unique and she already knew that she would remember this night for as long as she lived. She could not comprehend Virtus's comparison of superheroes in the slightest. It made her heart sink how there were people who could not understand that their ideals as Princesses meant something greater. Why could he not see that? Nevertheless, Araceli shook off his words with a polite smile.

"It's nice to meet you Virtus. You could not have come at a more awkward time for us. All of us have just met each other. In fact, it’s hard to believe that you even came here at all. How did you even manage to find us? And who is this mysterious Operator?” Suspicion was at the forefront of her mind.

Megan sighed and leaned back against the wall. "As for me, I'm just not hero material. I'm a lowlife. The pathetic kid at the back of the class who won't have a stable income and resort to selling herself on the street-" She managed to stop herself before going into detail. "But that's not important. What's important is that we're all together, and we can work somethin' out. And I've just realised none of us have properly introduced ourselves yet." She suddenly straightened up.

"I am the herald of joy and laughter, the delightful actress of the flowing wind, the Scion of Spring, MINTY BREEZE!"
(OOC: Insert dramatic pose here)
"...Was that too much? Probably. Worth it? Definitely. Anyway what's your story, Mornin' Glory?"

Virtus sighs "Look, I ain't come here to be Bosley or whatever. Superheroes probably was a bad word n' all that but look..." he raises a hand, closing his fingers one by one into only his index finger remains up. "Long story short, somethin' big is going down that I am not fully privy to but need you three. You'll help save the day n' the city in general and then can go back t' doin' what it is you lot do. Honestly it seems t' be bigger than the lot of us and I am about as knowledgable as you all are. As fer how I found ya? Well..." he taps the side of his head. "Magic..." and that's all he could really actually explain that as. He pauses after a long moment.

"Why d'ya all hate superheroes anyways?"

Lilliana giggled at Megan's dramatic introduction. She was stunning and fun to watch. Who knew that someone so lighthearted could still be so stylish? It was a bit of an eye-opener for her and she realized once again how little she really knew. This only increased her own resolve to keep trying to learn new things to better help society. Her attention snapped back to Virtus as soon as he started speaking again and she waited until he finished. His question about why they hated superheroes still hanging in the air like a cloud of smoke between them.

"I don't think we necessarily hate that term. At least I don't. We aren't heroes out of a comic that are hard to beat and seemingly infallible at times. We're just people who decided to do something about the world and got powers that allowed us to do that. We all have our different ways of adding our own spark to the world. I wonder what yours is?"

Lilliana let this question sit and fester for a moment, but quickly resumed speaking once the pause reached peak dramatic effect. She didn't know if he would actually answer after all.

"If you can prove that there is something big going down and that we can help, then I personally volunteer to come with you right away. I want to fix whatever is plaguing this town."

"Ah..." he leans back against the abandoned house for a moment as he speaks. Virtus reaches up, stroking his chin for a moment before he says "T'be honest? I have no way t' really prove what's going down is even really that huge. Least not enough to convince three people I just met by 'mysterious circumstances.'" He smiles though "You will just have to trust me...at least look into it aye? You're not bad kids..." he then pauses.

"My spark...my spark is reminding people that superheroes ain't hard to beat or infallible and that's just a gimmick some writers tend tah use in order to show off whatever power fantasy they have. Superman is fallible and he's beaten by a simple glowing green rock. He's a man who has great, terrible power and yet tries to always do good by it. He doesn't always succeed and the world sometimes fears him for it but he works his hardest to try n' do right because that's just how things are 'sposed to be." He chuckles and rubs the back of his head "Listen to the old man prattle on 'bout the comics he read as a child..."

Listening to such a man who still held some affections for superheroes in his heart could only move Araceli's own. The whole situation opened up a new realm of beautiful possibilities to her. While he had not entirely made his intentions clear, there was no denying that she would not be able to forget about this offer. Lilliana was more than ready to volunteer her night to bring this mystery its end for the night. Araceli remembered their emails, and how they had talked about the injustice painting the town a nasty color. She would not leave her unattended with an equally enigmatic man. They started the night together. They would end it together.

But the reason why they made contact was the mutual disgust aimed towards her father. While she was almost found out with a misstep here and there, he could never catch up to her activities. He was so convinced that his own daughter wouldn't want to make the same mistake like the one at her last birthday party. She laid out her options.

1.) Go with Lilliana and not worry about her safety. Also, get some answers out of this.

or

2.) Don't go with Lilliana, worry about her safety, and return home to parents who could make the atmosphere uncomfortable even if they were asleep.

Araceli shook her head. It was a Champion's duty to look over others and protect with all your being. Even if she wasn't lucky this time around, her duty was sacred.

She directed her attention towards Virtus. "You shouldn't feel ashamed about it. After all, you probably would have been a very different person without reading those comics about superheroes and their grand ideals. We need to clear up this air of doubt between all of us. I need to know that I'm not placing my trust in all the wrong places. For that reason, I also volunteer myself to see for myself who is in charge of all this."

((Collab between TemplumDomini, RdMarquis, and G.I.Rose.))

The Thompson Mansion was a beautiful white manor with a fountain in front and elegant gardens with multicolored flowers. Though small in size, it nevertheless showed off the wealth of its owner, although to Mage Sight, it would be blazing with several wards and protections, some instinctively familiar to Riley. The staff would automatically allow the young man in; same for the other Mage, Adrian. Kyle Thompson would be sitting on the living room, which was cleaned up from the mess that was his latest party. He would then look at the two Magi if they had entered in at the same time, and say, "Greetings, my name is Kyle Thompson, but when dealing in 'unusual business', you guys can call me Operator."

Adrian was, of course, making sure that the wards that she could see with space and mind mage sight were holding up. She was, at present at least, the most powerful of all of the mages in attendance, although that wasn't exactly saying much considering what they were up against. She also was making sure to keep an eye out for any scrying windows, or active probes in the minds of the newer guests who arived shortly after she did. To a point she knew the names from the memories she had watched in Kyle's head, but she didn't have any faces to put to the names, so she kept from making a fool of herself by trying to guess.

She also had some rather harsh words about the codename Operator, but she couldn't suppose she was much one to judge dumb shadow names since she didn't keep one for particularly long enough for it to be useful.

Riley has had a long day, which is apparent by his expression. Nonetheless, he watches his step on the way in and grumbles his thanks to the people who show him to the living room. After quickly examining a chair with his magical senses, he flops down on it. "Medraut." Neither of them were getting his real name in the near future. Though, if Kyle moved in the same circles as his father, it would be a pretty big clue to what that name was. "Do you have to put up with this horrifying revelation crap every single day?" He asks, exasperated.

Kyle nods. "Yes, yes we do; literally every day unless we wall ourselves off from the world, and even that doesn't work half the time." A smile. "And although I can't read minds, I can guess what you're thinking; do I move in the same circles as Alouette's parents? Well, I won't have met her if I didn't."

A pause as Kyle said, "I give the impression I am interested only in parties and galas. Part of me wishes that were really the case. But right now, I am the main linchpin of resistance to the Mayor and his attempts to plunge this town and the rest of America into a calamity. Well, I and some Magi and Magical Youth."

Facing both Merdaut and Adrian, Kyle said to the latter, "So, can you help give a short briefing on what Magic actually is, as well as the main organizations of Magi? Then after that, I'll share what I know of Magical Youth and the Light. After that, I'll tell everyone about my general strategy to begin the process of healing in this town."

"Well, to put it the most simply, Magic is looking at the true face of the world, recognizing what everything you can see is a lie created by the abyss between this world and the Supernal Realms, and is a twisted mimicry of the truth, and realizing that you can always twist a lie to suit a purpose, and what everyone calls reality is no different.

"As for the various organizations, the most of the diamond are a bunch of ancient people so terrified of progress that they try to avoid anything created by the unawoken as a means of trying to keep their magical powers pure in connection to Atlantis, which was probably real at some point in time, it's complicated. And then you have the Free Council, who aren't the most powerful, but aren't so ideologically up their own ass that they can't see the obvious benefits of using the unawoken way of parsing the lie in their own magic.

"The other group of relevance at the moment are the Seers of the Throne. Basically a powerful Anti-Awoken cult that also tries to stay ideologically atatched to Atlantis like the others, but is basically about as evil as the hypothetical love child between Hitler and Jack the Ripper raised by a howling pack of particularly evil tiger sharks."

"I sense a sales pitch." But Riley intends to give them the benefit of the doubt. He turns his regard to Adrian. "What does that mean for us in practical terms? You've thrown a bunch of capital letters at me," so he presumed, "but they're not helping me understand what I've seen." Riley's eyes shoots over to Kyle. "Do they know about her? I mean, the magic thing?" He rummages in his backpack for a pen and a notebook.

((Part 2 of the Collab))

Kyle sighs. "Basically, here's the practical. Reality? It's a lie. Not Science, not Technology, not Non-magical stuff, but Reality itself. You cannot wish it away, you cannot will it into changing. You have to find the control room of reality and use the right 'codes' to change the lie you live in. However, the reason the codes reach Humanity in the first place is because there are infilitrators and moles working in the 'control room' where a bunch of assholes dictate stuff like the Law of Gravity or Murphy's Law or the law that says no good deed goes unpunished. And the moles and infilitrators hand out the codes to us from time to time." A frown. "Basically, we're the Resistance, Reality is the Matrix, and the Seers are people who willingly serve the Machines, who turn out to be fellow human beings who just want to keep us trapped in The Matrix forever."

A pause. "And yes, they know about her. Your...relation, she's a Princess, a member of the Enlightened. The Enlightened are what we now know as Magical Boys and Girls, and their story is interesting. You see, back in the past, there was a Kingdom, a Kingdom made up of smaller nations and countries that all lived in harmony. They lived according to Fairness, Prevention of Harm, Legitimate Authority, Purity/Sacredness, and In-Group Loyalty; those are part of a real-life theory of Moral Foundations, by the way. But, one day, they grew self-righteous, and prefered to strut about arrogantly instead of keeping things better, and then the Darkness, a force that we know as 'evil', attacked and destroyed everything. The Darkness is a force more powerful than even what we Magi deal with," he gave a look at Adrian, "and that includes The Abyss."

Another pause. "The Abyss is the great yawning void between The Matrix and Reality's Control Room, by the way; it makes it so that if we use Magic all willy-nilly, something bad happens. Stuff like getting hurt or hurting our friends or people around us. But back to Magical Girls."

"The Enlightened were the best and brightest and most heroic of all; good people further empowered by The Light - which is more miserly in its gifts than the people who empower us Magi. When the Darkness attacked, it shut them away in another dimension until the Moon Landings, after which they began reincarnating into people. A few who are exceptionally...noble do become Enlightened without having been reincarnated, though; those people are precious." Another frown. "The relevance of this is that the Mayor of this town is a Seer of the Throne; same for the heads of the Association of Dairy Farmers and the Lake University. And he's decided to side with the Darkness to overcome the Abyss, and potentially take over Reality's control room for himself instead of just his masters."

Kyle then finished, breathing hard.

Even though Adrian hadn't ever bothered to put the idea into terms of pop culture like that since the concept was a fairly simple one in her head, she had to admit internally that it was a decent enough metaphor to compare it to the Matrix, and that she should probably actually get around to actually watching it, but that was something for later.

"Normally, this would be a relatively simple deal if it weren't for the fact that the Awoken are involved, and we probably wouldn't be getting involved otherwise, after all, nothing can quite muck up a plan worse than someone who can twist the lie just as much if not more than you are, and nothing can quite extend the utter devastation something like this could bring than someone who can literally breed hatred into the minds of humans by altering their brain."

She didn't really have much at all to say on the Light and the Darkness, she had gotten the same spiel earlier when she read Kyle's brain on everything he knew about this situation, but she hadn't done her own analysis to come to a conclusion before she really talked about something new like that.

"Between your example and some video games I've played, I don't think magic is as secret as people might assume. That's not even getting into anime." Riley leaves off writing in his notebook, realizing he would need a place to hide it. "So what do we do, now?"

Kyle nods. "What we need to do is two-fold; one is to distract the Mayor by hitting him in his magical interests, the other is to use politics, diplomacy, and economics to weaken the toxic divide between the two political factions of the city. And by that, we need to restore prosperity to the town by inviting in new sources of income for the people. Basically, if people don't make money from hate or people who foster hate, hate is weakened. Even if Magic is used, the fact is that at some point, casting spells en masse becomes unprofitable." A pause. "There are also a few more components to this: One, we need to ensure security so that no homegrown radicals, foriegn Islamist radicals, or mass murderers of any kind interfere. Two, we need to discourage people from using addictive and toxic social media. And three, we need to destroy the Mayor's power - in a legitimate manner."

The young man faces Riley. "Basically, weaken the Mayor's power and power base by the mid-term elections in November, then raise a black horse candidate to take his place. We know your relation is crucial to that, and so we need your support. Can we have it?"

OOC: Time here passes slower than IRL; November will not be the same as this November.

((Part Three of the Collab))

"It's worth pointing out, it isn't exactly secret that magic exists, since it is a part of the truth that every culture picks up on in its infancy, but the unawoken understand about as much of it as a three year old who glimpsed at the cover of a doctorate of physics textbook and tried to figure out what the contents of the book were from there.

"As for disposing of the Mayor's power, there are already a number of legitimate manners that I've brainstormed on the drive back here, so the important thing for now is a starting point for this grand experiment. Regardless, it would be useful to have someone who has connections with the inside of the den of corruption that is this town's politics."

"Word of advice." Riley looks annoyed. "When you say "foreign Islamist radicals" are an immediate threat, you're already buying what Eugene is selling. When guys like him need a witch to set an angry mob on, they'll find it." He was no expert in politics. But his parents were quite powerful, considerably knowledgable, and very cynical. More to the point, he had seen the worst (but also the best) of his new classmates at least twelve times, now.

A "month" ago, he had been an outsider. Which apparently meant a lot to some of his peers, who had gotten used to the way things worked at school (in their favor). Riley liked to think he wouldn't have risen to their bait if they "only" refused to accept him as a classmate. A couple of them outright wanted him gone. Over some Hatfield and McCoy garbage that he couldn't care less about. And he had almost gotten expelled for fighting with them.

On the other hand, his less than successful debut at school had shown him who his real friends were. Even if it took some time for him to accept them. Speaking of which... "Also, dark horse candidate? She's a kid. Even younger than me. What the hell, man?!"

Kyle faced the outraged Merdaut, looking him square in the eye. He then said: "It was her idea. Use your powers and your natural skills; you know this to be true."

OOC: Kyle is sincere; this can be confirmed IC with a success or two with Empathy.

"I hadn't been expecting anyone to be tossing their hat into that ring exactly, but for what it's worth, there isn't any real value in Town Mayor beyond ceremony and any power you can achieve for yourself, usually something you would be able to have either way from behind the scene with a little bit of extra effort. It's the reason you'll find towns who just didn't elect an mayor and voted for a dog." She wasn't deeply aware of politics, but she had scene and checked the stories about dog mayors in places that were at least as isolated and normally pointless to the rest of America as this town.

"But, regardless, we should still have backup plans regarding disposing of the Mayor. If we remove him from the public eye that might be useful, but it could also prove dangerous, since he is still a mage, and he could just regroup in the background where we can't find him nearly as easily. Though, present company considered, I assume there are objections to removing him and his allies from the public eye and just burying them so they can't keep up the scheme."

"It's not a good idea." Especially considering Adrian's point. "It's just going to put a target on her back." Riley facepalms. "And I really hope you don't mean killing them. I'm willing to fight these guys, but a lot could go wrong if that fight is to the death. Which isn't the biggest problem." Not even close. "I want to work on the whole "make this town a better place" project with you, but you need a better plan for replacing the mayor."

Kyle nods. "I'm willing to consider alternatives." He looks at Riley/Merdaut with a new light. "Hmm, depending on your birthday, you might be a better candidate than Alouette..."

"Well it would always be a tragedy, it's not like we can just beat him once and that will be that and he will stop trying to do this forever. But, my present ideas on how to neutralize his ability to work from a place of power are everything from systematically destroy any and every connection he has, which would take an extremely long time and would be tedious, to leaking evidence of his treachery to the seers in order to get someone else to deal with that half of the equation for us, but then the Seers are made all the bit more powerful for their knowledge, and that's always a bad thing. So if you have an idea for keeping this from becoming a recurring problem, I am all ears, although this is somewhat ahead of ourselves, it is something I personally feel should be kept in mind."

"Hell, no. I'm even worse for the job." At least Melanie was genuinely smart, not to mention (somehow) politically saavy. "Are you telling me there's no one qualified that doesn't have some dirtbag's hooks in them?" He sighs deeply, slumping back in his seat. "Fine. No, I mean it's not fine that we might have to kill someone, but...fine." Riley could recall his premonition with painful clarity.

Kyle sighs. "Then it seems that for now, this meeting ends. Anyway, help yourself to the fridge; don't tell anyone, but I cook."

Last edited:
Rain's beaming excitement and curiousity quickly returned after Virtus's explanation. His rant had clearly put her back at ease, and Araceli's mention of someone in charge put a wide smile back on her face.

"Wait, are there more of you? Do we get to meet more of you? What do you call yourselves anyway? What kinds of magic can you use? What do you need to do to use it? How long have you been able to do magic? How skilled are you compared to others like you?"

There was no missing Rain's excitement and anticipation now. She was now standing right next to Virtus, mere inches away from invading personal space. As the once restrained questions flowed out, she lost track of what she was supposed to with her arms, and cycled between pressing her forearms to her chest with clenched fists, to sticking her hands out behind her with wide open palms like she was Iron Man about to perform a vertical takeoff, to crossing them behind her back so that each hand grabbed the bicep on the other side.

((Collab between Ren Armany and Rice Waifu))

Lilliana watched as Rain started interrogating Virtus and smiled. Rain was a great person, but they could get a tad carried away when questioning something. Though some, Lilliana included, preferred it this way. So she turned her attention back to ‘Minty Breeze’ and walked closer to her.

“Remember when Breezeton High’s toilets overflowed? Twice? Yeah, that was me.”

One of the first things Lilliana noticed about Megan was the fact that she felt so free. Although, she was a Princess who had endured many hardships, she still kept performing with a smile on her face. That was a trait that Lilliana admired about her, even though they had only just met.

"I remember those incidents when I was a senior. The principal was so pissed, but they never caught the person who did it.” She giggles as she remembers how red in the face he got. “Minty Breeze is a dope name by the way, though I really hope it isn't the name you were born with for your own sake. I imagine that would be so weird to live with."

((Persuasion Roll to convince Megan to reveal her true name. 1 success))

“The name’s Megan, Megan Henning. No relation to Helen Henning. Or Henning’s Cafe. Except that a lie, my grandma runs the place.”

Lilliana adjusted the sleeves of her jacket slightly to make sure her burn marks weren’t visible. Her posture was relaxed and seemingly friendly. “Henning’s Cafe is amazing! I love going there when I’m not too busy. They have amazing pastries. Your grandma seems pretty cool.”

“Very cool. Anyway, what’s your life like?”

Lilliana looked slightly confused. “Like right now? I’m feeling that my life has definitely improved due to tonight to say the least.”

“I mean, when did you become a Princess? What’s your origin story?”

“Well I turned into an awesome Magical Girl around 9 months ago when I was 18. Long story short, I ended up finding some illegal weapons traders and getting myself into trouble when I was still in grade school. They knew who I was and decided to try and take care of me.” She rolls up her sleeve for a moment and shows Megan some of her burn marks. Quickly, Lilliana covers them back up again. “It took me many years to figure out where they were and who they were. I had help from a group called P1NP01NT which I worked closely with for awhile. I found out where their main headquarters was and waited for the perfect moment to try and strike. I didn’t hide my tracks very well so when I got there, they had already prepared for me and captured me with ease. Gave me another cool scar on my cheek. That’s when I Blossomed and found myself more than powerful enough to take down a group of thugs. They had hurt a lot of people before I was able to take them down myself. Now all of them are in jail and won’t be able to hurt anyone again. Well almost all of them are. ” She looks nervous before composing herself again. “What about you Megan?”

[[OOC: Wits+Expression roll: 1 success]]

Megan detransformed and smiled. “If you insist. So one fateful evening, I was out on a...erm…” She looked slightly panicked. “...night...stroll hope that worked, when I spotted what appeared to be a random clown bullying these adorable little kids. And I’m like “I ain’t having that” and I like went up to him and kicked him the ass, and he like turned to me and he had like these friggin’ shark teeth and empty eye sockets, like a horror movie villain. He proceeded to beat the shit out of me. As I was inches away from having my face chewed off, I suddenly had a flashback to when I myself was an adorable little kid and not the dumpster fire I am today. In the flashback, I was wetting myself from some vague shadows of clothing from the closet (I was a dumb kid) when my Dad came in to comfort me. He showed me even the Boogeyman isn’t so scary when you point out it’s silliness. At first I had no idea why now of all times to have a flashback, but then everything was all like loud music and glitter everywhere and the next thing I knew was that I was dressed in this really cute outfit for some reason and the clown was now cowering on the floor. And then I was all like BAM and POW and then he exploded into confetti and the kids were all like “Thanks for saving us” and I was all like “I HAVE LITERALLY NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON but you’re welcome” and I brought the kids back to their parents; they were really friendly, and then I realised that my family was going to think I got mugged and so I went back home, exchanged hugs and then I passed out hoping it was all just a fever dream. Happy Times.”

Lilliana was stunned by Megan’s incredible storytelling. It was so much fun to see Megan get so invested in telling her own story. She had a newfound respect for Megan. Not many people have the guts to fight a freaky looking clown straight out of a Stephen King novel.

Virtus sighs as he looks at his message and types back.

Doesn't seem like it. Remind me to gather revenge for when I get back though. I am not good with kids... -Virtus

After that he looks back at the others "Alright then. I have a car so I can drive you there. I will...attempt to answer questions while we are driving but keep in mind that I do have the wheel and will need to concentrate..."

Lilliana's eyes lit up. She strolled over to Virtus' car, her eyes judging all of its features. It was wise to make sure everything was operating smoothly, though she didn't think there would be any major problems.

((Look for flaws roll. Exceptional Success))

Lilliana knew that the car was working more than well enough for their needs. She understood every scratch, bump, and dent in the vehicle. Everything had a story to tell. Lilliana could read this car's story like an open book. "I call shotgun!" she yelled and climbed into front seat of the car. "Hurry up slowpokes!"

((Spending a Wisp to pinpoint the Mayor's location and identify him as the source of the spell. Using Informed (Supernal Magic) to upgrade the result of Sight of the Sorcerer's magic analysis roll. 3 Successes, upgraded to exceptional by Informed. Also rolling Wits+Occult for Reflected Light to determine the nature of the spell he just cast on us. Exceptional Success. Waiting to hear the details over Discord DMs before deciding Rain's IC reaction.))

Uh oh. This was kinda bad. But it looked like the scrying spell was fixed on their location, and not any one of them, so their best option was to leave. However, it looks like the Sorcerer can hear them, so she had to be subtle. Rain walked over to Megan and Araceli, placing a hand upon each of their backs and gently shoving them towards the car.

"Come on, you two, we should get going. I don't trust those neighborhood watch guys not to come back, and who knows what they'll accuse us of next time."

At that, Rain continued to urge the others into the backseat of the car as quickly as possible, nodding to Virtus as she passed him. "If my friend trusts you, I trust you. Either way, we should get going. I don't feel comfortable staying here any longer than necessary."

OOC: Rain advances her Aspiration of 'get a clearer view of Breezeton's problems'; everyone gets 1 Beat for a total of 2 Beats.

"Okaaaaay. But I get the window seat, ya hear?" Megan chortled before sliding into the car, but noticed Rain and Virtus was...concerned about something.

With that in mind, she leaned over to Rain and whispered "Is there somethin' else botherin' you?"

As long as they got to their destination, Araceli didn't have a preference over what seat she would have for the entirety of the ride. She smiled at Megan and Rain and let them get in ahead of her. "The window seat is all yours Megan. Let's get this show on the road!” Araceli climbs in after Rain and Megan get in the car with no hesitation.

Last edited:
"Right, rules o' the road then..." Virtus sighs softly as he feels the scrying. Not like he couldn't handle anything if it came to him but he didn't want to have the people around him right now in danger too. He rubs the back of his head as he gets into his car, tapping softly against the buttons a few times to put them back to softer settings so he doesn't blow out his passenger's ears. He then begins the journey...the long journey of the old mage and his...crew. "...Actually come to think of it I haven't had much thought 'bout the rules o' my car..."

(Collab between madzx and Ren Armani)

The foster home known as the Breezeton Central Home had seemed more hopeless than ever as of late. It was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Martens who had a lot of room for the foster kids, but little money to provide for them. The couple also homeschooled the kids as it was cheaper that way. There was less and less money to go around for food each week it seemed and there was a general feeling of anxiety about what would happen to all of those who lived there. Two rival donors had offered to make some donations to help provide for the foster home so they wouldn't have to give up any kids, but at what cost? One group was an extreme Christian group who wanted to change what was taught at their home, but the other group was an extremist 'Equality' group that wanted to censor everything that they didn't like. Neither of the groups offered a good way of solving the problems in a way that would help the orphans that needed it most. As much as this situation bothered her, Nikki knew there was nothing she could do about it other than trust the people responsible for the foster home to make the best decision. Still, she couldn't help but worry about the possible outcomes of taking either proposals and think over whether or not she should use her Noble powers to meddle or just trust others to handle it. During this tense period of time is when Nikki recieved a rather strange letter with no return address. It had no identifying aspects at all except for where it said 'For Nikki' on the back in crisp handwriting. As soon as she is aware of the letter, Nikki opens it with a curious look, wondering where it is from and what it is about.

Hello Nikki,

I have heard of the recent troubles that your favorite foster home has dealt with. It's a shame how they won't have enough money to keep all of their kids soon. You've been through a lot haven't you? I wonder if you have any idea of who your parents are or what they were like? A ghost of a memory that still haunts you. A familiar taste on the tip of your tongue. Maybe even a name that you can remember? No matter. That's not why I sent this letter to you. I have attached a photo of where you need to go to help your foster home. This isn't a request by the way. You know this is your only chance at properly saving the home that you have come to care for so much. Don't tell anyone else about this.

Sincerely,

Dynamo

The photo was of a warehouse that looked run down and seemingly abandoned from just the picture alone. There was a small number visible on the walls of the warehouse. 6C. The contents of the letter were intriguing, yet made Nikki's skin feel cold at the same time. On one hand, the fact that there was no return address and the fact that she has no idea who sent this obviously raises more than a few red flags. But then again, Nikki knew it could very well be someone trying to help with good reasons to remain anonymous, especially if they have are Nobles or have ties with Nobility. The mention of her parents, who had been deeply buried in her heart for so long, does stir emotions the girl had long forgotten, adding to her agitation. She did not like to dwell on those feelings.

As she recomposes herself and forces herself to think straight, the quick realization of how futile it is to dwell on it hits her like a train. If the person who sent this is indeed a friend with the means to help her solve the foster home's problem, she absolutely must meet them. If not, then whoever sent this clearly knows way too much about her and her home. That could be dangerous and leaving them alone could put everyone in danger and so they had to be dealt with. Of course, it was also possible that a kid was pulling a prank, in which case she had to go and check and give them an earful.

With her heart steeled to move forward, she looks around for Jane to let her know she has to leave and cover for her if anybody asks. Nikki finds Jane reading in the living room. She looks tired, but is clearly having a good time just having a moment to relax. It's hard to believe how much Jane has turned around since Nikki confronted her. "Hello Jane. There is a place I must go right away, can I trust you to watch out the home in my absence?" she asks softly, not wishing to go into too many details that could possibly endanger the girl.

Jane looked at Nikki with a somewhat confused look on her face, but it quickly changed into one of resolve. "Nikki. You've done so much for me. Of course I'll watch over the house. But please don't get into any trouble. I don't want you to get hurt." She smiles sadly as remembers how much Nikki has done for her and the house. It hurt her to know that the house wasn't doing so well. The Grace smiles satisfied at her answer and nods. "Thank you. I'm glad I can count on you. I will be back soon." she says and heads out to the warehouse.

It doesn't take long for Nikki to figure out where the warehouse is using the picture simply because Breezeton doesn't have that many random warehouses. There is a small door set into the wall of the warehouse that Nikki can see. Strange sounds can be heard the closer Nikki gets to the door. She takes a deep breath to stay in control of her fears and anxiety before stepping in, deciding to not transform until she has a better idea of what is actually going on.

The first thing that Nikki sees when she walks is a nicely furnished and comfortably lit room with careful attention to detail. The door she entered through had clearly been unlocked for her as when she looked at the door, it had several high security locks on it that were currently disabled. The entire warehouse had been seemingly converted into a large place to live. There were walls that split the warehouse up into different areas. Every piece of furniture, decor, and tech seemed to be precisely placed.

The room Nikki was in currently seemed to be a sort of living room. There was a huge couch surrounding a new HD TV that was currently playing a buddy cop movie. A woman was lounging on the couch eating some popcorn. Her auburn hair was tied back loosely in a ponytail. "You wanna watch this movie with me Nikki? It's pretty good." She rises up from the couch and turns around to face her guest. Her smile seemed genuine, but there was something about her that Nikki could feel was very off. "I'm Dynamo by the way. And no. It's not my real name. Don't ask." Her gaze suddenly turned ice cold for a moment sending chills down Nikki's spine.

Nikki stares at the warehouse's interior with a slightly dumbfounded expression as that was not what she expected to find at all, though she cannot deny this is a pleasant surprise. Still it is far too soon to let her guard down, and so Nikki immediately focuses back on the woman as soon as she speaks with a pleasant and polite, if reserved, smile. "Good evening, Dynamo. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She says and shakes her head at Dynamo's request to watch the movie with her. "Thank you, but Mrs. Martens asked me to watch over the children tonight." she says and glances over to the screen. "It is indeed a good movie.". Her smile widens just slightly at that, only to fade at the woman's next words and icy gaze, not flinching one bit despite feeling the urge to flee for her life for a moment! "I have no intention in prying, unless you give me a reason to." she says and produces the letter from her purse. "I would like to know however how you know so much about myself and the situation our foster home is going through, considering we have never met before."

(cont.)

Dynamo slowly started walking closer to Nikki. "It's what I do little girl. I know things that no one else is supposed to ever know. I have done a lot of research about you Nikki. I think we can help each other out. In exchange for your help with what I need, I'll give you a choice between two things. The information needed to save your foster home, or some more information about who you are." Dynamo has now gotten right in front of Nikki. They are about the same height, but Dynamo still seems to tower above. She holds out her hand. "Do we have a deal?"

Despite being towered over, the high school student does not back down for a single moment. She shakes her head at the older woman. "I am sorry, but I cannot make a deal with someone I barely know, and so secretive at that. You know so much about myself and yet I know nothing about you. How is that any fair? I am afraid if you want to strike a deal you are going to have to prove your real intentions before I agree to anything."

"Fine. I'll allow you to know one thing about what I want. Breezeton has been plagued by corrupt leaders for far too long. I hate them with a burning passion. That's why I want your help." Dynamo's serious expression indicates that she is most definitely telling the truth about this. "Plus it seems like you were stuck between a rock and a hard place with nowhere else to turn. I have a soft spot for people like you."

"You are asking a high schooler to help you? Forgive me, but I believe a relationship of this nature must be built on trust. If you want us to work together, you need to trust me and tell me what exactly you know, and in turn I will trust you as well. I am indeed stuck between a rock and a hard place as you say, but I will not compromise my ideals over it, or anything else. I would like to be sure than helping you is the right thing before agreeing to anything." she says resolute.

"I can assure that no such thing will occur. I simply need your help in bringing someone here by any means neccessary. That person is named Lilliana Vesper. She used to work very closely with me, but around a year ago disappeared off the face of the Earth. It's been nearly impossible for me to get any information on her whatsoever. However, I recently found a lead on her. You." The 'any means necessary' part raises all sorts of red flags to Nikki. Just as she thought, all the secrecy was not a good sign after all. She was in fact ready to politely refuse the offer and turn around when Lilliana's name was mentioned. Now anxiety and fear fills her heart as she begins to imagine why would someone like Dynamo be so obsessed with her. "You do not know where Lilliana is? Have you considered that perhaps she does not wish to be found?"

"I've considered that, but she was one of my closest comrades. I don't believe she would disappear like this without something major affecting her. At the very least, I want her to tell me to my face if she doesn't want to see me anymore. The day she left was one of the worst that our team had ever faced. Morale sunk. Everyone fell into a sort of slump. I held them together and got them through it though, but now I have a chance to see her again. Would you really deny me that chance?" Dynamo's desparate plea rang in Nikki's ears.

Nikki closes her eyes deep in thougths as she ponders Dynamo's words. It is clear by her tone that Lilliana is important to her and that she doesn not mean her any harm, at least for now. But that does not mean Nikki has any right to interfere in her friend's affairs. After further consideration, she opens her eyes and shakes her head. "It is not my place to allow or deny you that. There is something I can do for you but that my no means guarantees you will have what you wish. But before that, I would like to know how exactly I am a lead."

Dynamo thinks carefully before saying her next words. "Another member of my team was investigating her disappearance and found out all of the people that she was in contact with before her disappearance. There were almost no trails left behind. Lilliana was incredibly thourough, but we were able to get your name. We've spent a long time trying to figure out who you are and where you lived if that's any consolation. So we know you were in contact with her and still might be. That's why I sent you that letter myself."

Nikki listens silently and looks deep into Dynamo's eyes before speaking herself. "I can tell you care for Lilliana and your feelings are genuine. But if she walked away out of her own will, I doubt she did so without having a very good reason. I want to help you but I need you to trust me that I will do my best to reconcile the two of you. That may be beyond my capabilities but I am willing to try anyway. I have but one condition, if you let me help you, you have to promise that you will not try to track her down while I'm working on it, and respect her wishes if she truly does not want to be found. Can you do that?"

((OOC Empathy + Presence roll plus spending a wisp because of Open Heart. 1 success http://orokos.com/roll/603291))

Dynamo took a deep breath and relaxed herself slightly. She had been tense for almost the entirity of this meeting. Though for some reason, what Nikki said had resonated with her and made her feel much calmer about everything. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for her to trust Nikki. "Your terms are acceptable. I want to at least be able to talk with her at least once again. I will gladly help your foster home with it's financial troubles as well. Unless you would prefer that I give you information about your parents instead?" Dynamo didn't have to reveal all her secrets after all.

Nikki smiles warmly at her, having finally succeeded in penetrating the shield of mistrust the woman had set around herself. "Just like I cannot promise I will succeed, it would be unfair to commit you to helping me without any results in return should I fail. As you trust me to take care of your problem, I will trust you to follow your heart and help me however you see fit after I fulfill my end of the bargain. Is that fair to you?"

Dynamo nods and smiles. Her green eyes shine with a hint of hope at the idea of being able to find Lilliana and finally get some closure. "Your foster home will not suffer for much longer. This will be an easy mission for my team. We are called P1NP01NT by the way." She holds out her hand and signals to Nikki to shake it to cement the bond between the two of them.

The Grace smiles brightly at her and gladly accepts her hand. "Thank you, Dynamo. I wouldn't be so affected by it as I have the option of living in my school's dorm but your actions will save many children who aren't as lucky." Her smile becomes a grin for an instant. "P1NPO1NT is a very interesting name. I know the children would think it very cool." She says and chuckles while remininscing about the fun times she's had before straighting herself up again. "Now, could you please explain under what conditions Lilliana disappeared? Was there some disagreement between the two of you or is it possible that a dear one to her was put in danger because of your group's activity?"

Dynamo's face turns more somber as she remembers the event surrounding her leaving. "We had been helping Lilliana track down some arms dealers that left her scarred when she was a kid. It was an obsession of hers. She wanted to bring them to justice because of how many problems they were causing for Breezeton." Dynamo plays with her hair nervously. The shame she felt was obvious. "I hid that information from her until she was 18. These people that she was after were hardened criminals. I didn't want her to get hurt. She was pissed that I had witheld something so important from her. I still stand by that decision. The next day, I heard all of the criminals had somehow ended up in jail. Lilliana was only one who I knew could have done that, but she's not that strong or anything. How could a girl all by herself take down so many people without even a weapon?" She thinks for a moment before finishing. "Then she disappeared. And I haven't seen her since."

Nikki can't help but feeling guilty for asking that question. She had no idea Dynamo's answer would involve such personal information. She would definitely apologize for it, but now it is far too late to go back. Nikki can feel that Dynamo is telling the truth, but there is a dissonance between her shame and her words. "Umm, if you stand by your decision, why do you feel so ashamed by it, Dynamo?" she speaks almost motherly, with no judgement whatsoever in her tone.

Dynamo's response surprises even herself. "Because maybe if I had told her sooner she would have died and I would have lost her even faster. I know it's selfish, but she's a part of our team. All of us take care of each other. Don't you understand what that feels like?" Finally, they were getting closer to the root of the matter and Dynamo had given her full explanation.

"I understand what it is like to lose someone you hold dear, yes." she says softly while glancing away for a moment before back to Dynamo. "If you were concerned for her life, what is there to be ashamed for?" she asks again, not sure whether Dynamo is being insincere or she just doesn't get what she's trying to say.

"I'm ashamed because keeping that secret from her might have caused her to resent me for it. So that's why I have got to find a way to talk with her again and straighten things out." Dynamo says matter-of-factly. "I know you won't force her to come, but at least tell her what I said."

Nikki listens carefully to her words and nods. "I understand. It is not my place to judge you or tell you what you have to do or should have done, but I hope you have learned from all this." She says and smiles warmly at her. "We'll see. I have hope you'll the opportunity to tell her yourself that." and with that she pulls her phone to text Lilliana. "Good evening, Lilliana. I have come across a rather sensitive matter that concerns you. Would it be possible for us to meet right away?" After that she patiently waits for a reply.

"Sure fam. Though I'm stuck in a car with a strange magic user. Along with a bunch of other Princesses that I found. All in a days work. ;)" Lilliana's reply is almost instant. "You'll probably have to come to where I am though if you need to meet right away. This guy really wants to meet Princesses for some reasons. (Might be a trap, but I don't think so). Lol."

Nikki furrows her brow at Lilliana's reply. That was not what she was expecting at all. She glances over to Dynamo before texting again. "I can definitely make time for you if you need me, but I believe it is really important that you listen to what I have to say once we are done. What is this about, though?"

"Please come Nikki. I want you here with me by my side. I'll send you the address as soon as I figure it out. All I know is that something is threatening the town and we're going to help save it! Why do you want to meet with me though? Is something wrong?" Nikki could sense Lilliana's worry just from the message alone. Dynamo chimed in as she watched Nikki text. "Is Lily alright?"

Sensing her friend's worry, Nikki decides Dynamo's plea will have to wait. "It seems I am needed elsewhere. Rest assured though, as soon as this immediate issue is dealt with, I will speak to her. I promise." She says genuinely and turns to leave, but pauses midway to the door. "Please remember your promise until then." She says softly, hoping her words will be enough to stop the woman's temptation to track them down!

Dynamo nodded and sighed. "I hope that you find her fast and tell her. I'll start working on providing for your favorite foster home. Let me give you a number that you can reach me by." She held out a small business card to Nikki. It seemed blank at first glance, but Nikki noticed very faint writing on the card. The numbers were hidden within the small words of the card, like a strange puzzle. For Nikki, it would be easy to figure out. "It has been a pleasure working with you so far. Get rid of that card as soon as you copy it down."

"I really appreciate your assistance with the foster home. I will be forever grateful for that." She says as takes the card and examines it. Upon hearing Dynamo's words, Nikki figures out the pattern with ease and types the number on her phone and calls it to register on her phone. "There, you can have your card back." Nikki says as she hands it over. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must take my leave. Have a good evening, Dynamo. I hope this can be the beginning of a long lasting friendship." She says and dips her head before leaving for good this time, all elegantly and stuff!

Dynamo smiles once again and escorts Nikki outside of the warehouse. "Maybe one day you'll meet the rest of my team. That's for another time though. I get the sense that you have places you need to be. Good luck Nikki." She shuts the door and Nikki hears the sound of several locks being forced into place from inside the warehouse.

The girl will catch a taxi to the address Lilliana sent, dropping a few blocks away from it, and text Jane letting her know her Noble duties will keep her away from home and ask her to handle that!

Rain waits to talk until they are out of hearing range of the scrying spell. She then leans over and speaks quietly into Megan's ear: "Someone cast a spell on the area we were just in to spy on us. I'll tell you all more details when we get there."

Lilliana pulled out her phone as a little ding indicated the she got a message from someone. Her fingers typed out a response and sent it quick as lightning and got a reply soon after. This went on for a few minutes until she put her phone away and turned her head to look at Virtus. "So Virtus, how did you get roped into all this? Wouldn't you rather be left alone than deal with all us?"

Timeskip

Kyle Thompson's mansion was white and blue, but now it was being colored orange by the light of the sunset. As Virtus arrived, and presumably guided the Princesses in, they would find the master of the house, Kyle Thompson, serving a beef-and-vegetable dish to Riley and Adrian on the livinng room table, as well as tea and cakes. The young man would then say as the party entered, "Hey, there's enough for all of you!"

A smile. "But where are my manners? My name is Kyle Thompson, but my codename when dealing with 'Supernatural Matters' is Operator."

Another smile. "I am also a Mage who is trying to save this town."

((OOC: Words of Truth (Prime+Gnosis+Expression+Willpower+Dedicated Tool): 3 Successes; not re-rolling the 10.))

A frown. "Now, to explain what Mages are, as well as what you Princesses are." Kyle breathed in the cool air. "Basically, Mages are people with strong magical powers, powers that warp reality itself. However, because of certain circumstances that the others will elaborate on in due time, Mages tend to harm themselves and others when they practice their powers publicly. Nevertheless, when they pass off their powers as coincidence, they can be among the most powerful - but not the most beneficial - Supernaturals. Princesses, meanwhile, are you guys; people who can transform into Magical Girls and Boys. These give you greater capabilities but a narrower set of powers."

A short nod. "Now, as to why I need your help to save this town, well...let's just say that the Mayor is a Mage and also a bad guy among bad guys. He plans to start a Second American Civil War between...various interests, with Breezeton and its already-strained political situation as the flashpoint. And that is bad because when people who murder children fight with people who think feeding your families from temporary wage increases is the same as murdering children, well...you know the consequences." Kyle turns towards Lilliana (if that was her name), as well as Rain.

"Right now, our plans to stop it involve providing security, breaking the economic and political power of the vested interest groups, and defeating the Mayor in the political battlefield." A pause for breath.

"The first step towards that is getting Yuri Nikiforov, Olympic-level skater and LGBT Icon, to start a figure skating academy in Breezeton, which will provide some number of jobs. Problem is that the Mayor has contrived to make sure that the Association of Dairy Farmers was ill-compensated for the land, causing them to protest. The Lake University is also planning counter-protests accusing the Association of being Anti-LGBT, and both sides will destroy property. So, I'm looking for you guys to help safeguard Yuri Nikiforov and the skating academy from being pawns of wider politics." Kyle sighed at that. "Note that one single skating academy will not solve the town's problems; this is merely a test case."

In an act of defiance against his current situation (and pettiness), Riley was eating a bowl of cereal. "Yeah, this guy's not very subtle!" He threw a wave at the newcomers. "But I can confirm most of what he is saying."

Nikki arrives a few minutes after the exposition is done and immediately heads towards Lilliana. "Hello Lilliana. I apologize for the delay. Is everything alright?"

((And with the new influx of Mages, it's time for Rain to use her Arcane Sense. The Wits + Occult Rolls are here for Kyle, Riley, and Adrian. Failure, Exceptional Success, and Success, respectively. Requesting Steadfast for the Exceptional.))

Rain was bombarded with information both verbal and mystical upon walking into the room. She just barely managed to clamp down on her excitement long enough to keep the serious tone of the conversation going. "The Mayor, huh? He cast some kind of scrying spell on us before we headed over here, but luckily it was fixed to the area we were at and not any one of us. If he's as evil as you say he is, then you'll probably want to know how I traced his spell to learn a lot about his abilities and magical usage." As Rain said this, she walked over to the living room table and sat near to Kyle, the one 'Mage' she hadn't gotten an impression of. Those familiar with Rain or who were particularly perceptive would notice that Rain's body language had slid into an area squarely between masculine and feminine by the time s/he was done talking.

((And with the new influx of Mages, it's time for Rain to use her Arcane Sense. The Wits + Occult Rolls are here for Kyle, Riley, and Adrian. Failure, Exceptional Success, and Success, respectively. Requesting Steadfast for the Exceptional.))

Rain was bombarded with information both verbal and mystical upon walking into the room. She just barely managed to clamp down on her excitement long enough to keep the serious tone of the conversation going. "The Mayor, huh? He cast some kind of scrying spell on us before we headed over here, but luckily it was fixed to the area we were at and not any one of us. If he's as evil as you say he is, then you'll probably want to know how I traced his spell to learn a lot about his abilities and magical usage." As Rain said this, she walked over to the living room table and sat near to Kyle, the one 'Mage' she hadn't gotten an impression of. Those familiar with Rain or who were particularly perceptive would notice that Rain's body language had slid into an area squarely between masculine and feminine by the time s/he was done talking.

Kyle would nod at that, and ask, "What did you get, then?"

((Steadfast granted.))

Rain breathes in slowly, preparing for a long-winded explanation. "He appears to be of the same kind of 'Mage" as you," Rain says, pointing at Adrian. "He's about as proficient in manipulating other magic as you are at manipulating minds, space, and the flow of time." Rain then points to Riley. "And he's as proficient in manipulating minds and chance as you are at manipulating time. And he's more skilled in folding space than any of the other arts I just mentioned." Rain then looks back to Kyle. "He has most often used his magic to affect people's reactions to social situations, view people remotely, and worsen the effects of injuries as people receive them."

Lilliana was silent for the entire time that Kyle gave his explanation. It looked like she was in deep thought as she finally put the pieces together in her head. Breezeton had far more complicated problems than she had once thought. She came to the conclusion that this was something she had to fix no matter the consequences. The group that Kyle had gathered was quite large and full of some powerful people. That was when Nikki strolled up to her. Lilliana beams as she approaches her. "I'm glad you got here! So Nikki, let me explain what they told the rest of us. Then we can start planning out what we need to do."

With that, she recapped everything Kyle had told the rest of them. Lilliana told her everything that she could in such a short amount of time. Then she started to talk about the people she had encountered during this strange night.

"That girl is Araceli, my contact who I met up with tonight. Quite the brave one. Her dad is a corrupt prick." Lilliana points to a younger looking girl with black hair. "The next person you need to meet is Rain. They're another friend of mine and are super knowledgeable. I trust them to find any information that you need." Lilliana directed their attention to the person sitting next to Kyle. They were having a passionate conversation with him. "The last person I met tonight was Megan. I don't think I've experienced someone like her in my whole life. She's an amazing storyteller." Lilliana draws Nikki's attention to the girl with the spectacular green eyes. "I also met this kind old man named Virtus. He's one of the Mages and he's got weird powers." Her finger lands on to the older, tough-looking man.

"I don't know any of these other Mages though. We are all here because of Kyle so that speaks for their abilities at least." She smiles at everyone else, her enthusiasm clear to all. "This is pretty awesome! We have a kick-butt team of magic users!"

Nikki listens intently to her friend's explanation, shocked and revolted by the mayor's intentions as Liliana explains them but keeping her composure none the less. "I see... We cannot stand for this and I will gladly join your cause." she then smiles. "I understand why you called now. Thank you letting me be a part of this. I will assist however I can."

She smiles brightly at each one of her fellow Princesses as they are introduced and politely to the others, dipping her head respectfully to Virtus and Kyle. She speaks after the Mender is done. "It is a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Nikki Dern. I look forward to working with you."

Kyle nods to everyone and says, "Indeed, I am glad to meet you all. That said, we now have to think of ways to cripple both the Association and the University before their series of protests cripple the town." A pause. "To be honest, I am thinking of having Alouette - another Princess and the sister of this Mage here," he gestured to Riley, "go to the Association and offer them proper compensation for the land and more besides, so that if they continue their plans to protest, they'd have no legal basis and public opinion would turn against them. However, the Lake University will need to be distracted for that to happen."

A frown. "The Lake University plans campaigns of cyberbullying and harassment in their Computer Rooms. If we can wipe the computers that they use for said cyberbullying, harassment, and even doxxing, that would be a setback to their plans. There has to be no physical damage, though, or they'll cast themselves as victims." Another frown. "Oh, and the Headmaster of the Lake University is a Mage; she can control Life, Spirits, and can weakly alter the flow of time. Beware of her."

"And that would be where I come in at the moment. They kicked me out as I started awakening, and I know where just about everything in the campus is, both from architecture class and being a part of the science team. So, shutting them down for an hour would be as easy as say, 'convincing' someone to pull the breaker, and then when they left hide the door so nobody could find it for hours at a time while the school didn't have power while we get out of there since we don't want to be implicated in the issue."

Adrian was standing in the back, in truth she had been hiding herself from the eyes of the visitors until she had something to say.

"At least, that's my present idea. It might take a bit longer for them to figure out if something distracting happens in their front yard while all of that happens."

"And that would be where I come in at the moment. They kicked me out as I started awakening, and I know where just about everything in the campus is, both from architecture class and being a part of the science team. So, shutting them down for an hour would be as easy as say, 'convincing' someone to pull the breaker, and then when they left hide the door so nobody could find it for hours at a time while the school didn't have power while we get out of there since we don't want to be implicated in the issue."

Adrian was standing in the back, in truth she had been hiding herself from the eyes of the visitors until she had something to say.

"At least, that's my present idea. It might take a bit longer for them to figure out if something distracting happens in their front yard while all of that happens."

Kyle grins heartily.

Nikki scratches her chin. "I believe I know just the person who could help us with that. However there are some issues that must be resolved before I can ask for their help, I'm afraid."

Nikki scratches her chin. "I believe I know just the person who could help us with that. However there are some issues that must be resolved before I can ask for their help, I'm afraid."

Kyle asks, "What are those?"

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back