Suggestions/Comments For New Logo!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
A running hobbit throwing a frothing beer stein at a robot dragon that is chasing him while a goose flying overhead craps on both of them sounds about right.

A running hobbit throwing a frothing beer stein at a robot dragon that is chasing him while a goose flying overhead craps on both of them sounds about right.
With a breakdancing robot in the background.

Ok, so a logo with a dragon / hydra in ( or wrapped around) a tankard, with some polyhedral dice (not just D20) - sounds good
Making it in colour may be good
The goose with the axe could be stretching it, but if you can work it in then we can all say "Yeah, I was there for that!'

Last edited:
And Faylar Faylar continues his epic run of dad jokes - this time folding geek humour into the mix!

Is there no limit to this man's talents?
Hey there. In Shakespeare's time puns were considered the height of humor and wit. I'm bartering in solid currency here. :p

I would vote for a tankard and dice, that instantly says ‘RPG Pub’ to me...

When viewed close-up the tankard could have a goose on it? At longer range / smaller image you just get the tankard and dice; on a T-Shirt or similar where you can make use of a more detailed image you would see the goose. If geese are our ‘thing’... :smile:

Left side: tankard styled to look like a building
Right side: "sign" with RPG PUB, rpg stacked on top of pub.

(small 2d20 on the bottom surface along the line between the tankard and the sign)

I kinda wish we could have a Hydra looking at a die roll (1 or 20)--each head reacting to it differently. But I'm not sure how good a logo that would make.
Alternately since we hate geese, could a goose be caught in a hydra's mouth?

Oh hydra heads at a bar with different mugs all with different dice types on them? Too busy, darn.

I would vote for a tankard and dice, that instantly says ‘RPG Pub’ to me...

When viewed close-up the tankard could have a goose on it? At longer range / smaller image you just get the tankard and dice; on a T-Shirt or similar where you can make use of a more detailed image you would see the goose. If geese are our ‘thing’... :smile:
I'm pretty sure one could get a picture of a tankard with a goose motif embossed on it into something simple enough to use as a logo. It would only need an obvious goose head.

Or even a goose rampant holding a tankard with a D20 embossed on it. Assuming we're OK with an in-joke on a public-facing logo, this one would probably actually work, i.e. something like:

GooseRampant.png
This could probably be simplified down to something that would work as a logo (see the Duck King logo below), or at the expense of being a little fiddlier, one could put something like a shield with a chevron or bar sinister behind it and make it look blatantly heraldic.

duckking_logo.pngDuck king logo with duck rampant. I still think the duck looks like it's giving you the finger.

Last edited:
Could this be done with a goose instead of a man?

Yeah, easily. Reproducing it (with enough changes that it isn't a direct copy) isn't hard, but for it to work as a logo it probably needs to be simplified quite a bit. I think a silhouette version would be best

I told our designer that we are going with the tankard motif if possible. I’m not sure having a goose on their is the best idea though. I love the in-jokes as much as the rest of you, but I’m going to keep it as general as possible. I guess you could call it branding. Perhaps a secondary logo with a goose would work, like an alternate.

What’s that I see on your shield... :trigger:
Close. I don't think it's actually a goose, but it is definitely a bird of some description.

1.jpg

Leaning into the "pub" theme...

A horizontal bar, like, you know in a pub. From left to right, there are and ashtray, a tankard, and a small bowl, like the kind you'd find pretzels or peanuts in. But, in the ashtray, there is a long, slender pipe. The tankard appears normal enough. The bowl is full of D20s.

So, I’m pro goose. Yes, it’s an in joke, but I think the names of most pubs probably are in jokes. All the stag and rabbit and fox and bear and whatever else old timey pub names that we see in so many games. Goose fits really well there.

I’m not opposed to a tankard, per se, but a tankard plus a die by itself lacks any character I think. It’s too bland.

I love the gydra but I think it will have to be substantially simplified to be an option. It’s pretty busy, and I think our current one is too for the size it is seen at. as much as I love this. I feel like this won’t be possible.

current winning For me is the goose offering a tankard. It’s the right amount of silly, right amount of simplicity, right amount of distinct, has a build in nickname (the goose), could be done as line art and lose nothing, could be stylized a bit and make sense.

So, I’m pro goose. Yes, it’s an in joke, but I think the names of most pubs probably are in jokes.
There are a lot of pubs called 'Prince Albert' in the UK, but I suspect it goes over most folk's heads.
All the stag and rabbit and fox and bear and whatever else old timey pub names that we see in so many games. Goose fits really well there.
Fun fact: Twee pub names like 'Fox and Geese' came out of a medieval practice of having a picture on the sign for a pub, which could be recognised by folks who couldn't read. For example, the 'Fox and Geese' would have an actual picture of a fox and geese on it, the 'Durham Arms' would have a picture of the Earl of Durham's shield and the White Hart or Red Lion were pictures of the coat of arms of various kings.

Having said this, I'd like to see a pub called 'Prince Albert' with a picture of an actual Prince Albert.

Alright I have an idea based on all these ideas you guys have come up with.

So first of all, imagine the Ghostbusters logo. So have a round shield or sign and we have a goose in the middle holding up a tankard. On the tankard is etched in the word SWO. the words RPG PUB are wrapped around the Shield on the top and bottom. I haven’t figured out where to put a d20 yet but that’s the basic idea.

Alright I have an idea based on all these ideas you guys have come up with.

So first of all, imagine the Ghostbusters logo. So have a round shield or sign and we have a goose in the middle holding up a tankard. On the tankard is etched in the word SWO. the words RPG PUB are wrapped around the Shield on the top and bottom. I haven’t figured out where to put a d20 yet but that’s the basic idea.
Make the round shield into a D20 shape?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back