Summer PbP - Blades in the Dark (or Band of Blades) or something else...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
Welp, my internet this summer looks like it's going to suck, so I may fall back on PbP to pass the time. If anyone feels like taking a summer kick at a FitD gae of some variety I'd be willing to give it a shot. I haven't run one PbP before so I'm interested to see how it turns out. If anyone has something else short term they'd like to play in or run lemme know.

I'd be game to try. I haven't tried pbp in a while- been sticking with pbem, play by google doc, and foundry/discord

I'd be game to try. I haven't tried pbp in a while- been sticking with pbem, play by google doc, and foundry/discord
Cool. We only really need three players to run it, so we're making progress. Have you played Blades, or a Blades derived game? Fine if you haven't, just curious.

I'd be interested in playing something. I'm not really very familiar with this system so to start with I might need a little bit of guidance, but I'm definitely eager to play something.

I'd be interested in playing something. I'm not really very familiar with this system so to start with I might need a little bit of guidance, but I'm definitely eager to play something.
There are a bunch of free getting started downloads on the Blades website. Check 'em out.

Cool. We only really need three players to run it, so we're making progress. Have you played Blades, or a Blades derived game? Fine if you haven't, just curious.
I've skimmed the rules, which is more than I can say for a lot of the games I own.

I've had a bit of trundle through the rules and I think I more or less get the gist of it. I'll see if I can get a character draft done in the next few days, if this is still going ahead.

It's still notionally going ahead. More warm bodies will be necessary.

So we make our characters separately? Or is it a group thing?
Normally we'd all be shooting the shit around a table. For PbP I'd say make your PC whenever, but be prepared to make changes once the crew starts to come into focus. Maybe the three of us can chat about what kinds of scores we'd like to play, which will tell us what crew we want to pick. A privilege of being here from the get go. :thumbsup:

I'd be interested as well, if you've still got room. Played in one BitD game, so I'm somewhat familiar, and have the main book.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 : Did you decide if we were playing the normal BitD, or some variant of it? Just wondering for character creation reasons...

Thanks!

I'd be interested as well, if you've still got room. Played in one BitD game, so I'm somewhat familiar, and have the main book.

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 : Did you decide if we were playing the normal BitD, or some variant of it? Just wondering for character creation reasons...

Thanks!
Well, we haven't actually decided anything yet. :grin: Blades is the default, and if everyone is making Blades characters we'll probably end up going in that direction. Maybe we should chat about crew types first. With three warm bodies other than me we have enough to play, so we can start the ball rolling a little faster. All the standard crews are in play, naturally, and I also have the stretch goal Grifter crew materials.

Someone mentioned Blades of the Jhereg in another post... I wouldn't mind if we went in that direction...

Someone mentioned Blades of the Jhereg in another post... I wouldn't mind if we went in that direction...
I have that somewhere, it's great. It'll probably depend on people's familiarity with the novel series.

I'm not familiar with the Jhereg stuff, but I'm good with trying something else too, as long as you're ok with my relative ignorance of the setting :-)

To be honest, I didn't know much about the default BitD setting either, and basically viewed it as an RPG version of Dishonored for the most part.

The default setting, the city of Doskvol, is way easier to manage because it's all right there in rulebook. With the Jhereg stuff you'd need to read the Vlad Taltos novels by Steven Brust. I'm leaning away from the Jhereg hack just for that actually. I've read the novels, but not recently, while I am much more currently familiar with Doskvol. I'd love to run the Jhereg thing but it may need to wait for the right group.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back