Tablesmith

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rasyr

Well-Known Pubber
Reaction score
If you ever wanted a flexible table rolling app, then this is for you. It is called TableSmith and it is written by Bruce Gulke (who developed the Mythosa setting and has it available on his website as well).

It is nagware. Essentially free, but you get a little popup every few tables asking you to register (which only costs $10, but is IMO woth it).

You can have simple tables or more complex ones. For example, I wanted to make a weather generator for my Anwyn Setting. But the setting is large enough that I wanted to generate weather for the entire island without having seperate rolls which could generate wildly different results. So I made my own.

In my table, you can select year and Month and it generates the weather for the entire Month, one day at a time, for each region. ANd on the side, I even have it display the phase of the moon and any holidays (I also have it generate random events, but I am still working on those tables). Here is a screen cap of the output (ignore the list of tables on the left, as those were ones I was learning on... heheh

TableSmith.gif

There is a huge download area that can be found here -- https://groups.io/g/tablesmith -- you any tables you want might already be done....

I first learned about it at FnordCon Virtual (the first FnordCon I've been able to attend) and was very impressed. The list is quite active, and open to help with any questions you might have.

I first learned about it at FnordCon Virtual (the first FnordCon I've been able to attend) and was very impressed. The list is quite active, and open to help with any questions you might have.
Oh yeah, I have asked LOTS of questions recently...

I had played with TableSmith years ago (There is one RM table file that I created for RM way back in 1998 (over 20 years ago) called Perks, and then I went away for a long time, but I have found it again!)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back