Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So Exalted 'Essence' sounds like the company I email to get refills for my essential oil plug-in nightlights.
I like how it shortens down to "ExEss". Excess sounds about right for an Exalted game :grin:

More seriously, Essence is relatively clever as a description of the purpose of this edition (and that its not meant to be a new edition) and also as a term in the RPG itself.

haven’t really gotten to read it, even though I’ve had the pdf for a bit, but this came today. Quick scan says there should be half a dozen of these in every school
CB89DEA7-799D-43DA-86F4-7AD4C1957C9E.jpeg4DD0A8F3-9AF3-4C29-9ABC-0D4196EA5098.jpegAEF12E95-B745-4DFF-ACEB-FE1D8C18498C.jpegB262CDC7-8E2C-4A79-8ECF-1A8D7FF2CFFC.jpeg87B8603D-29A1-4464-B659-D373ABF66E15.jpeg0EBBBD3D-92E8-490C-8A83-BBB3A630E2E7.jpeg660A65C5-C16D-4065-91B2-D07C831FC87C.jpeg

Newt Newport Newt Newport can probably answer better than me
Yeah, the last time I looked into getting the pdf/book I kinda ended up wandering off confused. So I am with Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus on this, where can I get them. lol. There have been a few developers where when I became interested in their rpg I kinda found purchasing unclear and confusing and ended up as I said wandering off. Putting it back in my "bookmark folder of "I'd like to get this".

Yeah, the last time I looked into getting the pdf/book I kinda ended up wandering off confused. So I am with Giganotosaurus Giganotosaurus on this, where can I get them. lol. There have been a few developers where when I became interested in their rpg I kinda found purchasing unclear and confusing and ended up as I said wandering off. Putting it back in my "bookmark folder of "I'd like to get this".
well i got this via kickstart, so I assume it's just not out for public consumption quite yet. But, honestly, I'm kinda digging it.

Picked up a 2nd edition Villains and Vigilantes box set. Box is in really good shape (no dishing, some minor scuffs and dings. Books inside are bent (tho I have a new copy of the rulebook anyway - FGU still sells 'em). But the kicker, and what I was waiting for, is that it has the original dice. The V&V box set was the first superhero RPG I ever bought, and those dice are worth their weight in the ever-lustrous gold of nostalgia.
vv1.jpgvv2.jpg

Just a small package today, but I got my GRIDSHOCK 20XX - ZINE BUNDLE, which is a post-apocalyptic superhero game using the ICONS system.

In 1945, superheroes saved the world.

In 1986, it ended.

In 20XX, supervillains rule what's left.

Welcome to GRIDSHOCK 20XX

GRIDSHOCK 20XX is a tabletop roleplaying game setting: a superhero world where something went very wrong in 1986. Reality was warped, civilization collapsed, and the world as we knew it was turned upside down. Now the bad guys are in charge of what's left – but a new breed of superhumans called Vectors strive to restore freedom to their ravaged world. Like the heroes of the past, Vectors use their powers to address injustice directly, and with style: by punching it in the face, or blasting it with laser eyes. And with a totalitarian state called the Supremacy in control, there are a whole lot of things in need of punching and blasting.

Where can I get this?

It out soon, I'm making sure that backers of the Kickstarter get their copies first.

I'll probably announce it in the BRP Edition Wars thread.

The best way to get notifications about any of my releases is via my newsletter.

This will certainly be the case with SimpleQuest because I'll have a very small number of the printed version (with sewn pages, ribbons and endpapers - inc a bonus intro adventure in the book) left over from backer fulfilment.

Been doing some printing at Doxzoo for my house-ruled 2e of The One Ring:

1677248231082.png

1677248259000.png

1677248293037.png

1677248322335.png

Really happy with the results and you can get them printed to same size as the official books too; a lot of other places only offer A4/5 etc in the UK.

I'll probably announce it in the BRP Edition Wars thread.

The best way to get notifications about any of my releases is via my newsletter.

This will certainly be the case with SimpleQuest because I'll have a very small number of the printed version (with sewn pages, ribbons and endpapers - inc a bonus intro adventure in the book) left over from backer fulfilment.
And... signed up. :grin:

Looks cool. What's the difference between this and OpenQuest?
I did a big post about this when I revealed SimpleQuest before the Kickstarter on OpenQuestRpg.com (also home to the online OQ SRD).

Near the end is a link to a two-page pdf that explains the differences between the two books.

Hope that helps.

I’m not a superstitious guy by any stretch of the imagination, and I don’t believe in ghosts or any supernatural stuff, but I also know I’d never sleep well knowing that was in my house.

I actually have quite of a few of them, but this one is my first genuine movie prop, used in Hellraiser III.

Ordered a glass dome for it from etsy...

il_fullxfull.546986555_q7wz.jpg

I actually have quite of a few of them, but this one is my first genuine movie prop, used in Hellraiser III.

View attachment 57162
Well that’s just cool. And you’re less likely to let some idiot play with it and summon a bunch of hooked chains to grab you if it’s a collector’s item.

So, win-win.

Lots of Dark Conspiracy 1E goodness, some Cylher goodness starting to arrive, Fantastic Hero’s & Witchery hardcover, Hyperborea 3E… so much fun
We played a lot of Dark Conspiracy 1E when I was in the Army! I still have fond memories of killing another player’s psychic when they tried to mind probe my cyborg…
the GM passed me a note saying a fail safe was placed to protect against probes, the thing about cyborgs is that you are basically agreeing to let the GM take control whenever

FH&W is one of my favorite retroclones, it really stinks the creator seems to have abandoned it. I have played ASSH, bought the leatherette covered versions of Hyperborea 3E and created a character but haven’t played it yet.

Very nice! I don't have one used in an actual movie, but I have five high-quality boxes (both Lament Configurations and original creations) in glass domes, in a big glass case next to my computer, along with a lot of other Hellraiser stuff.

Very nice! I don't have one used in an actual movie, but I have five high-quality boxes (both Lament Configurations and original creations) in glass domes, in a big glass case next to my computer, along with a lot of other Hellraiser stuff.

ooo pics? always love seeing Hellraiser collections

Just picked up Scorch for the Wizards RPG and Marvel Saga. Saga's box is in poor shape but the contents are mint. Cards are still in shrink.

Scorch was one of the few things I was missing for Wizards.

Just picked up Scorch for the Wizards RPG and Marvel Saga. Saga's box is in poor shape but the contents are mint. Cards are still in shrink.

Scorch was one of the few things I was missing for Wizards.
This is embarrassing but I suspect I'm in good company here. I am missing Montigar. Wah wah. Anyone wanna trade a Montegar for a Scorch?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back