Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I am old. so are many of you. You have seen https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/how-many-years-have-you-been-playing-rpgs-including-gming.10176/

Objectively, at least 19 of us are old. subjectively, the number may swing wildly.
Still trying figure out how that happened. First I'm enjoying lazy days in Southern California as teen in the 1970s. Then one day I was doing border patrol in Europe, skiing in the Alps, drinking hefe weisse and kicking back in hot tubs with frauleins. I blink, I'm married with kids, blink again and they're all off to university, blink again and my hairs gone and I'm fucking old. I didn't agree to this, not one bit damn it!

My favorite large mouse pad got damaged at the same time I fried my 14 year old keyboard. So when I couldn't find one I liked when I replaced my keyboard (which I will forever miss) my wife suggested a custom mouse/desk pad maker. So we tried it out and it just came in. I'm very happy with it. I uploaded a Symbaroum picture that I thought would make a great personal desk pad.

They're made of the wetsuit (neoprene) material as usual (kinda miss getting in and out of wetsuits as an aside), as I'm sure you all know. The original picture was wider than taller and 12,057kb in size, I'd have shrink it down to what 1.2kb or less to show here as I do with all the Kickstarter pics I post, so I won't bother since anyone who knows Symbaroum will probably recognise the picture. Anyhow, here's two 1,045kb/1,055kb sized shots of the pad. Damn happy with it.

First picture on the kitchen table.
Symbaroum based desk pad 29 by 15 custom 01.jpg

Second shot on the desk with the replacement keyboard. Symbaroum based desk pad 29 by 15 custom 02.jpg

I am old. so are many of you. You have seen https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/how-many-years-have-you-been-playing-rpgs-including-gming.10176/

Objectively, at least 19 of us are old. subjectively, the number may swing wildly.
...well, I'm more like middle-aged, but I like to play Old Master - style characters. Hope that counts:thumbsup:!

Still trying figure out how that happened. First I'm enjoying lazy days in Southern California as teen in the 1970s. Then one day I was doing border patrol in Europe, skiing in the Alps, drinking hefe weisse and kicking back in hot tubs with frauleins. I blink, I'm married with kids, blink again and they're all off to university, blink again and my hairs gone and I'm fucking old. I didn't agree to this, not one bit damn it!
Man, you know the games that have the GM asking the player whether (s)he's fine with something bad happening to the PC:grin:?
Yeah, it doesn't work like that, not one bit:angel:!

Ordered this after hearing about it on Strange Brain Parts. It's like an homage to the Ostrander/Yale/McDonnell run on Suicide Squad in the late 80s. That run is one of my favorite comics of that era, and I think is often overlooked.

Copra.jpg

Copra basically lifts the primary characters from that book, reskins them (barely in some cases) and then just goes nuts with it. The creator, Michel Fiffe, is a one man show... writing, art, color, lettering, production... it's entirely the work of one person. The enthusiasm and the energy in this book is just so enjoyable. I've read some reviews and it seems his art is a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I love it. There are some spots that seem a bit underdone or simple, but there are other sequences that are just amazing.

Wanted to drop it here... highest possible recommendation for anyone into action comics.

After tax and delivery, these cost me just shy of 8 bucks each. MSU Thrift Store.
8afc18.jpeg

Picked up these little A3 works of art off of ebay. Printed maps of the first five Fighting Fantasy gamebooks....

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

1706273899503.png

The Citadel of Chaos

1706273939175.png

The Forest of Doom

1706273973718.png

Starship Traveller

1706274007841.png

City of Thieves

1706274040152.png

... I hope he carries on making them. I love 'em!

Just got these two from DTRPG...

PSX_20240203_012548.jpg

I already have the Mindjammer book for Traveller so I picked up the Mindjammer Player's Guide for Fate Core too. It contains all (or pretty much all) the rules for running it in Fate but without any of the setting info (which I already have in the Traveller version). There's some interesting bits of rules in there for people who might want to run non-Mindjammer sci-fi games with Fate.

I also picked up the Interface Zero 3.0 Player's Guide for Savage Worlds. I don't love the large format of this book as I wish all Savage Worlds books were the same size. However, it looks to be a decent resource for cyberpunk games in that system.

Had some PayPal money not doing anything, so I ordered the second case file for the Blade Runner RPG.

Pleasantly surprised that one of the major NPCs in the case is Ray McCoy, the player character from the old Blade Runner PC game.

Last edited:
I "just" (the other day) got the Cyberpunk HumbleBumble, which finally got me Cyberpunk RED---something that I've wanted to pick up for a while but, as I knew that I wasn't going to play it, something that I could never justify. Now I'm thinking of using the materials to supplement my Shadowrun project, as Cyberpunk always did have the edge (ha!) on gadgets and gizmos.

While I told myself all day long, "You don't need any more books!" - I'm too stupid for my own good, and bought the Cyberpunk bundle on Humble Bundle.

Sigh. I'm going to need the life extending tech from Cyberpunk in order to play all the games I have now... :hmmm:

Got some high-end/lush purchases this week...

1707318900236.png

1707318934241.png

And I think this one could well be the next game I run after Mutant Year Zero has finished. Its post-apocalyptic but nature has won so is a nice/different counterplay to MYZ. It uses a version of Blades in the Dark for its system which I have but have never played/GM. PCs are crews that 'sail' along the tops of the trees of the forest that has taken over the world which has a definite anime-feel to me, very intriguing...

1707318997633.png

1707319028980.png

1707319056109.png

Ack!!!! You bought a fire breathing dragon! You just redid your outbuilding/garage and now it's all gonna go up in flames! There's some sort of Archer meme that applies to this, something about do you want fire breathing dragons... heh. I'll just go with a Reign of Fire...

View attachment 77579
I really enjoyed that movie.

IMG_1072.jpeg

This arrived just now. US$61.99 including shipping, and it took five days including two of weekend, so three business days. And it came with a PDF, so the hardback goes onto the shelf in its shrink-wrap until needed.

Got these recently. One is an rpg for playing Spanish-language telenovelas.

Being Canadian I've never seen a telenovela but I'm intrigued by the idea of an rpg based on Soaps. Not a new idea of course as there's the pretty nifty Dallas rpg way-back-when but I'm interested in seeing how they handle it. Also my wife is down to play it (she dislikes D&D, finds it boring).

20240207_195512.jpg

Forgery is a solo horror sorta storygame I supported via KS where you colour in a paint-by-numbers image and that determines future outcomes of the game. It's from Banana Chan, whose unusual larpscripts (e.g. Henry Darger horror) I really dig.

Last edited:
Went to a local used bookstore. It was nice. I spent some money, even though it would have been a much better deal to buy the RPG online (and get a free PDF to boot). But the Dan Simmons novel was a nice bonus find.

1707374307630.png

Got some high-end/lush purchases this week...

View attachment 77549

View attachment 77550

And I think this one could well be the next game I run after Mutant Year Zero has finished. Its post-apocalyptic but nature has won so is a nice/different counterplay to MYZ. It uses a version of Blades in the Dark for its system which I have but have never played/GM. PCs are crews that 'sail' along the tops of the trees of the forest that has taken over the world which has a definite anime-feel to me, very intriguing...

View attachment 77551

View attachment 77552

View attachment 77553
OMG All of these are on my Wishlist !!!

Went to a local used bookstore. It was nice. I spent some money, even though it would have been a much better deal to buy the RPG online (and get a free PDF to boot). But the Dan Simmons novel was a nice bonus find.

View attachment 77603
I tended to buy things from the used book store, mostly so they continue to buy/ stock RPG related things.

You should repost this in the Shelfie thread to kick it along!
I'm getting closer to having the shelves arranged. I was waiting until then to do a multi picture post of the various shelves. My health issues slowed me down so I'm not as far along as I wanted to be on that front. Need to hit the attic next to move a bunch of boxes up there to make room for other stuff. Sloooooww shuffle.

chuckdee chuckdee I've taken a gander at Capers a number of times now but keep deciding it's not for me. I dig the premise/setting(s) though. What's your take on it?

So, the custom keyboard pad I ordered and got in a few weeks ago...

My wife liked it so much she ordered one for herself. It's pretty awesome.

Cthulhu Mouse Pad.jpg

Reasonable priced, custom sizing and pictures. I'll add the link below to the company because they've done both so well.

So, the custom keyboard pad I ordered and got in a few weeks ago...

My wife liked it so much she ordered one for herself. It's pretty awesome.

View attachment 77678

Reasonable priced, custom sizing and pictures. I'll add the link below to the company because they've done both so well.

That's lovely. It also makes me think I could get one as a gift for my better half, though my guess is she'd appreciate Jeeves & Wooster or Beatrix Potter more than anything F&SF related.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back