Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Wow, how many editions of Dungeons & Dragons do you have? :hehe:
I used to have quite a large 3.0 3.5 collection but I got rid of them.:hehe:

My current "Shelf of Shame" yes that's what I call the space reserved for my bad RPG collection is occupied by Fantasy Wargaming, SenZar, Mutant Chronicles 1E and Cthulhutech. I also have a space open for a copy of Synnibarr when I can find one at a reasonable price.

Fantasy Wargaming has it's fans. They admit it needed an editor.U

I used to have quite a large 3.0 3.5 collection but I got rid of them.:hehe:

My current "Shelf of Shame" yes that's what I call the space reserved for my bad RPG collection is occupied by Fantasy Wargaming, SenZar, Mutant Chronicles 1E and Cthulhutech. I also have a space open for a copy of Synnibarr when I can find one at a reasonable price.

I have both versions of Synnibarr- and have played it in a campaign.

I have both versions of Synnibarr- and have played it in a campaign.
I have an edition I believe I picked up at Wonderworld c
Comics which I believe published it.

Bought Over The Edge 2e from Atlas Games on Amazon. They sent me 3e instead. Tweeted at Atlas Games and John Nephew about it, letting them know I wasn't even upset about it, as I found the 3rd intriguing. They sent me the 2nd and told me to keep the 3rd. Which is great, in any event. But also because I have the three Millennials in my group convinced to play it. And as much as I love 2e, I'm not sure the Al Amarja of 1989 is a good fit for their sensibilities (though tbh it looks like I will be mixing setting elements of both).

This weekend I've received my POD copy of Knights of Underbed (a TinyD6 game of stuffed toys protecting sleeping humans from things that go bump in the night) and my big bundle of Root goodies (the Underworld and Clockwork expansions along with the Exiles & Partisans Deck and the Vagabond Pack). Pretty exciting stuff!

Now I'm just left pondering whether I should wait to purchase the Root Upgrade Kit off Etsy... the main factor affecting that decision will be that I'm also considering getting physical copies of Chthonian Stars (for Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition) and the Cepheus Engine Spacecraft Design Guide.

Bought Over The Edge 2e from Atlas Games on Amazon. They sent me 3e instead. Tweeted at Atlas Games and John Nephew about it, letting them know I wasn't even upset about it, as I found the 3rd intriguing. They sent me the 2nd and told me to keep the 3rd. Which is great, in any event. But also because I have the three Millennials in my group convinced to play it. And as much as I love 2e, I'm not sure the Al Amarja of 1989 is a good fit for their sensibilities (though tbh it looks like I will be mixing setting elements of both).
I have only vague recollection of OTE2, but it seemed like the kind of game the typical millennials should love:shock:?

I have only vague recollection of OTE2, but it seemed like the kind of game the typical millennials should love:shock:?

Agreed, but the 1989 setting might not be as good a fit for them as the more "modern" setting of 3e, IMO.

Finally have my hands on a hard copy of Zweihänder. Damn, what a good-looking book. Can’t wait to run it (God only knows when)

It's a really, really great-looking book. There's a third printing in the works, so it must be doing well.

Picked up a boxed set of Gardasiyal (one of the many Tekumel, Empire of the Petal Throne rulesets). Been wanting to get a complete set for some time for my collection. Now I'm looking for the Guardians of Order version so that I have all the various rules from over the years.

I got my Kickstarter copy of PunkApocalyptic waiting for me at the pickup point. USPS didn't bother telling me where the pickup point actually is, though.

This is the same thing that likely happened to my Flat Plastic Minis order from Arcknight before they were returned to them... Only now I immediately used my google-fu to see if there's a way to figure out the address of the pickup point. Turns out that I can just fill in the USPS tracking number on the track & trace site of the Dutch postal service and it will give me all the information I need... Now if only USPS would bother informing people about this.

I'll pick my book up tomorrow.

304311.png

Now all I need is for Arcknight to respond to my emails so I can get that shitload of Flat Plastic Miniatures resent to me... They're not exactly consistently responsive, unfortunately. It says on their site it may take quite a while for them to respond sometimes because they're only a two-man business, but still...
We love our fans, and are very passionate about our work. If you can’t get ahold of us, even for weeks at a time, please don’t take it personally. If your emails aren’t being responded to, they may be getting spammed or blocked by the server. If your tweets to us aren’t working, try messaging us on Facebook. We’re happy to respond, and we WILL solve any problems you have, but sometimes we’re simply not available.
Erm, I don't do Facebook, guys. Guess I'll give Twitter a try.

Last edited:
Received POD copies of ACKS core rulebook and Lairs & Encounters. Also got the POD D&D Rules Cyclopedia.

My t-shirts from the UK Games Expo 2020 arrived too. I love the fact this year's design was changed so that the Expo Dragon's hoard is mostly made up of toilet paper...

TOBIN.jpg
What's nice is there is a foreword by Dr. Ray Stantz explaining that this is a boiled-down layman's edition of John Tobin's original Spirit Guide with new insights gleaned from the Ghostbusters' modern experiences. I got it at nearly 50% off from Amazon. Could be a fun prop next time I get to play Ghostbusters in person. Lots of good illustrations and descriptions with the entities classified as per the Common Ghostly Terminology handout in the original West End Games Ghostbusters RPG:
Classsystem.png
Edit: Here's a sample double-page spread on Samhain, a Class VII entity:
Samhain.jpg

Last edited:
I like how far they carry the conceit: this is from the "About the Author" section in the Amazon product description:

Dr. Ray Stantz has earned degrees in parapsychology and metallurgy, and is a founding and current member of Ghostbusters, Inc. Some of Dr. Stantz’s past published work includes “The Great Sub-Tropical Sponge Migration” and “The Occult on Long Island: A Paranormal History of Islip.” He lives in New York.

Dr. Egon Spengler is the author of multiple scientific papers on a wide variety of subjects ranging from the cross-cultivation of fungus to the potential uses of trephination. He holds over 500 patents, including shared patents for the ghost-trapping and storage equipment used by Ghostbusters, Inc., a company he co-founded. He lives in New York.

If the Ghost Die is legible, I'm guessing it wasn't used much. I played the heck out of that game, and the die was painted on rather then engraved, so mine gradually became blank.

454b9d.jpeg

ae9bbb.jpeg

eb2fe8.jpeg

I don't even like wrestling, but

A) this was stupid cheap

B) I'm a sucker for this old small press/indie stuff

C) I saw this in a game store BITD and have wanted to see it again ever since

I've just purchased the complete run of Sandman Mystery Theatre for $100, because I'm sick of waiting for DC to do an Omnibus or finish releasing the series in trades. Look forward to reading it again, it's been about 20 years

I just got a Model M keyboard today - there's an outfit called Unicomp that bought IBM's old tooling about 20 years ago and makes buckling spring keyboards to the old school IBM designs. It's noisy in the way that buckling spring keyboards are, but feels much better to type on than the cheap one it replaced. Although I used to have boxes full of PC bits, I found myself down to just one crappy keyboard so I splashed out and bought a Model M.

I first got a thing for Model M keyboards helping a couple of my mother's postgrad students type up their theses. This was back in the middle of the '80s when an IBM PC/XT was current tech, and we were using Volkswriter, which was the main word processing application used by the department. The PC had a buckling spring keyboard, and I fell in love with the tech then, at the tender age of about 16. For many years, I couldn't afford an IBM computer (A PS/2 model 70 with a 386 was 8,000 pesos when I looked into it a few years later), although I did eventually discover keyboards with Cherry buckling spring switches.

You can still get secondhand and refurbished IBM ones, but they are quite expensive these days.

So, we'll see how this goes. It's definitely an improvement on what I was using 20 minutes ago.

It's not this model, but in the same family

61sIqW%2BtvJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Having said that, I do have another one in storage, but it's a model with a built-in clit mouse, which (unlike the ones on laptop keyboards) stuck up enough to get in the way.

Edit ... Aaand the full stop key is a bit unreliable, which is a pain in the rectum. It seems Unicomp's quality control isn't quite up to IBM's original standards. Let's see what the vendor's customer support is like.

Update ... Got an RMA, back off the the vendor. Now using a basic HP membrane keyboard, which is actually one of the better membrane designs I've worked with. I used to use them quite a bit.

Last edited:
I just got a Model M keyboard today - there's an outfit called Unicomp that bought IBM's old tooling about 20 years ago and makes buckling spring keyboards to the old school IBM designs. It's noisy in the way that buckling spring keyboards are, but feels much better to type on than the cheap one it replaced. Although I used to have boxes full of PC bits, I found myself down to just one crappy keyboard so I splashed out and bought a Model M.

I first got a thing for Model M keyboards helping a couple of my mother's postgrad students type up their theses. This was back in the middle of the '80s when an IBM PC/XT was current tech, and we were using Volkswriter, which was the main word processing application used by the department. The PC had a buckling spring keyboard, and I fell in love with the tech then, at the tender age of about 16. For many years, I couldn't afford an IBM computer (A PS/2 model 70 with a 386 was 8,000 pesos when I looked into it a few years later), although I did eventually discover keyboards with Cherry buckling spring switches.

Nice to see someone else here into mechanical keyboards. Mine run towards more modern custom jobs than buckling spring ones.

4onNm2p.jpg

The top one is my current daily driver (though that will change soon as I'm working on another). The bottom is my first custom.

There's plenty of mechanical keyboards in the gaming space...

Feretory for Mork Borg turned up yesterday. It’s got a cool nostalgic zine vibe and is filled with loads of useful random content. Dark Fort, the 3 page random dungeon generator and RPG that birthed Mork Borg, feels like it can direct from an 70s high school RPGs typewriter :smile:
4F4FC886-AC03-4BC7-8758-C892DE1E1102.jpeg

Guess what, Arcknight contacted me about the order that was returned to them. All I had to do was Paypal the shipping costs and they'll resend my package. I noticed they're having a sale on certain sets of minis of which there are four in my order and asked them if that discount applied to me. They told me to just subtract the discount from the shipping I owed them. :thumbsup: Somewhat slow but very nice service from Arcknight! Looking forward to receiving my stuff!

81ZJdrtJktL._SL1400_.jpg

454b9d.jpeg

ae9bbb.jpeg

eb2fe8.jpeg

I don't even like wrestling, but

A) this was stupid cheap

B) I'm a sucker for this old small press/indie stuff

C) I saw this in a game store BITD and have wanted to see it again ever since

Let me know what you think of it, and if you have any questions about it. Been almost 30 years and that damn thing still pops up in my life from time to time. Turns out it even has a Wiki page now. :shock:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back