Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Acmegamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'll have go and snag it and get you page counts etc and then repost it.
Séadna Séadna Ok, total pages of Land of Ninja, which counts front and back...

1). Read Me First and Nihon Digest = 13 pages.
2). Players Book = 66 pages.
3). Gamemaster Book = 32 pages.
4). Scenarios Book = 24 pages.
5). Fold out map of Japan = 1 page, nothing on the back.

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Séadna Séadna Ok, total pages of Land of Ninja, which counts front and back...

1). Read Me First and Nihon Digest = 13 pages.
2). Players Book = 66 pages.
3). Gamemaster Book = 32 pages.
4). Scenarios Book = 24 pages.
5). Fold out map of Japan = 1 page, nothing on the back.
That's interesting. Maybe they took stuff from both the GM and Player sections to make up the general setting section in the GW version.

Is the scenarios book made up of Designing Your Own Campaigns, Enchanted Items, Duty Scenarios and Hatamato's illness?

Acmegamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe they took stuff from both the GM and Player sections to make up the general setting section in the GW version.

Is the scenarios book made up of Designing Your Own Campaigns, Enchanted Items, Duty Scenarios and Hatamato's illness?
The Scenarios Book breaks down into the following sections...

1). Planning a Campaign (Enchanted Items are under this section)
2). Duty Scenarios
3). The Hatamoto's Illness

Ralph Dula

Fighter of Fungi, Mortal Foe of 5E, Possibly a Cat
Reaction score
CFC28661-8B23-4131-89DA-252F2FC23F3B.jpeg

Gift of the Silent God is an adventure for Low Fantasy Gaming, available for free on DriveThruRPG. Nine pages, including cover and OGL, it packs a lot of fun between its main plot of missing hunters and random encounter chart.

One thing I really have to commend this adventure for is turning the idea of “The Gods of Good Are Watching” on its head. For decades game modules have had scenarios where the gods of good sit on their asses and watch the actions of PCs like reality TV, doling out rewards for good deeds and punishing PCs for evil ones, whether the PCs know what they’re doing is good or evil. I won’t even get onto the topic of the “good” gods not actively working against the evils in scenarios.

After reading two modules recently that were very egregious in that regard, I was hoping for an adventure where evil is just as arbitrarily rewarding to PCs, and the titular Silent God delivers. He’s chill about the PCs slaying his followers, to the point that if PCs finish the evil ritual he’ll give them the same reward as he would his followers. There’s also a valuable treasure that is set up for the PCs to sell or keep, allowing them to bond with this easy-going force of darkness. Quite refreshing.

I’ve only three complaints about the scenario. One is a potential random encounter with a minimum of 105 opponents, with the hackneyed motivation of “looking for a lost child.” The second is nit-picking on my part, and the third is the stat block of the Boss of the scenario. His attributes are the same as his minions, and so wouldn’t have any bonuses to hit or damage, but his stat line for his attacks would indicate his Strength should be six higher, and his Dec five higher, than what he is lusted as having.

I highly recommend it, and it’s free, so you won’t lose any cash by heeding my recommendation.

Skywalker

Legendary Member
Reaction score
830D2EF0-6511-4B5D-909A-03C6C04B2406.jpeg
I enjoyed the RPG, art books, and TV Show, so this was a no brainer.

Its refreshing to find an adventure board game without combat, storybooks, apps, or legacy elements, and with only a handful of miniatures.

A lot of fun to play. You can be a computer geek who after standing up to the class bully hacks a giant robot to take his friends to a secure military facility, which they break into using an Commodore 64, but is ultimately grounded for not making it home in time for dinner :grin:

Chris Brady

Legendary Member
Reaction score
One thing I really have to commend this adventure for is turning the idea of “The Gods of Good Are Watching” on its head. For decades game modules have had scenarios where the gods of good sit on their asses and watch the actions of PCs like reality TV, doling out rewards for good deeds and punishing PCs for evil ones, whether the PCs know what they’re doing is good or evil. I won’t even get onto the topic of the “good” gods not actively working against the evils in scenarios.
Uh, when Gods act, unimaginable disasters strike, hence why they do act through agents, like Paladins or Clerics, sometimes portents and dreams...
I highly recommend it, and it’s free, so you won’t lose any cash by heeding my recommendation.
It's a good read and I am planning on using it, actually.

Gringnr

F-IN' JOKES, HOW DO THEY WORK?
Reaction score
Found a "like new" copy of Gurps Middle Ages 2e for 11 bucks at HPB. Not a huge fan of historical stuff as a rule, but it's written by Graeme Davis. And I thought it might be a nice adjunct to The Deryni Adventure game, which I also picked up recently (been on a FUDGE buying kick).

Torque2100

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Meh -

IMG_7272.jpg
View attachment 39004

And, as a bonus - Realhamster.com. Still going strong since 1998.

This thread has gone in some... interesting directions.

ORtrail

Legendary Member
Reaction score
View attachment 39282
I enjoyed the RPG, art books, and TV Show, so this was a no brainer.

Its refreshing to find an adventure board game without combat, storybooks, apps, or legacy elements, and with only a handful of miniatures.

A lot of fun to play. You can be a computer geek who after standing up to the class bully hacks a giant robot to take his friends to a secure military facility, which they break into using an Commodore 64, but is ultimately grounded for not making it home in time for dinner :grin:
My copy is schedule to arrive today. Hyped to see how it plays.

ORtrail

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I wrote a few of the adventures for these issues, so it's a bit of a promotional thing, but you can now get PoD copies of the Tri Tac Spotlight issues. If you want to know the latest lore for the various settings and/or want to know about the history of Tri Tac and its various RPGs? These issues will help.

Note that each issue is focused on one particular Tri Tac RPG or theme (post-apocalypse for example). Issue one is about Bureau 13, issue two about Fringeworthy, issue three about Rogue 417 and other PA settings, issue four is about FTL:2448 and Incursion.

There will be an issue five early next year, which is more of a general Tri Tac issue, but that includes an adventure designed for use with Incursion, Bureau 13 or Fringeworthy. It also features an alternate portal setting for Fringeworthy (California is an island nation and Waterman flying cars are all the rage).

0gB2q1L.jpg

Yeti Spaghetti

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bought an old 1991 issue of White Wolf Magazine for a Chill adventure where the PCs play Neanderthals. Although I'll probably never run it, it's a cool premise and gets me closer to my goal of collecting everything ever written for Chill 1e and the Mayfair edition.

Simon Hogwood

Puritan Bearbearian
Reaction score
Picked up a quartet of swashbuckling RPG books recently:

Pirate Book Group Shot.jpg

I'm most excited to get a paper copy of The Pirates Guide to Freeport, which I've long considered my favorite city book. It's been a while since I read it, though - maybe a WIR is in order.

Skull & Bones and Pirates of the Spanish Main I've been curious about but never read - the former especially as I've seen other Green Ronin pirate stuff (. . . like Freeport) that I suspect this is foundational for. Chaosium's Blood Tide is another I'm familiar with, and while it's a good book I'm not sure if i'll be hanging onto this copy (Open to offers via private message).

Necrozius

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bloodborne the board game

It has some DNA borrowed from Kingdom Death for sure, with enemies controlled by A.I. cards and the general bizarre, larger-than-life high-concept surrealism.

The minis are incredible (although the PC minis are of a smaller scale than I'm used to). But the monsters! Geez Louise they'll be great for other board games and RPGs.

Truly remarkable and fun. I quite like it, even though the PC game it's based on would kick my ass into oblivion.

Jenx

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I might have screwed up. My son broke his toy wooden sword (which he likes to swing about and thrust/stab with. I fear for the TV every time he comes to visit.) so added 'a new sword' to his Xmas list.

1639737329187.jpg

bought from https://www.theknightshop.com/

The picture probably doesn't do this thing justice. It's got some weight to it and I would consider it 'the right size' for me. Bear in mind I'm 6'4 (and a bit) and 250lb give or take. My son is 12 years old and 'smaller' shall we say. Hmmm. We're getting to the stage where post will be iffy before xmas. Buy a smaller sword or just present it and... hope for the best? He'll love it. Until he lifts the thing up.

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I might have screwed up. My son broke his toy wooden sword (which he likes to swing about and thrust/stab with. I fear for the TV every time he comes to visit.) so added 'a new sword' to his Xmas list.

1639737329187.jpg

The picture probably doesn't do this thing justice. It's got some weight to it and I would consider it 'the right size' for me. Bear in mind I'm 6'4 (and a bit) and 250lb give or take. My son is 12 years old and 'smaller' shall we say. Hmmm. We're getting to the stage where post will be iffy before xmas. Buy a smaller sword or just present it and... hope for the best? He'll love it. Until he lifts the thing up.
Looks class. They've a nice range of famous/mythic swords as well I see.

Endless Flight

Owns A Few Brain Cells
Administrator
Reaction score

1639737329187.jpg

He’ll definitely run that through your TV.

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score
The Physical Bundle (which included pdfs though I had most of them) came in today for Mutant Chronicles Rpg. Or in other words more 2d20 goodness. <snicker>

View attachment 39611
I really wanted to go in for the physical- I love the PDFs, but only have a couple in physical. This makes me wish I'd pulled the trigger on these instead of FL. Especially since they haven't even shipped my order yet, 3 weeks later. Shipping is one thing, but when you Logistics chain can't even package them, you're having a more dire problem. And thanks for the 20% off coupon, but considering it expires on 12/31 and you haven't even shipped my original order yet, why would I spend even more?

3rik

(ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣﹏ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣) R.I.P. Hana Kimura (1997 - 2020)
Reaction score
Bloodborne the board game

It has some DNA borrowed from Kingdom Death for sure, with enemies controlled by A.I. cards and the general bizarre, larger-than-life high-concept surrealism.

The minis are incredible (although the PC minis are of a smaller scale than I'm used to). But the monsters! Geez Louise they'll be great for other board games and RPGs.

Truly remarkable and fun. I quite like it, even though the PC game it's based on would kick my ass into oblivion.
We backed that on Kickstarter, added - I think - two add-ons and got a load of stretch goal extras. For cool monster miniatures you might also want to check out the Dark Souls boardgame.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
Did you think of RPGs while you ate it?
What or who he may have thought of is not your concern. This entire conversation is going to be redacted by the powers that be.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
What or who he may have thought of is not your concern. This entire conversation is going to be redacted by the powers that be.
The Abacus Ministry of Thread Purity will note your willful ignorance in attempting to keep this thread in target. People will be coming. Do not struggle.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
The Abacus Ministry of Thread Purity will note your willful ignorance in attempting to keep this thread in target. People will be coming. Do not struggle.
The agents of the Emperor will delete you and anyone who shares you gene seed. Light of the highest be with you.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I got the Maelstrom Manor and Maelstrom Campaign books (which are 40% off like everything from Arion Games). Well, technically the books themselves aren't here yet, that would take a few more weeks, but they go with PDFs...and those are here:shade:!

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com