Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It looks like there are delays for fulfilment in the US but it is currently underway.

To be honest, my expectations for DiS were less than Mork Borg and Cy Borg but I am very impressed with the end result. Its still bleak but the vibe is different and the book is solid.

I wouldn't mind adding Top Secret to the game stash. Chances of running it are zero but both the original and later SI edition had some novel ideas and are interesting to me from a historical and nostalgic perspective. The original TS has one of the great RPG covers.

Sadly only NWO is available on Drive Thru. I know nothing about it, but the reviews are pretty awful, so I'll be curious to hear what you think of it, hot mess or just a dated game system not accepted by the New World Order. :hehe:

I'm a big fan of TP SI and just found a great deal on Ebay for the boxset and 4 supplements. We have a thread on it here:

Think I only need the second Covert Opps book and the cool Agent 13 supplement.

Last edited:
So this isn't exactly something I obtained recently, but I have rather a large collection of DCC stuff that I've never done more than glance at, but which I am currently actually reading. It's a more interesting design take on the OSR than I was expecting. Plus it has a lovely amount of gonzo baked into the adventures, which I like.
I'm a big fan of DCC. It can be crunchy in places, but it's all crunch that gives fun and often surprising results that add to the game.

I'm a big fan of TP SI and just found a great deal on Ebay for the boxset and 4 supplements. We have a thread on it here:

What do you call a great deal? I just picked up some of TSSI myself. Wondering how much I overpaid.

What do you call a great deal? I just picked up some of TSSI myself. Wondering how much I overpaid.

Got the boxset and 4 supplements for $65 CAD. I think a lot of this stuff sells for silly prices, some of the supplements I got are listed at $80 on Ebay.

I'm a big fan of DCC. It can be crunchy in places, but it's all crunch that gives fun and often surprising results that add to the game.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. It's got some nice design features that trad B/X clones don't, which is cool. I'm thinking hard about making this my default system for my Planejammer hack.

Got the boxset and 4 supplements for $65 CAD. I think a lot of this stuff sells for silly prices, some of the supplements I got are listed at $80 on Ebay.

yeah, that was a great deal!

I wouldn't mind adding Top Secret to the game stash. Chances of running it are zero but both the original and later SI edition had some novel ideas and are interesting to me from a historical and nostalgic perspective. The original TS has one of the great RPG covers.

Sadly only NWO is available on Drive Thru. I know nothing about it, but the reviews are pretty awful, so I'll be curious to hear what you think of it, hot mess or just a dated game system not accepted by the New World Order. :hehe:
TS: NWO uses a whole different system. Aside from its name, and the involvement of Merle Rasmussen, it's a whole new thing. Oh, and it's still available in print from Solarian Games:

They're pretty much A5, 15cm x 21cm or thereabouts, and softback with full colour throughout; really lovely books. I got them off a Kickstarter and I'm guessing they'll run other campaigns for later issues as that seems to be the trend. You could contact the creators for more info through KS.

Is the "bric-a-brac" ordered, grouped or structured around certain themes in a way?

Mythras arrived today, and yes, having just seen The Northman I also think it would be a good fit
simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. It's got some nice design features that trad B/X clones don't, which is cool. I'm thinking hard about making this my default system for my Planejammer hack.
From all that I know about this setting, if you've got to run it with a d20 system, DCC is your best bet by a very wide margin:thumbsup:!

Then again, if you have to run anything d20, DCC is probably your best bet anyway, if you ask me (one of the few d20 systems I actively enjoy:shade:).

From all that I know about this setting, if you've got to run it with a d20 system, DCC is your best bet by a very wide margin:thumbsup:!

Then again, if you have to run anything d20, DCC is probably your best bet anyway, if you ask me (one of the few d20 systems I actively enjoy:shade:).
Not exactly related to thread, but DCC isn't a d20 product, I think. That was one of it's features that diminished the system for me. I loved EVERYTHING in it, except those funky dices... Yeah, there's those dice-rolling apps and everything, but I'm the sole creature in all of my playing groups that hasn't ever used a smartphone.

Not exactly related to thread, but DCC isn't a d20 product, I think. That was one of it's features that diminished the system for me. I loved EVERYTHING in it, except those funky dices... Yeah, there's those dice-rolling apps and everything, but I'm the sole creature in all of my playing groups that hasn't ever used a smartphone.
It's using the d20 OGL and has classes, levels,
BAB and hit points (not to mention reflex, fortitude and will saves, or a Vancian-if-you-fail-the check magic system, and I keep silent as to the presence of elves and half-as-longs). To me, that makes it a d20-based product, like the whole of the OSR:thumbsup:!
That is one of it's features that diminish the system for me, but luckily, I've found it to be one of the select few I can actually enjoy.

Also I simply emulate the weird dice with a d8 and a random other die:shade:.

Yeah, the funky dice thing took me aback, but it's not a barrier to service for me either. YMMV.

I forced myself for a minute to believe this was an RPG for The Lost Room miniseries. It looks pretty cool however!
Now I want a Lost Room RPG...

Yesterday I succumbed to the siren call of lowered prices on Drivethru and picked up:

Sunken Lands.jpg

I have a fair amount of the material for their other game, Beyond the Wall, because it is (or was) free, but have never got around to trying it. The basic premise of this seems more up my alley than Beyond the Wall, so maybe it will get to the table.

That's an IP I might buy a game of... if it expanded on the show... gave us more about the factions and objects.
I've seen people say that the show is reminiscent of Unknown Armies, though I don't know UA well enough to know.
Hardcopies of Gruntz 15mm and Death In Space
Gruntz is a lot of fun. My 15mm scifi figs split their service between that and Stargrunt II.

Gruntz is a lot of fun. My 15mm scifi figs split their service between that and Stargrunt II.
It was tough choosing between the two. I would appreciate your hot take on the two along with any mini recommendations before I buy. I got 15mm fever!

It was tough choosing between the two. I would appreciate your hot take on the two along with any mini recommendations before I buy. I got 15mm fever!
I see Stargrunt as an inheritor of Traveller's 'Striker', in flavor and approach to military scifi. Its a bit more 'straight' scifi (no magic/psi).
Gruntz is a bit more cinematic, based (IIRC) on Warmachine, and wacky things like mechs get more support/acceptance from those rules than in Stargrunt. (still no magic).

Most of my 15mm scifi is from GZG (Ground Zero Games... who wrote Stargrunt), I like that their vehicles are metal, not resin.
I've also picked up some very nice stuff from Khurusan and CP models... those last two having some fun/weird alien forces.

EDIT: Another nice thing about GZG (and Alternative Armies as well, somewhat) is that they have a lot of their figures across various scales... so I can have some of the same factions in 25mm, 15mm, and 6mm if I want to.

Last edited:

Yesterday I succumbed to the siren call of lowered prices on Drivethru and picked up:

View attachment 45599

I have a fair amount of the material for their other game, Beyond the Wall, because it is (or was) free, but have never got around to trying it. The basic premise of this seems more up my alley than Beyond the Wall, so maybe it will get to the table.

From my limited readthrough of Through Sunken Lands it looks like it will easily support a classic S&S campaign. I was a little disappointed, I thought there were going to be more generation tools for making your own campaign setting (something like Crawford's Tag system or similar), did I miss them?

I really, really liked Beyond the Wall (though I've never actually used it) and plan to use it some day for a more gentle, laid-back LeGuin style campaign.

IMG_3466 Small.jpeg

Kickstarter fulfilled! I'd almost forgotten this was on the way after having read the PDFs. Very neat riff on the F20 world, built for 5e. The one in the center is actually the Player's Guide, Gamemaster's Guild, and Bestiary all in one slipcase (which I guess was a stretch goal). Beautiful books.

Destined, the superhero game using the Mythras/BRP system. Nice take on supers. You can build interesting supers. The system has some limits, but every game does. No core setting, so that can be a plus. I need to really deep dive on this one.
What are the limits that you can tell? Does it break doing Cosmic level stuff? Or Street level? Specifics, please.

View attachment 45612

Kickstarter fulfilled! I'd almost forgotten this was on the way after having read the PDFs. Very neat riff on the F20 world, built for 5e. The one in the center is actually the Player's Guide, Gamemaster's Guild, and Bestiary all in one slipcase (which I guess was a stretch goal). Beautiful books.
Damn, I've not got a shipping notice yet. <grumble> They look awesome, thanks for sharing that you got yours.

What are the limits that you can tell? Does it break doing Cosmic level stuff? Or Street level? Specifics, please.

Cosmics and upper level supers seem to be a break point So You can make a kryptonian-like character. But you would need to push the system and use some advancements to make one properly. With creative use of Boosts (power augments and stunts) you could make things works. (Though if your GM creates a Kryptonian race template ... maybe you could get some extra core powers.)

It is missing a few "super attribute" core powers. For example, you can do the F/X thing, use empathy with boosts and flaws (to make people like and believe you) to be super charisma, to simulate those. Still those can get wonky as we have found from other f/x games. I have yet to find a way to buy extra skill points, so super skilled characters are not a starting option (thus you have to adjust your conception to be more starting. (there is just a bonus from prodigy core power for three skills) That could be a game balance thing, but.... Thse are the big ones I have found so far.

If you get creative with making new boosts (power augments and stunts) and flaws (and your GM accepts them - always a hurdle) you can do more interesting powers and effects.

Still, this is so much better than Super World (and the BRP Gold version of Super World Mechanics). It beats any of the fan produced version over the years.

Arrived today.

20220516_16043872.jpg

After feeling disappointed by the recent GI Joe RPG I was thinking about what would make a good system for it (lots of things would of course) but then remembered I saw a forum post somewhere for Search & Destroy. It's an "action" supplement for Supers! Red. So I took a look at it on DTRPG, ordered it, and the physical copy arrived today!

It's not a big book but it covers enough stuff to make Supers! work for anything Modern and in action movie territory instead of superheroes. It has a bunch of tweaks for the existing rules and a bunch of new rules but also lots of examples. So it doesn't appear to add too much crunch to the game. I statted up a bunch of Characters from Buffy, using Supers! Red, several years ago and I'm now wondering how much different they'd be if I stat them up using this.

I just got my Dark Crystal in the mail. Beautiful, but I'm afraid the cover/GM screen may be to light to stand up during a game.
I already have some of the Brian Froud art in one of those coffee table books from the 80's, but I believe in redundancy checks.
813Ou3GnhcL.jpg

Also a WH40 Chaos Knight Army Set. The lid is punctured in several places FROM THE INSIDE!!! :shock:
I swear, the spikes on those War Dogs, NOT normal! :hehe:

The kickstarter materials for Ruin of Symbaroum for 5E just came in. GM's Guide, Player's Guide, Beastiary, art/map pack, and GM scree + adventure. Looks great, as always from Free League.

I am a big fan of the setting and art, but when running Symbaroum there just wasn't a way around the players rapidly becoming demigods, and that was with using the GM's suggestions to curtail it. I'll be interested to see how it runs with D&D 5e. It has races/character classes from Symbaroum so that might take some convincing for players who have only played D&D 5E.

I hope to run it in the fall, and it's worth noting that this will be my first foray into Dungeons & Dragons in over 20 years. :smile:

SYM_5E_3_books_maps_gm-screen2.jpeg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back