Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I got Fall of Delta Green as a birthday gift at the beginning of the month and have finally completed reading what can genuinely be described as a massive tome. I'm looking forward to running it but I'm thinking two or three player characters max and also expecting some difficulties in getting character generation done as not everyone will buy a copy even in PDF to play.

Decided to order all four of the currently existing Original Adventures Reincarnated, mostly for nostalgia reasons.

Pre-ordered the Castle Amber remake. It's a gift for the partner. It's his favorite D&D module.

Also pre-ordered the Curse of Strahd Revised box set and Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden limited. To be honest, I just think the limiteds look neat.

I'd be interested in the super deluxe Strahd set, but it's honestly not worth that much to me and I can't really afford it right now anyway. So, oh well.

Other than that, I've been picking up TSR MSH stuff. I'm within sniping range of a complete set now. I think it's all adventure modules from here to the finish line.

Decided to order all four of the currently existing Original Adventures Reincarnated, mostly for nostalgia reasons.

Pre-ordered the Castle Amber remake. It's a gift for the partner. It's his favorite D&D module.

Also pre-ordered the Curse of Strahd Revised box set and Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden limited. To be honest, I just think the limiteds look neat.

I'd be interested in the super deluxe Strahd set, but it's honestly not worth that much to me and I can't really afford it right now anyway. So, oh well.

Other than that, I've been picking up TSR MSH stuff. I'm within sniping range of a complete set now. I think it's all adventure modules from here to the finish line.
I'm still debating on Lost City Reincarnated. Please do tell what you think of it.

I got the B4 reprint from Goodman. It's very nice but not designed for playing except with a lot of work.Basically you'd have to photocopy all the maps and handouts from the book or at least buy a 3rd party map set from DTRPG ( a few bucks) that only has the core pyramid maps and none of the Lost City itself. I got a copy for nostalgia purposes but if I was going to run it now I'd do it with a clone or Black Hack or Vagabonds of Dyfed or maybe even a S&S ruleset (Mythras or Openquest).

tenor.gif

For hoarding or playing?

For hoarding or playing?

I don't know about G Gabriel but everything I acquire is with the intention of playing but then I look at my game shelves and realize I'll never have time to play everything I own. :grin:

But I've bought stuff in shrink-wrap over the years and I immediately tear it off so I can read the item. I'm a collector but everything I get is with the intention to read and/or play.

I got the B4 reprint from Goodman. It's very nice but not designed for playing except with a lot of work.Basically you'd have to photocopy all the maps and handouts from the book or at least buy a 3rd party map set from DTRPG ( a few bucks) that only has the core pyramid maps and none of the Lost City itself. I got a copy for nostalgia purposes but if I was going to run it now I'd do it with a clone or Black Hack or Vagabonds of Dyfed or maybe even a S&S ruleset (Mythras or Openquest).
Sorry but do you mean the DTRPG additional maps don't include the Lost City or the book doesn't detail the Lost City?

The adventure modules? Most of them will be for hoarding. There are exceptions, though.

The original Basic series modules I don't already own? Those would be just to hoard and for the maps. One can never have too many MSH maps.

But the Advanced modules tend to appeal to me a bit more. I think I might like to run the Cosmos Cubed series because it just seems so balls to the wall, testing the upper limit of the system past the breaking point. Plus, I'm curious about most of the others.

The adventure modules? Most of them will be for hoarding. There are exceptions, though.

The original Basic series modules I don't already own? Those would be just to hoard and for the maps. One can never have too many MSH maps.

But the Advanced modules tend to appeal to me a bit more. I think I might like to run the Cosmos Cubed series because it just seems so balls to the wall, testing the upper limit of the system past the breaking point. Plus, I'm curious about most of the others.
The modules are a good source for maps as well as character write-ups. I've adapted a couple for use with other games, but wouldn't say it's because they're not usable as written so much as because I've never run anything as written. (I like to tweak and modify stuff to suit the PCs and specific location--usually California for superhero games.)

" a 3rd party map set from DTRPG ( a few bucks) that only has the core pyramid maps and none of the Lost City itself. "" The 3rd party maps do not include anything beyond the 5 levels of the pyramid and 5 levels of catacombs, although both gridded and un-gridded maps are included for your VTT of choice.

Iconic Encounters-B4-The Lost City from Grumpy Dog Game Design is the map file on DTRPG in the D&D DMsGuild section.

This is on my wish list to buy, I'm still deciding to pull the trigger or not.
I was just gonna wing a Classic Era Star Trek game using Fate Core + Fate Space Toolkit, (or I was considering if Traveler could do it justice).
...but I dunno, the official Star Trek game (2D20) is looking quite nice :thumbsup:

Got my Boot Hill and Top Secret S/I boxed sets yesterday. I was excited to get a bonus item in the Boot Hill box, the Referee Screen complete with the mini-module inserted. The TS S/I boxed set is missing the GM screen and fold-up figures but is otherwise complete. The dice in the Boot Hill box certainly aren't what came with it. Would be difficult to roll a percentage with two dice of the same color. :grin:

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg IMG_0449.jpeg

Would be difficult to roll a percentage with two dice of the same color.
It could be done by not rolling them at the same time or using some other criterium to distinguish between the dice.

It could be done by not rolling them at the same time or using some other criterium to distinguish between the dice.
You can generally get by just agreeing to always read from left to right.

The number of situations where that would be ambiguous is, in practice, extremely small.

So within the last six months?
  • Lyonesse: Playing High Dudgeon with Loz sold me, my flick through this weighty tome is not doing justice so I’ll be taking Loz advice to read the books first to avoid spoilers and follow the read through on this site before deep delving.
  • Keyforge: Secrets of the crucible. This setting is nuts and absolutely gonzo...and I’ll never run it, but I’ll steal about 70% of the material at some point for other games as there are tons of goodies I’d use in other settings.
  • Midgard (5e): Literally all of it, first of two settings that will have me running 5e for my group again. Love the material and gives me something I can use as inspiration to run a 5e game.
  • Fateforge (5e): Second of the 5e settings that can convince me to run a 5e game. Still awaiting the Bestiary KS.
  • Cortex Prime...sort of. Still awaiting the finished product and the setting spotlights would be handy as examples of how to use but looks like a very good system for homebrew settings/games.

So within the last six months?
  • Lyonesse: Playing High Dudgeon with Loz sold me, my flick through this weighty tome is not doing justice so I’ll be taking Loz advice to read the books first to avoid spoilers and follow the read through on this site before deep delving.
  • Keyforge: Secrets of the crucible. This setting is nuts and absolutely gonzo...and I’ll never run it, but I’ll steal about 70% of the material at some point for other games as there are tons of goodies I’d use in other settings.
  • Midgard (5e): Literally all of it, first of two settings that will have me running 5e for my group again. Love the material and gives me something I can use as inspiration to run a 5e game.
  • Fateforge (5e): Second of the 5e settings that can convince me to run a 5e game. Still awaiting the Bestiary KS.
  • Cortex Prime...sort of. Still awaiting the finished product and the setting spotlights would be handy as examples of how to use but looks like a very good system for homebrew settings/games.
I also received Fateforge as well, it's got great art, and looks like a really decent setting for D&D 5E, much more my thing than Forgotten Realms.
I'm also waiting on Cortex Prime, so we'lll seehow it goes.
Lyonesse is definately on my list once the international shipping costs become more reasonable. I have most of the Mythras settings, but this one looks really great.

Picked up the new APG for PF2.
Not a fan of the Investigator class. Paizo appears to have a serious love for batman.

I also received Fateforge as well, it's got great art, and looks like a really decent setting for D&D 5E, much more my thing than Forgotten Realms.
I'm also waiting on Cortex Prime, so we'lll seehow it goes.
Lyonesse is definately on my list once the international shipping costs become more reasonable. I have most of the Mythras settings, but this one looks really great.

My players LOVE D&D, me not so much so having settings I want to delve into makes it easier for me to run. The pre-release pdf of Cortex is good, I can see this actually being a better ‘toolkit’ than Genesys (another favourite of mine) but my patience has worn thin with the delays and promises tbh.

Lyonesse looks magnificent and is in my shortlist of the three settings I want to run for Mythras, but I need to read it properly to decide if it beats out Mythic Britain or Thennla. But I’ll have time to think that over after UKgamesexpo and albacon.

Whether you go for Lyonesse, Mythic Britain or Thennla surely depends on which of you game pitches appeals most to your players?

I know that I'd find my home group players are most likely to go for the trad fantasy of Thennla rather than the Cornwell MB setting or the more off-the-wall Lyonesse setting. I'd need four fans of Vance to run that and four Dark Ages history nerds to run MB although I did run Caves of the Circind at UK Games Expo a few years back when MB was first released and that was well received.

Whether you go for Lyonesse, Mythic Britain or Thennla surely depends on which of you game pitches appeals most to your players?

I know that I'd find my home group players are most likely to go for the trad fantasy of Thennla rather than the Cornwell MB setting or the more off-the-wall Lyonesse setting. I'd need four fans of Vance to run that and four Dark Ages history nerds to run MB although I did run Caves of the Circind at UK Games Expo a few years back when MB was first released and that was well received.

Won‘t be my home group. I’ll be looking for players specifically for the Mythras game so whichever I choose I’ll recruit for that.

I offered a Mythras game over at TDM's forum and got a negligible response so finding a few Mythras players might be harder than you think. I know from prior experience Mythras doesn't do on-line combats very easily for some players without something like Roll20 mappage and tokens and players really need to have system mastery or they'll be floundering, unable to choose which action to take or SE to use.

I offered a Mythras game over at TDM's forum and got a negligible response so finding a few Mythras players might be harder than you think. I know from prior experience Mythras doesn't do on-line combats very easily for some players without something like Roll20 mappage and tokens and players really need to have system mastery or they'll be floundering, unable to choose which action to take or SE to use.
The forum is quite quiet, you’d be better off on the Discord. It’ll be via Roll20 and I’ve started on some tools to help with analysis paralysis and action/SE guidance.

Well sure, you can roll one of them and that's the tens result and then roll it again and that's the ones result. I just mainly meant that I'm pretty sure that those are not the original dice that came with that boxed set. I believe the one I got way back in the day when the game had just come out were of two different colors.

I just got in my print copy of Farflung, a gift from a friend as I really love it despite it being a semi-complex version of PbtA. Quite fun, since I've run mostly violence-free gaming adventures with them, mostly following our Clockwatchers bucket list. But working on other twists. Kinda fun, but the print copy is nice. Very wordy, but it does explain "how to do everything" pretty much for the game, like the PDF, it's faster for me to search so I'm delighted.

The Doom boxed set and X-Force boxed set were the hardest for me to acquire, the first availability, the second just price. After that I lucked out and managed to get the entire Handbook series for dirt cheap as part of a lot buy, but usually the later, lower print run volumes go for a lot.

The Doom boxed set and X-Force boxed set were the hardest for me to acquire, the first availability, the second just price. After that I lucked out and managed to get the entire Handbook series for dirt cheap as part of a lot buy, but usually the later, lower print run volumes go for a lot.
I'm jealous...

I'm late to the party, but I got my OSE rules tome, referee screen, and a couple Necrotic Gnome adventures in the mail yesterday. I passed on the kickstarter because I have no need for another D&D clone, but the rules tome is just such a damn nice looking book I couldn't resist.
And now that I'm looking through it, the presentation and organization is so well done, it's kind of inspiring. I ended up sitting down for a couple hours last night flipping through the tome and writing down ideas for a new campaign.

Not directly RPG-related, but I'm sure it will inspires some RPG ideas for me: picked up The Art of Vampirella: The Dynamite Years. I already had The Art of Vampirella: The Warren Years. Both are nice, large hardcovers with good coloring that show off the art effectively.

Whichever one lands further to the left is the tens, i.e., read them as you normally would read anything. Problem solved.

Last year I told the Pub I was done with physical media but ever since worldwide quarantine started I have broken my vow. None of it was worth sharing except for Carcosa until today's delivery from Exalted Funeral. I love the OSE rules tome, it has everything you need for a level 1-10 in a handy durable book; just add creativity. Plus some sweet OSR zines from that Hungarian genius Gabor Lux. Each zine comes with a fold out map and a free pdf copy which is a ton of value for $6-8.

IMG_0044.JPG

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back